Beast vs. Batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
No prep. Takes place in the Danger Room (and no the Danger Room won't interfere). No PIS. No outside influences.

Discuss

Juntai
Flash bang
sonic bomb
smoke bomb

followed by

regutation bomb

follwed by
modified panther strike

Wynndar
Batman would hand him his ass im pretty sure...But I've been accused of underestimating the Beast in the past.

8bitChris
I think "Feral" Beast (oo...coining a new term) would eat Batman's face before Batman could react with all his fancy devices.

Read Astonishing X-men 12 to see what i'm talking about. (Spoilers) Beast took out the Danger Room android that defeated all the AXM by itself. Beast was letting his animal instincts take over. Excellent fight.

Wynndar
Ohhhh....good point yes.

jgiant
It would be an interesting fight, bats got the tools and they may be the deciding factor because batman always finds a way. But Beast is a beast with amazing agility and if he lets his animal instints take over it seems it would prove too much for old batsy...

Metalmanx
I believe Beast takes this. Just like I believe that Beast takes Captain America, whom I believe would take Batman.

It's a never ending chain.

jgiant
Bats even said cap can take him in JLA/Avengers ...

roughrider
Still at it, Draco? Okay, no indestructable, vibration-absorbing shield here, but drop Batman somewhere with his utility belt, against someone who isn't even bulletproof - Beast has a hard time. And, Batman has some hand-to-hand knockout and paralyzing moves. Can go either way.

jinzin
bat's said it was possible that cap COULD take him in a long drawn out fight...onew must also consider that was hand to hand...eventually batmanwould have wore down, cap wouldn't...however against a real fighting batman, using his toys and cheating...as he's been known to do, captain america's chances for success decrease dramatically...same with beast...KO gas will work just fine.

jgiant
Originally posted by jinzin
bat's said it was possible that cap COULD take him in a long drawn out fight...onew must also consider that was hand to hand...eventually batmanwould have wore down, cap wouldn't...however against a real fighting batman, using his toys and cheating...as he's been known to do, captain america's chances for success decrease dramatically...same with beast...KO gas will work just fine.
Yeah that fight with cap may be a close one with the gadgets involved, but beast's agility may be to much for bats by the time he throws the gas beast will be on top of him and it may be over, but ya never no with bats again he does find a way, i'll say beast 7/10...

jinzin
Originally posted by jgiant
Yeah that fight with cap may be a close one with the gadgets involved, but beast's agility may be to much for bats by the time he throws the gas beast will be on top of him and it may be over, but ya never no with bats again he does find a way, i'll say beast 7/10...

agility? pffft. manbat swoops around the place in a blur...batman take him down every time. beast bouncing around will only delay the inevitable...

illadelph12
Hmm...

See, this is a bit different than the Cap Vs. Beast scenario. Batman brings far more to the table than Cap does armaments wise.

Thing is, given Beast's speed and strength, and Batman's physical frailty as compared to Cap (Bat's doesn't utilize any super serum), Beast can literally maul Batman before he mounted an offensive to fully incapacitate him in the confines of the Danger Room. If it wasn't a confined area there'd be more variables on the table for Bat's to exploit, like cover and shadows, but in an enclosed space like the Danger Room in plain view, well, like I said before:

My money's on Beast, again.

Sorry Bruce.

I'll say this though, if you were to make a Beast vs. Black Panther thread with the same scenario (Danger Room w/no prep or outside influences), I'd take T'Challa. Vibranium armor and blades, energy dagger, array of other offensive implements, enhanced physical abilities and comparable agility, better fighting skills, etc.

If Bat's had Super Serum, I'd take Batman.

If Cap had more than his shield (like Batman's fully stocked utility belt), I'd take Cap.

Panther's the best of both worlds.

But anyway, I'd take Beast in a no prep fight in an enclosed space against Batman.

jinzin
no prep..enclosed area....GAS....simple solution to an even simpler problem...

physically solomon grundy dominates batman...didn't stop bats from pressure pointing his arse into submission and then walking over lady shiva's face immediately after...

beast is good but can he cut through batman's armor when a knife can't? can he pierce it when a barrage of bullets can't? can he rend batman unconsious with blows when an eveil supes, nor a pissed of darksied could do so?

how well will he fair up to acid spray? super sonics? exploding batarangs?

i just don't think beast has the tools, and/or skills to win this...

illadelph12
no prep..enclosed area....GAS....simple solution to an even simpler problem...

physically solomon grundy dominates batman...didn't stop bats from pressure pointing his arse into submission and then walking over lady shiva's face immediately after...

beast is good but can he cut through batman's armor when a knife can't? can he pierce it when a barrage of bullets can't? can he rend batman unconsious with blows when an eveil supes, nor a pissed of darksied could do so?

how well will he fair up to acid spray? super sonics? exploding batarangs?

i just don't think beast has the tools, and/or skills to win this...

Well, he can break Batman's neck rather easily given his strength. No need to cut through armor to do that...

Beast is far from dumb or an unskilled fighter. He trains religously in the Danger Room, and has been doing so since his early teens. He has enough training and enhanced physical ability through his mutation to take Bruce.

Solomon Grundy isn't really a good comparison for Beast. Beast has brains, brawn, and extensive training. He's not just some dimwitted strong man. Even given Grundy's immense strength, he's very one dimensional.

And dumb.

Sonic shriekers, acid, gas grenades:

all well and good, but it's nothing Beast hasn't seen, dealt with, or been rigorously trained for. Hell, he's seen worse and been through worse.

In an enclosed battleground, no less, with nowhere for Batman to retreat to and regroup or sneak attack from using his much fabled mastery of Ninjitsu, which are normally his greatest weapons.

Basically,

Logic says: Beast.

Reputation says: Batman.

I tend to side with logic.

8bitChris
I think that Beast will at least bite off Batman's chin before any gas takes effect haha.

Draco69
Originally posted by roughrider
Still at it, Draco? Okay, no indestructable, vibration-absorbing shield here, but drop Batman somewhere with his utility belt, against someone who isn't even bulletproof - Beast has a hard time. And, Batman has some hand-to-hand knockout and paralyzing moves. Can go either way.

No. I just want see if Cap is overrated as I believe he is. Batman who is in many ways Cap's equal and superior has gone up against superior foes on this forum and everyone knows he would lose...and yet when Cap goes up against the very same opponent they say he either has a small chance of winning or he will win outright.

lifeisaglich
Batman is going to win this fight 10 out of 10 tens.....unless you guys can tell me how beast is going to dodge a sonic or a flash bang attack... smile

RSSR
Since the battle takes place in the Danger Room and Beast is well aware of its nuances (Batman wouldn't have that knowledge) and Hank is quicker, stronger, and no where near an idiot or inexperienced, I think Beast has this one.

Warmonger
Beast 8/10

Yes I think he might take it more times than Cap but that has to do with the fact that he has more options than merely throwing his sheild. However he is in this scenerio at a major disadvantage. There is far too much opern are for Batman to hide in, as well as it allows Beast the mobility he needs to press his advantage.

Now consider Beast's intelligence Batman pulls out so much as one gadget and Beast will know the score. Given his speed I doubt it would be all that difficult for him to reach Batman while Batman is going to have hell tring to tag Beast with anything. Think about it he trains for years agiants marksmen like Gambet and Cyclops and numerous others.

The only possible ways Batman can win; gas. However considering that the Danger room is well vehntillated, as well as Beast's enhanced physiology well... its a pretty piss poor option but its possible. erm Another Option is a nerve strike from bruce, but any scenerio where Bruce is that close to Beast is going to be rather messy. Another option is for Bruce to possibley hope tha Beast underestimates him and pretty mcuh manages to throw his face into Bruce's foot. laughing Other than that....

also don't evne mention that thing with Supes. Clark raped him, we all know that. This isn't Wolverine, where there is almost a plausible excuse for him to survive a hit from and enraged Superman. Even with all of the stuff he tried to use on Superman to wear him out he should have still been Bat-Gravy after a hit from Clark.

golem370
Hasn't Captain America gone up against more powerful opponents to?

Onikirimaru
I think Beast wins this. It is too close quarter's for Batman to fight effectively. Anything that Batman can throw, Im pretty sure there is some type of training in the Danger room that has done it, so Beast isnt just gonna go down to Gas. If it was so easy to go down to Gas, then the Xmen's arch enemy would be Gas Grenade-man. Sonic and other, more colorful grenades would be more difficult for Beast to deal with, but you must remember, Batman always gets whipped, and then preps his way out of fights. He doesnt have the ability to randomly guess what gadget can take out the Beast. He may have a chance to pull out a single gadget and use it before Beast gets to dangerous range, and thats generous. I dont think Bat's has anything on his belt to "easily win" any fight, otherwise all of Batman's books would be short, since whenever he would find the badguy he would "KO GAS" or "SONIC GRENADE" or some other device that fanboys think can KO instantly.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by 8bitChris
I think "Feral" Beast (oo...coining a new term) would eat Batman's face before Batman could react with all his fancy devices.Ditto. Beast eats Brucie's pretty face right off Hannibal Lecter style.

OneDumbG0
I read the spoiler to Astonishing X-Men 12 before being able to pick it up at my comic shop. ; ;

Anyway, I could probably be accused of underestimating the Beast.... its just that, in terms of fighting, he hasn't done all too much in his history in terms of mano y mano fights. He got feral during Grant Morrison's run right? Did he exhibit enough prowess during that run or even in the recent Astonishing X-Men run to justify the toppling of Cap AND Bats?

Besides, I don;t think a lot of people would say Spidey beats Bats 8/10 or 7/10 and he's got better stats then beast all round in strength, speed, agility and fighting sense....

Maybe I'm just jaded from the long Fabian Nicieza run that shoved him into the background and when he did end up in a fight, was usually one of the characters that was sprawled on the ground in a 2 page splash. XD

lifeisaglich
Come now why are you guys ignoring the sonic and the flash bang grenades or batarangs or what has he.....or is using this two objects out of batman's character....or it is not part of his normal arsenal. Come now beast is not going to win if batman uses the sonic device it is just going to bounce off the walls of the danger room thus becoming stronger smile and hit anything in its path and when beast is distracted the danger room is more than capable of putting beast down. Even with the flash bang results are going to be the same which are A DISTRACTED BEAST.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Besides, I don;t think a lot of people would say Spidey beats Bats 8/10 or 7/10Well then you'd be wrong in your thinking...
Originally posted by lifeisaglich
Come now why are you guys ignoring the sonic and the flash bang grenades or batarangs or what has he.....or is using this two objects out of batman's character....or it is not part of his normal arsenal. Come now beast is not going to win if batman uses the sonic device it is just going to bounce off the walls of the danger room thus becoming stronger smile and hit anything in its path and when beast is distracted the danger room is more than capable of putting beast down. Even with the flash bang results are going to be the same which are A DISTRACTED BEAST. And Beast just stands there passively looking at Batman and saying "Go Batman! Use you gadgets on me!"...

lifeisaglich
Then I ask you how is he going to dodge it......smile the flash bang and the sonic devices....smile by the time beast gets to batman is it not plausible that batman would have already have the stuff ready in hand to use???

xmarksthespot
And Batman immediately knows exactly which device to use and immediately uses it, why? Batman starts all his fights with a flash bang and a sonic device? By the time Batman figures out what device to use, and actually tries to use it he's mauled and Beast is wearing his face as a mask.

lifeisaglich
Come now in a confined space not to mention in an alien room aganist some one he does not know anything about.....batman would be ending the fight as quickly as it started....smile

Metalmanx
So...Batman can hear through his suit...but high-pitched sonic vibrations do absolutely nothing to him?

Interesting...

See, I would be okay with it if the sonic attacked in one direction, but if it's bouncing off walls, it's going everywhere, including Batman.

So, I don't think the use of sonics in such a confined space is Bats beset option.

And yea, Oni brings up a good point about gas. I would assume the X-men have trained vigourously against attacks such as gas, flash bombs, and probably even sonic attacks. And since Beast has been there since the beginning, he has more experience than almost any other X-men. It's just sad cuz they don't show too much of Beast in any comics anymore. It's all Wolverine/Cyclops/Jean saves the day.

Anyway, Beast closes the range between them in less than two seconds, then proceeds to maul Batman to death.

olympian
Beast.

Stronger. Better tech. Smarter. More durable. More wits. Alot faster.

And doesnt hang around with lil sidekicks.

doctorstrongbad
I think beast can win this fight, fighting on his own turf (the danger room) makes it easier for him.

Juntai
The Sonics and Flashbangs rendered Superman helpless, in his fight against him, and yes, it was in an even more confined space than the Danger room -- an underground pipeline. And yes, it was his first method of attack. And yes, it is consistantly although not ALWAYS his first method of attack. And then again, this doesn't have to do with what Batman might or might not do all the time in comics anyways, by forum rules, the character brings everything they have to the table, and everything Batman has, including The Modified Panther Strike is much more than Beast has to bring to the table.

Warmonger
A sonic Grenade in anenclosed space liek that would work just as well on Batman as it would on Beast.

Panther strike would never touch him.

Onikirimaru
Originally posted by Juntai
The Sonics and Flashbangs rendered Superman helpless, in his fight against him, and yes, it was in an even more confined space than the Danger room -- an underground pipeline. And yes, it was his first method of attack. And yes, it is consistantly although not ALWAYS his first method of attack. And then again, this doesn't have to do with what Batman might or might not do all the time in comics anyways, by forum rules, the character brings everything they have to the table, and everything Batman has, including The Modified Panther Strike is much more than Beast has to bring to the table.

Then I guess he must have been out of those grenades when Bane broke him in two, or he temporarily forgot how to do the modified panther strike as he was crying, crawling away with a broken back, crawling for the phone to call up and cry to his daddy, Azreal.

willRules
I think Beast will kill Batman.......and laugh laughing out loud

Juntai
Originally posted by Onikirimaru
Then I guess he must have been out of those grenades when Bane broke him in two, or he temporarily forgot how to do the modified panther strike as he was crying, crawling away with a broken back, crawling for the phone to call up and cry to his daddy, Azreal. I don't know, maybe after a week of constant fighting all of the baddest of the bad guys you MIGHT just run out, either way, it's in Batman arsenal, and it's quite capable of defeating Beast regardless of past PIS as Batman has done the days on end of fighting numerous times before and after that event without slowing a step.

Zahit
Bats would immediately know he's way over-matched by Beast.
He wouldn't resort to just physical.
I'd say this is pretty even......5/10.....could go either way.....

jinzin
Then I guess he must have been out of those grenades when Bane broke him in two, or he temporarily forgot how to do the modified panther strike as he was crying, crawling away with a broken back, crawling for the phone to call up and cry to his daddy, Azreal.

yes..it had nothing to do with the fact that batman had been up all week fighting rogue after rogue...after rogue..and was so messed up that by the time bane got to him he could hardly stand much less put up a good fight.... hell he was even surprise attacked in his own home.

jinzin
Originally posted by Metalmanx
So...Batman can hear through his suit...but high-pitched sonic vibrations do absolutely nothing to him?

Interesting...

See, I would be okay with it if the sonic attacked in one direction, but if it's bouncing off walls, it's going everywhere, including Batman.

So, I don't think the use of sonics in such a confined space is Bats beset option.

And yea, Oni brings up a good point about gas. I would assume the X-men have trained vigourously against attacks such as gas, flash bombs, and probably even sonic attacks. And since Beast has been there since the beginning, he has more experience than almost any other X-men. It's just sad cuz they don't show too much of Beast in any comics anymore. It's all Wolverine/Cyclops/Jean saves the day.

Anyway, Beast closes the range between them in less than two seconds, then proceeds to maul Batman to death.

as far as sonics go it's his helmet that protects him from backlash..I remember reading a small blurb about it in a bat comic...just don't know how it works.

xmarksthespot
as far as sonics go it's his helmet that protects him from backlash..I remember reading a small blurb about it in a bat comic...just don't know how it works. It works by the magic of BS... duh.

jinzin
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
It works by the magic of BS... duh.

so do a lot of comic book superheroe's what's your point? are you implying it's any less valid because it's unexplainable by real world terms?

xmarksthespot
so do a lot of comic book superheroe's what's your point? are you implying it's any less valid because it's unexplainable by real world terms? No. I was implying that it works through the magic of BS. You read too much into things.

jinzin
alright.

lifeisaglich
Seee...the sonics did nothing to him when he used it againsted superman in a confined undersewer place....Doesn't it seem plausible that he protected himself from it or where you hopeing that he found a way to neutralize the effects of the sonic by manipulating his body to cancel the sonic effects....See people beast is not going to win. Face it...

8bitChris
Read AXM 12 life.

Beast will rip apart Batman and eat his face like he did that fancy Android.

Batman might get one of his little do-dads off, but by the time Feral Beast is on top of him and biting savagely it'd be too late.

8bitChris
Oh, and face it.

lifeisaglich
I already have......you don't even know how beast is going to cross the gap before geting to batman in time..again tell me how beast is going to overcome the sonics or the flash bang grenades, batarangs. or what has he.....

Here is my reasoning again as to why batman is not going to waste anytime...... via what I just asked you to follow. and one more thing Face it......man

8bitChris
Beast wont have to. Batman would be dead before any of those things went off.

jinzin
beast is not faster than superman is he? What the f**k?

8bitChris
Batman is?

Wynndar
*Beast chewing on Batman's knarled body*

"GGRRrrrrrr-----MINE!!!" - Beast

jinzin
Batman is?

nope...but he's sure as hell fast enough to react in some cases... he couldn't with beast?

Avalonofthewind
Wouldn't this be nearly the same as Bats fighting Killer Croc?

http://www.nationmaster.com/wikimir/images/upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/7f/Croc03.jpg/300px-Croc03.jpg

jinzin
beast is stronger and more agile...but claws/teeth wise...yes...very similar..

8bitChris
Beast got a lot stronger with that secondary mutation.

Metalmanx
I love how everyone assumes that Batman will be able to get off one of his doohickies before Beast tears him apart.

Hell, Beast might as well be Flash compared to Batman.

spiderboy5
hes BATMAN he always wins!!!!!!!!! lol

jinzin
Originally posted by Metalmanx
I love how everyone assumes that Batman will be able to get off one of his doohickies before Beast tears him apart.

Hell, Beast might as well be Flash compared to Batman.

that's ridiculous...what's beast gonna do to him in that kinda timeframe..assuming he was too fast for batman...and he's not..

Avalonofthewind
Either one is a much, much stronger than Bats.
I was going to go with Beast until I remembered Killer croc is
similarly equipped to kill old Bruce.

I'm undecided right now.

8bitChris
Eat him.

spiderboy5
hey 8bit do u happen to like naruto?

jinzin
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Either one is a much, much stronger than Bats.
I was going to go with Beast until I remembered Killer croc is
similarly equipped to kill old Bruce.

I'm undecided right now.

beast has enhanced senses tell me..how do you think he'd fair with a super sonic freq emitor...?

jinzin
Eat him.

through his face mask? cause that's the only place those teeth are getting through...

8bitChris
How do you think Batman would fair with his face ripped off?

Wynndar
He's going to have trouble pronouncing his B,F,M,P,V,W's, and Y's

spiderboy5
NEVER underestimate bruce wayne cause u never no he might just be carrying a mini A-bomb in his belt.

jinzin
How do you think Batman would fair with his face ripped off?

probably die...but then again he's full of surprises... you're ignoring the original premise though....what's beast going to do to bats soooo fast that batman can't even react in time?

lifeisaglich
Deal with it people Beast is going to LOSE nomatter how you do the math .....how is he going to avoid the sonic device or the flash bang...????laughing I'm all ears...

When you got nothing to say.....b..o..y.....you got nothing to say...if this is best you are going to do....g..r..e..a..t smile

I also love how everone assumes that beast is now faster than a speeding bullet...if not how is he going to cover the distance....or did he his mutation give him a special ability all nightcrawler I don't know about.smile

8bitChris
Cover his ears and close his eyes? Seriously? You didn't think anyone could do that?

Avalonofthewind
beast has enhanced senses tell me..how do you think he'd fair with a super sonic freq emitor...?

Hmm...not too well I'd wager, I guess this is like fighting Spidey minus the Spider sense and the webbing...

8bitChris
How well do flash bangs work on cats anyway? I know they got something in their eyes that helps them adjust to lights in real life. But I don't know if anyone has ever tested their flashbangs on a cat before.

lifeisaglich
laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing wow Beast now has a new ability when he closes his ear no sound can go through and he knows when batman is going to use the flash bang....wow laughing please forgive me for obvious reasons.

How is beast going to pass the sonic or the flash bang....??

Beast is going to close his eyes and close his ears really strong with his hands... is this what you are trying to telling me or did I interpret it wrong. I am hoping I interpreted it wrong.

Metalmanx
Beast is basically a close second to Spiderman's speed and agility. And I believe that Spiderman would close the gap of (Oh, I dunno, let's saaaaaaaay...100 feet) in less than two seconds. And I believe that Beast can do the same thing. Now really. Count to two. See how long that was? Not very long at all. I believe that would be much too fast for ol' Batsy to do anything at all to Beast, much less throw some device at him. And as soon as Beast is anywhere in the 10 foot vicinity, it's DEFINITELY over for Bats. Batman wouldn't be able to pull anything out at that distance before Beast snapped his neck. And don't give me that whole "But Batman can kill him in one move!" crap. Bats would have to hit him in order to do that. And all I see here is Beast snapping Batman's neck.

Or breaking his back, if you want to be nostalgic about it.

lifeisaglich
yup I think we have a regular flash on our hands...I didn't know...smile face it people beast is going to lose.

xmarksthespot
Are we still assuming that in a NO PREP fight Batman immediately decides oh I'm going to flash bang or oh I know a sonic device will work.

Beast can sprint 60ft in about a second. In a single standing broad jump he covers 25ft. Assuming that they are even 100ft apart, (why are we assuming 100ft?) it takes him all of about a second and a half to reach Batman. Beast claws out Batman's eyes and eats his mouth.

Metalmanx
Are we still assuming that in a NO PREP fight Batman immediately decides oh I'm going to flash bang or oh I know a sonic device will work.

Beast can sprint 60ft in about a second. In a single standing broad jump he covers 25ft. Assuming that they are even 100ft apart, (why are we assuming 100ft?) it takes him all of about a second and a half to reach Batman. Beast claws out Batman's eyes and eats his mouth.

I only threw the number 100 out there just to give the illusion that Batman has a chance at all. But knowing (just like you do) that Beast can sprint 60 ft per second, I knew that there really wasn't anyway I could give Batman a chance unless they started in different states.

So, yea. We're in agreement, heh. We usually tend to be actually.

lifeisaglich
I suppose you are going to tell me that in the batman vs. spiderman thread Juntai never posted list of batman's regular arsenal......and those two stuff (sonic or the flash bang) weren't in it...smile

how long does it take you to reach inside your pocket???
And batman is going to stand there while beast jumps 60ft....Ok I will bite....assuming that beast can cover 100ft in 1.5seconds wouldn't batman be moving away giving himself that extra second he needs to get what ever stuff he needs???

Again in a confined space in an alien room with no where to run against an opponent he knows nothing about....believe it or not batman is going to end the battle as quickly as it started....via any means

xmarksthespot
I suppose you are going to tell me that in the batman vs. spiderman thread Juntai never posted list of batman's regular arsenal......and those two stuff (sonic or the flash bang) weren't in it...smile

how long does it take you to reach inside your pocket???
And batman is going to stand there while beast jumps 60ft per second....Ok I will bite....assuming that beast can cover 100ft in 1.5seconds wouldn't batman be moving away giving himself that extra second he needs to get what ever stuff he needs???

Again in a confined space in an alien room with no where to run against an opponent he knows nothing about....believe it or not batman is going to end the battle as quickly as it started....via any means laughing out loud Batman moving away gives him an extra second? Batman moves at 60ft a second? laughing out loud
Who said I don't think Batman has a flash bang or a sonic device? The crux of your argument is that Batman immediately uses a sonic device or a flash bang without any time to assess a situation in a no prep fight. To which, I call BS.
Believe it or not Beast bites Batman's face right off.

Wynndar
man that would suck to have no lips

lifeisaglich
So you are telling me I said or assume that batman can move 60ft in one sec..? I don't get it...it escapes me...please help...explain

You were refering to those things as prep...meaning batman does not carry those things on a regular basis....or are you going to tell me this was not what you meant and if it isn't what did you mean when you said

how is batman not going to know where he kept that thing that makes alot of noise or that that thing that makes alot of light....

how long does it take you to reach inside your pocket or are you assuming I am saying that batman can just magically will the devices into his hand without even reaching inside his pocket...?

xmarksthespot
So you are telling me I said or assume that batman can move 60ft in one sec..? I don't get it...it escapes me...please help...explain

You were refering to those things as prep...meaning batman does not carry those things on a regular basis....or are you going to tell me this was not what you meant and if it isn't what did you mean when you said
I was referring to no prep as Batman not knowing anything particularly useful about Beast. Batman must move 60 ft in order to gain a second's worth of distance between him and Beast.
wouldn't batman be moving away giving himself that extra second he needs to get what ever stuff he needs?
No.
how is batman not going to know where he kept that thing that makes alot of noise or that that thing that makes alot of light....
how long does it take you to reach inside your pocket or are you assuming I am saying that batman can just magically will the devices into his hand without even reaching inside his pocket...? How long does it take you to decide what you will use against an opponent you know essentially nothing about? Batman starts all his fights with a flash bang? How long does it take to use that device?
And finally why are we assuming they are even 100ft apart? Oh right... so that Batman even stands a snowballs chance in hell because we can't let Batman lose... "He's Batman!"

8bitChris
As far as sonics go. I don't think they would completely imcapacitate a Feral Beast. Same way I don't think Wolverine in a Savage Rage would be stopped by sonics.

Flash bangs? Please, we've all seen enough of them to know when they are going to hit in a comic. I'm pretty sure Beast can too.

Anyone ever play Counter-Strike? haha

I wish they would get rid of the smiley face system. People hide behind them to make believe they are making solid points.

Metalmanx
As far as sonics go. I don't think they would completely imcapacitate a Feral Beast. Same way I don't think Wolverine in a Savage Rage would be stopped by sonics.

Flash bangs? Please, we've all seen enough of them to know when they are going to hit in a comic. I'm pretty sure Beast can too.

Anyone ever play Counter-Strike? haha

I wish they would get rid of the smiley face system. People hide behind them to make believe they are making solid points.

I agree completely.

And you've noticed that, too? The smiley face thing, I mean.

8bitChris
No I hadn't noticed! roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

Batman always wins!

lifeisaglich
Moving backwards will still give batman that extra push to get what he is going for. lets guesstimate that batman can move 20ft in one sec..Beast is going to cover 60ft in one sec...but he will also need to cover 60 ft (the 60ft plus the 40ft beast needs to cover to get to batman plus the estimated 20ft batman might move..) so you see batman gets his second.

beast has to cover the 60ft + the 40ft + what ever distance that batman would have move in that one sec which I guesstimate to be 20ft so as you can see batman does not need to move 60ft in one sec. Batman just need to move enough to cover the distance already completed by beast.

In a confined space in an alien room he knows nothing about facing someone he knows nothing about...this is cause for batman to try and end the fight as quickly as possible.

I mean wouldn't you...you find your self in such a situation and you know you might have a chance if you try so and so...wouldn't you try it??..you might try and win or try and lose but the fact of the matter is you tried and gave yourself 50/50 chance of surviving....isn't this better than just giving up and dying where you stand.

so see this is how I am seeing this batman is trapped in a room nowhere to run or hide and facing someone he knows nothing about...if batman does nothing he dies if batman does something he has a chance to survive...and obviously batman is going to try something and the stuff that he is going to use is most certainly going to give him the win..

lifeisaglich
I don't know....but I think you might be referring to me because I know I use allot of smiling faces...but guess what I deserve my smiling face cuz you had done thing to counter them directly anyways smile so enjoy

xmarksthespot
batman is going to try something and the stuff that he is going to use is most certainly going to give him the win.. This statement pretty much shows your position in any argument concerning Batman. Nothing much more to say.

Wynndar
Yep

Metalmanx
Moving backwards will still give batman that extra push to get what he is going for. lets guesstimate that batman can move 20ft in one sec..Beast is going to cover 60ft in one sec...but he will also need to cover 60 ft (the 60ft plus the 40ft beast needs to cover to get to batman plus the estimated 20ft batman might move..) so you see batman gets his second.

beast has to cover the 60ft + the 40ft + what ever distance that batman would have move in that one sec which I guesstimate to be 20ft so as you can see batman does not need to move 60ft in one sec. Batman just need to move enough to cover the distance already completed by beast.

In a confined space in an alien room he knows nothing about facing someone he knows nothing about...this is cause for batman to try and end the fight as quickly as possible.

I mean wouldn't you...you find your self in such a situation and you know you might have a chance if you try so and so...wouldn't you try it??..you might try and win or try and lose but the fact of the matter is you tried and gave yourself 50/50 chance of surviving....isn't this better than just giving up and dying where you stand.

so see this is how I am seeing this batman is trapped in a room nowhere to run or hide and facing someone he knows nothing about...if batman does nothing he dies if batman does something he has a chance to survive...and obviously batman is going to try something and the stuff that he is going to use is most certainly going to give him the win..

Again, I just threw out the number 100 feet. The original poster never actually said how far it was. For all we know, they could be 20 feet apart. Then there's absolutely nothing Bats can do about it.

lifeisaglich
I was just guessing as well but using what you posted as a guide.

Yess what you said basically show where I stand in this particualar matter

but isn't batman going to try something...I mean he has got nowhere to go....his got nowhere to hide....wouldn't batman try....and against someone he knows nothing about....wouldn't it be his best.

jinzin
i think it's safe to assume manbat flies at a greater traveling speed than beast can cover on the ground..and batman deals with his speed just fine...

Juntai
Batman's suit also emits a knockout gas and can also electrocute opponents. Just throwing that out.

xmarksthespot
Wow that's interesting.. funny how it doesn't emit knockout gas or electricity here...
http://thebatman.bravepages.com/comics/villains/bane2.jpg
Just throwing that out.

Juntai
Wow that's interesting.. funny how it doesn't emit knockout gas or electricity here...
http://thebatman.bravepages.com/comics/villains/bane2.jpg
Just throwing that out. Inside of your X Mark?
It did it in the first issue of Hush.
So regardless of what your X mark is supposed to be showing, it IS in Batman's arsenal, and able to be used.

xmarksthespot
All the time or just when the story suits? Oh that's right there's a mini-wormhole in that utility belt of his... Break out the bat shark repellant.

Juntai
Well, it is written on page 19 on The Batman Handbook as part of his suit.
It says that the tazer is 200,000 volts. The Shark Repellant however is a plot device. In one of the threads way back I defined Batman's arsenal, it's quite extensive.

Juntai
So what was supposed to be inside of your red x anyways?

xmarksthespot
My red X is showing... oh dear better cover up?
What on earth are you talkin bout?

Juntai
Whatever you were trying to show me earlier, it's not there and never was.

xmarksthespot
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/c1/Batman497.png/383px-Batman497.png
Something along the lines of this...

Warmonger
ITs nto a matter of Batman can't win its that he won't given the circumstances of the match. IF this were a city or somethig where he could hide retreat or otherwise use the environment to his advantage his winning chances go up as it is right now he is kinda screwed, as beast simply eviscerates him before he can realy know what he's dealing with.

Also anytime he fought man bat he had the abilty to se the environment on his side as well as knowledge of his opponent so...

On another note when was this that Batman supposedly beat Superman, to my knowledge Batman has never beaten Superman in DC canon.

Onikirimaru
This is funny, that batman fans dont see the pics. I see them fine. They are pics of Batman getting broken by Bane.

Lets put this in perspective.

Flash Grenade + Sonic Attack is an instant win.
Batman used this on Superman.

Ok, lets take that supposed fact, and apply it.

Bane broke Batman's back and laughed about it.
Wait, I can hear the wind talking to me, it says "Batman was tried he had no sleep for a week and was fighting badguys?"
Well, how much effort does it take to throw down a sonic grenade? Youd think if he was tired in this fight, he would go for the instant win Superman killing Sonic grenade. "Maybe he was out?" I dont recall him using his superman killing sonic grenades that often in the storyline. He didnt use them on every villian. If he carries them around normally, he would have used them. This means that BATMAN DOESNT HAVE IT NORMALLY. People say that in the time it takes for beast to move to rip his head off, Batman can pull a grenade out of his pocket and use it on Beast. Well, Bane is alot slower than beast, and I dont care how tired Batman was, if he had the strength to walk and talk, he can grab something out of his pocket and use it. And you cant say Nightfall was PIS, because its a big story arc and important in the Bat's career. The truth is, Batman doesnt carry around that kind of weaponry on a day to day basis, and in this NO PREP fight, he wont have them. Even if he did have them on him, BANE had plenty of time to break Batman before he used them, so BEAST, whose alot faster than Bane, would have plenty of time as well. THE END

jinzin
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/c1/Batman497.png/383px-Batman497.png
Something along the lines of this...

it's amazing how you still the lack the understanding of how little validity that incident actually has as compared to this fight.... What the f**k?

jinzin
This is funny, that batman fans dont see the pics. I see them fine. They are pics of Batman getting broken by Bane.

Lets put this in perspective.

Flash Grenade + Sonic Attack is an instant win.
Batman used this on Superman.

Ok, lets take that supposed fact, and apply it.

Bane broke Batman's back and laughed about it.
Wait, I can hear the wind talking to me, it says "Batman was tried he had no sleep for a week and was fighting badguys?"
Well, how much effort does it take to throw down a sonic grenade? Youd think if he was tired in this fight, he would go for the instant win Superman killing Sonic grenade. "Maybe he was out?" I dont recall him using his superman killing sonic grenades that often in the storyline. He didnt use them on every villian. If he carries them around normally, he would have used them. This means that BATMAN DOESNT HAVE IT NORMALLY. People say that in the time it takes for beast to move to rip his head off, Batman can pull a grenade out of his pocket and use it on Beast. Well, Bane is alot slower than beast, and I dont care how tired Batman was, if he had the strength to walk and talk, he can grab something out of his pocket and use it. And you cant say Nightfall was PIS, because its a big story arc and important in the Bat's career. The truth is, Batman doesnt carry around that kind of weaponry on a day to day basis, and in this NO PREP fight, he wont have them. Even if he did have them on him, BANE had plenty of time to break Batman before he used them, so BEAST, whose alot faster than Bane, would have plenty of time as well. THE END

why doesn't he? he's used those weapons a number of times on the fly in the past...hell it's even been DESCRIBED as part of his day to day arsenal... why doesn't he get what's been alloted to him? cause you don't like it?...if you have such a problem with batman's arsenal make a beast vs. bruce wayne thread.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Onikirimaru
If he does, the how come he doesnt use it every day, day in and day out? Why doesnt he ditch the batarangs in favor of carrying around sonic grenades?

jinzin
what do you mean if?.....he's got em get over it....

by that same notion, why doesn't he just glide around in his batwing jet to every fight (like with penguin, joker, henchmen etc) like he did when he tussled with GL? why doesn't he just get his batmobile to arrive to the field and blow the hell out of his opponents like he did with amazo? why doesn't he use bat-grenades to blow the shit out of his street-level opponents? why doesn't he run around in a mech suit similar to iron man, like in kingdom come? why doesn't he just pay people to make up a "bat-army" for him so he can have subjects like in the continuation of the dark knight returns?

seriously there's easier ways to go about doing the things he does but he takes his persuit against crime at a very personal mano y mano type of level... doesn't mean he doesn't have the things he has at his own disposal.

Juntai
Batman's EVERYDAY arsenal is described both in DC Heros and The Batman Handbook: The Ultimate Training Manual, and both of the versions include his different types of bombs/granades/bangs...There is also slots left for the extra "plot device" equipment that he does randomly use.

Onikirimaru
Maybe the sonic device is expensive and he doesnt want to break it.

Draco69
He's a billionare...richer than Stark.

xmarksthespot
The unactivated Danger Room is by appearance approximately 80ft in diameter. In my view they'd start equidistant from each other and from the walls - so they're approximately 25ft apart. Beast sprints at 60ft a second, he can cover 25ft in a standing broad jump, he is on Batman before Batman has a chance to do anything. At which point Batman has his face eaten off.

jinzin
again..... batman deals with manbat's flight speed just fine..I think he can handle beast... he was fast enough to react to an attacking supes AND wonderwoman for god sakes....

brainchild81
Neither of whom was going as fast as they can, right?

jinzin
yet both of whom should have taken him down before he could even react going by the arguments presented here...

xmarksthespot
It appears you're saying Wonder Woman and Superman aren't fast enough to take down Batman because for some inane reason he's managed to react to them before.

Is it that hard to say "Batman loses."? I know the first time is always the hardest but... go on... I'll say it with you if it helps.

jinzin
things are not always what they appear...but then again you do make a rather bad habbit of reading too much into my posts to get what I'm actually trying to imply.

I would say batman loses..I have said it..it's just that i don't think he'll lose against beast...

beast hits him...nothing happens...
beast claws him....nothing happens....

the major argument that's been presented here is that beast is going to hit batman before batman can even react...I'vesaid it before I'll say it agian...it takes him relatively no time at all to pull out his toys... once fighting a meta human with invunerability, batman leaped back into the air chucked 3 batarangs, then pulled out and threw 2 grenades, then had another couple batarangs in his hands ready before he hit the ground... jump in the air and tell me how long that lasts...it isn't a lot of time to do something like that...but batman pulled it off...

my whole point with the superman/wonder woman thing is that batman's delt with FARRRR faster people than beast and done just fine...I keep arguing that I think manbat can cover more ground in flight than beast can on the ground (I mean he covered half of gotham in about 20 minutes....if that) and batman deals with his speed just fine... yet people keep ignoring my examples or trying to discredit them...as they continuosly attempt to discredit his arsenal...I mean the guy has friggin batarang swords that he keeps in his belt...BS or not..it's just part of who the guy is...

beast is not going to nail batman so fast batman's at a loss..if my some miracle he did..the likelyhood of him being able to incpacitate batman before batman gassed him are less than slim....

xmarksthespot
Which part of this post is so hard to comprehend.
The unactivated Danger Room is by appearance approximately 80ft in diameter. In my view they'd start equidistant from each other and from the walls - so they're approximately 25ft apart. Beast sprints at 60ft a second, he can cover 25ft in a standing broad jump, he is on Batman before Batman has a chance to do anything. At which point Batman has his face eaten off. I'd wager having your face eaten off would incapacitate a person.
By bringing this into the argument:
my whole point with the superman/wonder woman thing is that batman's delt with FARRRR faster people than beast and done just fine...It appears you're implying that Batman can deal with people as fast as Wonder Woman or Superman and do "just fine", in which case how am I misreading.

You tend to say "Batman loses... BUT..." rather than just leaving things at "Batman loses."

jinzin
the chances of beast knowing that batman's face is the only real vulnerable part to attack, eat, is beyond slim..that's preordained knowledge..might as well give batman prep... roll eyes (sarcastic)

I'm saying that superman moves a superhuman speeds, even when holding back..so does and DID wonderwoman..neigther was faster than batman could handle... all i'm saying is exactly what I said before....he's dealt with faster.

xmarksthespot
Preordained knowledge? Is Beast an idiot? I see Batman has an opening in his face. I attack it.

You're still saying that Batman can deal with Wonder Woman/Superman level superhuman speeds... erm

jinzin
beast is no idiot..but how many fights start out with somebody attacking an opening in his face...even his damned rogues don't usually go for that right off the bat..and they're evil geniouses....it's ridiculous....

and no...I'm saying that like you and me superman and WW can increase and reduce speed...however when they are moving in flight with motion blurs behind them and batman's still fast enough to react I have to assume that he just reacted to super speed...i've noticed you haven't yet responded to the man bat thing.... is it because you know there is no response to give I wonder... is if because you know it thrashes beast's speed argument completely?

xmarksthespot
beast is no idiot..but how many fights start out with somebody attacking an opening in his face...even his damned rogues don't usually go for that right off the bat..and they're evil geniouses....it's ridiculous....

and no...I'm saying that like you and me superman and WW can increase and reduce speed...however when they are moving in flight with motion blurs behind them and batman's still fast enough to react I have to assume that he just reacted to super speed...i've noticed you haven't yet responded to the man bat thing.... is it because you know there is no response to give I wonder... is if because you know it thrashes beast's speed argument completely? Your Man Bat argument is for Batman in a large open area. Beast has but to move about 25 ft, which he can do in less than a second, in the confines of the Danger Room. Also you've given no conclusive info on the speed of Man Bat's flight. Batman's rogues don't attack his face because Batman would die and the comic would end.

jinzin
no it's not... my man bat argument is for batman's reaction time versus something coming in from high speeds.... he HAS fought man bat in a sewer before and he did just fine with his limited space to dodge.. dive...leap...etc....

well like I said he DID cover half of gotham in about 20 minutes..if that... that's pretty damned fast considerinf how big gotham is....

apparently beast is now faster than flash who oops..has been tripped up by batman too...roll eyes (sarcastic)

8bitChris
Batman is a walking form PIS.

I've said it before and i'll say it again.

You want to know how good Batman is? Ask anyone, and I mean anyone which Super Hero they would like to be and 99% of the replies wont be Batman.

jinzin

You want to know how good Batman is? Ask anyone, and I mean anyone which Super Hero they would like to be and 99% of the replies wont be Batman.

clearly the best way to determine batman's quality... roll eyes (sarcastic)

xmarksthespot
no it's not... my man bat argument is for batman's reaction time versus something coming in from high speeds.... he HAS fought man bat in a sewer before and he did just fine with his limited space to dodge.. dive...leap...etc....

well like I said he DID cover half of gotham in about 20 minutes..if that... that's pretty damned fast considerinf how big gotham is....

apparently beast is now faster than flash who oops..has been tripped up by batman too...roll eyes (sarcastic) Why the hell would Beast have to be faster than Flash? Are you saying that Batman reacts fast enough to take down Flash? erm
This is heading into the realms of ridiculous.

Dizzle

Sweet, I'm 1%... But it's really not so much of a want as a...
I am Batman. batman Roar.

Because of confined spaces, Beast 7/10.

With a larger space between them at the start, Batman 7/10.

Cityscape, starting without being able to see each other) Batman 9/10. Stealth rules.

jinzin
Why the hell would Beast have to be faster than Flash? Are you saying that Batman reacts fast enough to take down Flash? erm
This is heading into the realms of ridiculous.

I'm saying he HAS reacted fast eough to trip a moving flash...

did I say flash was running all out? no...

did i say he was using 50% of his speed? no..

I said he was fast enough to trip the man... call it pis if you wanna..and I know you do, but the man did it..

if batman was so slow to react to such things how come he can dodge (yes DODGE) gunfire from an entire swat team?

give the man credit.

8bitChris
Beast would totally smell Batman.

And Batman would probably smell like Robin.

8bitChris
clearly the best way to determine batman's quality... roll eyes (sarcastic)

There are other ways. The rolling eyes emoticon isn't one of them.

How about making a Superman versus Batman thread? Batman isn't allowed prep and they just meet on the street and go at it not knowing anything about each other.

That's one way to determine his quality.

xmarksthespot
I'm saying he HAS reacted fast eough to trip a moving flash...

did I say flash was running all out? no...

did i say he was using 50% of his speed? no..

I said he was fast enough to trip the man... call it pis if you wanna..and I know you do, but the man did it..

if batman was so slow to react to such things how come he can dodge (yes DODGE) gunfire from an entire swat team?

give the man credit. You're right, I do call the Flash thing PIS. Have a cookie.
How fast was Flash running? Let me guess... just faster than Beast?

Captain America avoids gunfire too... strangely enough the bullets either miss him or strike the shield. Funny that.

Which one of Beast and Batman has superhuman reflexes? Oh that's right Beast.

jinzin
There are other ways. The rolling eyes emoticon isn't one of them.

How about making a Superman versus Batman thread? Batman isn't allowed prep and they just meet on the street and go at it not knowing anything about each other.

That's one way to determine his quality.

cause he gets punched out by superman...all that says is he is no superman in a 1on 1 fight..but hell a TON and a half of heroes WITH powers would fair about the same so that's really not any point at all...

jinzin
You're right, I do call the Flash thing PIS. Have a cookie.
How fast was Flash running? Let me guess... just faster than Beast?

Captain America avoids gunfire too... strangely enough the bullets either miss him or strike the shield. Funny that.

Which one of Beast and Batman has superhuman reflexes? Oh that's right Beast.

superhuman reflexes that can't do JACK against a super sonic...

flash was runnin fast enough to cause a red-streak.... thing is... you guys are saying that beast can apparently move faster and more accurately than all these opponents I've given examples of..and bullets.... What the f**k? i disagree...big time.

8bitChris
cause he gets punched out by superman...all that says is he is no superman in a 1on 1 fight..but hell a TON and a half of heroes WITH powers would fair about the same so that's really not any point at all...

It establishes his power level. But you're right, most Marvel Heroes would fare the same way. It was just one of the ways you could establish his quality.

Or you just can make up stuff for him to do like the writers always do. Since he doesn't have any powers and needs to keep up so DC can keep milking that cash cow.

jinzin
yeah he definitely can't handle a speedster....pfffft.

8bitChris
We're not saying Beast is faster than Flash or Superman. We're saying Beast is faster than Batman and "should" be written and debated that way.

jinzin
It establishes his power level. But you're right, most Marvel Heroes would fare the same way. It was just one of the ways you could establish his quality.

Or you just can make up stuff for him to do like the writers always do. Since he doesn't have any powers and needs to keep up so DC can keep milking that cash cow.

okay at this point what exactly are you even trying to argue here?

8bitChris
yeah he definitely can't handle a speedster....pfffft.

Like I said....a walking form of PIS.

What happend to the good ol' Gotham days?

jinzin
to which i agree most definitely...

is beast faster than batman..yes... very much so....

is beast faster than batman is capable of reacting? HELL....NO...

xmarksthespot
Meh... convincing you that Batman loses anything is like convincing the tide not to come in...

jinzin
and I know this is random as hell and more relatable to the bat's spidey thread..but damn if there was any question as tohow hard batman can hit..there really shouldn't be now...

8bitChris
*sighs*

jinzin
Meh... convincing you that Batman loses anything is like convincing the tide not to come in...

that's such a load of bullshit.... I'm not convinced that batman will be beaten by spiderman or beast... doesn't mean i think batman OWNS all...

again... stuffing words and ideals into my character that I never made nor supported...whatever.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Dizzle
Sweet, I'm 1%... But it's really not so much of a want as a...
I am Batman. batman Roar.

Because of confined spaces, Beast 7/10.

With a larger space between them at the start, Batman 7/10.

Cityscape, starting without being able to see each other) Batman 9/10. Stealth rules.

Ya know, Beast does have enhanced superhuman senses. It would be as if Batman was sneaking up on Wolverine. It isn't happening. Stealth is not an option in this fight.

Confined space: 9/10
Larger space between them: 5/10
Cityscape (Which would also aid Beast in the use of debris as weapons or cover, so it's not just good for Batman): 5/10

But, since this thread is them in a confined space, Beast wins 9/10.

xmarksthespot
Answer me these:
Batman vs TK Psylocke if she doesn't use her long range TK on him directly?
Batman vs Wonder Woman if she's "holding back"?
Batman vs Flash if he's "holding back"?

jinzin
toss up...though I lean towards psylocke as i did in the psy vs. wolvie thread.

wonder woman as proven...

flash as proven...wait how much holding back, he's shown that his immaturity can often get him into stupid situations where's he loses...

xmarksthespot
So Batman doesn't deal with Wonder Woman with ease and do just fine? And Batman doesn't deal with Flash with ease and do just fine?

jinzin
no not in a fight..he doesn't do just fine..but he has proven to be fast enough to react to both of them to some extents and on multiple occasions while moving at super human speeds...hell he's reacted fast enough to supes who had the red-streak behind him while in flgiht..while in a confined space... huh yet beast is going to be more impressive than that? again you're making my arguments out to be something they aren't stop reading so much into them.

xmarksthespot
I'm saying that superman moves a superhuman speeds, even when holding back..so does and DID wonderwoman..neigther was faster than batman could handle... all i'm saying is exactly what I said before....he's dealt with faster. So Batman doesn't just deal with these speedsters? What happened to the jinzin from a few pages ago...?

jinzin
what the hell are you talking about?

xmarksthespot
By your own words Superman and Wonderwoman when holding back can be "dealt with" by Batman. People must be as fast as or faster than Flash to even get a hit on Batman - whom Batman can trip up because he reacts so fast.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>