Captain Planet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Spelljammer
Ah, because Power Rangers was meationed earlier, SpellJammer fealt it appropiate to name another really bad fad in American television called Captain Planet. Though SpellJammer must admit this was the most complimentive thing to Paganism sense Harry Potter, which is so frickin' sad..

Captain Planet was this majorly powerful summon that it took the five elements to bring into being. (Much like our good friend "God" in Neo-Paganism.) He sported a red armour with green hair (Common witch colours.) and for some reason reminded SpellJammer of Crest toothpaste. (But even as a kid his favorite has been Culgate.)

The only being more powerful then him (Or atleast wiser, they never really got into that.) was Gaia. (another godess in real folklore.) She hanged out in a crystal fotress, (Which crystals are very important in spells.) and created the five rings to summon Captain Planet because well, the Earth was beggining to suck with all these coporate fatcats. Who consisted of werehogs, people that could shoot nuclear energy, underpaid rednecks, Paris Hilton had she been given Hitler's brain, and eventualy a rival SpellJammer guesses Satan character who was a buff bio-hazard who created an Anti-Planet who was more annoying with his nasal voice and bad jokes then evil..

But this raises the question of the entirely too PC for television ring bearers and which ring you'd possibly be given..

Quami was given the Ring of Earth. This Malcom X clone could cause chasams, do all sorts of destructive things and possed the Wrath of God. Sweet stuff, was my favorite character. "Let our powers combine!"

Linka, the Ring bearer of Air. (Or Wind if you want to get technichal here..) the annerexic commie sympathizer who was not only incharge of oxygen levels and tornados, but also probably F'ed everyone in the series including the pet monkey.

Wheeler, the Ring bearer of Fire. Obviously the most destructive of the rings and ofcourse, give it to the hotheaded American who comes from the Bronx and thinks he has a sense of humor but doesn't.

Gee, the Ring Bearer of Water. Much like Aquaman, this power sucks unless she's near a pool or atleast a fawcet. Ofcourse she's the quite type and was most likely a beaten slave merchant.

And then there's Montee, the Ring bearer of Ether. (Or as this lame Ted Turner production called it "Heart".) SpellJammer says ether to make this closet homosexual's power seem more badass. (No Montee, not THAT kindof ass..) Ether as SpellJammer calls it was a decent ring, it allowed empathy and telepathy. Which if he had applied it like he was supposed too could play mind games on the badguys or atleast learn about thier plans, instead he always just wanted to know how people "fealt" (Pthffft!) and telepathicaly asked his idiot friends for help. Idiot friends who were too stupid to stick together in the first place. It's like Scooby Doo had they voted for Ralph Nader!

So which ring do you think Gaia would've stuck your ass with? Or do you think you'd be a "polluter"?
Who was your favorite?
And overall just talk about this sickingly lame series that had a good gimmick..

Ladyluck
your threads are too long... I don't think anyone actually reads them no expression

EsteemedLeader
I just read the individual bios, if you can even call them that. They are indeed funny laughing out loud

RagingSilent
I used to watch that show as a youngin -.-embarrasment....I think my favourite character was the blonde chick...ummm Linka..yeah, thas her namesmile

Tired Hiker
As soon as I saw 'power rangers' i stopped reading. erm

EsteemedLeader
Remember, the power is yours!

Red Superfly
Captain Planet, hes our hero
Gonna take pollution down to zero
Gonna help him, put asunder
bad guys that like to pollute and plunder

YOU'LL PAY FOR THIS CAPTAIN PLANET

We're the planeteers, you can be one too
Cos savin the planet is tha thing to do
Lootin and pollutin is not the way
Hear what captain planet has to say!

The power is yours! (with mullet)

F*ck. I know the words to the song still to this day. Sad. sad

I thought the wind-girl was hot. Hell even the bad chick with the hair coverring that hideous scar was hot. Sad sad

Kharhmah
Originally posted by Tired Hiker
As soon as I saw 'power rangers' i stopped reading. erm
As did I.

Neo_Version 7
Captain Planet was the shit! yes

Red Superfly
Captain Planet was one of those instances where he was both "The Shit" and "Shit" at the same time, just like Power Rangers.

EsteemedLeader
Solid Snake,
Captain Planet,
McGyver,

All of them have mullets, all of them pull it off...happy

Neo_Version 7
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Captain Planet was one of those instances where he was both "The Shit" and "Shit" at the same time, just like Power Rangers.

Yeah, but he was more "The Shit". laughing out loud

Red Superfly
Mainly due to the green mullet.

Neo_Version 7
That screamed bad-ass.

BENITO
Originally posted by Ladyluck
your threads are too long... I don't think anyone actually reads them no expression I don't

Pezmerga
Id probally be given the Water Ring cuz I hate Aquaman and itd be karmic justice.....

ALso I hated this show... I watched X-men and Spiderman. oh and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!

Solo
Originally posted by Neo_Version 7
Yeah, but he was more "The Shit". laughing out loud
word.

Kumar
Captain Planet was Quite possibly my favorite show as a kid. Me and My buddy (Ganner Rhysode) are currently big fans of the show (thats right, we STILL like it.. kinda jokingly though) anyway, he found authentic Captain Planet rings online and we are getting them. they are only like 5 dollars. I am Kuame (but i am not black >_&gtwink and he is Wheeler. the rings should be here by Monday. I AM SO EXCITED!!! eek!

Inspectah Deck
The show was very funny with its slogan. "The Power Is Yours!"

tedsallis
Yet another piece of TV nostalgia. Where do certain TV shows go when nobody's looking?
(Post #8, just a few more to go...)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.