who played the better phsyco

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

b-dan
who played the better phsyco outt of these films

MildPossession
Psycho.

Jack out of those for me.

Deano
anthony hopkins is the scariest for me.

tabby999
there are a few on that list i love (i.e Williams in One Hour Photo, the mans suppost to be funny! FUNNY!) but Hopkins wins just because. Jack comes in second

beta-wolf_101
Hopkins hands down no one else can pull off that type intensity.

Impediment
Hopkins first, Nicholson second, Bale third. Other fantastic crazies, IMO, not on this list are Anthony Perkins for "Psycho", and Kathy Bates for "Misery".

beta-wolf_101
True she did act like a true physco but Hopkins made you believe he was pure evil.

romper_stomper
i think youve left one major psycho of the list

david hess,most noted for playing the sadistic rapist and murderer krug in last house on the left,the man has pulled of the psycho role with ultra intensity in most every movie he has been in

house on the edge of the park,hitchhike are 2 other notable roles among the many he has played

papabeard
I liked anthony perkins in Psycho

but the films on your list other than the shining are not the best examples , they all seem to be very recent releases apart from the shining

I also like John Doe in Se7en, the chilled psycho. What about Henry?

BackFire
Nicholson.

papabeard
From the list Jack Nicholson

Cinemaddiction
Hannibal Lector wasn't a psycho, per se, given he was a professor before hand, he just had a dark side that he hid very well. Perkins was the same deal, given all he did was cover up for his Mother. Nicholson would be the best of the bunch any other day, but I voted for Bale because he was much more charismatic, distant, and totally detatched. Especially how desensitized he seemed.

Deano
anyone who eats people are psychos in my book

Impediment
I still say that one of the most underrated performances ever is Bates' from "Misery".

Cinemaddiction
Kathy Bates was just obsessed a la JJL in "Single White Female".

Impediment
Being obsessed is just the icing on the cake for her kind of psychosis. Bates modeled a fantatsic example of pure, 100% schizophrenia in the role of Annie Wilkes with her complete 180 degree mood swings from caring nurse and adoring fan to tempermental critic to dangerously angry obsessive. JJL in "Single White Female" was just pantomime, IMO, compared to Bates' performance in "Misery". At the same time she showed us love and adoration while breaking the ankles of Paul Sheldon in an act of punishment and sadism.

Cinemaddiction
I didn't see it as punishment or sadism, I saw it as "there's no way in hell you're leaving me". Unless we're talking about how she didn't like the way the book ended.

MetalHeart
christian bale

romper_stomper
another couple of memorable screen psycho`s i just thought of

jason`s mother in the first friday the 13th(cant remember her real name now though)

joe spinell as the ultra creepy ultra sleazy psycho slasher frank zito in maniac

ike and addly from mothers day-the funniest screen psycho`s ever

b-dan
i like anthony than keanu reeves he was good in the watcher well i thougth he was and then jack

Impediment
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Unless we're talking about how she didn't like the way the book ended.

Are you referring to the way that Paul Sheldon wrote the last Misery novel that made Annie "snap", CD? If so, then I agree. What I meant was her love and adoration for Sheldon taking a "sadistic turn" at that point in the novel written by King, s'all. wink

beta-wolf_101
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Hannibal Lector wasn't a psycho, per se, given he was a professor before hand, he just had a dark side that he hid very well.
No no no no no NO! You will noticed that when most physcos are discovered its a huge surprise. A true sign of a physco is he or she is able to hide it from even their closest relatives and friends.

Impediment
Originally posted by beta-wolf_101
No no no no no NO! You will noticed that when most physcos are discovered its a huge surprise. A true sign of a physco is he or she is able to hide it from even their closest relatives and friends.

That is exactly what Lecter did. He hosted a dinner party to his colleauges and served them human flesh, complimentys of Benjamin Raspell of the orchestra in which Lecter found Raspell's musician's skills less than necessary.

papabeard
The definition of a psycho, is someone who does not have the capacity to feel compassion or feelings for other human beings and their suffering, a person who has no conscience(sp?). IMO Lecter would definetly come under this category, also due to the fact that he cut the top of Ray Liottas head off and cooked and served him his own brain, that sounds pretty psychotic to me laughing out loud

Deano
the woman from misery was definetly a psycho

beta-wolf_101
Actually Lecter isn't a real phsycopath if you want to be technical. He is a pure example of a sociopath. The main difference between the two is what makes Lecter soo evil. A Physcopath doesn't know or believe what he is doing is wrong, a sciopath does know he is doing something wrong he just doesn't care.

b-dan
sorta like keanu reeves in watcher

MildPossession
Beta-Wolf: A sociopath is just a more polite way of saying psychopath. They changed the name... same meaning when it comes to psychology.

The Highlord
you cant beat Jack in The Shining

Inspectah Deck
Carrie is a crazy ass *****

Dracosythe
I said Jack cuz who tries 2 kill thier wife n son cuz a freakin hotel told em to?

I saw the last 45 min or so it was completely different from the book.........not too sure but i beleive i liked the book way a lil better

BaronOBeefDip
Hmm, I'd say it's a tie between Anthony Hopkins and Jack Nicholson...for me at least.

Impediment
Robin Williams' character on One Hour Photo was more along the lines of "dangerous obsessive" rather than flat-out psycho. Harldy worth a mention, IMO.

golem370
How about the Red Dragon or Buffalo Bill

Impediment
You mean the actors who portrayed them? Ralph Fiennes did good as Francis Dolarhyde, The "Tooth Fairy", with the psychosis and the fixation on "The Dragon", but Ted Levine, IMO, did far better as Jame Gumb/Buffalo Bill in The Silence of the Lambs.

beta-wolf_101
Originally posted by MildPossession
Beta-Wolf: A sociopath is just a more polite way of saying psychopath. They changed the name... same meaning when it comes to psychology. No, they are two different but very similar mental disorders.

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by BaronOBeefDip
Hmm, I'd say it's a tie between Anthony Hopkins and Jack Nicholson...for me at least.

Yes, Anthony Hopkins is definitely a good psycho

Spelljammer
Hopkins deffinitly. Silence of the Lambs was based on a true story, he captured the feel of intelligent insanity perfectly. He was more then just a guy with a machete or someone with troubles, he was a downright villain who if given the oppurtunity could really make your life hell..

DanieLs_4_Ever
Originally posted by b-dan
who played the better phsyco outt of these films
Only saw one of them and that was Robert in Hide and Seek and that Sucked.

papabeard
Dictionary defintion of Sociopath =

sociopath

n : someone with a sociopathic personality; a person with an antisocial personality disorder (`psychopath' was once widely used but has now been superseded by `sociopath')

golem370
What about the Guy from saw.

beta-wolf_101
Its just the way it was explained to me, they are very similar disorders. Maybe the reason its being used so much more is because thats the majority of the two disorders and people were just misdiagnosed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.