Burton Films Appreciation Thread (so spammers!!)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Batman Returns
hey! im a newcomer here, fellow bat-fan, and i will admit, i didnt like BB as much i guess as everyone else did. just didnt. dont know why. doesnt mean im not a bat-fan, just means i have different tastes. anyway, i thought i'd start a B89 and BR/Burton thread so we can all give thanks and praise to on of the most talented, visionary directors of our time and his Batman movies, mainly. if you have any pics, BTS stories, older articles, or just wanna say how awsome keaton an burton was, this is the thread to do it.

and i will say this once only: if i see any spamming this thread with nasty, rude comments about burton or keaton or ANYTHING, i will immidietly report you. in the past, this has happened way too much, and i want to avoid it this time by posting this warning message. i did not create this thread for flame wars/trash talking, i created it strictly for Burton Batman film praise and appreciation, something i feel is lacking lately cuz of the new batman, wich IMO wasnt that great.

anyways, enjoy yerself!! post away!!

lil pimp
Okay ive mentioned Meany times how i love bf more than Burton's movies
but i never said i didnt like Burton's films which every one is thinking, so now i have the chance tell you guys what i like about them and little things i didnt in a respectable way, now what i loved about batman returns is how it scared the crap out of me when i was little i mean the penguin looked scary to me at the age i was when i saw it, actually it was real good movie,im not a Gothic guy at all but i like how it was Gothic, it to me was a good movie to watch on Halloween. Now batman 89 was good but what made me like it was the joker and how it and br,bf,and b&r never dragged like bb but bb was still a good movie so that is what i liked.Now what i didnt like is how they made him a killer and im not down with all that killing crap from batman i mean hes supposed to be a hero not a killer and im also not a fan of Keaton.

PS:i hear some people saying that they didnt like Keaton because of one part in batman 89 , was when he so called forgot about a room in his house when talking to Vickie Vail , now that is so stupid! dont you guys know he was just trying to make her laugh!

Batman Returns
defeintly agree with you. im not big on BF, it was too......kiddy for my tastes. it was alright though, i will probably be getting the dvd of it when they come out, and it was a fun movie that i remember seeing twice i think when i was a kid and in LOVE with batman, lol, so it does hold memories for me, just like the keaton films. but nowadays, i can distiguish a good film from a film i dont like really, or as much as i used too.

about the fact that joker killed bruces parents, am i the only one that thinks that was a good idea at the time!!? i liked the fact he killed his parents, so that when he beats up and fights joker, you KNOW that bat's is one pissed off mofo, lol. i happen to be a HUGE keaton fan as well, maunly from seeing him as batman and over the years, ive seen him in some damn good films, hes such a good actor (though wth did he do herbie??).

you see, MY Batman DOES kill. in fact, in the 30's and 40's (IMO batmans best time period), he was a mysterious, dark vengeful creature of the night that DID kill when neccasary. thats MY batnman. i felt bales batman was too.......modern and the whole "not killing" thing kinda turned me off, i mean, thats one of the reasons i like batman, his ruthlessness. and batman killed, or LET ras die, on the monorail, so whats everyone sayin he doesnt kill for?? and those cops in the cars that got all smashed up during the tumbler chase? ........... he killed. smokin'

and i DO agree that the "forgotten room" joke WAS a joke!!! did ppl REALLY think that wasnt a joke??? omg.......

and BR was great film, michelle pieffer is my dream woman, i will not marry any woman unless she looks like her, lol. and the penguin was awsome, and MAD FUNNY. scared me a bit when i was smaller, but atcually, not that much. he was just cool to me as a kid, and i was 5!!

WindDancer
Not funny...

Batman Returns
Originally posted by WindDancer
Not funny...

well thats your problem isnt it? Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing

Bat Dude
I have but one or two sentences to say..........

Burton rocks!.........and.........Schumacher sucks!

bakerboy
The thing that makes me laugh is that you start this topic dening the critizment to the tim burton movies and then you go and critize the nolan movie posting that it wasnt that great. Very fair. Very free.

Batman Returns
Originally posted by bakerboy
The thing that makes me laugh is that you start this topic dening the critizment to the tim burton movies and then you go and critize the nolan movie posting that it wasnt that great. Very fair. Very free.

what are you, from the cia??? talkin about "freedom" and "right of speech"?? laughing seriously, its kinda funny. yeah, pretty smart idea huh? why doesnt someone create a BB thread denieing any sort of critism from us burton fans, hm?? ill tell ya, I certainly wouldnt bug YOU guys if you did. that way, we all have our own thread to praise our favorite films. doesnt that make more sense then just randomly throwung ass comments and starting flame wars?? i think so. Happy Dance

and yes, i did popst FIRST and said that i didnt think BB WAS THAT GREAT. you and parker, however, started "retaliating" by saying a load of **** about the burton films, whereas I only said that i didnt like it and maybe a few reasons why, but i never went into flameing anyone or totally putting down the performances, actors, etc. like you and parker do. its sad really, no peace. mad

bakerboy
Again, you are lieng. Im not flamming any damn thing. I only posting my opinion about the batman movies. And please, if you want to post a thread prasing the burton movies, fine for you, i wont participate in it, but i respect it. But please, dont start the thread critizing the nolan film because you are the one on starting a flame war with that.

Batman Returns
Originally posted by bakerboy
Again, you are lieng. Im not flamming any damn thing. I only posting my opinion about the batman movies. And please, if you want to post a thread prasing the burton movies, fine for you, i wont participate in it, but i respect it. But please, dont start the thread critizing the nolan film because you are the one on starting a flame war with that.
aaaahahahahahahah, again, your WRONG! a thread like this is naturally gonna have ppl who DONT like BB, as well as ppl who DO like BB (it is possible, of cpourse, to have ppl who like BOTH, lol), and since this is MY thread, and if anyone has anything to say about the nolan films, lets say, they didnt like the batmobnile as much as the one in B89, THATS acceptable. putting down the films soley for the purpose of it is WRONG in ANY thread, or forum, and that will not happen in my thread.

there, ive explained myself and what you can and cannot do in my thread. like you said, if you dont like the burton films, LEAVE! and dont let the doorkncker hit you on the way out! big grin

MatchesMalone
Cool thread. Batman Begins is my favorite Batman movie, but I did really enjoy the Burton/Keaton movies. I like them a great deal more than Joe Smutsucker's bat films.

Batman Returns
Originally posted by MatchesMalone
Cool thread. Batman Begins is my favorite Batman movie, but I did really enjoy the Burton/Keaton movies. I like them a great deal more than Joe Smutsucker's bat films.

that tends to be the case big grin . ya know what i loved about the burton batmobnile? that freakin awsome BATMISSLE!! i loved the way it just all split apart into that thin "missle" thing, that was sweet! oh and the batwing was awsome too! i actually love the batwing more then the batmonile! Happy Dance

SpyCspider
Burton's Batman, especially 1989 still provided me with a greater OVERALL appreciation of a Batman movie. I liked BB but I don't think I walked away with my jaws dropping. It was good..ok it was GREAT....but I still preferred 1989 Batman.

It's a different feeling that is just really hard to explain. Nuff said.

peejay88
I will only be parting cash for the Burton movies of the upcoming special edition DVD's. I think i like the Burton movies because they have a great nostalgic quality to them, i was at the height of my childhood batman phase when these films came out on tape and i remember watching them over and over again. when i watch them now, i can look at them critically but they still look great and are entertaining, sadly i cant say the same for Schumacher's movies although i'd like to.

Batman Returns
yeah, burtons films are very interesting, especially batman returns. its got so much depth and hidden meanings. for instance, i just discovered something. when the penguin goes to the cemetery for his parents graves, he sets 2 roses on the grave. thats reminiscent of when in the first Batman, bruce sets 2 roses on his parnts death sight, so the penguin in fact, relfects bruce wayne/batman and shows what batman COULD become if he wasnt so in control of himself. thats what i always liked about burtons batman. hes in control, while everyone else is so crazy and screwed up. thats why its sad when selina doesnt end up with bruce/batman cuz they are so perfect for each other, he finally finds his soulmate, someone just as screwed up as himself, yet the sutation is so weird they just cant be otgther. if burton made a 3rd one, i woul d have LOVED to see what he would have done with the Bat/Cat relationship, and it HAS to be pfiffer and keaton again!

sevenman
BATMAN RETURNS RULES

Alec Brood
I'm new here. Cool forums. I grew up playing with Batman toys, saying I'm batman when fighting my friend, watching the movies. I did like the third and fourth movie when I was young. But now, it's just plain wrong. I saw the first Batman for the first time last year and it was really good. But Returns is just so damn cool. Catwoman is the best. Since I didn't see it for a long time, I can't say which one I prefer. BR or BB... I think I'll rent it today. Batman should wear all black. I don't like his yellow or gold belt. Not very Dark Knight looking...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.