Street Tourney: General Discussion Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DigiMark007
Not much will happen on this thread right now. A lot will be PM's and such. This will also eventually become the "General Tourney Discussion Thread" to keep random questions and comments out of the battles.

Here's what I need...

1. A name for your amalgam. PM it to me or announce it if you don't care who knows (i.e. "Deathlok the Venomous" might want to PM).

2. Equipment - Many of you I have talked to, and I'll try to PM as many of you as possible. But you can also PM me with what you think should be your amalgam's equipment. Only stuff that the characters regularly have. Wolverine, for example, would get nothing....just himself.

3. Body - Everything transfers to your amalgam except for appearence, strength, and durability. You have to choose a body for this. So if you have Spider-Man and U.S. Agent for example...you can't add strength and durability. SM's agility, spider-sense, etc. transfers regardless, as does both picks' fighting ability and other powers...but you'd have to choose between them (Spidey would make the logical choice here since he's Class 15 as opposed to USAgent's Class 10).

4. I'll also be PM'ing you with "Character Notes" that say things like "Spider-Woman III does not have her ability to fly." and similar stuff to nail down exactly what powers each amalgam has. If you have problems with what I suggest, please let me know.

5. Last day to switch characters is Friday. Unless a pick is subsequently banned, all picks are final starting Saturday.

6. Battles start Sunday. Scoob/JP and Dizzle/Sentry will be up first.

7. Participants (everyone) must vote in at least 3 first round matches besides their own or they will lose a vote in round 2 (provided they win your first match). Everyone should want to vote in all the matches anyway, but this is just extra incentive.

...I won't have a ton of time tonight...but I'll get to you all eventually. If there are further announcements or issues to be discussed, I'll post them here.

-DM

Hulk Power
Cool.....so what's this about? I don't get it.....

Dizzle
This is the post drafting, pre fighting thread. It's also gonna be for random tourney questions...

It's basically for fully defining the limits of each character, so no one tries to cheat and go overboard with some hidden tactic. A well as getting names set.

Hulk Power
So what does that mean? I don't get any of this because I've never been in any tourney....

Dizzle
Originally posted by Hulk Power
So what does that mean? I don't get any of this because I've never been in any tourney....

Everyone has drafted the 3 characters of their amalgams. This thread is here to make sure that Digi knows everyone's approximate power levels before the fights start, to ensure fairness and whatnot. After this, the fights are going to start, and this will become a thread for general questions about the tournament.

The names are in this thread becasue you kind of need all 3 parts of the amalgam to properly name him.

Hulk Power
Oh alright. I think I get it. confused

DigiMark007
To HP: We had drafts (within certain character limits). In about a week fights will start and we'll have a 16-man tourney to determine a winner. We have 16 participating already but you're free to watch and vote in the matches if you want.

Hulk Power
Alright. Thanks for the heads up.

DigiMark007
I'm doing the character notes now before a lot of people have names for their amalgams...so the the whole name thing kinda wasn't needed like I thought it would be. I still like the idea though since it gives the amalgams more of an identity, so I'm glad I made it a rule.

long pig
Maybe we should wait until the everyone stop changing their picks before we tell our names/bodything stuff?

long pig
Question:
Can we add layers of protection over our characters?

Say if I have Black Panther and someone else with body armor, can I overlap the armor to make myself more durable?

Nataku8188
Originally posted by long pig
Question:
Can we add layers of protection over our characters?

Say if I have Black Panther and someone else with body armor, can I overlap the armor to make myself more durable?

I'd say it'd probably make it harder to move, unless you have like the predator's armor, which is just external plates, which could sit right ontop of the stuff BP wears. Whereas mixing BP's armor with Azrael's armor would make an extra thick, extra hard to move in, armor.

Funny how they all wear spandex, but call it 'armor'. Damn you Batman!

I dub this the Power Rangers Phenomena.

Scoobless
i actually considered drafting the red ranger.... but i couldn't find a decent bio on him

embarrasment

DigiMark007
Yeah you can overlap armor if you want...but I honestly don't think anyone's in that situation.

I won't be announcing anything. Name, body, specs, etc. won't be posted until the battles. If you want to announce your own name and bio and stuff you're welcome to.

{Edit} haha...Red Ranger... laughing out loud

Scoobless
what?.... he had a laser pistol and a cool sword that turned into a laser cannon.... plus everytime there was an explosion he would do a backflip, rub his chest, then swing his arms around wildly while telling everyone to grab their weapons.... then it was only a matter of firing without aiming... occasionally the intended victim would survive and grow to gargantuan proportions... then he would simply shout on his pet dinobot Grimlock, transform it and stab the bad guy with a giant dino-sword.... it would blow up, he'd turn around, swing the sword about wildly .... then pose for as long as was needed to make sure the baddie didn't get up again..... i'm pretty sure he's undefeated

big grin

Laminator_X
Does the Dinobot Grimlock mean that the Rangers occupt the same world as the Transformers and GI-Joe? The marksmanship seems about constant.

Laminator_X
A question that occurs to me is how much info about their opponents will the Amalgams have entering each battle? Just the characters' personal knoweledge? Their reputations? A one paragraph brief? Nothing at all? Will they be aware of the other bouts in the tournament as the rounds advance?

I'm not backing any of the above options, I'm just wondering from a strategy standpoint.

DigiMark007
Well, you'll be aware of the battles, but not your amalgam.

Amalgams will be newly formed but will have the experiences and minds of all 3. You'll retain experience from your battles, but will go back to 100% after each fight.

You'll get the links for your opponent as well as the character notes which will describe limits and banned powers.

Also, Cassidy has been replaced with Bloodscream

http://www.answers.com/topic/bloodscream

Decapitation will still count as a win, even though it technically wouldn't kill Bloodscream.

Sentry
Hey Digi, can you post a list of everyone that's been picked. I would have gone looking for it myself, but the search function has been disabled.

So can you? Please smile

Khellendros
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Well, you'll be aware of the battles, but not your amalgam.

Amalgams will be newly formed but will have the experiences and minds of all 3. You'll retain experience from your battles, but will go back to 100% after each fight.

You'll get the links for your opponent as well as the character notes which will describe limits and banned powers.

Also, Cassidy has been replaced with Bloodscream

http://www.answers.com/topic/bloodscream

Decapitation will still count as a win, even though it technically wouldn't kill Bloodscream.
So, is the "make someone bleed by touching them" thing okay?

EDIT: nevermind, it doesn't work against mutants. A ton of us probably have one of those in our amalgam.

Laminator_X

Just to be clear, do the Amalgams gain this knowledge, or are they fighting blind?
I wasn't sure if the "You" pronoun applied just to us players or to our creations as well? To choose an out of bounds example, it could make a big difference in tactics if an opponent knows weather Martian Manhunter is afraid of fire or not.

DigiMark007

DigiMark007
Your amalgams will be going into the fights blind. For your benefit (the human being controlling the amalgam) the list of limitations and banned powers will be listed so that you can call someone on it if they try to step over the bounds. The amalgams will be fighting blindly however, and will not know powers until they see them in the battle.

jinzin
I dubbing my amalgam.........................

THE BIG KAHUNA! evil face

eat that....or if that gets totedious you guys can just call him TBK.

DigiMark007
I've gotten in touch with nearly all of you (via PMs). If we are still ironing out equipment and names and such when the fights start, that's fine. Dizzle, Sentry, and Scoob are ready to go for Round 1, and JP just needs to get back to me with a few specs...so week 1 of battles should be good to go.

Sunday I'll post them...probably around noon, but I'm not 100% on that. They'll be up for a week, so there's no big hurry.

K Von Doom
It looks like two people picked Darkhawk.

jinzin
could be old school and new school versions...

DigiMark007
no sorry, just 1 DH

Nataku8188
TBK is no match for Hypno-picard.

OBEY OBEY OBEY

Vote 5/5

Make it so!

jinzin
Originally posted by Nataku8188
TBK is no match for Hypno-picard.

OBEY OBEY OBEY

Vote 5/5

Make it so!

that shiiii won't even work on THE BIG KAHUNA...not even a chance....he's atrificially empowered by JP...you can't beat that...you all might as well give up right now.

Scoobless
Originally posted by jinzin
that shiiii won't even work on THE BIG KAHUNA...not even a chance....he's atrificially empowered by JP...you can't beat that...you all might as well give up right now.

pffft... your artificial power source is going to be destroyed in the first round.... who you gonna cry to then? huh?

evil face

Laminator_X
Damn! I should've drafted FBJP for my amalgam, he seems to be unstoppable. smile

jinzin
Originally posted by Laminator_X
Damn! I should've drafted FBJP for my amalgam, he seems to be unstoppable. smile

seems? SEEMS? SEEMS?!?!? JP is victory incarnate..the only one to EVER challenge him straight up was ...........i'm almost afraid to utter the horror that is....

...........HULK KILLER HUMANOID....and you better believe that...

jinzin
Originally posted by Scoobless
pffft... your artificial power source is going to be destroyed in the first round.... who you gonna cry to then? huh?

evil face

I TOLD YOU BEFORE NO ONE TALKS ABOUT THE MASTER LIKE THAT! mad (*jumpkicks scoobs in the head and runs away before the mods show up*)

newjak86
seems? SEEMS? SEEMS?!?!? JP is victory incarnate..the only one to EVER challenge him straight up was ...........i'm almost afraid to utter the horror that is....

...........HULK KILLER HUMANOID....and you better believe that... I have already defeated your lord JP in battle in fact his herald colossus 17 was there to witness it first hand.

jinzin
NO YOU HAVE NOT! LIAR! HE LIES! DESTROY THE NON-BELIEVER!

newjak86
NO YOU HAVE NOT! LIAR! HE LIES! DESTROY THE NON-BELIEVER! Ask Colossus 17 he shall teel you ask any of my children in the BS comic world Newjak is beyond anything even the power Fanboy if you like I sahll tell you the tale of how I beat JP.

jinzin
jP RULES THE BSU OWNS IT I SAY...you're delusional...

newjak86
jP RULES THE BSU OWNS IT I SAY...you're delusional... It's in two comics because they have only battled twice.
Once in Newjak issue one "Newjak Appears"
With a wave of my hand I sent lord JP from reality. From there JP went and trained with Master Dan more. He then reached his full power and merged his with the power fanboy for a breif time.
After that he found the legendary BS Sword that can cut anything.
He then returned to challenge me.
We fought more a mortal what would have been eons but in at our level where time has no meaning the fight lasted all of 3 seconds.
At the end JP lay limp at my feet the sword prtruding from my chest. I removed the sword and was about to completely destryo JP when my child colossus 17 came to save his Master. He begged for his life so I spared JP for my son but banished to a realm I made for him.
He is only allowed to leave it as a weak mortal with no powers but only breifly. which happened in BS comic Crossover "Final Battle"

jinzin
I'm talking about actual BS issues my friend, not those comics you draw for your mamma to hang on the fridge

newjak86
I'm talking about actual BS issues my friend, not those comics you draw for your mamma to hang on the fridge They are actual issues ask anyone on here everyone knows that the in the BSU Newjak is tops Then comes JP then the power Fanboy then my children.

jinzin
Originally posted by newjak86
They are actual issues ask anyone on here everyone knows that the in the BSU Newjak is tops Then comes JP then the power Fanboy then my children.

again...you're delusional...I bet you can't even suplly scans can you....

can you?

newjak86

can you? I can't believe you call yourself a fan of JP and don't have his two biggest battles. Weak are you man in collecting pick up and read them yourself I don't want to spoil to much for you as you see your beloved master beaten soundly both times.

Dizzle

can you?

I'm pretty sure Godly powers on the level of JP and Newjak are beyond comic pages. They are omniversal forces which remain as a fragment of the TRULY awesome power that is... The Batkick.

GS's Phoenix has taken it's rightful place as the pinky toe... HKH, Kirbilactus, and a Presence/TOAA amalgam provide the middle 3 toes. Newjak and JP constantly struggle for supremacy of the big toe.

Each toe possesses enough power on it's own to blink omniverses from existance... True Form Batman is beyond even these concepts. He IS the embodiment of the Multiomniverse. Nothing may stand before him, he is the one and only true source of all power.

Go Batman.

(for all you may-sayers, JP defeated one of Batman's infinite avatars, which merely reside in the gap between multi and omniversal power. Quite a feat, yes, but nothing to the full embodiment of the vastly huge Multiomniverse)

jinzin
I can't believe you call yourself a fan of JP and don't have his two biggest battles. Weak are you man in collecting pick up and read them yourself I don't want to spoil to much for you as you see your beloved master beaten soundly both times.

i'm not a fan of jp...I'm THEEEEEEEE JP fan! and I have every issue from his first appearance to his most recent issue...EVERY APPEARANCE... so either this issue you speak of is some third rate knock-off bootleg or a drawing you made for the fridge...

p.s. have you seen my rendition of JP? and titannus in marvel team up number 10?...to me he looks lik a jp ripoff....

jinzin
Originally posted by Dizzle
I'm pretty sure Godly powers on the level of JP and Newjak are beyond comic pages. They are omniversal forces which remain as a fragment of the TRULY awesome power that is... The Batkick.

GS's Phoenix has taken it's rightful place as the pinky toe... HKH, Kirbilactus, and a Presence/TOAA amalgam provide the middle 3 toes. Newjak and JP constantly struggle for supremacy of the big toe.

Each toe possesses enough power on it's own to blink omniverses from existance... True Form Batman is beyond even these concepts. He IS the embodiment of the Multiomniverse. Nothing may stand before him, he is the one and only true source of all power.

Go Batman.

(for all you may-sayers, JP defeated one of Batman's infinite avatars, which merely reside in the gap between multi and omniversal power. Quite a feat, yes, but nothing to the full embodiment of the vastly huge Multiomniverse)

quoted for truth...

Laminator_X
Laminator_X's only BSU appearances were in the now defunct Publish Enemy title, where he appeared alongside team leader Ink_D and his sidekick, Binder_Flave. Together, they brought the truth to the people by any means necessary.

(And whirly thought it was an X-Men reference)

jinzin
Originally posted by Laminator_X
Laminator_X's only BSU appearances were in the now defunct Publish Enemy title, where he appeared alongside team leader Ink_D and his sidekick, Binder_Flave. Together, they brought the truth to the people by any means necessary.

(And whirly thought it was an X-Men reference)

he thinks a lot of things...

jinzin
man the only time jinzin appeared in bs title....he fought the army of evil penguins who were backed by the evil trees...when even he and his cyber ninjas were no match for the oncoming threat he traveled via JP's help accross universes to bring back an unstopable team of epic proportions...Jinzin, godzilla, dracula, mr t., and blade. Together they defeated the global threat in a steller battle that raged accross the demensional plain...victorious jinzin did many flips and jump kicks of joy and after an impressive display of agility was..........

.........soundly hit by a bus....he's been in traction ever since.

Laminator_X
Don't worry man, I read on Newsarama that Bendis is planning on bringing you and Mr. T back when he takes over the book.

jinzin
whew...I KNOW I can count on him for use some good writing on me....

Nataku8188
I swear to god, if you guys don't shut the hell up I'm going to hunt you down and destroy you all.

jinzin
I swear to god, if you guys don't shut the hell up I'm going to hunt you down and destroy you all.

I seem to recall you trying this before...with penguins.....and then I- oh wait...that wasn't you...nevermind..

DigiMark007
Terry McGinnis (from Batman Beyond) has been chosen.

No link yet...pick is pending based on the link, but will be allowed when it comes.

He seems like a dude in a suit that can amp his strenght and agility and stuff...plus some Batman-esque gadgets and whatnot. Nothing too objectionable.

jinzin

No link yet...pick is pending based on the link, but will be allowed when it comes.

He seems like a dude in a suit that can amp his strenght and agility and stuff...plus some Batman-esque gadgets and whatnot. Nothing too objectionable.

nope not at all...well he can fly...so nix that right?

Khellendros

laughing out loud
Man's got a massive resistance to electricity too. I swear, every friggin
episode he was getting electrocuted.

jinzin
Originally posted by Khellendros
laughing out loud
Man's got a massive resistance to electricity too. I swear, every friggin
episode he was getting electrocuted.

laughing out loud true dat!

DigiMark007
Yeah nix flight.

Banshee has been switched for Terry Bogard (some video game series)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Bogard

Only limitation is no "Power Geyser" move...Power Wave is ok though.

Laminator_X
Awesome!

DigiMark007
I think I might have a problem with this girl, but I wanted to get peoples' opinions. Songbird

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/s/songbird.htm

Seems like a GL with her voice...but maybe she's not nearly that powerful. Nothing official yet, but if she's acceptable she'll be getting switched in for someone.

Khellendros
I think I might have a problem with this girl, but I wanted to get peoples' opinions. Songbird

Seems like a GL with her voice...but maybe she's not nearly that powerful. Nothing official yet, but if she's acceptable she'll be getting switched in for someone.
I... don't read much Thunderbolts, but she seems a bit too strong. I dunno, maybe not.

Laminator_X
I think her sound constructs are effectively telekinesis. I know that's not exactly what they are, but the effect is the same. She'd be fine as Screaming Mimi, but with her Songbird gear Melissa breaks the "No TK" rule.

Scoobless

i think she's too powerful.... she held up the entire UN building by herself

Laminator_X
In fairness, that wasn't a normal freat for her. That put her in the hospital. Just the same, she can make a giant hand pick you up and grab you, or close you up in a ball that most folks in this power bracket couldn't escape.

Scoobless
it would be like allowing Klaw... or a Green Lantern but saying they can't fly... or even the Invisible Woman

stormfront13
she's very impossible, if you speazk she can turn that sound into energy and shve it down your throat and stuff. she gave the new moonstone a lot of trouble and probably would have beaten her if of...wait i can't remember the rest, but I think someone interfiered with her attack.

DigiMark007
Link for Terry McGinnis. If it just plunks you into the batman beyond homepage he's in teh heroes and villians section.

http://www.batmanbeyond.com/FLASH/index.html

Flight is banned...the rest of him should be fine.

Sentry
I don't care who knows my character or not, I'll crush them. I'm gonna post my characters combined stats and name on this thread in a second. I left a single clue to who my third character is on there in that little bio.

Sentry
Name: IRON EAGLE

Height: 6 ft.
Weight: 200 lbs.
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black

Powers:

Plunging his fists into the molten heart of Shou-Lao the Undying gave Eagle the power of the Iron Fist, allowing him to focus his chi and enhance his natural abilities to extraordinary levels. His speed, reflexes and senses can all be intensified, making his already formidable martial arts skills even more so. The ultimate expression of this focus is the ability to concentrate his body's natural energies into his hand, manifesting as a supernatural glow around his clenched fist. So concentrated, this "iron fist" can smash into its target with superhuman hardness and impact. However, the feat of summoning the power required leaves Eagle physically and mentally drained, and after a few uses, he would be unable to repeat it for awhile.

Other applications of the Iron Fist power include the ability to focus the energy inward to heal himself or outward to heal others of injury, as well as being able to telepathically meld with another person's mind. Even without the Iron Fist, Eagle is an accomplished martial artist, incredibly tough and durable, and is easily one of the most skilled practitioners of unarmed combat in the Marvel/Snk Universe.

He can lift up to 15 tons under optimal conditions. He can normally run at speeds at 65 MPH, but with his chi amping his natural born abilities, Eagle can run up to a 100 MPH.

Eagle's sensory organs have also been fortified. Like his namesake, the eagle, he has keen eyesight and is able to see 800 feet what the average human being sees at 20 feet. His senses of smell,taste, and hearing are approximately three times as those of a human being. All of these can be amplified by his chi.

Weapons: Iron Eagle carries a crossbow which fires specially designed bolts. He has a bolt to which a line of braided fiberglass is connected, enabling him to swing from overhead objects or to climb its length. He also has specially blunted bolts in order to stun an opponent at a distance.

K Von Doom
Good one Sentry thumb up

Dizzle
Originally posted by Sentry

Powers:

Plunging his fists into the molten heart of Shou-Lao the Undying gave Eagle the power of the Iron Fist, allowing him to focus his chi and enhance his natural abilities to extraordinary levels. His speed, reflexes and senses can all be intensified, making his already formidable martial arts skills even more so. The ultimate expression of this focus is the ability to concentrate his body's natural energies into his hand, manifesting as a supernatural glow around his clenched fist. So concentrated, this "iron fist" can smash into its target with superhuman hardness and impact. However, the feat of summoning the power required leaves Eagle physically and mentally drained, and after a few uses, he would be unable to repeat it for awhile.

Other applications of the Iron Fist power include the ability to focus the energy inward to heal himself or outward to heal others of injury, as well as being able to telepathically meld with another person's mind. Even without the Iron Fist, Eagle is an accomplished martial artist, incredibly tough and durable, and is easily one of the most skilled practitioners of unarmed combat in the Marvel/Snk Universe.

He can lift up to 15 tons under optimal conditions. He can normally run at speeds at 65 MPH, but with his chi amping his natural born abilities, Eagle can run up to a 100 MPH.

Eagle's sensory organs have also been fortified. Like his namesake, the eagle, he has keen eyesight and is able to see 800 feet what the average human being sees at 20 feet. His senses of smell,taste, and hearing are approximately three times as those of a human being. All of these can be amplified by his chi.

Weapons: Iron Eagle carries a crossbow which fires specially designed bolts. He has a bolt to which a line of braided fiberglass is connected, enabling him to swing from overhead objects or to climb its length. He also has specially blunted bolts in order to stun an opponent at a distance.

Sweet relief... I was worried you'd have a GOOD amalgam. wink And that hint to the 3rd guy was kind of obvious. Are chi abilities allowed to stack on each other? Hmm... I'm assuming it's what you were going for, as two guys who are primarily used for fighting skills seems a bit repetetive.

I'd post my guy, but the surprise element is simply too much fun. And even posting a name makes all 3 pretty obvious.

K Von Doom
I'm not sure if Chi can give you added 35mph on running speed. Can Ironfist do that?

Sentry
Sweet relief... I was worried you'd have a GOOD amalgam. wink And that hint to the 3rd guy was kind of obvious. Are chi abilities allowed to stack on each other? Hmm... I'm assuming it's what you were going for, as two guys who are primarily used for fighting skills seems a bit repetetive.

I'd post my guy, but the surprise element is simply too much fun. And even posting a name makes all 3 pretty obvious.

Speed and fighting skills will be my key. An Hawekeye'esque projectile once in while and a ton of chi for natural healings and beatings. big grin

I don't care if everyone knows my character. Were gonna find it out anyway.

Sentry
Originally posted by K Von Doom
I'm not sure if Chi can give you added 35mph on running speed. Can Ironfist do that?

Not Rand's Chi, but Terry and Rand's. Both are chi powerhouses. Terry's moves are blinding to most human eyes since he moves so fast. Ask his brother Andy who is supposedly faster than Terry.

Dizzle
Speed and fighting skills will be my key. An Hawekeye'esque projectile once in while and a ton of chi for natural healings and beatings. big grin

I don't care if everyone knows my character. Were gonna find it out anyway.

Grr... I'm to the point where I know it really doesn't matter at all if I post mine. I definitely don't wanna start debating this beforehand, but I feel kind of sleazy knowing your character before you know mine.

I'll post it, gimme a sec.

Sentry
Grr... I'm to the point where I know it really doesn't matter at all if I post mine. I definitely don't wanna start debating this beforehand, but I feel kind of sleazy knowing your character before you know mine.

I'll post it, gimme a sec.

Way to go Dizzle. We can kinda start pre-debating! Although don't cry when you lose. stick out tongue

K Von Doom
I'd post mine but one of my chars are still pending... lol... Go Hydroman!!

Dizzle
God Emperor Shaiclops Nachez'baernon (hehe, long names kick ass)

Too many varied backgrounds for any kind of cohesive story...

POWERS: Fires bursts of concussive force from his eyes. Super strength to the amount of 5 tons. Super speed and durability. He also possesses amazing blade skills, favoring twin scimitars. He has the innate power to summon harmless faerie fire and globes of impenetrable darkness. (NOTHING can see through it. It even blocks infravision...) And of course, he has prescience. It isn't nearly as powerful as it was during the spice trance, but the God Emperor already has a good idea of the powers of whomever he faces, and can literally see general battle tactics before the fight even starts.

Equipment: Twinkle- Enchanted elven scimitar. Glows blue. It is magically enchanted for balance, sharpness, unbreakability, etc.

Icingdeath- Another scimitar. It's edge is diamond, and it is enchanted for sharpness, unbreakability, etc. It also protects Shaiclops from any sort of fire.

Visor- Allows Shaiclops to regulate his optic blasts.

Speed bracers- Shaiclops wears speed enhancing bracers on his ankles. His already impressive running speed is amplified several times.

Mithril Chainmail- Very strong, yet lightweight and flexible, chainmail. Adds to Shaiclops's already tough hide without sacrificing speed or agility.

Dizzle
Way to go Dizzle. We can kinda start pre-debating! Although don't cry when you lose. stick out tongue

Bring it Sentry. I'm not going to pre debate, I'm saving it all for Sunday. You can forfeit just from seeing my general stats though...

Oh, and KVD, NO HYDROMAN FOR YOU!

Sentry
God Emperor Shaiclops Nachez'baernon (hehe, long names kick ass)

Too many varied backgrounds for any kind of cohesive story...

POWERS: Fires bursts of concussive force from his eyes. Super strength to the amount of 5 tons. Super speed and durability. He also possesses amazing blade skills, favoring twin scimitars. He has the innate power to summon harmless faerie fire and globes of impenetrable darkness. (NOTHING can see through it. It even blocks infravision...) And of course, he has prescience. It isn't nearly as powerful as it was during the spice trance, but the God Emperor already has a good idea of the powers of whomever he faces, and can literally see general battle tactics before the fight even starts.

Equipment: Twinkle- Enchanted elven scimitar. Glows blue. It is magically enchanted for balance, sharpness, unbreakability, etc.

Icingdeath- Another scimitar. It's edge is diamond, and it is enchanted for sharpness, unbreakability, etc. It also protects Shaiclops from any sort of fire.

Visor- Allows Shaiclops to regulate his optic blasts.

Speed bracers- Shaiclops wears speed enhancing bracers on his ankles. His already impressive running speed is amplified several times.

Mithril Chainmail- Very strong, yet lightweight and flexible, chainmail. Adds to Shaiclops's already tough hide without sacrificing speed or agility.

I knew you chose Drizzt Do'Urden. It had to be you. Your sig gave it away. Good picks.

Sentry
Ooops, let me post my special techniques along with my bio.

Powers:

K Von Doom
Oh, and KVD, NO HYDROMAN FOR YOU!

Oh, you'll be surprised. You'll ALL be surprised! eek!

Khellendros
Oh, you'll be surprised. You'll ALL be surprised! eek!
Ohhh hell. Well, I'm definitely against Songbird now. Combine her with another screamer and... yeah thats just bad, I'd put that kind of power above Cyclops.

K Von Doom
Hmm... i was just joking guys roll eyes (sarcastic)

Khellendros
Hmm... i was just joking guys roll eyes (sarcastic)
Uh huh.

newjak86
I almost want to post my guy but I don't know.
Maybe I will and then you guys shall run scared from him knowing just how screwed you guys are.

Scoobless
i'm not posting mine yet..... not that it'll matter against a Shang Chi + Bruce Lee + Lui Kang amalgam.... lol

laughing out loud

DigiMark007
Posting bios, eh? Cocky bastards...hehe.

Actually, you'd all be surprised who I think has the best amalgam. But as far as individual matches, I do think Sentry/Dizzle will be a premiere match-up, if only because of the smack-talking.

Might have a switch still to make, but I'm about 90% ready to go on all the matches. A few have to get back tome about amalgam specs, but no one who's set to fight in week 1.

This thread is going to be re-named...it'll just become the general discussion thread. Ask questions and make comments here rather than in the battles themselves.

Nataku8188
The only people they should have cause to fear are the finalists from the last tournament, and the guy who won, yet let the loser take his place out of sympathy for the rest of the fighters, who had no chance to contend with his ultimateness.

newjak86
I have but one word for you guys Mauler that is the name of my guy and the last one you will hear in this tournement being called out.

Laminator_X
My dude, Pred-spid-ark, is the coolest, dudes.
(If you have to wonder if I'm making fun of your picks, then I probably am)

But seriously, (and I was joking above) I'm having fun looking at the list of all the picks and imagining all the different amalgams that could be put together. (FOR ME TO DESTROY!!!) We should have some sort of crazy random amalgamation round if we need a tiebreaker or something. With my luck I'd get Liu Kang, Ryu, and Iron Fist; while my opponent got Venom, Darth Maul, and Leto II.

What would be hilarious is if we get a round with Spiderman-Ryu-Groo vs. Scarlet Spider-Liu Kang-Drizzt. I'm also amazed that niether Batman nor Captain America were chosen. (pause for thought, nah) We've got some cool plays here.

Dizzle
I knew you chose Drizzt Do'Urden. It had to be you. Your sig gave it away. Good picks.

I admitted to it in the 2nd draft... And yeah, the sig makes it a bit obvious.

I have an additional item to add:

Gold Star of the Digi #2- Star made of an unknown golden metal. Provides an extra layer to the aura of badass that already surrounds Shaiclops.

And Sentry, you have quite a combination yourself... The Terry Bogard/Iron Fist combo seems a bit redundant, but there's probably something I'm missing. It's promising to be quite a fight. And not knowing any of the other amalgams, I have no idea whose would be the best. I severely doubt that it's mine, but what the hey. You never know.

Laminator_X
If I could pick an Ultimate Amalgam out of this bunch (apart from mine, of course) I'd go with Deathstroke-Scorpion-Leto II.

K Von Doom
Someone should have picked Darkclaw big grin

long pig
When are the picks final?

newjak86
When are the picks final? They were final as of friday.
Oh and trust me guys I have a combo from hell on my hands.

long pig
Oh, cool.

Are we keeping our picks secret now still?

long pig
**** it.
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/1285/ggg2fd.png

Dr.Maxwell Shocktopus, a.k.a "That dude who just owned me."

I'll make a bio real quick.

Khellendros
**** it.

Dr.Maxwell Shocktopus, a.k.a "That dude who just owned me."

I'll make a bio real quick.

laughing laughing laughing
Holy sh*t that's awesome. Nifty combo Scoob.

newjak86
QAlmost everyone is giving away their picks should I follow I don't know maybe if Khell does then I will.

Khellendros
Damnit, I called Long Scoob... I need some bloody sleep

QAlmost everyone is giving away their picks should I follow I don't know maybe if Khell does then I will.
I'm tempted, but I'm gonna wait and see if I can think up a better name than the craptastic one I PMed Digi with.

newjak86
Originally posted by Khellendros
Damnit, I called Long Scoob... I need some bloody sleep

I'm tempted, but I'm gonna wait and see if I can think up a better name than the craptastic one I PMed Digi with. I like mine Mauler simple and to the point of what I want to do.

long pig

long pig
Go ahead and throw your picks out, it's pretty fun. Now we get to hype our characters.

newjak86
Very well a quick hint at my guy.
Wearing a green suit that gives him enhanced strength speed and agility. Mauler also possess a very powerful mind that can come up with multiple strategies in very short times. He also has over a thousand hunts worth of knowledge.

long pig
Wearing a green suit that gives him enhanced strength speed and agility. Mauler also possess a very powerful mind that can come up with multiple strategies in very short times. He also has over a thousand hunts worth of knowledge.
stick out tongue

I gotta figure a better name for mine too.

How about just "The Doc" ?

newjak86
stick out tongue

I gotta figure a better name for mine too.

How about just "The Doc" ? The Doc sounds good I like mine though Mauler yep sounds good.

Scoobless
should i give anything away yet?.... hmmmmmm

Nataku8188

I wish I was fighting you in the first round. I've got scans to show just how bad I'd kick your amalgam's ass....

newjak86
I wish I was fighting you in the first round. I've got scans to show just how bad I'd kick your amalgam's ass.... How bad you think you could don't you mean do you even know who I have have if so then tell me.

Nataku8188
Let's put it this way, if you have the characters I'm assuming you do, I've got showings of my guys trumping yours.

newjak86
Let's put it this way, if you have the characters I'm assuming you do, I've got showings of my guys trumping yours. Yes but how would they work with people combined hmmm I bet that would change the game.
By the way I'll say it Deathstroke Scorpion Predator(?)

Nataku8188
That's what I was assuming

DigiMark007
Spider-Man 2099 has been switched in for Warblade.

I realize it's Saturday, and Friday was the last day to switch...but the PM came yesterday and I'm just getting to it now.

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/7589/spi2099.html

DigiMark007
Hmmm...there's trickery afoot.

Three people have been switched, but for reasons of secrecy I have been asked not to announce whom they have been switched for. If this were earlier I'd have to, but since the switching date is past I see no problem with it.

Unicorn
http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/u/unicorn.htm

Thunderbolt
(link didn't work...I'll see about that)

Shatterstar
http://uncannyxmen.net/db/characters/showquestion.asp?fldAuto=942

Unicorn might have some durability issues, but a dozen times tougher than normal skin still isn't anywhere near Cage (I think). Not sure about Thunderbolt but only because I don't have the link.

DigiMark007
http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/t/thunderbolt.htm

Thunderbolt link

Sentry
Unicorn's bullet proof? Everyone here has armor or skin that can probably withstand bullets. Doesn't matter I'll crush him. big grin

Scoobless
Hmmm...there's trickery afoot.

Three people have been switched, but for reasons of secrecy I have been asked not to announce whom they have been switched for. If this were earlier I'd have to, but since the switching date is past I see no problem with it.

ok...... what's going on? i thought the drafts and switches were over? and what's the deal with the secrecy thing? we should know who's been switched out

Scoobless
whoa... hold on a sec.....

"Known Superhuman Powers: The Unicorn is superhumanly strong and his body's soft tissues are dozens of times tougher than normal. His body can repel .50 caliber machine gun fire, withstand open flame to 900 degrees Fahrenheit, and resist Iron Man's repulsor rays at maximum blast at a distance of 20 feet."

Iron Man's repulsors at maximum can cut through a tank pretty easily

Sentry
whoa... hold on a sec.....

"Known Superhuman Powers: The Unicorn is superhumanly strong and his body's soft tissues are dozens of times tougher than normal. His body can repel .50 caliber machine gun fire, withstand open flame to 900 degrees Fahrenheit, and resist Iron Man's repulsor rays at maximum blast at a distance of 20 feet."

Iron Man's repulsors at maximum can cut through a tank pretty easily

Iron Fist survived a blast from a repulsor ray while nearly cracking through Iron Man's armor, but He was knocked out. IM's repulsor's are sometimes written inconsistently. But I know what you mean. He's still probably only bullet proof, a few good knocks from my Amaglam, or slices from an adamantium/Vibranium blade should get through his tough hide.

DigiMark007
I can make a limit for it if you like (the skin toughness) so that it's not over the limit.

And the switch came yesterday (Friday)...I just didn't get to it until today.

In all fairness I should say who they were switched for. I was asked to keep it a secret, but I probably should have said no.

They were switched in for American Eagle, Terry Bogard, and Iron Fist. Sorry Sentry. Have to be fair.

Scoobless
lol.... you didn't have to say one of them was Sentry's

laughing out loud

wait.... were they ALL Sentry's? embarrasment

DigiMark007
Sentry posted his guy's bio earlier...I thought it would be obvious. I mean, his guy's name was Iron Eagle.

...hehe...

DigiMark007
OK, enough with that.

Announcements...

1. Fights start tomorrow. Probably around noon, give or take a couple hours. Scoob/JP and Sentry/Dizzle are up.

2. Every participant has to vote in at least 3 first round matches (besides their own). Failure to do so will result in a loss of a vote in round 2. This shouldn't be a big deal...you should all want to vote anyway, but this is just added incentive.

3. Pick-switching ended yesterday (Friday) so don't try to PM me with last second switches. A few posted today were from PM's sent to me yesterday, but all switches have been made.

4. Questions, comments, and general tourney bs will take place here. I'll be re-nameing it soon.

Scoobless
let the smack talking commence

i'm about to turn a bunch of JP worshippers into atheists

beeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaatch!

eek!

evil face

Happy Dance

Nataku8188
That's like bragging about kicking the shit out of a kid with no arms or legs. Way to go *******.

Scoobless
That's like bragging about kicking the shit out of a kid with no arms or legs. Way to go *******.

my second favourite hobby

big grin

Nataku8188
my second favourite hobby

big grin

Et tu Bruno?

Sentry
Dizzle's going down......

Down to funky town!!!!

I will be dancing on your amaglam's tombstone!!!

band

dance

Fo Shizzle Dizzle's Amaglam... rip

long pig
Seriously, you guys are ****ing screwed.

There is a Dr. in the house, and he's gonna kick yo' ass!!!

Nataku8188
He has too many extremities, it's very disturbing.

long pig
Never too many extremities.

Nataku8188
Someone sure likes their japanese animation.

jinzin
well...I'll admit that's a pretty intimidating amalgam...I'm not as confident anymore...

Whirlysplatt
Seriously, you guys are ****ing screwed.

There is a Dr. in the house, and he's gonna kick yo' ass!!!
its awesome smile

Sentry
Thunderstar

Height: 6 ft. 2 in.
Weight: 220 lbs.
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Red

Strength Level: Thunderstar possesses superhuman strength and can lift (press) 15 tons.

Known Superhuman Powers: The Unicorn is superhumanly strong and his body's soft tissues are dozens of times tougher than normal. His body can repel .50 caliber machine gun fire, withstand open flame to 900 degrees Fahrenheit. Thunderstar also possessed the superhuman ability to move and run at speeds greater than those a normal human being could achieve. Although he was not as fast as the mutant Quicksilver, Thunderstar could still attain speeds of up to 85 miles per hour.

Abilities: His mutant abilities add to his already tough and super fast body by adding speed, agility, endurance, reflexes, and senses, personal regeneration, he also has the mutant ability to convert sonic frequencies into a vibratory shock wave that he channels through his weapons. Thunderstar has been trained in hand-to-hand combat, is proficient with numerous types of weaponry, and is skilled in the arts of espionage. Thunderstar has also had extensive training in many forms of the martial arts of Mojoworld; in particular, he is a master swordsman, and an excellent marksman and is proficient in throwing daggers, shurikens and throwing blades

Weapons: In addition to his body armor composed of alien materials from Mojoworld and principal weapons are two 2 1/2-foot single-edged swords with spiked hand guards, throwing daggers, shurikens and throwing blades. Thunderstar wears headgear equipped with an energy projector that tunes to various frequency and power levels including infrared and ultraviolet lasers, microwaves, laser-path guided electron and neutron beams. The e-beam and n-beam have tremendous concussive power (on the order of 50 pounds of TNT at effective ranges of 75 feet). The power supply is a flat array of nuclear powered thermoelectric cells in Unicorn's belt which turn out about 1.2 kilowatts.

Khellendros
Thunderstar

Height: 6 ft. 2 in.
Weight: 220 lbs.
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Red

Strength Level: Thunderstar possesses superhuman strength and can lift (press) 15 tons.

Known Superhuman Powers: The Unicorn is superhumanly strong and his body's soft tissues are dozens of times tougher than normal. His body can repel .50 caliber machine gun fire, withstand open flame to 900 degrees Fahrenheit. Thunderstar also possessed the superhuman ability to move and run at speeds greater than those a normal human being could achieve. Although he was not as fast as the mutant Quicksilver, Thunderstar could still attain speeds of up to 85 miles per hour.

Abilities: His mutant abilities add to his already tough and super fast body by adding speed, agility, endurance, reflexes, and senses, personal regeneration, he also has the mutant ability to convert sonic frequencies into a vibratory shock wave that he channels through his weapons. Thunderstar has been trained in hand-to-hand combat, is proficient with numerous types of weaponry, and is skilled in the arts of espionage. Thunderstar has also had extensive training in many forms of the martial arts of Mojoworld; in particular, he is a master swordsman, and an excellent marksman and is proficient in throwing daggers, shurikens and throwing blades

Weapons: In addition to his body armor composed of alien materials from Mojoworld and principal weapons are two 2 1/2-foot single-edged swords with spiked hand guards, throwing daggers, shurikens and throwing blades. Thunderstar wears headgear equipped with an energy projector that tunes to various frequency and power levels including infrared and ultraviolet lasers, microwaves, laser-path guided electron and neutron beams. The e-beam and n-beam have tremendous concussive power (on the order of 50 pounds of TNT at effective ranges of 75 feet). The power supply is a flat array of nuclear powered thermoelectric cells in Unicorn's belt which turn out about 1.2 kilowatts.

Hmm. No offense, but I like the other guy a bit more. Mabe it's just me, but this guy seems a little less badass than the IF/Terry combo.

long pig
Yeah, I liked the other one better too. But it's ok, I'll kill either one....maybe both.

Sentry
Yeah, I liked the other one better too. But it's ok, I'll kill either one....maybe both.

Don't worry Dr. tentacle boy, if you survive your first few matches, I'll stick those tentacles where they should be. big grin

Scoobless

at the same time?

evil face

Scoobless
Don't worry Dr. tentacle boy, if you survive your first few matches, I'll stick those tentacles where they should be. big grin

you going to come up with a pic as well?

Khellendros
Here's a pic of my guy, should guarantee everyone knows at least two of my pics (all three if they've been paying attention to the pics in the links posted fore ach characters).
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v451/Flint66606/Amalgam.jpg

Scoobless
ok... i'll try and come up with a pic asap

stormfront13
isn't shaterstars sword magical? I was almost positive ity was........maybe I'm thinking of msomeone else

Sentry
My pic looks so retarded... I don't want to post it... sad

long pig
My pic looks so retarded... I don't want to post it... sad
Post it man!

Khell's looks like an possesed member of the backstreetboys.

Khellendros
Post it man!

Khell's looks like an possesed member of the backstreetboys.
laughing Hey! I work with what I find!

Scoobless
F**K IT.... here's my creation

http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/3853/scarletcyborg3blackbbbb3qv.jpg

be prepared to die b!tches

evil face

Nataku8188
I tried to make a pic of mine... but alas, there are too few sources for good imagery, and direct comic scans are way too hard to pull apart with paint.

Khellendros
Bah. Just went to the trouble of making a bio for my guy, but I can't decide if I want to post it yet or not... Decisions decisions.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>