The Thing vs Superman - with special stipulations

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armandovalles
I think Ben is highly underrated here. I mean, in the Superman/FF crossover, Ben had a great showing against Cyborg Supes, who is at least at Superman-level, but just so i dont do a repeat thread of everyone saying Ben would be dead in seconds im adding special stipulations to give Ben more of a chance. First, Superman cannot use his eye beams, speed blitz, or Ice Breath/Super Breath. Second, Superman has one hand tied behind his back by an 1rst-grade-adamantium Coil. Third, Superman cannot give Ben a ring out, such as punching or throwing him too far away from the fight to continue, and there is no using the Sun either to throw/hit Ben into. Fourth, Superman gives Ben 2 free shots to start off the fight, and Ben can use whatever he wants for those fights, such as dropping large things on him, hitting him with objects, etc. And finally, Ben gets 3 hours of prep time help with Reed while Superman gets a half-hour of prep time help with Bruce.

So can Ben pull it off?

roughrider
All these stipulations, he might as well fight Bruce. laughing out loud

Draco69
No offense, but doesn't the conditions above kinda put the Thing in a negative light rather than a positive light? I mean, for god's sake this like letting the retarded kid win the basketball game....even though he threw the ball through the window.

This doesn't help the Thing look good. If anything it makes him look terrible.

Wickerman
Originally posted by armandovalles
I think Ben is highly underrated here. I mean, in the Superman/FF crossover, Ben had a great showing against Cyborg Supes, who is at least at Superman-level, but just so i dont do a repeat thread of everyone saying Ben would be dead in seconds im adding special stipulations to give Ben more of a chance. First, Superman cannot use his eye beams, speed blitz, or Ice Breath/Super Breath. Second, Superman has one hand tied behind his back by an 1rst-grade-adamantium Coil. Third, Superman cannot give Ben a ring out, such as punching or throwing him too far away from the fight to continue, and there is no using the Sun either to throw/hit Ben into. Fourth, Superman gives Ben 2 free shots to start off the fight, and Ben can use whatever he wants for those fights, such as dropping large things on him, hitting him with objects, etc. And finally, Ben gets 3 hours of prep time help with Reed while Superman gets a half-hour of prep time help with Bruce.

So can Ben pull it off?

laughing desperation is a horrible horrible thing laughing out loud

~wickerman~

Juntai
Superman still KO's him.

K3VIL
Supes snap the fings of his free hand causing a massive sonic boom knocking down Ben, or he just knock him out with a strong punch.
Thing a low level brick guy.
This is the last chance of fanboys to see him winning against Supes.

roughrider
Could the pineapple Thing ( you remember his spiky look) with his power upgrade have a better shot? Looked close to Doomsday power.

armandovalles
He was probly more like around CM level, but not DD level.

Avalonofthewind

So can Ben pull it off?

By great showing..do you mean Ben getting a sucker punch while cyborg was weakened by Galactus tech?

Either supes or borg would smoke Grimm.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
By great showing..do you mean Ben getting a sucker punch while cyborg was weakened by Galactus tech?

Not with those stipulations eek!

laughing God....i can't swallow my drink from all this laughing laughing out loud

~wickerman~

K3VIL
Originally posted by roughrider
Could the pineapple Thing ( you remember his spiky look) with his power upgrade have a better shot? Looked close to Doomsday power.
Hell no.
He was probly more like around CM level, but not DD level.
Prove it.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Wickerman
Not with those stipulations eek!

laughing God....i can't swallow my drink from all this laughing laughing out loud

~wickerman~

True...I read it again and saw how ridiculous it really sounds.
I've never seen so many limitations in a fight... laughing

Wickerman
True...I read it again and saw how ridiculous it really sounds.
I've never seen so many limitations in a fight... laughing

My dog vs. a paraplegic dismembered disembowled Daredevil eek!

CAN THE DOG WIN????!?!?!?!?!?

laughing

~wickerman~

Scoobless
Originally posted by Draco69
for god's sake this is like letting the retarded kid win the basketball game....even though he threw the ball through the window.

lol..... very appropriate analogy

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Wickerman
My dog vs. a paraplegic dismembered disembowled Daredevil eek!

CAN THE DOG WIN????!?!?!?!?!?

laughing

~wickerman~

That wouldn't be fair, your dog has a mini rocket launcher on his back.

mad

Bardock42
Holy Shit.....I could beat Superman that way......what the ****ing hell....sorry for bringing this shit back up too embarrasment

But still...I don't think The Thing could pull it off....

Smaxxer

So can Ben pull it off?
You like a fair fight, don't you wink ?

olympian
Thing is a guy that can give a figth to the big guns.

But not win under normal conditions.

jplatinum
Superman still wins.

You messed up when you started this thread.

First you put him up against superman.

The power difference is still way too great even with all the stipulations you put on the fight.

Secondly, you gave superman a 30 minute prep with batman, hell you should have just told ben to tie himself to a tree and let superman have free shots at him.

Superman wins too, easily.

batmandaman
Originally posted by jplatinum
Superman still wins.

You messed up when you started this thread.

First you put him up against superman.

The power difference is still way too great even with all the stipulations you put on the fight.

Secondly, you gave superman a 30 minute prep with batman, hell you should have just told ben to tie himself to a tree and let superman have free shots at him.

Superman wins too, easily.

exactly.

KillAll
it would have saved you a bunch of time if you just put 1 stipulation on the fight:

1) superman cant fight back.

LGodamus
basically all you have done is give ben grimm a punching bag that he cannot hurt...great job

ZephroCarnelian
Originally posted by LGodamus
basically all you have done is give ben grimm a punching bag that he cannot hurt...great job

Love it love it love it!!! laughing

superman302
lol this is funny but seriously supes wins this, i mean the real superman took out cyborg superman with only one arm and with only one punch.

bakerboy
With those stipulations, thing would kill superman. Come on, thing is very underrated here. Ben grim has gave very hard troubles in the past to the savage hulk, silver surfer or namor. He did beat all the avengers thor, iron man and captain america included. He did beat doctor doom by himself. He is much more that some people think.

Cosmic Cube

laughing out loud

Sadly enough, this is true.

Cyborg's power was being restrained by Reeds device. Thing has hella heart, but he's just not in the same league as these guys.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by KillAll
it would have saved you a bunch of time if you just put 1 stipulation on the fight:

1) superman cant fight back.

laughing

armandovalles
guys why the hell is this thread still going on!? i made it as a JOKE!

Cosmic Cube
Oh.

laughing

Scoobless
bump

King KAM
damnit armando, just let this one die....please......i cant take it anymore....

Scoobless
Originally posted by King KAM
damnit armando, just let this one die....please......i cant take it anymore....

but....... the people must know!

King KAM
Originally posted by Scoobless
but....... the people must know! cant you see im suffering here???

Scoobless
cant you see im suffering here???

that's what makes it funny big grin

King KAM
that's what makes it funny big grin I hate wonderman, because of him theres no thanos....

Scoobless
I hate wonderman, because of him theres no thanos....

what does that have to do with a crippled Superman beating the Thing though?

stick out tongue

King KAM
what does that have to do with a crippled Superman beating the Thing though?

stick out tongue everything....

Scoobless
i see........ confused

King KAM
i see........ confused BRILLIANT!

spetznaz
No offense, but doesn't the conditions above kinda put the Thing in a negative light rather than a positive light? I mean, for god's sake this like letting the retarded kid win the basketball game....even though he threw the ball through the window.

This doesn't help the Thing look good. If anything it makes him look terrible.

Yep ....it just makes the Thing look like a chump. A total loser.

And unless Reed gives Thing a red-sun ray generator, chunks of kryptonite, or a crash-course in Dr Strange level magic, the Thing still gets taken down.

Physically the Thing is not in the level of Superman.

roughrider
Heeyyy, that's it! Ben just has to cross town to have regular night school with Strange - pick up some credits in casting crimson bands, enchanting weapons etc. and he'll be ready for this matchup! stick out tongue
And to work off the teaching debt, helps Wong with the garden during the day, and learns about inner peace. big grin

Sci-fi Nut
shifty

Grimm22
Reed turns Ben's hide into Kryptonite no expression

Ben rips Supes in half big grin

Validus
Since when does K-nite hurt Superman?

roughrider
Originally posted by Grimm22
Reed turns Ben's hide into Kryptonite no expression

Ben rips Supes in half big grin

What - this thread gets revived for a one-year aniversary? stick out tongue

MattDay
if superman is still in the sun, and ben is kryptonite... well atleast he could hit him as hard as he can when he gets near with his free hand and see how many pieces fall back down from space...?

xmarksthespot
I had an overwhelming urge to bump this thread.

King_Mungi
Damn you, I mentioned this in the Superman vs. Iron Man thread. I wanted to bump it sad

DigiMark007
Whoever bumped this get a temp ban.

no expression

*searches*

Buh-bye X.

stick out tongue

Martian_mind
Well........this is interesting.

xmarksthespot
sad

*cowers from the might of scary Digi*

Never mind Shatner protects me.

I think this is a good answer to Accel's question in the Comic Book Forum. moodynuts

King_Mungi
The Shat always rules, he's winning in the thread "Contest-Best Muscles"

xmeat
good bloody hell thing gets taken back into the scotch.

Soljer
When I saw this at the top of the pile, I inherently KNEW X was responsible.

Validus
The first post is still 100% gold.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Soljer
When I saw this at the top of the pile, I inherently KNEW X was responsible. 313Originally posted by Validus
The first post is still 100% gold. Gold is the old new new black. You're so last season.

Validus
Screw this forum! *runs away in tears*

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Validus
Screw this forum! You and I both know that ship sailed a while ago. vin

Badabing
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
I had an overwhelming urge to bump this thread.
The only thing saving you from my wrath is the Shatner avi. mad

Digi, ban him. stick out tongue

batdude123
Christ. laughing

Next up... GL Hal Jordan vs. Thing... with a twist.

Hal Jordan is blinded, and doesn't have his ring. Ben also has prep time with Reed. Who wins? no expression

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Badabing
The only thing saving you from my wrath is the Shatner avi. mad

Digi, ban him. stick out tongue kCQK5HbJwXY

cool

xmeat
good bloody hell

Badabing
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
kCQK5HbJwXY

cool
Shatner! Happy Dance Happy Dance Shatner! Happy Dance Happy Dance

Redatom65
and might I add this is like the 7th thread like this in a month

Symmetric Chaos

So can Ben pull it off?

Superman would still win.

Redatom65
lol I love the shatner video laughing

batdude123
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh180/porters54/016-6.jpg

~The Wickerman~
Originally posted by batdude123
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh180/porters54/016-6.jpg

Thanks for reminding me that I at one point used pink font.
....****er uhuh

batdude123
Anytime I can help. thumb up

zeel

So can Ben pull it off?

ben dont have the physical strength to do damage to supes i think is the problem. I like bens character but i dont think been could do alot of dmg to even thor or wonder woman let alone supes.

Tha C-Master

This doesn't help the Thing look good. If anything it makes him look terrible. This is a Golden thread.
BUT if Reed is helping, well... I think Ben has a little potential.

Mr.Biscuits
The Thing biscuits

abhilegend
crylaugh @ this thread.

-Pr-
smh.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.