Was Palpatine actually from Naboo?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Decay
i read that all the records of him being there and having family were destroyed. did he just choose a planet with a fairly weak military to become senitor for so he could begin the war and use sympathy to become chancellor? he could have forged some records when he was in his 20s that say he was born there and left to explore or some other reason, and begun his political career there after carefully choosing it as a tool for him to become emperor. his origins and personal history are never really discussed and it was fairly convenient for him to have been born on a planet that would fit in with his plans so well. but, maybe im just overthinking it. opinions?

Morridini
Well he was a genius, so I doubt he had to go to a weak planet to get to become a senator. So he might as well have stayed at his home planet.

and it also says so at www.starwars.com, both for Sidious and for Palpatine.

Darth_Emodas
He forsaw what he needed to do, so the planet he was born on would likely make little difference.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Decay
i read that all the records of him being there and having family were destroyed. did he just choose a planet with a fairly weak military to become senitor for so he could begin the war and use sympathy to become chancellor? he could have forged some records when he was in his 20s that say he was born there and left to explore or some other reason, and begun his political career there after carefully choosing it as a tool for him to become emperor. his origins and personal history are never really discussed and it was fairly convenient for him to have been born on a planet that would fit in with his plans so well. but, maybe im just overthinking it. opinions? That's a BIG "what if" to throw at an already solid foundation.

Ushgarak
I agree.

He's the Naboo Senator, he represents the Naboo, the greatest likelihood is, therefore, that he is from Naboo, so without any evidence to say otherwise, why think any different?

DarthLazious
Indeed he is from Naboo.

masterkit
yep

Captain REX
It's weird to think that the Sith who toppled everything came from, of all places, Naboo, the peaceful little watery-marshy-foresty world.

Morridini
How is that actually hard to believe?

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by Morridini
How is that actually hard to believe?

I agree, it adds to his blissful deception of a mild-mannered Chancellor that loves democracy.

bilb
yes no expression

shaber
No, he was from Byss.

Darth_Emodas
Originally posted by DiamondBullets
I agree, it adds to his blissful deception of a mild-mannered Chancellor that loves democracy.

I'm guessing this is who he was before he discovered the Dark Side, at which point he took great care to conceal his identity as his master did. He kept the Palpatine identity to use in his grand scheme.

DarthLazious
Well I wish they would do a backstory for Palpatine in the EU.

JenR1215
Originally posted by Decay
i read that all the records of him being there and having family were destroyed.

he obviously didnt learn how to "save the people he loved." lol

Captain REX
Originally posted by DarthLazious
Well I wish they would do a backstory for Palpatine in the EU.

I hope they don't.

Sidious was originally from Naboo. Not hard to believe, just weird to think about. I'm sure he visited Byss at some point, as it was rumored that's where he first appeared as a Sith.

ab2421
Originally posted by Captain REX
It's weird to think that the Sith who toppled everything came from, of all places, Naboo, the peaceful little watery-marshy-foresty world.

Well, it was just one Sith that came from Naboo

Tangible God

EjkoUSC
I heard he was from a planet that governed itself in an imperial or monarchy style government. The Republic and Jedi supported the Democratic revolution which slaughtered his family and he escaped as a refugee to Naboo. He obviously harbored deep resentment for the Republic and the Jedi. This helped lead him to his twisted turn to the dark side. I forgot where I read this though. Maybe it was fan fiction. But damn good fan fiction.

Really now, if Palpy is just from Naboo then how the hell did he get so evil? Cause he read some books and had a "just cuz" attitude? Cause he was born evil? Lucas is the last to believe that people are born evil. That's why he told the story of Anakin in the first place. So even Palpatine must have come from somewhere valid.

Tangible God
BEcause he wasn't always senator, he's already getting up there in years by that time, he'll have had time to become Sith Lord.

darthvader_fan
ayou guys suck if you think he isnt from Naboo

www.starwars.com/databank/character

Veneficus
Originally posted by EjkoUSC
I heard he was from a planet that governed itself in an imperial or monarchy style government. The Republic and Jedi supported the Democratic revolution which slaughtered his family and he escaped as a refugee to Naboo. He obviously harbored deep resentment for the Republic and the Jedi. This helped lead him to his twisted turn to the dark side. I forgot where I read this though. Maybe it was fan fiction. But damn good fan fiction.

Really now, if Palpy is just from Naboo then how the hell did he get so evil? Cause he read some books and had a "just cuz" attitude? Cause he was born evil? Lucas is the last to believe that people are born evil. That's why he told the story of Anakin in the first place. So even Palpatine must have come from somewhere valid.

Dude...all politians are evil by nature stick out tongue

Dimmimar
I thought that he first appeared as a Sith on Ziost?

Jedi StunRun
Was Palpatine actually from Naboo?

yes - though it comes through no surprise

yes - nobody cares

PVS
*does the vulcan mindmeld with GL*

no, he's not originally from naboo

Nactous
Hmm...

Corran
Originally posted by EjkoUSC

Really now, if Palpy is just from Naboo then how the hell did he get so evil? Cause he read some books and had a "just cuz" attitude? Cause he was born evil? Lucas is the last to believe that people are born evil. That's why he told the story of Anakin in the first place. So even Palpatine must have come from somewhere valid. He got so evil because he was turned to the Dark side and trained by his Sith master, whom he then in turn killed once he had been consumed by the dark side and become more power hungry.

overlord
His Sith master was gungan. (but that's EU, sorry)

Boris
Sure he was, Naboo is the source of all evil.

Tangible God
That's true, without Naboo, there would've been no Empire or Clone War.

Or Paris Hilton.

darthvader_fan
lol

Darth Sadistic
Originally posted by Captain REX

Is it more weird than the Chosen One being a slave on a planet like Tattoine?

Tangible God
Originally posted by Darth Sadistic
Is it more weird than the Chosen One being a slave on a planet like Tattoine? No not really, it's a good background for the troubled Young Jedi, he left Tatooine with only a can of beans and a pocket full of dreams.

Cybervader
Originally posted by Boris
Sure he was, Naboo is the source of all evil.

yah..seems like it, isn't it..But its weird to be electing Queen eh? Shouldn't old palpy get registered to be elected King of Naboo or something..then make naboo a base for the Sith, building its temples everywhere in the system. When the Sith Army is ready, then he would lead an all-out attack on the damn Galactic Senate and the main Jedi Temple. How bout that?

Or that's why he didn't do all that, cos he was not frm naboo? so no sense of atttachment?

Ushgarak

Sense of intelligence, perhaps.

queeq
laughing out loud

Yup, better to work from within the system.

Travis Hicks
Yes he is from Naboo and founded by A Sith Lord.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.