David Sedaris - Naked

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ElectricBugaloo
Quite possibly the funniest book I have ever read. It is, however, not suitable for kids. If my life were half as interesting as Sedaris' then I would be happy. It's not, though. Too bad.

After reading "A Plague of Tics" (one of the short stories), I couldn't stop laughing.

BadKitty
Originally posted by ElectricBugaloo
Quite possibly the funniest book I have ever read. It is, however, not suitable for kids. If my life were half as interesting as Sedaris' then I would be happy. It's not, though. Too bad.

After reading "A Plague of Tics" (one of the short stories), I couldn't stop laughing. I've been dying to read some of his stuff! I am so glad to hear a review on his work because I was gonna take a crap shoot and buy his stuff solely on his rep..also because his sister is also a comedy genius.

supertruper
Originally posted by BadKitty
I've been dying to read some of his stuff! I am so glad to hear a review on his work because I was gonna take a crap shoot and buy his stuff solely on his rep..also because his sister is also a comedy genius.

I love David Sedaris - I've read most of Naked, all of Me Talk Pretty One Day (which is the one I most highly recommend) and then the newer one about something Cordurory. He's got such original fresh wit - love him.

BadKitty
Originally posted by supertruper
I love David Sedaris - I've read most of Naked, all of Me Talk Pretty One Day (which is the one I most highly recommend) and then the newer one about something Cordurory. He's got such original fresh wit - love him. I took your advice and picked up 'me talk pretty one day' and you were so right,Its awesome!

I was new york city and wanted a souvenir...it's funny I bought that book instead..just felt like the right thing to do while there..after reading it I couldn't have picked anything better!

he totally nailed the new york ambiance...and i love hearing him talk about amy..I always thought she was hilarious but now I swear I think she was just born to be witty,just like david.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
'Me Talk Pretty One Day' was fun, but a little too pink for my licking...

(Please note the Freudian slip)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.