Is there an age for true love?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Biscuit
By this I mean would i be stupid and immature for saying that I'm in love when I'm only 16? Me and my boyfriend (hes 17) believe we can make it last but are we deceiving ourselves? can love last forever?

finti
depends on what sign you are

DeVi| D0do
Love is subjective... it means different things to different people.

And the age at which you can fall in love completely depends on the person.

You're not stupid if you truly believe you are in love. And if you truly do love each other then of course you can make it work and make it last forever.

fini
IT IS very rare, but still possible.

in fact it may take some people years to realise that they were in love at that age.

finti
I loved to party and stuff at 16 - 17----------now, but I guess thats a different kind of love :d:

Biscuit
Originally posted by finti
depends on what sign you are
that makes a difference?

finti
for some

debbiejo
I'm a Gemini...Very interesting sign indeed....

I thought I was in love at 15....and maybe I was, but it didn't last..then I thought I was in love at 17...that didn't last either....then again at....oh well....I think it's just harder when your younger.....I think when your 70...you know for sure.

botankus
Originally posted by debbiejo
I think when your 70...you know for sure.

You're definately right on this one. I'm planning on settling down and starting a family at 74. That way I'll only be in my 90's when they start college.

debbiejo
Originally posted by botankus
You're definately right on this one. I'm planning on settling down and starting a family at 74. That way I'll only be in my 90's when they start college.
If your lucky your Alzheimer's will kick in and everyday will be just like new love.....

botankus
laughing out loud

Biscuit
so il only know if im in love now by looking back in a few years?

finti
if it is true love yes

Biscuit
that means love is only true if it has a past, what about having a future?

Wonderer
If you rearrange the letters combined from the two words 'true love', then you get 'eulov rte', which clearly points to the meaninglessness of 'true love. No, seriously, what am I saying, I really and truely love my wife and little daughter.

debbiejo
NO future....it all dies.... beer ...j/k

Just takes lots of work....I only know one couple that married right after high school and stayed together....Lots of tough times for them...lots of growing...

finti
when you realise it is true love then the future is set, 16 and talking about true love, no way too young, infatuation and teen love aint the same as the love you have with whom you share your life.
Maybe this infatuation/teen love can lead to true love but come again when you been around the block experienced different and gger evil face laughing out loud sorry

debbiejo
Now you depressed the poor person..... laughing out loud

Biscuit
so ur saying its not possible at my age? or just that i wouldnt know yet?

finti
more that you wouldnt know

Biscuit
but how does age make a difference?

debbiejo
Originally posted by Biscuit
but how does age make a difference?

At your age, your just starting to know.....what a great feeling eh?

NunYahBidness
By this I mean would i be stupid and immature for saying that I'm in love when I'm only 16? Me and my boyfriend (hes 17) believe we can make it last but are we deceiving ourselves? can love last forever? Yes. And yes. True love is passe'...a cliche'd word that belongs in romantic film and Harlequin novels.

finti
Love of my life you've hurt me
You've broken my heart and now you leave me
Love of my life can't you see
Bring it back bring it back
Don't take it away from me
Because you don't know
What it means to me

Love of my life don't leave me
You've taken my love you now desert me
Love of my life can't you see
Bring it back bring it back
Don't take it away from me
Because you don't know
What it means to me

You will remember
When this is blown over
And everything's all by the way
When I grow older
I will be there at your side to remind you
How I still love you I still love you

Back hurry back
Please bring it back home to me
Because you don't know
What it means to me
Love of my life
Love of my life - QUEEN

xmarksthespot

eleveninches
Well, it depends on what kind of love you mean.
Children love their parents at any age

BackFire
It's possible to find true love at a young age, though very very unlikely.

Keep in mind, people change drastically over the course of their lives, who you are now isn't who you'll be in 10 years from now, same goes for your boyfriend, especially at the age you are.

xmarksthespot
"love" is an overly broad and overused term.

tabby999
at 16 i'd be carefull its not lust, but its not impossible to fall in love young, i've got a friend who's been going out with the one guy for 6 years and shes only 19

Snoopbert
so ur saying its not possible at my age? or just that i wouldnt know yet? It's possible.

bilb
Originally posted by BackFire
It's possible to find true love at a young age, though very very unlikely.

Keep in mind, people change drastically over the course of their lives, who you are now isn't who you'll be in 10 years from now, same goes for your boyfriend, especially at the age you are.

there's your answer smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.