Too many troops?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KharmaDog
Too many troops?

I bring this up because of a few reasons:

If there are hundreds of thousands of guard and reserve people who are still available, than why weren't they mobilized for Katrina?

If there are hundreds of thousands of guard and reserve people who are still available, then why are they denying the forces in the Iraq troops or the relief of troops currently serving there?

If there are hundreds of thousands of guard and reserve people who are still available, how much money is being sunk into forces that just aren't being used?

Finally, it seems in recent weeks the press has let be ascertained that the U.S. troop deployment is starting to get a little thin. Yet, Rummy states," Indeed, there is some areas where we today very well have excess capacity and we may have to make adjustments in that as we go forward..."

I just thought all this was interesting. Comments?

fini
oh dear, ,another Katrina related thread. LEt me post fast, before someone cloese it.

AS far as I am concerned anything coming out of the white house this last week is BS

To add to the troops thing, some guy had said that they moved their troops from the coast before the hurricane hit to another base that was about 2 hrs away. YET it took them 5 days to make a 2 hr commute. DONT listen to them. ITs all BS and they are trying to cover their ass.

Hope you yanks CAN SEE THAT.

botankus
Originally posted by fini
oh dear, ,another Katrina related thread. LEt me post fast, before someone cloese it.

AS far as I am concerned anything coming out of the white house this last week is BS

To add to the troops thing, some guy had said that they moved their troops from the coast before the hurricane hit to another base that was about 2 hrs away. YET it took them 5 days to make a 2 hr commute. DONT listen to them. ITs all BS and they are trying to cover their ass.

Hope you yanks CAN SEE THAT.

Thanks for the information, and thank you especially for ending it with personal slander. The information is very good, though. Have a nice day, you .

p.s. The term "Yank" is not actually slander, but believed to be an insulting term by 's.

fini
wait you really get insulted with the word yank? STILL?
sorry. A lot of people use it still.

botankus
Sorry, I edited my post with an explanation after I went and retrieved coffee. *gulp* Man, that hit the spot.

fini
lol, lemme hear, whats the derogatory word for Caribbean folk, never heard of one, DO telllllll, plssss hehe

botankus
Well, let me try to create one. How about...

The "Crystal-Clear Water People"

fini
LMAO,

Sigh!! you know we've destroyed KarmaDog's thread. oh well

oh come on, you can do better than that..... I could think of a few, but only Caribbean /WEst-Indian people will understand it.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by fini
LMAO,

Sigh!! you know we've destroyed KarmaDog's thread. oh well

Not only did you destroy the thread, you spelled my name wrong.

And this is not a thread about Katrina. It is more a thread about Rummy, his comments, and the possible misuse and state of the american military.

botankus
I've got one. You are officially a RastaVoodun-CalypsoKurminan, or RVCK for short.

fini
ooo love calypso,.........but what is Kurminan???

I'm in trinidad, we dont have Voodoo here and I'm indian in race, so being a 'rasta' cant apply.
hehehe

WindDancer
Already hostility in this thread. Pointless and is better to use the other thread for the situation in New Orleans. Including Aftermath events.

Closed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.