Horror Movie News

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

papabeard
A Blair Witch Prequel?
2005-09-08

Ed Sanchez and Dan Myrick as you may remember were the masterminds behind the "Blair Witch" phenom a few years back. Well apparently they approached Lions Gate to do a third film in the form of a prequel to give everyone some backstory on the Blair Witch tale. But Lions Gate decided to pass on the idea favouring the idea of the sequel.

But apparently he is still very keen on doing this movie, "I'm really hoping ALTERED does well enough so that LION'S GATE steps up and takes our PREQUEL idea seriously. As most of you know, last time we met they wanted to make another sequel and we all know how it went last time" Sanchez told Haxan.

Unrated Land of the Dead coming to cinemas ?
Author: MacReady , Posted: 2005-09-08, Source
Related News : Land of the Dead

Dread Central got word today that Universal is planning a re-release of George Romero's latest zombie movie "Land of the Dead" this Halloween. And the best part of this news is yet to come. Its said to come to cinemas UNRATED

There is still no official confirmation for this, The unrated DVD is set to come to shelfs October 18th.

papabeard
Dark Lot plans The Horror Chronicles

According to Variety Odd Lot Entertainment has launched a genre arm, Dark Lot Entertainment, and announced its first project. It will be a three-picture anthology titled "The Horror Chronicles." The new company will make horror, thriller and suspense movies with budgets from $3 million to $15 million.

"The Horror Chronicles" will mark the feature helming debuts of three genre scribes: Neal Marshall Stevens ("13 Ghosts"wink, Richard Jefferies ("Cold Creek Manor"wink and Art Monterastelli ("The Hunted"wink. Each will write and direct a feature. No titles for the 3 parts have been announced yet, but according to Dark Lot the three writers are already at work on their first drafts.

David Greathouse ("Even Money"wink, will produce "The Horror Chronicles" along with Deborah Del Prete and Gigi Pritzker. The film will be co-produced by Linda McDonough. Shooting on the first of the three pics is expected to start next summer in New Mexico.

This development will most likely be dissapointing

papabeard
The Changeling Remake in the works

According to THR Andrew Rona, once partnered with co-president Brad Weston at the Dimension label, is joining Rogue Pictures, the Focus Features genre film label, as president of production. What this has to do with a Changeling remake you ask? Rona will produce, acquire and release a lot of genre movies. Currently in preproduction at Rogue is the Platinum Dunes remake of "The Hitcher", and in development is a new version of "The Changeling".

If you haven't seen the original movie yet, be sure to check it out. It is one of the horror movies that inspired a lot of other films and it is definitely worth watching. The 1980 version was directed by Peter Medak and George C. Scott played the lead character.

Scott plays the role of a widower music teacher. After the death of his wife, he moves to Seattle in hopes of starting a new life in a grand old mansion. Unfortunately, his new home turns out to be haunted by the troublesome ghost of a murdered child bent on revenge after 70 years of torment.

papabeard

papabeard

BREN
if they make anything to do with the blair withch they should be killed as the 1st movie sux,the changling is i agree an awesome movie i saw it when it fist came out on video in the uk back in around 82 i own it and any1 who asks me to recomend a great ghost story thats the 1 i always suggest,remakes generally are shite with a few exceptions sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.