Would Anikan have turned to the Darkside with or without Palps?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

king_arthur
Would Anikan have turned to the Darkside with or without Palps?

I would say no, without Palpatine. I don't think Anakin would even learn about the dark side. Anakin's anger and hate caused him to massacre the sand people, but still remained on the light side. It wasn't until Palpatine revealed secrets to save life to Anakin , that may be only achieved throught the dark side powers that got him. What are your thoughts?

JenR1215
kinda hard to say. Palp did instagate a lot of the problems. But Anakin still has his dreams.. well if it wasnt for Palp she probably wouldnt had died. So yeah i think it was 3/4 of Palp's falt.

Tangible God
He wouldn't have. Palpy's the one who fed him all thos lies and over-praised him, boosting him to arrogance.

JenR1215
i have a question.. if Jedi/ Sith/ Whatever Master can read minds, how come Yoda never expelled Anakin?

Ast
Originally posted by JenR1215
i have a question.. if Jedi/ Sith/ Whatever Master can read minds, how come Yoda never expelled Anakin?

The darkside clouds everything. stick out tongue

I say no, emphatically say no. Palps was in his head since the day he met him in TPM(or the day he created him), he put all the ideas that Anakin believed in his head.

JenR1215
Originally posted by Ast
The darkside clouds everything. stick out tongue

Yeah but Padme was a good one. I have another question...
if the Dark Side "Clouds Everything" how come they can sense Palp's a Dooku's pressents? Does it even count for that?

Ast
Yeah but Padme was a good one. I have another question...
if the Dark Side "Clouds Everything" how come they can sense Palp's a Dooku's pressents? Does it even count for that?

They never sensed Palps presence, that is the problem. stick out tongue

DarkYoda
I don't think Anakin would have TURNED to the darkside... but he would have used it occasionally to achieve his purposes... ala Luke force choking the guard at Jabba's palace. wink

JenR1215
i hated the choking in the movie.... *tear*... but i'd do ANYTHING to be able to do it in realy life.

i think Anakin/Vader only new how to choke. I mean, in Ep3 he choked.. Ep4 he choked, Ep5... choked. Ep6.. choked/died and turned 22 again... ??

DarkYoda
And swing really crazy... I like how they added that to Episode III... remember when he swings at Dooku all crazed.

big grin

Ast
Originally posted by DarkYoda
And swing really crazy... I like how they added that to Episode III... remember when he swings at Dooku all crazed.

big grin

What, like 2 feet over his head? laughing out loud

Darth Somebody
Palpatine possessed the exponentially unique ability to shield himself in the Force, which just goes to show how attuned and connected he was to the Dark Side. Count Dooku was a former Jedi, and he was once a close friend of both Yoda and Mace Windu. Now, his Force signature has long been detected with them. Not to mention he is no where near as attuned to the Dark Side as Palpatine, and has not had the ability to practice it as much.

Darth_Emodas
Originally posted by Darth Somebody
Palpatine possessed the exponentially unique ability to shield himself in the Force, which just goes to show how attuned and connected he was to the Dark Side. Count Dooku was a former Jedi, and he was once a close friend of both Yoda and Mace Windu. Now, his Force signature has long been detected with them. Not to mention he is no where near as attuned to the Dark Side as Palpatine, and has not had the ability to practice it as much.

"Hard to see, the Dark Side is." - Yoda

Sith can hide from Jedi period. It's a metaphor. When you are used to being in the light, you cannot see in darkness.

Palpatine knew Anakin was destined to be Darth Vader due to his ability to forsee future events through extreme strength in the Dark Side. He did not need to read Anakin's mind to know how to engineer his downfall.

Though I personally believe Anakin was doomed period because of his personality. He suffered a great deal through his life and that makes it difficult to remain serene (aka a "good" Jedi)

Tangible God
i hated the choking in the movie.... *tear*... but i'd do ANYTHING to be able to do it in realy life.

i think Anakin/Vader only new how to choke. I mean, in Ep3 he choked.. Ep4 he choked, Ep5... choked. Ep6.. choked/died and turned 22 again... ?? 23

AnakinNihilus
Jedi are not alowed to read others thoughts. They have the ability but it is against their teachings. So if he read Anakin's thoughts then he should be the one to be expelled.

Plus what reason did he have to read Anakin's thought's? He was the biggest hero in the whole of the republic, known as the man without fear (kind of ironic) and he to Yoda's council when he had a problem, so baiscally Yoda didn't feel the need to read his thoughts.

Red Superfly
Without Palps, there'd be nothing to balance, and Anakin wouldn't even exist.

Why would The Force create a person to grow up normally? The Force created Anakin so that he'd get thrown into the mess and bring balance.

Anakin wouldn't even be created.

Darth_Sadistic
I know most people hate me for seperate reasons but Im still gonna write this.

Anakin became fearful for the loss of his mother in episode one. Yoda himself said this is one path to the dark side.

In 2 his mother was killed and this had nothing to do with Palpatine, this set hom off.

In 3 padme would have died anyway so he would have turned, It just would have taken longer.

Captain REX
Yup. Those are reasons shared by just about everyone.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Darth_Sadistic

Anakin became fearful for the loss of his mother in episode one. Yoda himself said this is one path to the dark side.

In 2 his mother was killed and this had nothing to do with Palpatine, this set hom off.

In 3 padme would have died anyway so he would have turned, It just would have taken longer. I don't think he would have come under Sith tutelage if hadn't been for Palpie though.

Captain REX
Oh, of course not, but he still would have fallen.

Tangible God
Like a Kowakian Monkey Lizard listening to Liza Monellie.

DarkYoda
Originally posted by Darth_Sadistic

In 3 padme would have died anyway so he would have turned, It just would have taken longer.

In response to your first statement (about people hating you): yes, we do!

In response to your second statement, Anakin was not afraid so much that she would die but that he would never see her again... afraid to lose her as a person in his life.

In response to your third statement, his mother clearly died from an infected cut on her forehead... I'm not sure if Palpatine had anything to do with this or not.

In response to your final statement, Padme would not have died in childbirth had Anakin not given into the darkside. Lucas has said that this was supposed to be a paradox... that Anakin turning to the darkside to save her was actually what caused her to die. In my opinion, Palpatine may have been responsible for these nightmares after learning how Anakin reacted to the death of his mother and after learning that Padme was pregnant. And because Palps was ready for a new apprentice, had seen Anakin's potential power in defeating Dooku, and was ready to take over the galaxy, the timing could not have been more perfect. evil face

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.