Down with Governor Kathleen Blanco!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
Who's with me?! She's the one to blame for the debacle of the Hurricane. Poor, poor preparation.

BackFire
I'll pass, I'm sick of everyone playing the blame game.

People should worry about the well being and the rescue of the victims still stranded, the children seperated from their parents, etc, rather then throwing blame around every chance they get.

Poor priorities, it seems.

I'll worry about who's to blame when the time is right, which isn't now.

Draco69
Admirable. But as long as Blanco gets removed from office.

Ronny
Thats just what they need now.. more government abandonment roll eyes (sarcastic) Keep her in, god, if i knew my state was going underwater i wouldnt be able to make a decision like she was supposed to, the only thig you should be blaming is the hurricane, no human being could stop that messed

Draco69
She couldn't stop it...but she sure as could have prepared for it. Buses and trains for evacuation. First Aid stations at safe locations. Food and water at safe locations.

Not "Oh well folks. Y'all better leave."

GuitarBunny
yes things could have been done better but, i wouldn't blame this on Kathleen Blanco confused

fini
Hey those of us who cant help, what are we supposed to do?

WE CALL for those who f*cked up to step forward and accept their incompetance and face the consequences.

BackFire
How about you just sit and hope that people survive safely and are rescued without worrying immediately about throwing blame around every chance you get.

In other words, get your priorities straight, that's what you can do. Now's not the time to blame anyone.

playmean
not to mention it's quite difficult getting any assistance to those who need it when people are attempting to gun down helicopters with assault rifles. that place is a real mess. confused

fini
OOO I have done that, I dont think I've switched from the news stations since previous Saturday. I've been moved to tears almost every night for the past week, being sad and angry about the injustice done to those thousands of people.

The other night they had a montage of scenes with the Hallelujah song that played in Shrek 2( I'm not christian, so thats the only place I know it from) and I broke down. Dont even let me hear Amazing grace either.

When you've finished being sad, you get angry, so I guess that where a lot of people are drawing their emotions from now.

BackFire
And these people drawing from emotions are not making rational, logical decisions and should not be listened to. A decision made through emotion is more then likely going to be a bad decision.
A major flaw in the news stations, they're catering to peoples emotions by doing the types of things you're describing, I'm glad I haven't been watching the shitty news on TV who's priority is to hook people in through emotional tactics rather then give them straight forward objective news. Playing songs over sad pictures is not something a serious news channel/program should/would do.

Something else to consider is that, technically speaking, it's far to early to really KNOW who's to blame just yet, not nearly enough objective, valid information is present to distinguish who exactly may be to blame. For now, if you must blame someone to satisfy whatever primative anger you're feeling, blame mother nature for making a huge tornado, or blame whoever thought it was a good idea to build a city under sea level.

fini
Nah I'll never blame Mother Nature. Hurricanes, earthquakes and tornadoes have been around for millions and millions of years. Just because they affect people now, is no reason to curse our 'mother'

And DO remember that New Orleans wasn't always beneath sea level. And what does it matter, There are other cities who know they are vunerable by being below sea level and take the necessary steps to prevent serious damage. If people want to live there then MAKE sure its safe to live there.

And whats wrong with being irrational? ITs a nature human response, some will get over it in a matter of mins, while others take days/weeks and so on.

ANYWAYs, the people who are affected by this, would want to see that steps are being taken to prevent a similiar event from taking place ever again. Right now everyone is focused on relief, GREAT, thats excellent, but what happens when all of that settles? The right people must be kept on their toes, to ensure they dont forget, and that they MAKE the changes necessary.

BackFire
Irrationality leads to bad decisions, bad decisions lead to more problems then answers and hurts more then it fixes. Irrationality is fine, however if you're going to base your decisions off of irrational emotional responses then it becomes dangerous.

ElectricBugaloo
All I know is that she did more than the federal government did in the first 3 or 4 days. Even though, as NOAA said, "WATER SHORTAGES WILL MAKE HUMAN SUFFERING INCREDIBLE BY MODERN STANDARDS." Before the hurricane actually hit.

And, hey, since the government is fully capable of doing two things at once (an investigation, granted, ti's completely GOP controlled) and doing the relief effort, I think that we the public can also.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.