Madness

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wonderer
Who here also suffer from mental problems? Have you got any eccentricities like ticks,

obsessions, mental disorders, irrational fears, etc.?

I have this obsessive-compulsive thing with my hands: I would play with my fingers and make

every possible entangling movement that fingers can make, rubbing them against each other to

the point that they start bleeding - I don't work much with my hands, but it looks like that

of a car mechanic. I have this breathing-rhythm tick: I always breath in and out in rhythms

and make funny muscle-spasmic movements with my chest - can't help it...it's so obsessive

and I stress about it when I don't do them for a few minutes. I have a social phobia as

well - I never go to parties or social functions...the only people I socially interact with

are my wife and daughter. I don't like talking to other people directly - at work I use the

phone and email rather...hellish communication fear. I'm addicted to cigarettes, prescription drugs and I must drink a glass or two of wine every night. I also have depression and anxiety disorder, delusions of grandeur and I don't like other people being aware of me.

Tell me about your weird mental condition.

Wonderer
I also have this obsession to read every piece of text in my immediate environment, like signs, names on things, number plates - then I also rearrange the letters and or numbers to make different combinations. I do this so much that I can't concentrate on anything else.

finti
Our house it has a crowd
There's always something happening
And it's usually quite loud
Our mum she's so house-proud
Nothing ever slows her down
And a mess is not allowed

Our house, in the middle of our street
Our house, in the middle of our ...

Wonderer
Hidden madness in the everyday?

finti
Madness

Surrounded by his past
On a short white line
He sits while cars pass
Either side
Takes his time
Trying to remember
One better day
A while ago when people stopped
To hear him say

Walking 'round you sometimes
Hear the sunshine
Beating down in time with the
Rhythm of your shoes

bilb
Originally posted by Wonderer

Tell me about your weird mental condition.

not enough space stick out tongue

seriously no expression

Wonderer
Are you shy?

finti
Tongue-tied, I'm short of breath, don't even try
Try a little harder
Something's wrong, you're not naive, you must be strong
Ooh, baby, try
Hey girl, move a little closer.
You're
Too shy shy
Hush hush, eye to eye
Too shy shy
Hush hush, eye to eye
Too shy shy
Hush hush, eye to eye
Too shy shy
Hush hush - Kajagoogoo

debbiejo
I think many people have a little something at one time or another...I have a friend who is agoraphobic..She was abused sexually when she was younger....She has to take the back roads everywhere...Has a hard time when anyone else drives...takes forever to go somewhere with her...she always needs to feel save and have an out..even driving...we have to be in the right land....Boy it's hard for her to be in a left turn lane...She is also..a compulsive clean freak...She has lot's of problems but is still very fun....I finally had to distance myself from her because she was counting on me toooo much and it sucked the energy out of me....we are still friends though...Sometimes her temper would flair and she would scream at her family when I didn't think they deserved it....That was hard to be around...At one time she wouldn't leave her house and such for a long time...she used to smoke and I was surprised that she could give that up...She doesn't take the recommend dosage of her meds...too low......

I myself at one time suffered from depression for a few years...didn't know what it was...or why it was happening....until I figured it out ..was able to see beyond that and move on.. ,,

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.