Bull Sharks!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
there are bull sharks swimming down residential streets in new orleans. did you guys hear about this? i heard about the alligators, but this is mind blowing.

Leo.M
Didn't know till now

jaden101
heard about it...aren't bull sharks supposed to be in the gulf of mexico...given that it was the levvies from lake pontchartrain that failed then unless they swim in there too then i cant see how this is true cause i'm pretty sure that the gulf levvies didn't fail

bilb
no i hadnt heard about it but it doesnt surprise me

KharmaDog
From http://urbanlegends.about.com

Once again more hysteria.

botankus
Okay, who's the resident KMC shark expert? I know there's only like 5 or 6 sharks in that vicinity that are any potential threat to man, and I believe the bull shark is one of them. I remember reading that tiger sharks were responsible for the most attacks.

KharmaDog
Bull sharks are responsible for the most attacks on man worldwide. This is because of a few reasons. One they are widely distributed around the globe, two they can and do frequent fresh water thereby further extending their range and possible contact with people, and finally they have the highest levels of testosterone than any other creature on earth making them very aggressive.

Tiger sharks are big bad mofo's that are dangerous because of their propensity to eat anything and their size. If they attack you, they wanna eat you.

Great Whites are fearsome because they are so fricken large, but in most great white attacks, it's merely a taste test. Unfortunately when something like that tastes you, you might just bleed to death.

The most dangerous shark to man is actually the oceanic white tip. This is the shark that's usually on the scene when a ship sinks, they leave very few survivors in the water. But as it has very little contact with man, few confirmed attacks are reported.

Of these species only the Bull and the Tiger are found in the gulf with any regularity. Of those two only the Bull can live in fresh water. However, any and all reports of sharks in New Orleans (except the sighting of a small 3 footer) are unsubstantiated and it is unlikely that a shark could live for long in that water which is becoming like a giant cess pool.

How's that botankus?

PVS
although it may be urban legend, freak occurances like this do happen.
check this out: http://www.sharkattackphotos.com/1916_Shark_Attack.htm

a local NJ legend which is all too true. somehow a great white managed to make its way into a small lake right by where i used to live.

KharmaDog
That story was one of the inspirations for JAWS.

finti
dam dam dam dam dam dam

debbiejo
Acapulco won't advertise, but they have one of the largest shark attacks there...I was going to travel there for the water fun...but was told toooooo many shark attacks.

Neo_Version 7
That's madness!

finti
no Madness was a British humorous pop band big grin Happy Dance

Neo_Version 7
No kidding! stick out tongue

FeceMan
Originally posted by PVS
although it may be urban legend, freak occurances like this do happen.
check this out: http://www.sharkattackphotos.com/1916_Shark_Attack.htm

a local NJ legend which is all too true. somehow a great white managed to make its way into a small lake right by where i used to live.
Sounds like Jaws...a rather good read.
Originally posted by KharmaDog
That story was one of the inspirations for JAWS.
Durh-durh-durh. Oops smile.

GCG
Originally posted by botankus
Okay, who's the resident KMC shark expert? I know there's only like 5 or 6 sharks in that vicinity that are any potential threat to man, and I believe the bull shark is one of them. I remember reading that tiger sharks were responsible for the most attacks.

yeah , sharks are a potential threat to man. They consume gasoline, burn up the atmosphere, increasing the worlds' temperature and making global warming a reality. Now they swim the streets cause the poor poor humans could not have taken care of the levees.

But dont worry ; with all that toxic brew made up of gasoline, diesel, anti-freeze, bleach, human waste, acids, alcohols and a host of other substances will kill them off and contaminate the rest of the environment roll eyes (sarcastic)

Rogue Jedi
well, i talked to a guest in my hotel just now who said that he evacuated at the last minute and he had to swim past a shark.

GCG
It could have escaped from an aquaruim

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by jaden101
heard about it...aren't bull sharks supposed to be in the gulf of mexico...given that it was the levvies from lake pontchartrain that failed then unless they swim in there too then i cant see how this is true cause i'm pretty sure that the gulf levvies didn't fail

There is a difference between them failing(which means they collapsed) and the sea water over taking them. New Orleans was like a city built inteh bottom of a cereal bowl. They stood no chance.

Capt_Fantastic
Jaws is better than Jews....right?

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
well, i talked to a guest in my hotel just now who said that he evacuated at the last minute and he had to swim past a shark.

Originally posted by GCG
It could have escaped from an aquaruim

Or he could've been mistaken, or he could of exagerated or he could be bullshitting you.

GCG
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
Jaws is better than Jews....right?

blink What are you talkin about ?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
There is a difference between them failing(which means they collapsed) and the sea water over taking them. New Orleans was like a city built inteh bottom of a cereal bowl. They stood no chance.
thats just how my friend in new orleans describes it. like living in a bowl.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by KharmaDog
Or he could've been mistaken, or he could of exagerated or he could be bullshitting you.
i dont think so. he was pretty shook up about it.

GCG
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
i dont think so. he was pretty shook up about it.

Then it must have been a loan-shark

FeceMan
I had a dream about a talking shark thanks to you guys.

PVS
Originally posted by GCG
Then it must have been a loan-shark

aye...and those black eyes roll over white and then... ah then you hear that terrible high-pitched screamin

debbiejo
Originally posted by FeceMan
I had a dream about a talking shark thanks to you guys.

laughing out loud

Inspectah Deck
Most have been a shark from the zoo

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by PVS
aye...and those black eyes roll over white and then... ah then you hear that terrible high-pitched screamin
i watched that last night!!!

GCG
im missing something here ; please enlighten me

bilb
Originally posted by PVS

laughing laughing laughing

sorry.. i know this is serious.. but this made me laugh stick out tongue

and GCG.. go watch Jaws again stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.