ANH Obi vs aotc Mace

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

atlant80
Obi is stronger since ROTS and mace is weaker since ROTS. Who wins? Make sure to post and vote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mad mad laughing laughing big grin

Darth Nhilus
ANH Obi wan is better then ROTS Obi wan, or is supposed to be. But it might be close.

atlant80
Hes stronger. He already perfected form 3 and learned more of the force and age doesnt matter much (look at dooku) so Obi is still fit.

Dimmimar
Yep, Yoda, Dooku and Sidious were all old yet still titans of their time.

atlant80
i didnt mention yoda because he is not human

Fishy
We don't know about Obi...

He is probably better with the force then he is in ROTS but he hasn't seen any real combat since ROTS. He would still be good, but not all powerful. On the other hand Mace also lacks the combat experience and he probably doesn't have the control over the force as Obi Wan does. Now if ANH Obi continued training with his lightsaber which he probably did then he would most likely take Mace out. But it will not be an easy fight.

atlant80
My thoughts exactly Fishy

Lord Janus
It'd be a long fight, with a lot of backpedalling, since Mace is considerably stronger than Anakin SKywalker and easily as aggressive. And frail old Ben, trying to maintain his younger years' footwork and wait for that opening... before Shatterpoint gets him.

Nah, I vote Mace.

atlant80
Frail? So dooku is also frail? age is not much in SW

Fishy
No, but Dooku had more constant training.

Still Obi Wan his style if he trully mastered it would be incredibly hard to defeat. Now Mace is no fool but if Obi Wan has become more powerful with the force which he probably has and if he has mastered his form then he's going to be incredibly hard if not impossible to kill. Personally I think he would take out Mace once he can push Mace into a mistake.

Also remember that Mace does not seem to take a chance yet in AOTC he is a stupid fighter that goes of his primary target to do something else, something stupid. Obi Wan is probably smarter then that.

Darth Faunus
Mace isn't going to make any stupid mistakes, not this one. Not by far.

Fishy
Not a stupid mistake, but a distraction something else to occupy him. He isn't the fighter he was in ROTS yet. Well maybe he is, but then he's just not a smart general. If its the last then he could very well win, if its the first then he could lose.

Darth Faunus
Well, Mace was no fool in any of the movies (Not twisting your words, simply accentuating the point). By AOTC, he was easily one of the greatest warriors of the Jedi Order's history; by ROTS, he is all but the best. Anyways. . .

No matter how great his experience or newfound skill, Obi-Wan Kenobi would be wasted by Mace Windu as of ROTS. It's be a fight, sure, but he'd die hard.

In AOTC, Ben has a chance, but I'm sticking with Windu.

Fishy
Well yeah he is good but I am simply saying that he made some foolish mistakes, not that he was an idiot or a bad fighter just didn't know how to make priorities by AOTC. Obi Wan might take advantage of that, of course it could have been a error in his thinking about the entire war. Of course he might be far more focussed in battle I wouldn't be surprised. Still I think Obi has a chance here, but this maybe because I am misjudging Mace his character and determination in a fight by AOTC. By ROTS Mace would definitly win... Here I still have my doubts.

Lord Janus
AOTC shows that mace is a poor general, but he is a smart fighter. Particularly, Shatterpoint shows how well he adapts and how he gains insight into his enemy's minds.

Fishy
I've never read Shatterpoint so I wouldn't know... Yeah I know dead shame but I haven't found the book here... No bookstore has it.

DarthMaul9123
mace has much more speed and skill than ole obiwan does so this goes to obiwan

atlant80
What?

DarthMaul9123
in other words hes faster and better than obiwan kenobi

atlant80
not exactly. age isnt much

darthsith19
Mace - they're about tied as far as the Force goes, Obi may even be a little better, but you can't deny that Mace is the better dueler. He's more aggressive, younger (which, in some cases, does make a difference), is in better shape, has been fighting alot whereas by ANH Obi is pretty out of shape and hasn;t seen alot of action in a while. A better thread would be TPM Mace vs. ANH Obi-Wan. That one'd be close... not sure who I'd vote for, then.

ObiWan1982
This fight is very close... on one side you have Obi Wan Kenobi... who has developed more control over the force yet not faced combat in many years... and on the other side you have Mace Windu... great fighter but his control over the force is probably no longer greater than Obi Wan's... this fight to me all depends on whether or not Kenobi's soresu can hold up against the vaapad of Windu. I think that if ANH Kenobi can hold up against Vader... then he should be able to withstand Windu... only just though. This is a very balanced fight.

Just my two cents.

beer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.