Onslaught vs. Ragnos and/or NJO Luke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Infidus
Sorry if this has been done before, I just saw onslaughts name mentioned here, and it got me thinking...

Takes place on Korriban

Captain REX
Onslaught? Isn't that from Marvel or something?

Darth_Glentract
^Exercise those dictator powers!

atlant80
yes it took like 20 heros to stop him. i think Ragnos will win but luke is dead

Darth_Glentract
The wheelchair X-men guy against someone who whipes out entire armies? Hahaha. This is dumb(correct me if onslaught isn't Xavier).

atlant80
Know xavier wipes out magnitos mind but some how they combine and onslought is very powerful. it took the F4 doc doom the avengers the hulk the x men and maybe a few others to defeat him and many died Here you go

Onslaught is a fictional character, a supervillain in the Marvel Comics universe. He initially appeared in the X-Men comics in the 1990s. He was responsible for the Onslaught Saga crossover, which began in Onslaught: X-Men and ended in Onslaught: Marvel Universe and led directly into the Heroes Reborn event. The character first appeared in X-Men (Vol.2) #54, although there was forshadowing of the character's existence in X-Man #15 and X-Men Prime. The character last appeared in Onslaught: Marvel Universe.
Contents

* 1 Character biography
* 2 Powers and abilities
* 3 More details on origin
* 4 Comic appearances
* 5 Other appearances
* 6 External links

Character biography

Onslaught was an immensely powerful and mysterious character that seemingly showed up out of nowhere and started a war against the majority of super heroes in the Marvel universe. It nearly exterminated them, had it not been for the intervention of Franklin Richards who sent them to a pocket dimension.

The character was enormous and had a uniform similar to that of Magneto. It was incalculably strong, extraordinarily intelligent, and had vast psionic and magnetic powers. One by one Earth's heroes fell, and the character still gave no hint of its origin or motive. Finally, Onslaught was revealed to be not even a human being at all, but a composite life form made up of part of Magneto's mind and part of Professor Xavier's mind.

It was revealed that in the past, right before Magneto's mind was erased by Professor Xavier, he implanted a part of his own mind into Xavier's subconscious that slowly grew and took root over the course of the next few years. It gained control of Xavier's repressed unconscious (the store house of all of Xavier's psionic powers) and then separated this part of Xavier's mind from Xavier himself, thus eventually creating an entirely new life form independent of Xavier. Onslaught was finally set free when Nate Grey accidentally ripped Xavier's astral form from his body.

After manifesting into a quasi-physical being, Onslaught set out to make his power supreme on Earth so that he could dominate the planet. To that end he set out to capture two of the most precocious wielders of psionic and reality warping powers: X-Man (Nate Grey), and Franklin Richards. He acquired the former from Mr. Sinister and he kidnapped the latter. He imprisoned the two in a citadel he created in New York City in order to harness their powers.

Eventually, Onslaught was confronted by the combined forces of the Avengers, Fantastic Four, X-Men, the Hulk and (somewhat surprisingly) Doctor Doom. In a tide-turning engagement, the Hulk destroyed Onslaught's physical armor. Onslaught then became a being of pure psionic energy. Only after numerous Marvel heroes sacrificed their lives was Onslaught able to be defeated, and his ultimate destruction led to the creation of an alternate Heroes Reborn universe.

It took the combined powers of the X-Men, the Fantastic Four, the Avengers, the Hulk and Doctor Doom to defeat Onslaught, but all of the non-mutant heroes present were apparently killed in the process, save for the Hulk, who was somehow split physically between Bruce Banner and the Hulk, with Banner apparently dying alongside the heroes. The only mutant to be "killed" was the Scarlet Witch who was apparently able to sacrifice herself due to her reality altering powers. It was later revealed that Franklin Richards had placed those who had "died" in a pocket universe, from which they eventually returned.

Powers and abilities

Onslaught has shown a wide variety of abilities including vast superhuman strength rivaling that of the Hulk, and it was nearly indestructible.

It had vast powers of energy projection. It had vast psionic abilities which included telekinesis and telepathy. Onslaught also partially absorbed the telepathic abilities of X-Man and the reality warping powers of Franklin Richards.
Xavier mindwipes Magneto. Art by Andy Kubert.
Enlarge
Xavier mindwipes Magneto. Art by Andy Kubert.

More details on origin

As detailed below, Onslaught had a very subtle and complex origin:

During the Fatal Attractions story arc, Magneto ripped the adamantium from Wolverine's skeleton after Wolverine tried to kill him (Magneto was threatening innocent lives with lethal force at the time). In response Professor Xavier shut down Magneto's mind psionically. When this happened a portion of Magneto's psyche (the most evil part of Magneto's mind) was transferred into Xavier's repressed subconscious ego. This small element of Magneto's psyche took root in the dark corner of Xavier's mind where his repressed anger at humanity's intolerance toward mutants was buried. This was the seed that would grow into the being known as Onslaught. This all took place in issues: X-Men (Vol. 2) #25 and Uncanny X-Men.

The entity would not be freed until much later, however. This occurred after the first Age of Apocalypse story finished. A being named Nate Grey from a parallel dimension came to Earth and when Professor X was trying to scan the mind of Nate Grey (X-Man) to verify Nate's origin, Nate Grey accidentally ripped Xavier's astral form out of his body. Somehow this act freed the hidden psionic entity that was struggling to divide itself from Xavier and take on life of its own. Unseen, the diabolical Onslaught was now free to draw its plans against humanity.Real name not applicable; manifest thought-form
Status destroyed (powers and memories returned to respective owners)
Affiliations Dark Beast, Post (his herald)
Previous affiliations
Notable aliases "That which shall survive"
Notable relatives Magneto (source of part of its mind), Professor Xavier (source of part of its mind)
Notable powers Vast superhuman strength, nearly indestructible, superhuman speed, vast abilities to project and manipulate most forms of energy, vast psionic powers including telekinesis and telepathy, combined intellect of two geniuses (Magneto and Professor Xavier).

Darth Infidus
Onslaught could make suns out of nothing, so ive heard.

Darth Infidus
Maybe i should of specified which onslaught? Well then im fairly positive that Post Frankilin Onslaught whould whup Ragnos and Luke.

Darth Somebody
Yes. Onslaught was mentioned by myself in a discussion with Darth Janus on the Professor Xavier versus Yoda thread. Onslaught is created from Magneto and Xavier - possesses their individually powerful abilities - along with a few of his own.

I think he could take ANY Star Wars entity - Ragnos included on - by himself. And perhaps he could take even these two. It took all of the major Marvel superheroes to defeat him - and they nearly got killed in the process.

atlant80
this is Ragnos he can win this.

Darth Somebody
Look.

Ragnos and NJO Luke are powerful - easily two of the most powerful Force-users in the Star Wars universe. But can they battle a being who possesses psionic ability beyond both of them, strength superior to the Hulk's and Juggernaut's (whom I would deduce are both beyond Ragnos) as well as the ability to withstand The Marvel Entities?

No. Ragnos would be wasted by himself. So would NJO Luke. The both of them together MIGHT stop him for a second or two. But even though I am a major Star Wars fan - I HIGHLY doubt Ragnos has power greater than 20 Major Marvel Superheroes...

atlant80
can you say 20 seconds of a pissed Ragnos and bye-bye solar system. 20 seconds. not even onslaught can do that

Darth_Glentract
I haven't seen any Marvel character come close to the power of Ragnos and Luke's. Luke can destroy an army. I read one site that says Onslaught can move a hundred tons with his mind. That is nothing compared to Luke or Ragnos.

Darth Somebody
Originally posted by atlant80
can you say 20 seconds of a pissed Ragnos and bye-bye solar system. 20 seconds. not even onslaught can do that

A magnificient achievement. I wasn't aware it was confirmed Ragnos could possess such powers, but of course, I am most likely wrong.

20 seconds of a pissed off Onslaught and say hello to a whole new dimension. Can Ragnos do that?

Darth_Glentract
prove that. Luke can atler gravity. can Onslaught do that?

atlant80
ohhh come on this is the guy that terrified Sadow

Darth_Glentract
Luke can control black hole replica's

atlant80
can some one tell me what happens when two black holes are next to each other?

Darth Somebody

Darth_Glentract
Please specify the part where it says he can make dimensions.

Darth Somebody
So. You have a being molded from the consciousness of two of the most powerful mutants on the planet (Magneto and Professor Xavier). Now, we do not know enough about Ragnos to argue his proficiency. I am not aware of where it states that Ragnos is capable of destroying solar systems. Judging from your response, it was merely an assumption. I think Illustrious may know, so we'll wait for him to show up. If it's true, then perhaps he might beat Onslaught.

Onslaught possesses Xavier's power - and has the willingness to use it. Force or no Force - I highly doubt NJO Luke or Ragnos are immune to the powers of the most powerful telepathic mutant on the planet. Then throw in Magneto, who controls magnetism - as well as the ability to control the Earth's magnetic field - you have two dangerously powerful mutants combined into a ruthless monster.

He can simply cause Ragnos and NJO Luke to forget who the hell they are, place them in an illusion, and kill them. We KNOW precisely what Onslaught is capable of.

We do NOT - on the other hand - about Ragnos.

Darth Somebody
The new dimension was a bi-product of his defeat. When he died, the vast energy expanses in his body (and when it was controlled by Franklin Richards) - it made a new dimension.

So you're right. It only (as far as we know) would occur when he died.

Darth Faunus
I'm with Somebody here; and I highly doubt that either Luke OR Ragnos could lift one hundred tons with the Force. The X-Wing lifted by Yoda in ESb was a couple of tons. Now granted, it wasn't his full effort, but it was rather obvious that it took some toll on him. I'd say that, at most, Yoda could lift 30 tons or so with the Force. Luke and Ragnos? 50 or 60, at most.

Guys, as much as I love the Star Wars Universe, its two most powerful beings would likely fall to the most powerful being in Marvel history, rivalling or surpassing even the destroyer and conquerer of a galactic level, Galactus himself.

Darth Somebody
Now. Perhaps Ragnos could defeat Onslaught. As Illustrious has stated time and time again, we simply don't know enough about him to rank him in terms of power. Saying he managed to make Sadow fear him is like saying Sidious managed to cow Dooku. We know for certain that Dooku feared Sidious - and yet many of you argued Dooku was superior - and that Sidious merely manipulated Dooku into fearing him. This may very well be the case with Ragnos.

Darth_Glentract
Being the most powerful mutant is nothing next to the most powerful force user the galaxy has ever seen. Jedi have the ability to change people's memory and they can protect themselves from it. We know a lot about Luke. He alone could take onslaught.

Ragnos is not ever said to be able to destroy stars, that guy just pulled that out of his arse.

Darth Somebody
Glentract, Xavier specialized in that sort of thing. You know those Jedi Mind Tricks that people can do? Xavier could make it permenant if he wanted. But he has a damn conscience. We've seen that he is capable of doing basically whatever the hell he wants with other people's minds. Jedi's have limits.

The Jedi USE the Force. Mutants POSSESS their own powers.

atlant80
no lightsabers or swords remember magnitos powers. Ragnos beat Simus a guy who lived as a head in a jar. That means a lot.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Darth Somebody
The Jedi USE the Force. Mutants POSSESS their own powers.

I can use a shotgun, or I can possess a BB gun. That doesn't mean crap.

Darth Faunus
But see, you don't seem to be able to comprehend the power of that being, be as it may that he's the mightiest on the planet. But how do you know that he isn't one of the most powerful in the galaxy? Chances are he is; the Marvel Universe itself features beings from all over the galaxy, even varying galaxies.

Magneto himself can manipulate the very iron in a beings bloodstream. Onslaught would tear it from their bodies. So Ragnos, in all that armor, would be tossed around like a rag doll. Now, Onslaught wouldn't have the easiest time here; defeating the most powerful beings of Light and Dark in the SWU is no simple feat. But Onslaught could do it. Perhaps one of the only ones who can in the Marvel Universe.

Lord Simus
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
I can use a shotgun, or I can possess a BB gun. That doesn't mean crap.

No, that means your a psychodic serial killer.

atlant80
my real name is OJ simpson (random)

Lord Simus
lmao

Darth Faunus
no lightsabers or swords remember magnitos powers. Ragnos beat Simus a guy who lived as a head in a jar. That means a lot.

So? Onslaught defeated the greatest pantheon of heroes ever assembled in the Marvel Universe. That means a lot. Simus' prolonged life is nothing short of amazing, but if it is a feat of prolonged life, coming back from the dead, etc., you want, the Marvel Universe can give you plenty of that.

atlant80
yes but they are like zombies this guy stayed alive and Ragnos beat him so he is very strong

Darth Somebody
Magneto -

Magneto is easily in the Top Ten (possibly FIVE) most powerful mutants in the Marvel Universe. He can control and manipulate magnetism to his will. He can also control electro-magnetism and fire off powerful bursts of pure electronic energy. He can rip cars, trucks, tanks, and vehicles from the ground with ease. He can demolish buildings. He can even - when required - control the Earth's own magnetic field. Another one of his attributes includes the power to rip iron from people's own blood. This will cause extreme pain, unconsciousness, and possibly death. Also, Magneto wears a helmet that protects him from the mightiest of psionic attacks - even from Xavier's. Magneto possesses a genius IQ and can augment his strength to lift 100 tons.

Conceivably, MAGNETO could take Ragnos OR (not both at the same time) on by himself.

Then combine him with Professor X - who possesses the highest level of psionic power in a mutant - you go into overkill.

atlant80
Ragnos can probably rip peoples hearts out through the force

Darth Somebody
Now. If we knew more about Ragnos, other than the following:

1. He was strong in the Force.
2. He ruled over the Sith Empire.
3. He possessed vast strength.

We would be able to dictate just how powerful he is. He also did defeat Simus.

Now. That still isn't enough to tell a lot about him. As I said, Magneto could conceivably take Ragnos by using his helmet to block any form of mind control - as well as crushing Ragnos like a tin can (because of his armor). If that didn't suffice, he could rip the blood from Ragnos's veins. Then if it got down to a physical fight, Magneto can lift 100 tons - using his powers to augment his physical strength.

So yes. It is quite possible Magneto himself could take Ragnos.

Darth Somebody
Ragnos can probably rip peoples hearts out through the force

Probably? Well, he might very well possess that ability. Still, there's no concrete evidence. I'm not dissing Ragnos. We simply don't know about him enough to dictate just HOW powerful he is. But we do know that Magneto and Xavier are badasses on their own - and Onslaught is the supreme badass of Marvel.

atlant80
Ragnos can probably move a star and if he can do that he will Make Magnito even more heartless then he is laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing And come on look at this Ragnos>simus>naga who can throw stars

Lord Janus
Alright, alright... this thread is worse than Maul versus Wolverine.

Point here is that Onslaught's power is immense. It's visibly, recordedly immense.

Ragnos' power is immense. However, nothing he has really done is on file. And NJO Luke himself cannot defeat Onslaught. Therefore, Onslaught wins... but it'd be hellish.

Darth Somebody
Ragnos can probably move a star and if he can do that he will Make Magnito even more heartless then he is laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Dude...stop gambling on probability and what ifs.

Ragnos may or may not be THAT powerful. YOU don't know. I don't know. Onslaught, so far, has the evidence supporting him. NOT Ragnos. NOT Luke.

atlant80
Okay but i think Ragnos can pwn anyone but Onslaght pwns NJO luke

Darth Somebody
I got a better one...

Apocalypse vs Ragnos
Magneto vs Sidious
Xavier vs Yoda

Lol.

atlant80
I got a better one...

Apocalypse vs Ragnos
Magneto vs Sidious
Xavier vs Yoda

Lol.

Wow Ragnos might not win that....

Luke Is Better
i hate x-men the only good marvel super heros i like r punisher and spiderman

Lord Janus
Punisher pwns. Spiderman is gay.

Darth_Glentract
I'm not completly sure, but I am almost certain that one of Luke's students was able to move a star destroyer. That is much more than 100 tonnes. Luke or Ragnos could easily pwn Onslaught.

Luke Is Better
have u seen the movie hahahaha with the russian guy

Darth Somebody
I'm not completly sure, but I am almost certain that one of Luke's students was able to move a star destroyer. That is much more than 100 tonnes. Luke or Ragnos could easily pwn Onslaught.

Funny how everyone here - except Atlant - disagrees with you on that final note, but it is your opinion - and you're entitled to it. smile

atlant80
no onslaght pwns luke 50 times over but i think Ragnos can and will win

Darth_Glentract
If I can find that source though, it would show that Luke would slaughter Onslaught.

atlant80
google something

Darth Somebody
Lol. I think they both looked over the part that Onslaught can induce amnesia and mind-numbing psychic bolts. And also the part where Onslaught can rip the iron from people's blood and control the Earth's magnetic field. So let's run through this scenario.

------

Ragnos prepares a burst of lethal Sith magic in his hands as NJO Luke fires a blast of his green Force lightning. Onslaught absorbs the energy and sends it back at Luke, who deflects it into the air. Onslaught takes priority and clenches his massive fist. Ragnos's armor folds inward and crushes the Sith Lord's ribs. Ragnos falls to the ground, coughing and sputtering - attempting to rip the armor from his bruised chest.

Onslaught fires a continous stream of mind bolts at Luke, who dodges them all. He reaches for his lightsaber and ignites it, but is amazed when the hilt is ripped from his hand by an invisible force, held out in front of him, and crushed into shrapnel. In his amazement, Luke does not see the psionic shockwave that slams into his form, knocking him head over heels, across the desert-like edifice of Korriban, where he crashes - ironically - into Ragnos's pyramid like tomb.

Ragnos rips the ruined armor from his chest, recovers, and uses a powerful Force wave against Onslaught. Onslaught is shaken, but absorbs the brunt of the blast. Onslaught clenches both of his fists sharply. Ragnos once more falls to the ground - unable to use the Force due to the extreme pain. Ragnos's blood vessels explode - and streams of iron are released from his ruptured veins. Ragnos is dazed from the painful assault. Onslaught motions, and the iron solidifies into a spear of solid iron. The psionic being waves his hand, and the spear drives through Ragnos's chest, lifting the Sith Lord off the ground and tossing him to the ground - thirty feet away. The blood leaks from his open arteries and veins, and Ragnos looks up into the sky, blood dripping from his lips, as he takes his final breath - cursing Onslaught with all of the hatred within him.

Luke rises slowly to his feet. He looked around, and gazed upon his fallen "partner's" body. His head turns sharply, as a blue-white blast of psionic energy impacts him, and throws him through the air like a rag doll. Onslaught moves forward with impossible speed and plants his foot down on Luke.

With the stronger of the two - Ragnos - dead, Onslaught was no longer burdened with a "threat". His massive hand curled into a fist, and he plunges it downward, smashing into Luke's neck - causing a wet smack to emerge from his skull.

Luke's bloody broken body went limp, and he died, Onslaught's foot still planted on his bloody chest.

----

The end.

Illustrious
Wow Ragnos might not win that....

WTF? Onslaught > Apocalypse. If Ragnos beats Onslaught, he takes Apoc. The question is if he does or does not.

Originally posted by Darth Faunus
I'm with Somebody here; and I highly doubt that either Luke OR Ragnos could lift one hundred tons with the Force. The X-Wing lifted by Yoda in ESb was a couple of tons. Now granted, it wasn't his full effort, but it was rather obvious that it took some toll on him. I'd say that, at most, Yoda could lift 30 tons or so with the Force. Luke and Ragnos? 50 or 60, at most.

Guys, as much as I love the Star Wars Universe, its two most powerful beings would likely fall to the most powerful being in Marvel history, rivalling or surpassing even the destroyer and conquerer of a galactic level, Galactus himself.

If you can crush a star with 50 or 60 tons, I'd be amazed. The effort will require a ridiculous (highlight it, emphasize, italic, bold it, ridiculous) amount of force. And Onslaught isn't the most powerful being in the Marvel Universe, and really isn't that close.

Now. Perhaps Ragnos could defeat Onslaught. As Illustrious has stated time and time again, we simply don't know enough about him to rank him in terms of power. Saying he managed to make Sadow fear him is like saying Sidious managed to cow Dooku. We know for certain that Dooku feared Sidious - and yet many of you argued Dooku was superior - and that Sidious merely manipulated Dooku into fearing him. This may very well be the case with Ragnos.

This can't be the case, because it was stated explicitly that Ragnos was the dark lord of the Sith, the most powerful of the most powerful. Therefore he was clearly stronger than Naga Sadow. We know this much as canonically accepted.

But see, you don't seem to be able to comprehend the power of that being, be as it may that he's the mightiest on the planet. But how do you know that he isn't one of the most powerful in the galaxy? Chances are he is; the Marvel Universe itself features beings from all over the galaxy, even varying galaxies.

Magneto himself can manipulate the very iron in a beings bloodstream. Onslaught would tear it from their bodies. So Ragnos, in all that armor, would be tossed around like a rag doll. Now, Onslaught wouldn't have the easiest time here; defeating the most powerful beings of Light and Dark in the SWU is no simple feat. But Onslaught could do it. Perhaps one of the only ones who can in the Marvel Universe.

There are quite a few beings stronger than Onslaught in both the MU and the DCU. I'd have to agree, Onslaught can beat Luke, even with all of Luke's ability to manipulate the force. We don't know enough about Ragnos for the judgment.

Darth Somebody
Huh? Apocalypse? Greater than ONSLAUGHT?

Apocalypse died his final death against MAGNETO - who bested him in combat. Onslaught is Magneto AND Xavier. Onslaught would pwn dear En Sabah Nur.

Illustrious
I didn't say Apoc was greater than Onslaught, I said the reverse.

I also say don't make decisions without seeing every angle.

Darth Somebody
Sorry Illustrious. I didn't see that.

But no. I think Onslaught was one of - if not THE - most powerful Marvel character.

Illustrious
Asguardians, The Celestials, The One Above All, The Living Tribunal, and the list can go on. Onslaught is one of the most powerful earth characters, but at a cosmic level, no.

atlant80
im not a marvel genious in fact i have little knowledge of it other then WIKIpedea

Darth Faunus
Originally posted by Illustrious
Asguardians, The Celestials, The One Above All, The Living Tribunal, and the list can go on. Onslaught is one of the most powerful earth characters, but at a cosmic level, no.

Well, those are quite literally Gods. And tell me, please; what Earth-being is more powerful than Ragnos?

Darth_Glentract
Go Illustrious! Took the words out of my mouth. Except I don't think Onslaught could take Luke either.

Darth Faunus
WTF? Onslaught > Apocalypse. If Ragnos beats Onslaught, he takes Apoc. The question is if he does or does not.

No arguments there.

If you can crush a star with 50 or 60 tons, I'd be amazed. The effort will require a ridiculous (highlight it, emphasize, italic, bold it, ridiculous) amount of force. And Onslaught isn't the most powerful being in the Marvel Universe, and really isn't that close.

It's not crushing a star per say, not using sheer power. It is a technique; much like, say, breaking a board, striking a nerve. I have 27 year-old cousin who benches 400 lbs. My Sensei benches 160 lbs. Now, in my particular dojang, there are monthly demostrations. April's demonstartion had him breaking a stack of ten wood blocks, each 1 3/4 inches thick. He broke them down the middle in one blow, a perfect downward chop. Now, my cousin couldn't hope to do that. So, it's not sheer power, but the technique itself. Same with the nerve technique; my cousin could likely chop someone's neck and lnock them out cold. My Sensei could tap them with a scissor-fingered strike to the neck and put them into permanent paralysis.

This can't be the case, because it was stated explicitly that Ragnos was the dark lord of the Sith, the most powerful of the most powerful. Therefore he was clearly stronger than Naga Sadow. We know this much as canonically accepted.

I'm not arguing this.

There are quite a few beings stronger than Onslaught in both the MU and the DCU. I'd have to agree, Onslaught can beat Luke, even with all of Luke's ability to manipulate the force. We don't know enough about Ragnos for the judgment.

Well, yes, when you consider the celestials featured in the MU. But outside of the Asgardians, the Celestials, etc., I doubt there are many. In fact, I could probably count the groups (Asgardians, etc.) and individuals (beats me) on my fingers.

Now, the DCU is a completely different story. . .

Oh, and in my last post, I meant 'Onslaught', not 'Ragnos'.

Illustrious
No, I didn't say Onslaught wasn't one of the most powerful earthbound Marvel characters, I'm just saying he's not as powerful as some individuals make him out to be. Would he beat an enemy that has so much power and command of the force (something completely foreign in the MU)? I can't say. But I will say that one side will either be greatly overestimated, or the other greatly underestimated. Either way, the comparison isn't very valid.

The issue here is that the blocks don't break on their own. So while the technique focuses the force, it still relies on the force to break them. Your cousin may be physically stronger, but he can't focus his energy to the point where it doesn't dissipate, therefore not breaking 10 blocks.

That's the thing, even the most refined and focused of forces would require WELL OVER 50 or 60 tons to crush a star.

Darth Faunus
Whatever. Fact is, this is going to end just like all the other Ragnos threads; with no conclusion. We simply don't know enough about him. Now, I retain my opinion, but this just simply isn't worth bothering over.

ObiWan1982
I am wondering why a Marvel Universe character is featuring in a Star Wars versus forum?

I dont have a problem with it I am just curious.

cool

Darth_Glentract
Cause it's a good matchup.

Lord Janus
Actually, it's a poor match up. They have no common ground.

Darth_Glentract
I guess you're right. Too much arrogance on the Onslaught supporters part. lol

Darth Faunus
Pardon?

Lord Janus
Well, it's pretty inconclusive. I, for one, don't recollect much of ONslaught's powers. He was immensly powerful, but Ragnos could be equally or more powerful. We just don't know.

Darth Somebody
I guess you're right. Too much arrogance on the Onslaught supporters part. lol

Arrogance? No. It is arrogance when you have no proof about a Sith Lord - and assume he can take on the whole world with his left hand and own everyone. Ragnos may be beyond most Sith Lords in the Star Wars universe. But this is Marvel. Here, you have people beyond Ragnos.

There's not enough about Ragnos to be determined. But NJO Luke can't take Onslaught, for damn certain. Onslaught possesses abilities that could simply KILL Ragnos or Luke before each of them can summon a star or a black hole.

We don't know.

It's not arrogance. It's fact.

Darth_Glentract
considering even Onslaught's supporters article about him says that with his powers he can move 100 tonnes. Compare that to Ancient Sith who were able to travel between planets on ships they propelled with their force powers. That take a hell of a lot more than 100 tones of kinetic energy.

Darth_Glentract
Onslaught possesses abilities that could simply KILL Ragnos or Luke before each of them can summon a star or a black hole.

The arrogance thing was a joke, get over it.

What exactly is this technique that can kill Luke or Ragnos before they can do anything. If I remember correctly(and I do, I just looked at the comic a minute ago to make sure) all Naga had to do was wave his hands and the star was ripped apart. How is Ragnos and Luke going to be killed in about a five second period.

Darth Somebody
Onslaught -

-Can produce mind-numbing bursts
-Can cause permenant amnesia
-Can manipulate planetary magnetic fields
-Can manipulate all types of metals
-Can produce electro-magnetic bursts
-Can rip iron from blood
-Can takeover an opponent's mind
-Can absorb vast amounts of energy

Yeah. And you say Ragnos or Luke can OWN this?

Darth Somebody
If memory serves. Then who's to say Onslaught can't absorb the energy and finish of Ragnos? See what I mean? Ragnos - while we know he is powerful - we do not know enough about him to warrant any advantage over Onslaught.

PERHAPS he could beat them. But YOU don't know and neither do I.

Darth Faunus
Has it been mentioned that Magneto, not Onslaught, Magneto, lifted an oil tanker under his own power?

Illustrious
considering even Onslaught's supporters article about him says that with his powers he can move 100 tonnes. Compare that to Ancient Sith who were able to travel between planets on ships they propelled with their force powers. That take a hell of a lot more than 100 tones of kinetic energy.

Class 100 strength means that the individual can lift 100 tons, it doesn't mean that that is the limit of their strength. Onslaught has exhibited lifting abilities of far greater than just 100 tons.

Darth_Glentract
How much is vast amounts of energy?

How can you show that Jedi can't defend against this attack. They use it just as often as he does.

Electro-magnetic burst aren't too impressive.

Permanent amnesia or something similar to it has been done by many Jedi countless times.

So he can rip iron from someone's blood? I remember Magneto doing this in the X-2(it was X-2 or was it X-1). I also remember that the guy was injected with iron before hand. If this was just so he could get enough from one person, then please tell me. Unlike what it may look like, I am inrested in Marvel characters.

Can manipulate all types of metal. Well, your own evidence says he can manipulate up to 100 tonnes of metal at a time. The ability to propel oneself through space requires much more than 100 tonnes of kinetic energy as does controlling black-holes and destroying stars.

Mind-numbing blast. See above, the Jedi are experts on the mind. I find it highly likly they can block against this.

Here's the big one. Onslaught can control the Earths magnetice field. It's extremly difficult, but now nearly as hard as you may think. Let me run some math on the energy required.

The Earths magnetic field at a 5- degree latitude is approx. 50 microtesla.

In a sunspot it is about 10 Tesla. That is, if my math is right; you may want to double-check this, 5,000,000 times more powerful. That doesn't make controlling Earth's magnetic field a very good argument.

For the electro-magnetic energy release argument, this puts that also down the drain as Tesla is a unit of magnetic-enegy.

P.S. On the above, I'm no expert, so I would think it be good if someone double-check my findings. Thanks.

Darth_Glentract
Has it been mentioned that Magneto, not Onslaught, Magneto, lifted an oil tanker under his own power?

I was thinking about that, an I think that in that big post that was said on Onslaught a while back it said that was a 30,000 pound tanker. If it isn't in there, I have somewhere else I saw that. Unless I am thinking of something completly different.

Darth_Glentract
Class 100 strength means that the individual can lift 100 tons, it doesn't mean that that is the limit of their strength. Onslaught has exhibited lifting abilities of far greater than just 100 tons.

"Using his powers to augment his strength, he could lift up to 100 tons."

That is right from http://www.marveldirectory.com. Up to 100 tons.

Darth Faunus
Glentract, all you're doing is attempting to discredit Onslaught while provising absolutely nothing for your own character.

And Class 100, as has already stated, means that the specific being is capable of lifting 100 tons or more; Magneto has lifted an oil tanker. That's a wee bit more than 100 tons. Also, the Hulk is listed as Class 100. Are you now going to argue that that is the limit of his strength?

Darth_Glentract
"Using his powers to augment his strength, he could lift up to 100 tons."

That is right from http://www.marveldirectory.com. Up to 100 tons.

Does this say enough for you?

Darth_Glentract
Glentract, all you're doing is attempting to discredit Onslaught while provising absolutely nothing for your own character.

And Class 100, as has already stated, means that the specific being is capable of lifting 100 tons or more; Magneto has lifted an oil tanker. That's a wee bit more than 100 tons. Also, the Hulk is listed as Class 100. Are you now going to argue that that is the limit of his strength?

Lets see. Ragnos is considered to be greater than Naga Sadow. Sadow destroyed a star. Even if that ability is specific to Naga and, I think Exar did it, Ragnos is more than powerful enough to do it. One of the arguments I keep hearing is that he could control the Earth's magnetic field. From what I found, which, as I have already stated I would like to have someone check, it says that the magnetic field of a star is 5,000,000 times more powerful than the Earth's field at 50 degrees latitude.

Darth Faunus

Looks like you've been altering quotes:

"Magneto can use his magnetic powers to increase his physical strength up through Class 100 (the ability to lift over 100 tons)."

"Even before his rejuvenation, Magneto once lifted a cargo freighter weighing 30,000 tons 50 feet into the air from a distance of 300 feet away."

"Although Magneto's power is not on the level of the Silver Surfer in his prime, it is for all practical purposes limitless."

Darth_Glentract
The inconsistensie lies in the fact that you are looking at the Magneto page while I quoted from the Onslaught page. Go check if you don't believe me. And make sure you look at the Onslaught page, not the Magneto page. It's near the bottom of the Onslaught page. Second to last sentence in fact.

Darth Faunus
"Realizing that Thor's efforts alone were insufficient to destroy their adversary"

If we want to go by the official site, the Norse God of Thunder was unable to quell Onslaught.

Darth_Glentract
I notice that you left out the admission that your accusation of me of altering quotes was false.

Veneficus
"Realizing that Thor's efforts alone were insufficient to destroy their adversary"

If we want to go by the official site, the Norse God of Thunder was unable to quell Onslaught.

What the hell! Dude sometimes Marval just sucks! Thor is a freakin god and should be able to waste some puffed mutant even one as powerful as Onslaught.

Darth Faunus
Hm? Oh, I apologize, lol.

Darth_Glentract
Hm? Oh, I apologize, lol.

Sorry, that just pisses me off when I am accused of lying. It was my fault, I should have said it was from the Onslaught page.

Darth Faunus
I suggest we drop this thread. It's not progressing, at any rate.

Darth_Glentract
Let's giive it a rest for a while at least.

Just curious, if Exar was thrown in with Ragnos and Luke, would that make you think they would win?

Lord Janus
Pwnage!

And of course, Artoo would **** Onslaught up one side and down the other.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Lord Janus
Pwnage!

And of course, Artoo would **** Onslaught up one side and down the other.

I knew there had to be a higher purpose for that thing he keeps screwing computers with. It's to **** Onslaught. Wow, everything really does have meaning.

Darth Faunus
Tsk. Man, don't even dirty Lord Artoo's shiny-ass, chrome body by mingling him with the worms that are Ragnos and Onslaught.

Glentract; I really don't know, lol.

Lord Janus
Yeah, wasting time sure brings on the epiphanies.

Darth Faunus
Janus; Risk Thread, please.

Veneficus
Yeah, wasting time sure brings on the epiphanies.

Normally Janus I love your pics...but I find this one...well lets just say that some christians would take offense to this.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Veneficus
Normally Janus I love your pics...but I find this one...well lets just say that some christians would take offense to this.

Ya, some do.

Darth_Glentract
Could Rand take Onslaught by himself?

Veneficus
Could Rand take Onslaught by himself?

Rand al'Thor? Of course a single stream of Balefire would kill Onslaught or anyone for that matter.

Note search Wikipeda for Rand al'Thor last time I checked the info was acurate.

Nai Fohl

Darth Faunus
I can live with that.

atlant80
Onslaght absorbs energy? Cant they overload him or something

Darth Faunus
Not without creating a new dimension from the life essence released by his death.

atlant80
ohh yea but wont they still win...

Darth Faunus
The end of this battle will result in, oh, a thousand star systems detonating into nothingness. Not to mention the paragons of Light and Dark would vanish into another dimension. . .

Darth Somebody
Yes. Nai is most likely right. I'd have to say it is Magneto's abilities that will be the most damaging. Unless Onslaught wants to put them in a coma.

Darth_Glentract
Yes. Nai is most likely right. I'd have to say it is Magneto's abilities that will be the most damaging. Unless Onslaught wants to put them in a coma.

They are going to be able to resist his mental powers. They use minds control just as much as he does, sometimes making entire planets invisible.

Darth Faunus
Which has absolutely nothing to do with mind controlling. And tell me, when have Ragnos OR Luke ever displayed use of mind-control? Even the most powerful can only use them on the weak-willed, and maybe influence those of more powerful bearing. But Onslaught has them ridiculously outclassed in telepathic attacks.

Darth_Glentract
Luke in JA was able to walk through the streets of Imperial Planets even being the figure head of the Republic Military. Luke also hid an entire planet permanently.

Veneficus
Ahh! The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are invading history!

atlant80
wtf?????

Darth Somebody
They are going to be able to resist his mental powers. They use minds control just as much as he does, sometimes making entire planets invisible.

What the -

Look. Jedi - even Luke - can only temporarily control minds. They can't erase thoughts, cause amnesia, or shut down a person's mind, can they? No. Professor X can do all of it. His control over peoples' minds are FAR beyond NJO Luke or Ragnos.

atlant80
Luke yes Ragnos maybe

Nai Fohl
Which has absolutely nothing to do with mind controlling. And tell me, when have Ragnos OR Luke ever displayed use of mind-control? Even the most powerful can only use them on the weak-willed, and maybe influence those of more powerful bearing. But Onslaught has them ridiculously outclassed in telepathic attacks.

In "The Crystal Star" Luke is manipulating the minds of the population of an entire space station (and a Jedi Knight) to look like he had a different outward appearence and he's able to exclude single persons (Han) from that manipulation.

That's what I call "crowd control".

overlord
Originally posted by Veneficus
Ahh! The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are invading history!

blink omg.. I wouldn't want to meet that guy in a dark alley.. *shivers* hhoohh....

atlant80
Originally posted by Nai Fohl
In "The Crystal Star" Luke is manipulating the minds of the population of an entire space station (and a Jedi Knight) to look like he had a different outward appearence and he's able to exclude single persons (Han) from that manipulation.

That's what I call "crowd control". FYI the crystal star is the worst book in star wars history

Nai Fohl
FYI the crystal star is the worst book in star wars history

Nope. Read the NJO books...

Darth Somebody
Like I said. It took every major superhero in the Marvel universe to take down Onslaught. And they did it barely. I have a hard time believing a single Sith Lord - even Marka Ragnos - or NJO Luke could do it all on their own.

But that's just me.

Fishy
Well one super powerful being that can manipulate everything and I do mean everything is going to be really powerful... NJO Luke was made that powerful. Ragnos probably is powerful enough to do that.

Veneficus
Dude...everyone is owned!

Apex
Is this the Dragonball Z versus forum now?

overlord
Originally posted by Fishy
Well one super powerful being that can manipulate everything and I do mean everything is going to be really powerful... NJO Luke was made that powerful. Ragnos probably is powerful enough to do that.

It is not what George Lucas had in mind when he made up SW.

Lord Janus
Uh... wow, it's amazing how much people will argue over comic book characters. This is really simple--

Comic books don't conform even to pseudo-science. They cannot be verified in terms of power or effectiveness. Their abilities exist outside of rational sense or even science fiction. Hence, you cannot compare them to SW characters. End of debate.

atlant80
huh

Illustrious
Uh... wow, it's amazing how much people will argue over comic book characters. This is really simple--

Comic books don't conform even to pseudo-science. They cannot be verified in terms of power or effectiveness. Their abilities exist outside of rational sense or even science fiction. Hence, you cannot compare them to SW characters. End of debate.

Thank god, amen.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.