Yu-Gi-Oh!:Nightmare of the Trabadour

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

powerfulone1987
I just got this game and it is a decent game.

I haven't gotten that deep into it because of all my college work but it seems good. After all, all of the other gameboy Yu-Gi-Oh! games have been good.
Especially when compared to the Yu-Gi-Oh! console games like the ones for Playstation,Playstation 2, and Gamecube. I didn't get the play the one for Xbox cause I don't own one, because I don't like the Xbox but anyway the game probably sucked too.

But the Gameboy Yu-Gi-Oh! games have been good. I even finshed a whole game of one of them and to complete a whole game is something when it comes to me.
But anyway, this one for the DS even had graphics of the card character floating above the card on the top screen so that was a plus for me.

So I recommend this game if you don't have it. You should check it out.

Anybody own this game or thinking about getting it or just has some input on this game?

If so post here.

Hit_and_Miss
I got 2 yu-gi-oh games for the gameboys,

I find them ok, but they are a bit too easy. Its a shame the enemy don't really evolve there decks where as yours becomes uber powerful. best move i did was callout blue eyes ultimate dragon on my second go + doubled its attack for an instant kill.

Even yu-gi is tooo easy to beat. you can almost see him cry when dark magician loses...

powerfulone1987
Yeah I agree that some of the beginning players that you were able to play in the beginning were made to play at a easy level so you could progress through the game because in the beginning you are a beginner at an easy level, you wouldn't be able to beat them if they were very difficult.

But new opponents showed up that were at a more advanced level for you so if you wanted more competition you could play them so you didn't have to play against Yu-Gi_oh if you didn't want to.

So I am sure if you played the more advanced characters you would be complaining about how easy the game it.

And you shouldn't base the way you think this game will play out by the way the other ones did. This is after all the first one on the DS.

Hit_and_Miss
If you watch the shows you would know he cheats.... Every fight hes in, Hes made up the rules. I don't think I've seen one fight where he hasn't given abilites to a card that don't exist. "I believe in the heart of the cards".... as soon as you hear that.. know....just know....that yu-gi is about to make something up that invalidates all the rules of the game.

I know new oponents show up all the time... But there nothing... so they got one or too good cards in there deck.. wow.... they still get owned to my deck... They need to have actual challenging AI in the game too. Every time I let them start they always put the card in defence mode... and every time.... That card has a higher attack then it does defence...

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
If you watch the shows you would know he cheats.... Every fight hes in, Hes made up the rules. I don't think I've seen one fight where he hasn't given abilites to a card that don't exist. "I believe in the heart of the cards".... as soon as you hear that.. know....just know....that yu-gi is about to make something up that invalidates all the rules of the game.

I know new oponents show up all the time... But there nothing... so they got one or too good cards in there deck.. wow.... they still get owned to my deck... They need to have actual challenging AI in the game too. Every time I let them start they always put the card in defence mode... and every time.... That card has a higher attack then it does defence...

Lol, that's funny about the show. But I know what you're saying. But other characters in the show come up with spur ofthe moments abilities in the game too and add abilities to the cards. But i know what you're saying .
"Heart of the Cards" . "Would you look at that I have just drawn all five part to Exodia", "I would have never guessed this to happen in a million years. To have something like this happen just when im about to lose at the last moment, that never happens to me. Im just good like that."

Sir Mist
I got the Yugi and the Joey games on computer from a friend...its cool strategy stuff, but the game is way too slow for my liking...

Hit_and_Miss
if you get it as roms... a good emu will have frame skiping abilites.... takes like half the time!...my gameboy broke ya see

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by Sir Mist
I got the Yugi and the Joey games on computer from a friend...its cool strategy stuff, but the game is way too slow for my liking...

What is this you are talking about?

Sir Mist
if you get it as roms... a good emu will have frame skiping abilites.... takes like half the time!...my gameboy broke ya see

Its not a rom, its the proper game. And I didnt mean frame rate/PC problems, I meant the actual gameplay....the time it takes for your opponent to make a move, then everytime they play a card it asks 'do you want to counter this' or something....it gets annoying as hell..

Originally posted by powerfulone1987
What is this you are talking about?

Yu-Gi-Oh! Power Of Chaos and Yu-Gi-Oh! Power Of Chaos: Joey The Passion for computer. I havent played any other Yugioh games, just commenting on these ones..

Antillies
i played the real card game that is similair to yu-gi-oh stick out tongue
MAGIC the gathering but i stopped playing and gave the deck to my cuzin

Hit_and_Miss
My favorite yu-gi move is in the first series...

Hes fighting some guy who has played castle of darkness (or something) and his side of the field is completely dark.... yu-gi ends up destroying the flotation ring of the castle and crushes all the guys monsters...

When I saw that, it was like a wake up call... I though to myself... HOW ON EARTH TO YOU ATTACK PART OF A CARD!......

The games are slow sometimes with the constant "Would you like to magic/trap card them now" lines... But thats only because yu-gi would probably be cheating right about then....

EvilCap America
If it comes with nice promo cards i might pick it up

Neo_Version 7

Hes fighting some guy who has played castle of darkness (or something) and his side of the field is completely dark.... yu-gi ends up destroying the flotation ring of the castle and crushes all the guys monsters...

When I saw that, it was like a wake up call... I though to myself... HOW ON EARTH TO YOU ATTACK PART OF A CARD!......

The games are slow sometimes with the constant "Would you like to magic/trap card them now" lines... But thats only because yu-gi would probably be cheating right about then....

That was madness. messed

I think he was battling that guy who scares people, right? That guy owned. laughing out loud

I have a real deck actually. Anyone else got a real deck?

EvilCap America
Originally posted by Neo_Version 7
That was madness. messed

I think he was battling that guy who scares people, right? That guy owned. laughing out loud

Ive been playing for a little while now.I started running a bad light deck switched to Zombie once the starter came out loved it but now im playing a Rock deck casually for the fun of it

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by Sir Mist
Its not a rom, its the proper game. And I didnt mean frame rate/PC problems, I meant the actual gameplay....the time it takes for your opponent to make a move, then everytime they play a card it asks 'do you want to counter this' or something....it gets annoying as hell..

Yu-Gi-Oh! Power Of Chaos and Yu-Gi-Oh! Power Of Chaos: Joey The Passion for computer. I havent played any other Yugioh games, just commenting on these ones..

Oh, never heard of these games.

Are they well known?

When did they come out?

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by BornToRule
i played the real card game that is similair to yu-gi-oh stick out tongue
MAGIC the gathering but i stopped playing and gave the deck to my cuzin

Why?

powerfulone1987

Lol, I know what you mean, but it's all done in good fun.

I like the show. They do it right enough. It's the heart of the cards.

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by Neo_Version 7
That was madness. messed

Yup, i got a deck as soon as they came out.

I got the yugi deck and some booster packs and my sister got the kaiba deck with some booster packs, but me and my sister would always get into an argument when playing the game together, i don't know if the rules were confusing to her or we had differences when it came to the math and the way we played thecards and special effects but we argued. So eventually she stopped playing. so i haven't had anybody to play with since. So my deck is probably behind in good cards and i haven't played with it in a long time, i miss it though, but no opponents. So i must turn to yugioh games. The gameboy and DS ones are good but the console ones suck.

EvilCap America
DL YVD at xerocreative.com if you want to play people online with a fairly updated list of available cards

powerfulone1987
What exactly is that?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.