Is a Jaffa cake a cake or a biscuit?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Biscuit
its in the biscuit section in the supermarket but its not very biscuity, but its called a cake and yet its not very cakey...

T.M
It's a cake

question answered yes

§P0oONY
Cake...... duh.

Deano
pretty self explanitary on the packet

Ushgarak
One of the most hotly debated points of all time, this, because of the way tax is paid differently on cakes compared to biscuits.

Entire inquiries have been held, with evidence presented, to try and prove which way around it is. Seriously! And it is still subjwct to change. McVities say cake, the authorities still think biscuit.

The basic rule is normally that a biscuit goes soft when stale and a cake goes hard. Just to be a pain, jaffa cakes do both.

T.M

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Ushgarak
One of the most hotly debated points of all time, this, because of the way tax is paid differently on cakes compared to biscuits.

Entire inquiries have been held, with evidence presented, to try and prove which way around it is. Seriously! And it is still subjwct to change. McVities say cake, the authorities still think biscuit.

The basic rule is normally that a biscuit goes soft when stale and a cake goes hard. Just to be a pain, jaffa cakes do both.

Damn.... You beat me..... I was going to post that..

Ushgarak
I believe at one point McVities created an enormous jaffa cake to prove that it was a cake... and that the ones in the packets were simply small ones.

Storm
laughing

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam.

T.M
Originally posted by Ushgarak
I believe at one point McVities created an enormous jaffa cake to prove that it was a cake... and that the ones in the packets were simply small ones.

yeah they did a 12 inch one i believe

§P0oONY
I would love an orange bit in a 12 inch jaffa cake droolio

T.M

§P0oONY
Originally posted by T.M
would be fun yes

You could make an orange jelly sandwich

T.M

§pearhead
I'll go with biscake no expression

§P0oONY
It would be worth it.

T.M

WindDancer
How does it taste? Thats what I care about wink

T.M
Originally posted by WindDancer
How does it taste? Thats what I care about wink

what a Jaffa sandwich ?

i dont think it will be very nice no

§P0oONY
Originally posted by T.M
what a Jaffa sandwich ?

i dont think it will be very nice no

Oh come on!

The two greatest creations ever made; together... droolio

T.M

§P0oONY
Originally posted by T.M
yeah but something are just left as they are yes

Well... You buy me a loaf of bread and a few packs of Jaffa Cakes and I'll prove you wrong

T.M

§P0oONY
Originally posted by T.M
i would but i have no money

There is always excuses... Away mortal mhm

T.M

eggmayo
Legally a cake.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by eggmayo
Legally a cake.

Can you Illegally be a cake?

NyC-gUrL
laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.