Rescue choppers being fired on?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
did you guys hear this? rescue choppers in louisiana are trying to airlift victims out and were fired upon by some idiots. they had to leave. what the hell?

KharmaDog
Where did you here this?

debbiejo
On the news....I've heard it's because they were shooting to get their attention to come over here, or over there...Kind of a stupid way to get attention for help.

Rogue Jedi
some guests staying at my hotel are refugees from louisiana. they told me about it. why would people do this?

GCG
maybe cause they were doing some looting and they thought the chopper was filming them ?

Rogue Jedi
i wouldve fired back!!! give them a few clips from an M 16 and they will scatter like cockroaches.

NunYahBidness
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
i wouldve fired back!!! give them a few clips from an M 16 and they will scatter like cockroaches. And yes, that approach has worked quite well in the past.

silver_tears
I've read that, not to mention the raping of young girls in the dome, and molestation of a two year old, and the looting, the urinating and defecating in public view, etc etc. Quite grotesque and speaks a lot of humanity as a whole. But then again I read this in the Toronto Sun, from a survivor story, don't know how reliable that is.

NunYahBidness
I've read the same thing also...but of course not your paper. It's sad when such a tragedy as that also brings out the worse kind of animal to prey on the weak and helpless. Me, being a human would like to see them rot in that putrid water and be forgotten like so many garbage.

It's not enough that these people have to suffer, but suffer humiliation as well?

Snoopbert
i wouldve fired back!!! give them a few clips from an M 16 and they will scatter like cockroaches. That would be moronic for them to do.

Lana
I've been hearing and reading about this for days, and have mentioned it several times.

DarkC
did you guys hear this? rescue choppers in louisiana are trying to airlift victims out and were fired upon by some idiots. they had to leave. what the hell?
The idiots who did that deserve to be eaten by a bunch of tiger sharks.

Alpha Centauri
Insanity probably set in about the time they saw corpses and sharks floating down the avenues.

(Seriously)

-AC

GCG
so uncivilsed ; we got a glimpse of our future.

KharmaDog
O.K., enough folks, the press glorifies the instances where humanity turns in on itself and act like animals. People love to talk about it. You know what?... the people shooting eachother and looting are the same assholes who were doing that before the hurricane. It's true, a large portion of humanity sucks.

But to be serious, there are far more instances of people helping eachother out right now than people shooting eachother.

There are people donating time and money across both the U.S. and Canada (as I am sure there is other help coming fromaround the world). There are people helping eachother in the streets and the emergency services are trying their best.

You know what else (this goes out to Kidrock and those who are equally like minded) alot of the people helping eachother out are minorities. On T.V. the briefly showed an enormous black gut carrying three people of asian decent to a rescue boat and when they told the big guy t get in he said that he's got to help more people.

I'd like to see some people focus on people like that nameless guy who is helping than on the people shooting and acting like assholes.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Insanity probably set in about the time they saw corpses and sharks floating down the avenues.

(Seriously)

-AC
That'd be kind of cool...not like the death and everything, but the sharks.
Originally posted by KharmaDog
O.K., enough folks, the press glorifies the instances where humanity turns in on itself and act like animals. People love to talk about it. You know what?... the people shooting eachother and looting are the same assholes who were doing that before the hurricane. It's true, a large portion of humanity sucks.

But to be serious, there are far more instances of people helping eachother out right now than people shooting eachother.

There are people donating time and money across both the U.S. and Canada (as I am sure there is other help coming fromaround the world). There are people helping eachother in the streets and the emergency services are trying their best.

You know what else (this goes out to Kidrock and those who are equally like minded) alot of the people helping eachother out are minorities. On T.V. the briefly showed an enormous black gut carrying three people of asian decent to a rescue boat and when they told the big guy t get in he said that he's got to help more people.

I'd like to see some people focus on people like that nameless guy who is helping than on the people shooting and acting like assholes.
Doesn't matter. Availability heuristic for the win. (And the truth, at times.)

tabby999
i had an arguement with one of the women at work about this today (i.e the shooting at of the choppers). i said them firing on emergency choppers was moronic, she said that they were retaliating after being ignored by everyone for two weeks and left in this squallor and filth, with nothing to live and noone to help. if these people shooting at choppers are so screwwed, why try to take out your best chance of survival.
and yes, Kharmadog is right, these idiots looting were around before, this devistation is just a excuse to them

seaapple
My sister was there on vacation, she got evacuated to the Convention Center one night. She woke up to people singing and having church services. A good samaritan drove her to Baton Rouge. Some people she met worked for IBM and the company got a local resident to put them up for a night while they waited for a plane. The media tells the sensational part, but not the whole story. It's sad that there are some predatory people out there, but normal (the majority) people don't make the news.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.