Colossus vs. Vision

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wonderman
Vision has a great intangible defense.
Still he'd have to be tangible to fire his bead or punch.
he'd prob. need both to stand against Peter.
So who wins?

Wynndar
Vision could engage Colossus hand to hand in his superdense form.

who?-kid
Did anybody read that X-Men comic in which the X-Men fought the Avengers in that evil wizzards era ? Yeah it's complicated I know, but anyway, Colossus and Vision fought, and they both killed each other.

armandovalles
Vision at max density can lift around 250 tons cuz it states that at max he weighs 90 tons and lifts almost 3 times that much.

Wickerman
Originally posted by who?-kid
Did anybody read that X-Men comic in which the X-Men fought the Avengers in that evil wizzards era ? Yeah it's complicated I know, but anyway, Colossus and Vision fought, and they both killed each other.

I'm probably horribly mistaking this.....as i recall i remember something similar to what you say, where colossus got stabbed from behind with some kind of energy.....sword thingy....not sure what it was though.....
Can't tell you what the comic was, since i was a kid when i read it and haven't read it since. I also recall Spiderman in that comic....

~wickerman~

who?-kid
Originally posted by Wickerman
I'm probably horribly mistaking this.....as i recall i remember something similar to what you say, where colossus got stabbed from behind with some kind of energy.....sword thingy....not sure what it was though.....
Can't tell you what the comic was, since i was a kid when i read it and haven't read it since. I also recall Spiderman in that comic....

~wickerman~
It was in X-Men 188-189 and so on... The sorcerer was of course Kulan Gath, I don't remember Colossus being stabbed by some kind of energy (yeah, in a much older comic, when he almost died, I think it was that annoying Deathbird who stabbed him) but I could be wrong of course.

You're right about SM, he was there, had a great guest appearance and died a truly horrible way... sad

jplatinum
If colossus can get in a few solid hits then fights is over, but he has to get pass vision's manhunter like defense style.

Wickerman
Originally posted by who?-kid
It was in X-Men 188-189 and so on... The sorcerer was of course Kulan Gath, I don't remember Colossus being stabbed by some kind of energy (yeah, in a much older comic, when he almost died, I think it was that annoying Deathbird who stabbed him) but I could be wrong of course.

You're right about SM, he was there, had a great guest appearance and died a truly horrible way... sad

If Spidey died by being all twistey and bendy and like....stretched or....something....can't quite put it properly laughing out loud then that's the one i mean. And i might be mixing the two up. Thanks for the info btw thumb up

~wickerman~

golem370
Who's been around longer Vision or Manhunter?

Draco69
Manhunter. Vision came around the late 60s. or early 70s. Manhunters been around alot earlier.

In comics, Manhunter is several centuries old.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Draco69
Manhunter. Vision came around the late 60s. or early 70s. Manhunters been around alot earlier.

In comics, Manhunter is several centuries old.

I was under the impression he's as old in the toons as well. When he's fighting Morgan La Fey and she gives him that illusion that he's back home and all.....errr......nevermind

~wickerman~

Draco69
The toons are wrong about most things.

Scoobless
MM is older than VIsion.... but MM is pretty much a copy of an earlier Marvel character also called VIsion... which is who the current Vision is based on...even though Visions body was (i think) built using the Android Human Torch's body.... which, i think, is older than MM

Draco69
The android was built in the early 1900s, just before WWII.

MM's been around for centuries. Several in fact.

Scoobless
i meant in terms of comic chronology

RogerRamjet

~wickerman~

woha! that was like the mid-eighties, where everybody had these alternative personnas and costumes, right?

Wonderman
Everyone was transformed like in House of M. Only into like drug addict like look and manner.
You just thought Peter died when Magik stabbed him with her Soulsword. She's his sister by the way.(Illyian Rasputian) Her sword can break any magic spell.
That Sorcerer was working with The Black Queen as his Commander of the new word order.

who?-kid
If Spidey died by being all twistey and bendy and like....stretched or....something....can't quite put it properly laughing out loud then that's the one i mean. And i might be mixing the two up. Thanks for the info btw thumb up

~wickerman~
You're welcome, but Spider-Man was crucified... sad a black day for all the Spider-Man fans.

willRules
Vision wins this one

Metalmanx
I think Colossus could take him.

It's not like hasn't fought someone exactly like him before (Shinobi Shaw and Shadowcat). I think he knows how to handle them pretty well.

Colossus is definitely no slouch.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Metalmanx
It's not like hasn't fought someone exactly like him before (Shinobi Shaw and Shadowcat).

those people only have one aspect of the Vision's abilities... and not half of his mental capacity or resourcefulness

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Scoobless
those people only have one aspect of the Vision's abilities... and not half of his mental capacity or resourcefulness

I agree that Vision is quite resourceful and has quite the mental capacity, but I believe you're short-changing Shinobi and Shadowcat. I think they're just as resourceful and quick-minded actually.

long pig
Vision was hurting Classic Jugs by phasing in and out of him.

Colossus would straight up die if Vision did the same to him.

ImmortalOne
Phasing in and out a male !!!! Doesnt that sound a bit.......... homosexual...... ??

Metalmanx
Originally posted by long pig
Vision was hurting Classic Jugs by phasing in and out of him.

Colossus would straight up die if Vision did the same to him.

No way. I won't believe that.

Vision was hurting CLASSIC JUGGERNAUT? The same CLASSIC JUGGERNAUT that can't be harmed/damaged at all?

Clearly something is wrong here.

ImmortalOne
Yeah, and Colossus is gay !!!

long pig
Originally posted by ImmortalOne
Phasing in and out a male !!!! Doesnt that sound a bit.......... homosexual...... ??
laughing Very.

Originally posted by Metalmanx
No way. I won't believe that.

Vision was hurting CLASSIC JUGGERNAUT? The same CLASSIC JUGGERNAUT that can't be harmed/damaged at all?

Clearly something is wrong here.
I'm not so sure Jug -can't- feel pain, it's just nearly impossible to do it by brute force. But by incredibly precise ways, i.e vision/nimrod, it's possible.

Incredible Hulk #403

Colossus is dead.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by long pig
laughing Very.

I'm not so sure Jug -can't- feel pain, it's just nearly impossible to do it by brute force. But by incredibly precise ways, i.e vision/nimrod, it's possible.

Incredible Hulk #403

Colossus is dead.

Unless via psychic/cosmic/reality warping powers are attacking Classic Juggernaut, NOTHING harms him. And that's just the way it is.

Actually, even then there's a chance it doesn't really hurt him at all. I refer back to when Juggy was reduced to a mere skeleton and still kept moving and fighting and such. As if he was unaffected in the slightest.

But I can see when I'm beaten though. I suppose Colossus might have his hands full here. I dunno though, I'm not completely surrendering. I think this could still be a great fight.

KillAll
Juggernaut wasnt hurt by vision wink, he didnt scream in pain, he had a surprised look on his face though. and vision didnt phase in and out of him, he stuck his hand in once, and didnt get to materialize it anyway... a bit of false information?? i think so...

long pig
Originally posted by KillAll
Juggernaut wasnt hurt by vision wink, he didnt scream in pain, he had a surprised look on his face though. and vision didnt phase in and out of him, he stuck his hand in once, and didnt get to materialize it anyway... a bit of false information?? i think so...
What exactly did you say that was different than what I said?

leonidas
in xmen 191 vizh phased him and they both blew up. why? i don't have any idea, but it happened. anyone else know the reason?

when v is intangible, c can't hurt him. when v is at max density, c can't hurt him. v can also fly and has energy powers. c is a tough bastard, no doubt, but i think v is too diverse. he's also immensely intelligent and has led the avengers. unless c can come up with a clever plan, i can't see colossus winning more than 3/10.

snoopdogg
I think the fight would be pretty even. Vision in dense form can take alot of damage but so can Colossus. Colossus is stronger than Vision but Vision can fly. Colossus is actually one of the more intellegent strong guys.

I dont thing Visions energy blast are enough to hurt Colossus. I am trying to find a way to where they can actually hurt each other. But I would thing Colossus can take more damage than Vision even in his dense form.

Tough call.

Scoobless
Originally posted by KillAll
Juggernaut wasnt hurt by vision wink, he didnt scream in pain

perhaps.... but Wonderman did when Vision used that attack on him.... and he may be even tougher skinned than Colossus

snoopdogg
I dont know if WM would be more durable than Colossus. But who knows.

He shrugged Wolverine off while he was slashing at him repeatedly with his claws.

OneDumbG0
The Kulan Gath storyline that you are referring to did have Vision engaging Colussus directly. Kulan Gath is a super class sorcerer and has transformed the world with the Slaver masterspell and has brought everyone from Scarlet Witch, to Xavier to the Morlocks under his power and changed the world to reflect medievil times. He's imprisoned Dr. Strange and basically the X-Men and Avengers are fighting him as resistance fighters. The only difference being, that nobody except the New Mutants' Warlock and Storm know that the world is under a spell.

Colussus is on the good guy side and in a thought bubble engages Vision (who hasn't lost his emotions at this point and is completely under the thrall of Gath and pretty vicious too). Colossus believes Vision to be as hard as a diamond and that only he in his solid steel form had the strength to match him and protect his comrades. Vision stalemates with him. In the endgame battle in Kulan Gath's throne room though, Vision decides to faze immaterial and shoves both arms into Colossus. He fazes solid and they both explode in shards killing a bunch of heroes around them. It was described as 'unfortunately neither could bear the strain from the two...'

This is when Spidey from his crucifix, breaks free after seeing Cap go down and tries to tell everyone the source of Kulan Gath's power. But Gath ridicules him and says nobody but you can comprehend English anyway and kills him brutally (previously, Spidey was responsible for imprisoning him and Gath really had it in for Spidey). Fortunately for the Marvel Universe, Storm and Warlock were watching and understood Spidey and managed to wrest it from him. Dr. Strange freed, then used Illyana's time/limbo powers to try to warp time and prevent Gath's amulet from ever being charged in the first place.

Definitely a cool take on how each would fare if they both decided to go all out. And definitely appears to be source material for the present House of M storyline. It was pretty shocking considering the carnage wreaked. Both sides remembered it happened also at the end. I'll try and scan if I still have the comic...

OneDumbG0
Here's the first of 2 scans on what a Colossus v Vision fight would turn out like:

OneDumbG0
And here's the second and final tragic picture:

Scoobless
hmmm... i could understand a strain... but i don't get why they explode

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.