Zoom vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
Flash foe vs Superman.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by long pig
Flash foe vs Superman.

Zoom lost to a blind wonderwoman smile

yahman
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt

I have that title, i stopped reading it the moment she said 'That punch was harder than Supermans'. I don't mind it when comics just totally ignore physics, but when they try and half heartdly use it as a plot device it kinda pisses me off. Its like when characters are seen crying out that they can't breathe, in space. W.T.F

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by yahman
I have that title, i stopped reading it the moment she said 'That punch was harder than Supermans'. I don't mind it when comics just totally ignore physics, but when they try and half heartdly use it as a plot device it kinda pisses me off. Its like when characters are seen crying out that they can't breathe, in space. W.T.F

agreed smile

legacy92
supes easypicey lemon sqeeezeyy

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by legacy92
supes easypicey lemon sqeeezeyy

true enough smile

long pig
True, but Wonder Woman is Superman's superior is almost everything when it comes to fighting.

Juntai
True, but Wonder Woman is Superman's superior is almost everything when it comes to fighting. except that she can't even mount an offensive against him and just gets pummled and her arm broken.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Juntai
except that she can't even mount an offensive against him and just gets pummled and her arm broken.

true enough smile

Draco69
except that she can't even mount an offensive against him and just gets pummled and her arm broken.

Mount a defense? She almost decapitated him...erm

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Draco69
Mount a defense? She almost decapitated him...erm

yes the cut against a mad supes hmmmmm. Supes could kill her easily Draco, unlike her though its not in his nature to kill. Don't get me wrong Diana is a great character but....... in reality Supes is in a league of one really within the league imo smile

Juntai
Mount a defense? She almost decapitated him...erm you're counting the very desperate and lucky magic tiara shot? lol.

Draco69
yes the sword against a mad supes hmmmmm. Supes could kill her easily Draco, unlike her though its not in his nature to kill. Don't get me wrong Diana is a great character but....... in reality Supes is in a league of one really within the league imo smile

I really hope you're not referring to the crap Azarello fight. A simple smack from Superman doesn't put WW down that easy.

As I said she nearly decapitated Superman with her tiara. Instead she chose to merely slit his throat. She's proven that she can take anything he can dish out.

Draco69
you're counting the very desperate and lucky magic tiara shot? lol.

She doesn't make "lucky" shots. She ended the fight and was so incredibly pissed off, she used the very same tiara that has beheaded numerous gods.

She ended it. For the entire fight she was holding back.

Whirlysplatt
I really hope you're not referring to the crap Azarello fight. A simple smack from Superman doesn't put WW down that easy.

As I said she nearly decapitated Superman with her tiara. Instead she chose to merely slit his throat. She's proven that she can take anything he can dish out.

I am, but I don't think he has ever really cut loose fully on her I mean a constant barrage of heat vision at full power and wide beam laughing out loud at the result.

Draco69
I am, but I don't think he has ever really cut loose fully on her I mean a constant barrage of heat vision at full power and wide beam laughing out loud at the result.

Actually he did. He thought WW was Doomsday. He thought he just witnessed DD brutally murdering his wife. He was holding absolutely nothing back.

Whirlysplatt
Actually he did. He thought WW was Doomsday. He thought he just witnessed DD brutally murdering his wife. He was holding absolutely nothing back.

Issue? I don't remember that smile

Draco69
Issue? I don't remember that smile

You have to read WW 219. I'm surprised you haven't heard about it yet. Everyone's talking about it...and using it to justify why Superman is FTL.

Go to the WW respect thread. It has the entire fight.

Juntai
Issue? I don't remember that smile last issue of sacrifice. But he beat the holy shit out of her and the rest of the league within moments. Effortlessly. But she cut his neck with her magic tiara ala Sailor Moon style. A last ditch move to distract him so that she could beat the real enemy and prevent herself from dying.

Whirlysplatt
You have to read WW 219. I'm surprised you haven't heard about it yet. Everyone's talking about it...and using it to justify why Superman is FTL.

Go to the WW respect thread. It has the entire fight.

It was sold out I have a copy coming

Whirlysplatt
last issue of sacrifice. But he beat the holy shit out of her and the rest of the league within moments. Effortlessly. But she cut his neck with her magic tiara ala Sailor Moon style. A last ditch move to distract him so that she could beat the real enemy and prevent herself from dying.

ah the old last ditch effort ploy, a good comic book staple smile

Draco69
last issue of sacrifice. But he beat the holy shit out of her and the rest of the league within moments. Effortlessly. But she cut his neck with her magic tiara ala Sailor Moon style. A last ditch move to distract him so that she could beat the real enemy and prevent herself from dying.

First off, the "league" consisted of Black Canary and Hawkman. All of sudden for no apparent reason Superman decided to attack the the JLA. The JLA was caught by surprise. After all how could they expect him to attack them? He FIRST threw Martian Manhunter into a teleportation loop while MM was engaged in setting up the loop. This left Hawkman, Flash, Black Canary and John Stewart to battle him.

One major gripe I had with the issue is how Superman somehow punched through John's construct. John's shields have once withstood a entire galaxy exploding. An antimatter reaction that would have destroyed HALF the multiuniverse...and a punch gets through? BS.

Second, WW wasn't fighting Superman. She said repeatedly throughout the issue, she was holding back. After punching her back to Earth, Diana engaged him in combat and did just as much damage to him as he did to her. Superman burned her face and broke her wrist. Diana gave him permanent ear nerve damage and broke three of his ribbones.

Diana didn't want to fight Superman. Trying to combat him would be fruitless for three reasons: A) the battle would take forever B) the battle would destroy everything around them (the Wyoming thing was just a warm up) and C) Superman wasn't the real enemy.

So she just stalled him so she could get to Max. She threw her tiara at Superman to severely injure his neck. She COULD have decaptiated him if she wanted to.

And Sailor Moon is a ripoff of WW. WW has been throwing her tiara since WWII.

stick out tongue

Avalonofthewind
First off, the "league" consisted of Black Canary and Hawkman. All of sudden for no apparent reason Superman decided to attack the the JLA. The JLA was caught by surprise. After all how could they expect him to attack them? He FIRST threw Martian Manhunter into a teleportation loop while MM was engaged in setting up the loop. This left Hawkman, Flash, Black Canary and John Stewart to battle him.

One major gripe I had with the issue is how Superman somehow punched through John's construct. John's shields have once withstood a entire galaxy exploding. An antimatter reaction that would have destroyed HALF the multiuniverse...and a punch gets through? BS.

Second, WW wasn't fighting Superman. She said repeatedly throughout the issue, she was holding back. After punching her back to Earth, Diana engaged him in combat and did just as much damage to him as he did to her. Superman burned her face and broke her wrist. Diana gave him permanent ear nerve damage and broke three of his ribbones.

Diana didn't want to fight Superman. Trying to combat him would be fruitless for three reasons: A) the battle would take forever B) the battle would destroy everything around them (the Wyoming thing was just a warm up) and C) Superman wasn't the real enemy.

So she just stalled him so she could get to Max. She threw her tiara at Superman to severely injure his neck. She COULD have decaptiated him if she wanted to.

stick out tongue

Permanent ear damage and 3 broken ribs? Was this stated in a later issue that I didn't read? It surely wasn't stated in WW#219.

Draco69
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Permanent ear damage and 3 broken ribs? Was this stated in a later issue that I didn't read? It surely wasn't stated in WW#219.

In a later issue. A preview. Adventures of Superman. They already healed though like Di's wrist.

jrodslam
Zoom wins.

Hes a blur to Wally. Superman never sees him unless Zoom wants him to.

Draco69
Wally even absorbed the speed from Jay, Kid Flash, and Jesse...and he was STILL slower.

jrodslam
Wally even absorbed the speed from Jay, Kid Flash, and Jesse...and he was STILL slower.

Indeed.

yahman

stick out tongue

Ok i realy like Marvel comics, but this passage just somes up why marvel higher tier characters are below D.C. higher tier characters. All of it is true, yet it is uninteresting and prety orgdinary for a D.C. comic. If some one was writing the same things about a Marvel character, they would be more powerful than Thanos !!!!!!!!!!!1

long pig
Yes, most Marvel's high tier characters are lower in power. Meh.....does it matter?

D.C can't power down their heroes because they are Icons, and they can't power up the villians because D.C fans/general public can't handle seeing Superman or WW or Flash.. etc lose.

That's why Superman's and Flash's rogues gallery is mostly humans and crap. Wonder Woman has ....Cheetah II eek! Not CheetahII!!

yahman
Yes, most Marvel's high tier characters are lower in power. Meh.....does it matter?

D.C can't power down their heroes because they are Icons, and they can't power up the villians because D.C fans/general public can't handle seeing Superman or WW or Flash.. etc lose.

That's why Superman's and Flash's rogues gallery is mostly humans and crap. Wonder Woman has ....Cheetah II eek! Not CheetahII!!

laughing laughing laughing

Verry good i am ammused !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

long pig
Ahaha.....check out Flash's most deadly arch-enemy!!

http://www.rapsheet.co.uk/Images/Characters/Top.jpg

Powers:

Spinning: The Top is able to spin at great (but not superhuman) speeds. The Spinning gives him inspiration i.e., suddenly he'd develop a new weapon or crime plan.

yahman

http://www.rapsheet.co.uk/Images/Characters/Top.jpg

Powers:

Spinning: The Top is able to spin at great (but not superhuman) speeds. The Spinning gives him inspiration i.e., suddenly he'd develop a new weapon or crime plan.

laughing laughing laughing Happy Dance

So goood !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

long pig
Can Wonder Woman, with her measly class 100 strength and super sonic speed ever hope to defeat..................CHEETAH???

http://www.rapsheet.co.uk/Images/Characters/Cheetah2.jpg

Cheetah has no super human powers, however she is a superb athlete, acrobat and a cunning strategist.

I could kick this chicks ass.

yahman
Can Wonder Woman, with her measly class 100 strength and super sonic speed ever hope to defeat..................CHEETAH???

http://www.rapsheet.co.uk/Images/Characters/Cheetah2.jpg

Cheetah has no super human powers, however she is a superb athlete, acrobat and a cunning strategist.

I could kick this chicks ass.

that can't be right ??????// laughing laughing laughing stil very funny

jrodslam

Powers:

Well long pig, just as you defend Strange i have to come to Flash's aid.

First off, thats not Wallys most deadly arch-enemy. Its one of Barry's.

Second thatsd not even his original look. Thats when he went mad dissapeared then returned as Mad As AHatter.

Third, Top does move at superhuman speeds. Where did you get this info from? Bah!

long pig
lol

Got the info from rapsheet.co.uk under Flash enemies.

superman302

stick out tongue
you do realize diana said that she couldnt beat superman in that comic because of all his abilities.

jrodslam
lol

Got the info from rapsheet.co.uk under Flash enemies.

mad Well its wrong friend.

Draco69
Originally posted by superman302
you do realize diana said that she couldnt beat superman in that comic because of all his abilities.

She never said that. She was merely commenting on his abilities. And she also said she knew his weaknesses. And boy did she exploit them.

Draco69
Originally posted by yahman
that can't be right ??????// laughing laughing laughing stil very funny

That was Cheetah I. She was basically an insane Catwoman.

Cheetah II on the other hand is not to be underestimated. Extremely strong. Extremely fast. Very skilled. And her claws are magically enhanced to cut through ANYTHING.

dvampire
She never said that. She was merely commenting on his abilities. And she also said she knew his weaknesses. And boy did she exploit them.

Superman still wasn't in his right mind when he fought her, and was written poorly too. If that was really a Superman going all out against WW, he should have been able to finish her off, as soon as she blacked out from his punch or his Heat Vision whould have melted the flesh off of her. smile

Draco69
I agree with the first notion but disagree with the second. She's obviously very resistant to heat vision. She had her THUMBS in his friggin eyeballs.

superman302
yea i mean she should of been knocked out right after he punched he punched her so hard he sent her smashing back into the earth, but i mean it was a wonder woman comic

Draco69
That would've been realistic.

And for god's sake, Superman is RIDICULOUSLY overpowered in his own book. Doing things he shouldn't be doing. Like punching through Stewart's shield.

dvampire
I agree with the first notion but disagree with the second. She's obviously very resistant to heat vision. She had her THUMBS in his friggin eyeballs.

Yes. But if hes supposed to be going all out, he should have used a full blast Heat Vision from the start. no expression

Dizzle
Originally posted by superman302
yea i mean she should of been knocked out right after he punched he punched her so hard he sent her smashing back into the earth, but i mean it was a wonder woman comic

Even Superman using everything he has shouldn't be KOing Wonder Woman in one shot. It takes a LOT to put Diana down. I'm not saying he couldn't do it, but it should be more of a slightly mismatched boxing match (good fight, but with a definite winner) rather than a Joker/Jason Todd affair.

And of course, the topic is still Zoom vs. Superman. In which Zoom dominates.

Draco69
Originally posted by dvampire
Yes. But if hes supposed to be going all out, he should have used a full blast Heat Vision from the start. no expression

Eh. He was irrational. He thought his friggin wife died in front of his eyes. Superman wasn't fighting tactically. He wanted to make his opponent hurt and feel pain.

dvampire
Eh. He was irrational. He thought his friggin wife died in front of his eyes. Superman wasn't fighting tactically. He wanted to make his opponent hurt and feel pain.

Well anyways the book did however show how durable WW has become.

Back on topic though, Superman wins if he stays off the ground.smile

OneDumbG0
3 things.

1) If you look at the recent Rogue's War storyline in Flash by Geoff Johns, they comment about how the Top has more power than he let on in the past. He has mind over matter powers which let him do more than spin around. This allowed him to twink with former rogues' heads into reforming like Pied Piper, original Trickster, Magenta and so forth. So it looks as if he's got telepathic/telekinetic powers. The latter part allowing him to spin around. More information would be appreciated of course.

2) I agree that Cheetah has always sucked and I don't understand how someone like Cheetah could get the better of Flash like she did in the recent Wonder Woman/Flash crossover bit.

3) Zoom does not originate his powers from the Speed Force like Flash does or any of his other incarnations. He is powered by time. A vague description yes, but one that is being upheld in his storylines. The reason why he always looks blurry is because he is shunting himself in time and not because he's incredibly fast velocity wise. I don't know the actual mechanics on this, but he has topped the Flash a lot in his fights which indicates that he manipulates time rather than speed and that could certainly be used imaginitively against somebody like Superman. I think he'd fight him in a very different way than Flash would. Although I still think Flash is underrated power-wise. Just cause Max Lord controlled Superman beat the JLA, doesn't mean he beat the Flash. If you read Sacrifice part 3, you see he causes distractions for the Flash to avoid having to fight him directly and runs away. I think that says a lot as to how Superman treats the Flash.

Draco69
In response to number 2, Cheetah gained lightspeed superspeed "taught" to her by Zoom. It's kinda hard to counter a lightspeed opponent who can disembowel you with a flick of her claw.

supremthor
WHY IS IT THAT EVERY SINGLE BATTLE THAT INVOLVES DC END UP WITH SUPERMAN IN IT FOR GODS SAKE LAY OFF THE BIG BLUE.

OneDumbG0
Cheetah can attain lightspeed? Wow... that's the biggest upgrade I've heard in a while. Seems like the WW writer's are getting desperate for some villains who can pose a challenge.... I admit, I didn't read the entire storyline in depth. WW is just boring unless she's fighting Supes... Thx for info.

jrodslam
Ummm the thread is called Zoom vs Superman.

ImmortalOne
Zoom does not CONTROL TIME !!!
He lives in a faster time line !!!

Zoom vs. Flash is like.
A slow dude running on top of a moving train (zoom), vs. an olympic runner (flash)............... but in a WAAAAAAAAYYYY bigger scale !!

olympian
"Ok i realy like Marvel comics, but this passage just somes up why marvel higher tier characters are below D.C. higher tier characters. All of it is true, yet it is uninteresting and prety orgdinary for a D.C. comic. If some one was writing the same things about a Marvel character, they would be more powerful than Thanos !!!!!!!!!!!1"

Like what, surviving a nova_like explosion and falling from space to a planet?

http://img51.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/nova1.jpg
http://img51.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/nova2.jpg

You dont have to be more powerful than Thanos for that.

yahman
Originally posted by olympian
"Ok i realy like Marvel comics, but this passage just somes up why marvel higher tier characters are below D.C. higher tier characters. All of it is true, yet it is uninteresting and prety orgdinary for a D.C. comic. If some one was writing the same things about a Marvel character, they would be more powerful than Thanos !!!!!!!!!!!1"

Like what, surviving a nova_like explosion and falling from space to a planet?

http://img51.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/nova1.jpg
http://img51.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/nova2.jpg

You dont have to be more powerful than Thanos for that.

Olympian Thanos is above higher tier, he's cosmic.

Draco69
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Cheetah can attain lightspeed? Wow... that's the biggest upgrade I've heard in a while. Seems like the WW writer's are getting desperate for some villains who can pose a challenge.... I admit, I didn't read the entire storyline in depth. WW is just boring unless she's fighting Supes... Thx for info.

Not really. She needs Zoom to do that. He gave her speed.

And WW USED to be boring. Now adays Rucka is making her book one of the best on the market.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.