Cine May Be Hollywood Bound!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cinemaddiction
Yeah, well, not that Hollywood. Hollywood Video. I'm an entreprenuer, as some of you may know, with two small online business, and while I enjoy the gobs of cash I make from each venture, I figured my ass needed to dabble in something movie related, SO, Hollywood Video near me was hiring, and I got a call back, and they wanted to interview yours truly tomorrow afternoon.

So, I ask that you forget about the Katrina victims for a minute, and say a prayer for your buddy Cine, so that in the next week or so, I can get free rentals, tell people what movies to rent, and make money to support my undying DVD purchasing habit.

thumb up big grin

silver_tears
Dont you have a job at some movie warehouse? confused

§pearhead
best of luck big grin

tabby999
good luck and i expect perks all the way over here in aus for my good luck

GCG
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Yeah, well, not that Hollywood. Hollywood Video. I'm an entreprenuer, as some of you may know, with two small online business, and while I enjoy the gobs of cash I make from each venture, I figured my ass needed to dabble in something movie related, SO, Hollywood Video near me was hiring, and I got a call back, and they wanted to interview yours truly tomorrow afternoon.

So, I ask that you forget about the Katrina victims for a minute, and say a prayer for your buddy Cine, so that in the next week or so, I can get free rentals, tell people what movies to rent, and make money to support my undying DVD purchasing habit.

thumb up big grin

i didnt quite understand what you are going for ; can you explain how you took the approach ?

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by silver_tears
Dont you have a job at some movie warehouse? confused

I so wish.

Originally posted by GCG
i didnt quite understand what you are going for ; can you explain how you took the approach ?

Just sharin' the news that I may be offered a position at Hollywood Video. I've been an MVP member there for well over 2 years, feel they're the 2nd best rental chain in the US behind Blockbuster, and I'm hoping to get a side job there since I'm there every other day as it is. I'd save about $15 a month in rentals, lol.

GCG

Just sharin' the news that I may be offered a position at Hollywood Video. I've been an MVP member there for well over 2 years, feel they're the 2nd best rental chain in the US behind Blockbuster, and I'm hoping to get a side job there since I'm there every other day as it is. I'd save about $15 a month in rentals, lol.

Its that when i saw 'Hollywood bound' i was imagining a post in movie production.

Good Luck ! Altough you will nail the job

TheStormrider
Dude...

You are clearly very deserving of your title Cinemaddiction. Just send them your DVD library list. With proof. They'll hire you in a second.

And yeah, I'll send a prayer to the devil for ya.

tabby999
Originally posted by GCG
Its that when i saw 'Hollywood bound' i was imagining a post in movie production.

yeah he got the lead in Debby Does Dallas 32, imagine Cine in a blonde wig

BackFire
Ugh, I'd never go back to working at a rental chain.

But, whatever floats your boat man, good luck to ya.

Oh, and didn't you work their before?

Cinemaddiction
I worked for Moovies/Video Update/Movie Gallery for a few years over the course of time, and in 2 different states.

Whirlysplatt
Video and DVD will die in the next few years to be replaced by online data bases watch and see.

Whirlysplatt
Best of luck anyway

Inspectah Deck
Bueno luck

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
Video and DVD will die in the next few years to be replaced by online data bases watch and see.

VHS in the next 2 or 3 years, definately, but not DVD. Especially with Blu Ray and HD-DVD.

GCG
Originally posted by tabby999
yeah he got the lead in Debby Does Dallas 32, imagine Cine in a blonde wig

laughing

I was refering to the behind-the-camera action ; and you never know, a blondie look could suit Cine stick out tongue

BENITO
Originally posted by silver_tears
Dont you have a job at some movie warehouse? confused If i had that job I'd watch movies all day

§P0oONY
Cine May Be Hollywood Bound!
I should kill you for referring to yourself in the 3rd person.

For shame sad

big grin stick out tongue

Cinemaddiction
I'm stealing Speller's gimmick. Oh, darn! laughing

§P0oONY
I'm stealing Speller's gimmick. Oh, darn! laughing

And you should be beaten in a game of chess for it.

Otaku
Spoonful Spooony Spoooning Spoooning Spooonster no expression

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Otaku
Spoonful Spooony Spoooning Spoooning Spooonster no expression
Okay.... What the f**k?

Cinemaddiction
Just a minor update...

I got the job!

So, 2 closing shifts a week, about 15 hours total, plus all the movies I can rent for free, which is honestly what I am most excited about. laughing out loud

TwisterGameX
Just a minor update...

I got the job!

So, 2 closing shifts a week, about 15 hours total, plus all the movies I can rent for free, which is honestly what I am most excited about. laughing out loud

Happy Dance

WindDancer
Just a minor update...

I got the job!

Congrats Cinema! Work it to make dat dolla! big grin

GCG
Just a minor update...

I got the job!

Lets raid your drink's cabinet ! eek! beer beer beer

Cinemaddiction
My girlfriend's making me a pizza in celebration. Kinda sweet, lol. I just can't wait to get there because their selection is loaaaaaaaaaaaded with Criterion DVD's I want to rent. droolio

GCG
you mean :

You want to 'borrow'

BackFire
My girlfriend's making me a pizza in celebration. Kinda sweet, lol. I just can't wait to get there because their selection is loaaaaaaaaaaaded with Criterion DVD's I want to rent. droolio

lol, you do realize that you'll have to actually do work while you're their, right? You won't be able to just walk around and browse movies all night. Especially if you work on the weekends, which you probably will.

Oh, congrats, btw.

Cinemaddiction
The store I'm working at is slow ($10,000 a week), and my shift is from 5pm-12:30am. There'll be stuff to do, granted, but I'll "get to know" the inventory anyway. I was a shift lead at Movie Gallery about 3 years ago so this isn't anything new. Just sucks that Hollywood doesn't get posters like Movie Gallery did, however, we do get marquee signs.

BackFire
Working at a small store is always a plus. Do you know what days you're working? Because even a slow store can get pretty hectic on a friday/saturday

botankus
Congrats, Cory! I found this just doing a search to see if you were still posting 'cause I hadn't seen any in a while. Good luck with your rental frenzy.

Why didn't you put this in the Movie forum? You know how often some of us Movie Discussion "regulars" check the OTF? Try never!

WindDancer
A large Criterion Collection library is a dream come true. happy

Alpha Centauri
You sound like a kid in some kind of a candy store smile. Or me in a music store.

Good luck to you, sir. Hope all goes well.

-AC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.