The 7 horcruxes....huh?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

allofyousuckkk
i was under the impression that we knew only 6 of them and that the last was for us to guess but when rereading i found out that the 7th was the snake...whhhhaaaaatttttt....i was pretty sure dumbledore said that he doubted it was the snake yet i reread the chapter like 10x and dumbledore doesnt doubt himself at all....
these are the 7:
1.Marvolos ring
2.Riddles diary
3.Slytherins locket
4.Hufflepuffs cup
5.Something of gryffindors orravenclaws
6.Nagini the snake
7.Voldemort himself....

I really feel i am incorrect....so someone...correct me...

Ushgarak
Yes, it is number 5. 'Something', see?

TheSun
Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
i was under the impression that we knew only 6 of them and that the last was for us to guess but when rereading i found out that the 7th was the snake...whhhhaaaaatttttt....i was pretty sure dumbledore said that he doubted it was the snake yet i reread the chapter like 10x and dumbledore doesnt doubt himself at all....
these are the 7:
1.Marvolos ring
2.Riddles diary
3.Slytherins locket
4.Hufflepuffs cup
6.Nagini the snake
7.Voldemort himself....

That's right.

sasee tiin
harrys scar is the fifth, he has a connection with gryffindor, we all know that.

The Ones
it boggles the mind

~Air Angel~
possibly...but it could be godric gryffindor's sword..... for Gryffindor's horcrux.

I don't think its harry or voldemort.........

zac_j
if voldemort was a horcrux, when he gets killed there's be nothing to come back as...

Tank115
I dont belie harry is the 5 horcux for several facts. and thes are;

1 Dumbledore has never hinted it.

2 Dumbledore tells harry in the 6 book voldamort has no more connection between the Horcruxes.

3 in the end of book 5 voldemort tried useing harry by posessing him and he couldent so how would part of his sole be in him if him himself can't.

hotsauce6548
these are the 7:
1.Marvolos ring
2.Riddles diary
3.Slytherins locket
4.Hufflepuffs cup
6.Nagini the snake
7.Voldemort himself....

Yes, those are the seven, but we still don't know what the "Something of Gryffindor's or Ravenclaw's" is. erm

The Phantom
Originally posted by zac_j
if voldemort was a horcrux, when he gets killed there's be nothing to come back as... ... Ok, if all the others are destroyed then he is destroyed, he can't come back.

allofyousuckkk
Originally posted by Tank115
I dont belie harry is the 5 horcux for several facts. and thes are;

1 Dumbledore has never hinted it.

2 Dumbledore tells harry in the 6 book voldamort has no more connection between the Horcruxes.

3 in the end of book 5 voldemort tried useing harry by posessing him and he couldent so how would part of his sole be in him if him himself can't.

ooooo so nagini is a horcrux 4 sure? i was so sure dumbledore said it was unlikely somewhere in the book....

hotsauce6548
ooooo so nagini is a horcrux 4 sure? i was so sure dumbledore said it was unlikely somewhere in the book....

No. He says he's pretty sure Nagini is a Horcrux, although, obviously, there is no way to be certain.

DarkC
Originally posted by sasee tiin
harrys scar is the fifth, he has a connection with gryffindor, we all know that.
It's not Harry's scar...if Voldemort can't possess him without suffering mortal pain for even a few seconds, what makes you think that a portion of his soul will survive?

birthoftheforce
it is something of gryfindor's. i have several reasons. Harry plans to go to godrics hollow to see his parents graves and then find and destroy the horcruxs. Maybe they will both happen together if you no what i mean. There is a reason it is called godrics hollow and that reason is due to godric gryfindor. i think there may be one of his relics there and it will be one of the horcruxs.

DarkC
Please stop spreading this around. A portion of LV's soul cannot possibly survive in any part of Harry.

Rave X

Voldemort is stupid, but not that stupid. He'd been trying to kill himself partly for years? Dont think so

Notavailable
I've always wondered about this. If everytime you make a horcrux you plit your soul in two wouldn't that have made his first horcrux (the diary) the biggest chunk of his soul? Becuase going by simple math here you take a whole, you plit it in two you have two halves. You take the half (that's still in him) you split that in two and you have 1 quarter. So on and so forth. So that would mean that the part of his soul that's in him and the 7th horcrux would be the smallest. So going by that wouldn't they already have gotten rid of the biggest chunk of his soul?

Notavailable
I also wonder. Did Voldemort ever get around to making the 7th horcrux? Wasn't he planning on using Harry's death to make #7? If so, then there could be one horcrux less than we thought. Or he could have made a new one after he came back.

La Vierge
Originally posted by Notavailable
I've always wondered about this. If everytime you make a horcrux you plit your soul in two wouldn't that have made his first horcrux (the diary) the biggest chunk of his soul? Becuase going by simple math here you take a whole, you plit it in two you have two halves. You take the half (that's still in him) you split that in two and you have 1 quarter. So on and so forth. So that would mean that the part of his soul that's in him and the 7th horcrux would be the smallest. So going by that wouldn't they already have gotten rid of the biggest chunk of his soul?

very smart.

the_ANTI
but harry got his scar after voldemort's powers were stripped. or it happened at the same time. Voldemort wanted to kill harry, he wasn't hoping he would survive. and even if he was, he couldn't possibly cast the spell to turn harry's scar into a horcrux. voldemort tries to kill harry, and within a split second, the scar is there, and BAM! voldemort is stripped of his powers! and also, voldemort wouldn't strip himself of his powers just to have a last horcrux. he isn't that stupid!!

Acherontia
Originally posted by Notavailable
I also wonder. Did Voldemort ever get around to making the 7th horcrux? Wasn't he planning on using Harry's death to make #7? If so, then there could be one horcrux less than we thought. Or he could have made a new one after he came back.

He Killed the Old man Remeber? It was hinted That by Killing the Old man He Made his Snake the 7th Horocrux.

Acherontia
Originally posted by the_ANTI
but harry got his scar after voldemort's powers were stripped. or it happened at the same time. Voldemort wanted to kill harry, he wasn't hoping he would survive. and even if he was, he couldn't possibly cast the spell to turn harry's scar into a horcrux. voldemort tries to kill harry, and within a split second, the scar is there, and BAM! voldemort is stripped of his powers! and also, voldemort wouldn't strip himself of his powers just to have a last horcrux. he isn't that stupid!!

I don't Believe harry Is A Horocrux, but think about this:

He Wouldn't be stupid by making Harry a Horocrux, He Wuold be Down Right Smart, a genious.

If Voldermort Dies, He Relives becasue of Harry.

So Harry Most Destroy All HoroCruxes. If he must do so, he Must kill Himself, Thus, Destroy the only Person that Can overcome Voldermort.

If Harry Doesn't Kill himself, but Kills voldermort, Voldermort Relives beacsue of Harry. And He'd have to Kill Him again.... If Harry isn't Dead.

As I Said, He'd Be Down right genious.

Ushgarak
He'd be downright stupid. He wouldn't create a Horcrux he had no control over- he's far too paranoid for that. Furthermore, Voldemort is obsessed with killing Harry; he wouldn't create a Horcrux with the sole intent of destroying it. And finally, he'd be only too aware that Harry would just kill himself if need be.

It's a dumb idea from start to finish.

hpfan123
Voldemort was going to make his 7th horcrux with harry death yes so his scar couldnt be the 5th one as harry wouldnt even have the scar yet or even be born yet, after reading all the books i think that it is true what dumbledore said and he said that when dumbledore killed that old man (in book 4) he decided to make his horcrux with the old mans death and hide the part of his soul in the snake this is wht i think the horcruxes are:

1. Marvolos ring
2. Riddles diary
3. Hufflepuffs locket
4. Slytherines cup
5. Either something of ravenclaws, the gryfindor sword or sorting hat
6. Voldemorts snake
7. This parts inside voldemort himself

This is what i beleve if he really did make this many horcruxes he could have only made a few! tell me what you think!??

Acherontia
I think that Harry Will never be able to Find the Other Horocruxes With one Book. He bassically has to start from scratch wit no leads at all, toehr then Speculations about what they might be... PLUS he has to Kill LV, no way can he do that in one book, I mean, look how long it took A Well informed Dumbledore, it took him Almost an entire year to located Just one of them.

Thats Why I think the Seventh Will be Good awfull.

Dresta
Originally posted by hpfan123
Voldemort was going to make his 7th horcrux with harry death yes so his scar couldnt be the 5th one as harry wouldnt even have the scar yet or even be born yet, after reading all the books i think that it is true what dumbledore said and he said that when dumbledore killed that old man (in book 4) he decided to make his horcrux with the old mans death and hide the part of his soul in the snake this is wht i think the horcruxes are:

1. Marvolos ring
2. Riddles diary
3. Hufflepuffs locket
4. Slytherines cup
5. Either something of ravenclaws, the gryfindor sword or sorting hat
6. Voldemorts snake
7. This parts inside voldemort himself

This is what i beleve if he really did make this many horcruxes he could have only made a few! tell me what you think!??

NO!

zombieman
I think there is a slight possibility that one of the horcruxes could be Wormtails silver hand. We don't know a great deal about this item, it could have a connection to ravenclaw or griffindor? I know its a long shot, but its not as unlikely as harry being a horcrux; which is just plain ridiculous for a number of reasons people have pointed out on this forum.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Acherontia
I think that Harry Will never be able to Find the Other Horocruxes With one Book. He bassically has to start from scratch wit no leads at all, toehr then Speculations about what they might be... PLUS he has to Kill LV, no way can he do that in one book, I mean, look how long it took A Well informed Dumbledore, it took him Almost an entire year to located Just one of them.

Thats Why I think the Seventh Will be Good awfull.

I must admit this worries me as well, I would be very disappointed if J.K.R resorted to a deus ex machina to finish the series. Book six saw Harry struggle to deal with Malfoy twice (on the train and in the bathroom) then struggle to deal with the zombie things in the cave (if Dumbledore hadn't been there...) and then totally fail to do anything to Snape who may or may not have been holding back.

It just seems like it would be such a big jump from that to tracking down who knows how many horcruxs and defeating Voldermort as well, who I assume would be equal to Snape, if not even more powerful.

zombieman
Personally, I think Snape will be Harrys biggest asset in the next book. Prepare yourself for the ultimate irony in the last book, when Snape and Harry fight side by side against Voldemort.

the_blue_baby
The 7 Horocruxes are like this:

1.The diary - 2nd book
2.The ring - 6th book
3.The medallion - 6th book again
4.The Hufflepuffs locket - 7th book
5.The diadem - 7th book again
6.Harry Potter's scar in fact Harry as himself - 7th book again
7.Naginy Voldemrots Snake 7th book again (In the end)

These are
Enjoy
:P :*

Jbill311
Hindsight is always 20/20

did anyone guess right the first time? (b4 reading no. 7?)

flipkick777
Originally posted by the_blue_baby
The 7 Horocruxes are like this:

1.The diary - 2nd book
2.The ring - 6th book
3.The medallion - 6th book again
4.The Hufflepuffs locket - 7th book
5.The diadem - 7th book again
6.Harry Potter's scar in fact Harry as himself - 7th book again
7.Naginy Voldemrots Snake 7th book again (In the end)

These are
Enjoy
:P :*

but there is a slight error here............you are forgetting that Dumbly said he guessed thet there were seven pieces, but there were actually eight.... they are as follows:

The Locket
The Ring
The Diary
The Cup
The Diadem (Ravenclaw's)
Nagini
Good ol' Voldie himself. But the night Lily and James were killed, he gave a bit of his soul over to Harry, thereby creating another "Horcrux", if you will. This makes eight peices.

Sorry.......I just felt the undying need to correct that. You may ignore this post at will...... eek!

Almighty Bauer
Originally posted by Jbill311
Hindsight is always 20/20

did anyone guess right the first time? (b4 reading no. 7?) No one could have, because the diadem of Ravenclaw had not been mentioned before book 7...
And whoever resurrected a 3 year old thread is an idiot.

flipkick777
Originally posted by Almighty Bauer
No one could have, because the diadem of Ravenclaw had not been mentioned before book 7...
And whoever resurrected a 3 year old thread is an idiot.

No......whoever resurrected this 3 year old thread is someone who cares about it enough to do something.

MightyCelestial
Every time any one of us posts on this site,
a bit of our souls die.

AC/DC'S_LVR
1:The Ring
2:Tom Riddles diary
3:Nagini
4: Slytherins locket
5:Hufflepuffs cup
6:Ravenclaws crown/headpiece thingy
7:Harry himself

AC/DC'S_LVR
Originally posted by MightyCelestial
Every time any one of us posts on this site,
a bit of our souls die.
the higher your postcount, the more dead inside you are none

nakama
i like harry potter and i have read some of the books too. i am only a newbie in HP that's why i only know little things of this wonderful series. What is a horcrux anyway?...eeeehhh sorry if you think the question is stupid. I am just dying to know the meaning of this word.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by nakama
i like harry potter and i have read some of the books too. i am only a newbie in HP that's why i only know little things of this wonderful series. What is a horcrux anyway?...eeeehhh sorry if you think the question is stupid. I am just dying to know the meaning of this word.

A horcrux is an object (inanimate or animate) that has a piece of a person's soul hidden within it. Its purpose is to grant the person immortality, for as long as part of the soul is intact, the person can never truly die.

The creation of a horcrux is considered some of the darkest magic in the Harry Potter universe.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by celestialdemon
A horcrux is an object (inanimate or animate) that has a piece of a person's soul hidden within it. Its purpose is to grant the person immortality, for as long as part of the soul is intact, the person can never truly die.

The creation of a horcrux is considered some of the darkest magic in the Harry Potter universe.

Spoiler, much?

KingD19
Well, the thread is asking what they are.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Spoiler, much?

The book has been out for almost 2 years, and the thread is entitled "The 7 horcruxes...huh?" in a Harry Potter forum. That's warning enough.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.