The Bible Code

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cloud Dancer
Have you heard of the Bible Code? Do you believe it? Just briefly, if you haven't heard of it, 3 Jewish Rabbi's claim to have discovered a 'code' in the hebrew bible that they believe was put there by God only to be discovered in the age of computers when sophisticated software could unravel it. Supposedly, most of the 'big' world events are found in the bible code like the world wars, Saddam Hussein, 9-11-01, etc. The only problem is that in order to find a 'code' you have to have search criteria, so most of the 'codes' were found after the fact. Do you buy into this? I don't believe it or disbelieve it at the moment. BUT, there IS a future event found in the bible code that is to happen on 9-9-05! That's next friday! I figure if something happens then I may start to believe it, if not, then.....oh well. If you're interested, there are 2 cryptic msgs for Friday, 9-9-05. First one: "....committed a crime of blood. For he will shoot." Second: "...a melting caused you to shrink. They desired a descending cold." What do you think these msgs mean?

Biscuit
how did u find this out??!!

Cloud Dancer
Originally posted by Biscuit
how did u find this out??!!

Oh man, it's been on the History Channel a couple of times and maybe the Discovery Channel over the past 2-3 years.

Storm
The validity of prophecies are often exaggerated. Many prophecies are vague, allowing them to be applied to many possible future events. The cryptic prophecies of Nostradamus are a prime example of this.

Biscuit
iv never heard of it ! but it sounds intresting

Storm
All of these claims are strongly denied by skeptics and many religious groups as well.

Cloud Dancer
Originally posted by Storm
All of these claims are strongly denied by skeptics and many religious groups as well.

True. Just like any of this kind of stuff, there are always people (with respected credentials) that refute the findings. In fact, I don't remember his name, but a person with 'good' credentials also showed that a 'code' could be found in the book Moby Dick. These Jewish Rabbi's that believe in the code are not just Rabbi's but respected scientists. Like I said, I don't totally buy into it and won't unless something happens on 9-9-05. Anyone have a guess what those msgs could be referring to?

debbiejo
I've heard much about this....It's interesting....I think the most important books they use are the first 5..The Torah.

Cloud Dancer

debbiejo
I think it's cool...But heard you really cannot depict the future with real accuracy in it....only past events....

Wonder if my names in it...Maybe It's the book of life mentioned in the Bible.....Whooooooo....don't want to go there......

xmarksthespot
You can probably make a complex code to make a body of text have any hidden message you want if you're bored enough.

Evil Dead
no such thing. You can take any book.......apply the same tecniques and get the same results.......ofcourse 99% of the results are discarded, leaving only the 1% that actually creates intelligible words. How exactly is this a code again?

"oh my god.......if you take Stephen King's book It...........count every seventeenth letter, the word HITLER will appear in the first chapter..........and if you count every 34th letter, the word nazi will also appear in the first chapter. Holy shit........god put a message in there........all we had to do was skip a random number of letters to get a word, then skip a random yet different number of letters to get another word that is loosely pertainable"

yeah......see the thing is.......if you skip every 17th letter you can get the word HITLER but you will also get AGEBZEBEKLEAXEL.........

why is this called the bible code anyway? Damn Christians...........they don't even use the bible, they use the Torah.

debbiejo
Yeah, they use the Torah......ED did you actually try this?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Evil Dead
no such thing. You can take any book.......apply the same tecniques and get the same results.......ofcourse 99% of the results are discarded, leaving only the 1% that actually creates intelligible words. How exactly is this a code again?

"oh my god.......if you take Stephen King's book It...........count every seventeenth letter, the word HITLER will appear in the first chapter..........and if you count every 34th letter, the word nazi will also appear in the first chapter. Holy shit........god put a message in there........all we had to do was skip a random number of letters to get a word, then skip a random yet different number of letters to get another word that is loosely pertainable"

yeah......see the thing is.......if you skip every 17th letter you can get the word HITLER but you will also get AGEBZEBEKLEAXEL.........

why is this called the bible code anyway? Damn Christians...........they don't even use the bible, they use the Torah.

I was going to give my opinion on this topic but ED beat me to it...

Evil Dead
it only works in Hebrew.........

I've watched like 2,000 shows on the Discovery channel and History channel about it. It's all nonsense. When I get the time......I'll go through any book at random and produce the same affect.

what I stated in my previous post is true though.........that is exactly how they do it. Skip every 17th letter to get a word......then skip every 42nd letter to get another word that may have some relevance to the earlier word they found..........and ofcourse nobody talks about all the other nonsense words you get by skipping every 17th letter..........

Legend Of Chibi
Originally posted by Evil Dead

Hmmm, this reminds me of all the fossil records discarded because they dissagree with evolution.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Legend Of Chibi
Hmmm, this reminds me of all the fossil records discarded because they dissagree with evolution.

Prove that any fossil records has been discarded.

Evil Dead
really.......it reminds you of that? Please.....by all means share with us all..........exactly which fossil records are you speaking of?

Superfly4000
The jesus freaks always hide things that dont go along with genesis.

Atlantis001

debbiejo
I know Hebrew stands for letters, numbers and also deeper meanings...It does sound like a cool language...

yerssot
Originally posted by Cloud Dancer
Have you heard of the Bible Code? Do you believe it? Just briefly, if you haven't heard of it, 3 Jewish Rabbi's claim to have discovered a 'code' in the hebrew bible that they believe was put there by God only to be discovered in the age of computers when sophisticated software could unravel it. Supposedly, most of the 'big' world events are found in the bible code like the world wars, Saddam Hussein, 9-11-01, etc. The only problem is that in order to find a 'code' you have to have search criteria, so most of the 'codes' were found after the fact. Do you buy into this? I don't believe it or disbelieve it at the moment. BUT, there IS a future event found in the bible code that is to happen on 9-9-05! That's next friday! I figure if something happens then I may start to believe it, if not, then.....oh well. If you're interested, there are 2 cryptic msgs for Friday, 9-9-05. First one: "....committed a crime of blood. For he will shoot." Second: "...a melting caused you to shrink. They desired a descending cold." What do you think these msgs mean?
and nostradamus prophecised 9-11 too no expression

Capt_Fantastic
The Bible code is practically useless. I see all these shows with guys saying that the history of the world was written into the bible by god. But, were that the case, why does it never seem to address the future? It's always the past with these people. We don't need to know what HAS happened, we need to know what WILL happen. And if it does tell us about these horrible events in the future, and we avoid them...the god isn't very omnipotent, is he? If I took the pieces from a scrabble board and tossed them on the floor, I'm willing to bet I could find a few words in the jumble.

El_NINO
"The Bible Code" shows examples of how a code is revealed. I dont believe that the future is already told but you never know, the reason why I dont agree with this book is because you have to manipulate some of the characters in order to make out a sentence. Oh and I have this book.

big gay kirk
Originally posted by yerssot
and nostradamus prophecised 9-11 too no expression

So did "Lord of the Rings" and Greg Bear's "Queen of Angels" when we did this at our writer's circle.... and, according to "The Return of the King," President Bush died last week....

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by big gay kirk
So did "Lord of the Rings" and Greg Bear's "Queen of Angels" when we did this at our writer's circle.... and, according to "The Return of the King," President Bush died last week....

So, we have a zombie as president?

mr.smiley
The Bible code is pretty much debunked.At first it seemed promising,but now it's just one of those things.

debbiejo
God works in mysterious ways.... ? huh

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
God works in mysterious ways.... ? huh

Man works with mysterious gods. big grin

scooby doo 12
hi storm

Wesker
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
So, we have a zombie as president?

Yeah. You didn't know?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Wesker
Yeah. You didn't know?

I don't know what got into my brain. eek! laughing

Blue nocturne
The Bible code = BS

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Blue nocturne
The Bible code = BS

The Bible code = 82

laughing stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.