how do u no when your saved- do u?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jlee17xoxo412
a lot of people ask how do u no when your saved. Does someone tell u, do u just no, how exactly do u no. Let me no wat u think on this.

debbiejo
Well, after the Apocalypse...if you're still around, then you've been saved.

Atlantis001
People believe in the bible without any reason so easily, then why they need a method to know if they are saved. Just believe in it like they belive in random things.

debbiejo
Well if you believe in predestination....it doesn't matter if you think your saved....can even life the very best life you can, but if not chosen then you not gonna make it....Predestination is very widely taught in churches...soooo sad.....People always want to know if they've committed the "Unpardonable Sin"....Yet no one can really say what that sin is....

Shakyamunison
Some old guy dunks you under water. laughing

Imlistening
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Some old guy dunks you under water. laughing

and says a few words... lol.

debbiejo
Drunk guy staggers up because of all the people.....stands in line...Pastor says "you want to find Jesus"....yes, says the drunk....pastor dunks him....Did you find him?....NO! says the drunk...OK says the pastor and dunks him again......Did you find Jesus yet? NO, says the drunk.....Are you sure he's in that lake?

DreamingWarrior
Hmm.... after a life of hatred and violence, i came to this. I sat on my comode at 17 years of age and told God He had 2 choices. Either prove to me He is real or I kill myself and see. I had and still have the knife that was pressing on my veins in my wrist, ready to go. I felt like someone was speaking to me, and the (not really a voice, but like one) words were "wait. " so I did. that weekend my friend Brian took me out to a youth retreat with him, and I sat around friday and saturday and most of sunday arrogant and ignoring my heart. Sunday evening, at a church, they did as I had expected an altar call, so I went. I stood there and thought to God, " Here I am, where are YOU?". I stood for a bit and then felt that voice tell me to whisper to God. So I did. A few more minutes went by, and it hit me again. "Speak to God". So I started talking to God, telling Him how dissappointed I was in Him, and laying it all out. Where was He, and why did I have to suffer so much? I went to my knees, and the voice said "Now, scream to me." That was pretty much where my memory blanks out, beyond I remember feeling like this intense pain shooting out of my chest and away, and up through my mouth as I laid back on my heels, screaming. After I stopped screaming and crying, I felt alive, for the first time in my existence. I was vibrant, and full of energy, even though I should have been exhausted. The following days I did a 180 on life, and began living for others, not for myself. Still screw up now and again, but I know now that I have a real Dad in heaven, and that He loves and forgives me. Albeit, He wants me to do my best and be the best I can. Ha... Great guy, God. Good sense of Humor.

debbiejo
Cool for you.......

jlee17xoxo412
Originally posted by DreamingWarrior
Hmm.... after a life of hatred and violence, i came to this. I sat on my comode at 17 years of age and told God He had 2 choices. Either prove to me He is real or I kill myself and see. I had and still have the knife that was pressing on my veins in my wrist, ready to go. I felt like someone was speaking to me, and the (not really a voice, but like one) words were "wait. " so I did. that weekend my friend Brian took me out to a youth retreat with him, and I sat around friday and saturday and most of sunday arrogant and ignoring my heart. Sunday evening, at a church, they did as I had expected an altar call, so I went. I stood there and thought to God, " Here I am, where are YOU?". I stood for a bit and then felt that voice tell me to whisper to God. So I did. A few more minutes went by, and it hit me again. "Speak to God". So I started talking to God, telling Him how dissappointed I was in Him, and laying it all out. Where was He, and why did I have to suffer so much? I went to my knees, and the voice said "Now, scream to me." That was pretty much where my memory blanks out, beyond I remember feeling like this intense pain shooting out of my chest and away, and up through my mouth as I laid back on my heels, screaming. After I stopped screaming and crying, I felt alive, for the first time in my existence. I was vibrant, and full of energy, even though I should have been exhausted. The following days I did a 180 on life, and began living for others, not for myself. Still screw up now and again, but I know now that I have a real Dad in heaven, and that He loves and forgives me. Albeit, He wants me to do my best and be the best I can. Ha... Great guy, God. Good sense of Humor. very well said. i remember when i had a feeling like that. a may be young but that dosn't mean anything. i'm still learning alot though so i still make a whole bunch of mistakes. thats ok though, as long as i don't do it on purpose or just to be a smart a**, i know he can forgive

Shakyamunison
Hmm.... after a life of hatred and violence, i came to this. I sat on my comode at 17 years of age and told God He had 2 choices. Either prove to me He is real or I kill myself and see. I had and still have the knife that was pressing on my veins in my wrist, ready to go. I felt like someone was speaking to me, and the (not really a voice, but like one) words were "wait. " so I did. that weekend my friend Brian took me out to a youth retreat with him, and I sat around friday and saturday and most of sunday arrogant and ignoring my heart. Sunday evening, at a church, they did as I had expected an altar call, so I went. I stood there and thought to God, " Here I am, where are YOU?". I stood for a bit and then felt that voice tell me to whisper to God. So I did. A few more minutes went by, and it hit me again. "Speak to God". So I started talking to God, telling Him how dissappointed I was in Him, and laying it all out. Where was He, and why did I have to suffer so much? I went to my knees, and the voice said "Now, scream to me." That was pretty much where my memory blanks out, beyond I remember feeling like this intense pain shooting out of my chest and away, and up through my mouth as I laid back on my heels, screaming. After I stopped screaming and crying, I felt alive, for the first time in my existence. I was vibrant, and full of energy, even though I should have been exhausted. The following days I did a 180 on life, and began living for others, not for myself. Still screw up now and again, but I know now that I have a real Dad in heaven, and that He loves and forgives me. Albeit, He wants me to do my best and be the best I can. Ha... Great guy, God. Good sense of Humor.

I understand what you have gone through, although I understand it differently than you do. Here is a truth that we can both share, listen to that voice, it is always there, and it knows the correct thing to do in your life at all times. I am a Buddhist and even I have that voice, I have learned how to hear it, it is a still and quiet voice. God is common for all people.

occultus
In my opinion, there is no such thing as being "saved". Your sins may have been washed away, DreamingWarrior, but you are not nessecarily "saved". You must be ever vigilant not to fall into old patterns, or the incident when God pulled the evils out of you will have been for nothing.

finti
Somebody save me
I don't care how you do it
Just stay
Stay
Come on
I've been waiting for you - Remy Zero

debbiejo
OK....just follow the drunk guy down to the lake...maybe the both of you can find Jesus in that lake....He's down there somewhere.

DreamingWarrior
Ok.

Deb, ha! cool for alotta folks. I was a piece of crap before that day. You would never have talked to me here, or irl, if you knew me before then. I scared the christians I knew.

Jlee, Yeah. Just gotta do your best, and let God handle your worst.

Shaky, Ha. yup. hey, I may not agree with the religions out there, but I see it like this: Jesus said go and tell folks about him, not bean 'em with a bible and say they're gonna burn in hell. You respect my beliefs, I will most definitely respect yours. Within reason, of course. (sorry cannibals... laughing out loud )

Occultus, Very true in a sense. I will NOT debate calvinism here, but suffice to say that yes, as a man of God, I do have to watch what I do. Granted I WANT to do His will now, He doesn't force me to. Still a foolish human, and as you may see from my past postings I still need to gain some control over my temper and tongue, but I talk to the Father day and night, and ask for forgiveness when I act silly. And then I ask for the ones wronged to forgive me.

I really enjoy this place. heh. don't have many folks near me to talk to about this stuff.

Shakyamunison
Ok.

Deb, ha! cool for alotta folks. I was a piece of crap before that day. You would never have talked to me here, or irl, if you knew me before then. I scared the christians I knew.

Jlee, Yeah. Just gotta do your best, and let God handle your worst.

Shaky, Ha. yup. hey, I may not agree with the religions out there, but I see it like this: Jesus said go and tell folks about him, not bean 'em with a bible and say they're gonna burn in hell. You respect my beliefs, I will most definitely respect yours. Within reason, of course. (sorry cannibals... laughing out loud )

Occultus, Very true in a sense. I will NOT debate calvinism here, but suffice to say that yes, as a man of God, I do have to watch what I do. Granted I WANT to do His will now, He doesn't force me to. Still a foolish human, and as you may see from my past postings I still need to gain some control over my temper and tongue, but I talk to the Father day and night, and ask for forgiveness when I act silly. And then I ask for the ones wronged to forgive me.

I really enjoy this place. heh. don't have many folks near me to talk to about this stuff.

You know I feel that we have the same God. Just a different view. There are some thing that are the same; I have to be careful of what I do and say, and I listen to God inside of me. big grin

debbiejo
Well you sound happy now..... smile ....glad something made a good change in you.

DreamingWarrior
Originally posted by debbiejo
Well you sound happy now..... smile ....glad something made a good change in you.
Heh, yup wink

Shaky: God is to each person what they see Him as... some of us see Him in a similar light.

finti
I see this god as a man created being

DreamingWarrior
Originally posted by finti
I see this god as a man created being
hey, some do. Your right as a human allows for your own opinion.

jlee17xoxo412
hey, some do. Your right as a human allows for your own opinion.

yea, that is true

gp christ loves
it is by faith that we are saved through christ who died for us
believe and you will be saved

finti
naiive

DreamingWarrior
Originally posted by finti
naiive ahem. let folks believe their way dude. you believe yours.

finti
it is still naiive

by this logic it means everyone can be saved and I mean EVERYONE, and thats why it is naiive

gp christ loves
naiive is not believeing you don't realize how lost you truly are finti everyone can be saved some people just choose not to believe and not to be saved aparrently you dont read the bible much do you
faith is the knowledge of things hoped for and the beliefe in things unseen remember finti it isn't as hard as you think it is God is ther for you if you except him it is a free gift you just have to take it

finti
naiive is buying that everyone can be saved no matter what, that way of logic even satan can be saved

more than enough we had christianity with its bible as a mandatory subject for two hours each day for nine years in School, I always loe the narrow mnded way of thinking that if you dont buy religion and especially christianity you havent open the bible too much. Have it ever occured to you it is because of the bible we dont buy it??

been there done that, and what so free about it you have to obey some set rules to worship an egosentric set deity, oh yeah what a freebie

DreamingWarrior
ok guys, let us not argue... you both believe what you want, and our opinions differ. come on, step up and get back on track... this is about if you know you are saved, how, etc.....

jlee17xoxo412
yea guys lets get a long smile

mysparrow
Originally posted by debbiejo
Well if you believe in predestination....it doesn't matter if you think your saved....can even life the very best life you can, but if not chosen then you not gonna make it....Predestination is very widely taught in churches...soooo sad.....People always want to know if they've committed the "Unpardonable Sin"....Yet no one can really say what that sin is.... Unpardonable sin is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit , which is when the Holy Spirit comes to you , drawing you to salvation , you refuse it , only thing God wont forgive . smile

mysparrow
Originally posted by jlee17xoxo412
a lot of people ask how do u no when your saved. Does someone tell u, do u just no, how exactly do u no. Let me no wat u think on this. Once you accept salvation by believing and confessing , as stated in Romans 10:9, 10, there will be a change in your outlook on things , the things you used to enjoy that may not be pleasing to God will not be as enjoyable etc. usually there is a desire to tell everyone you come across about what you have experienced also . Are you seeking ? or is this a rhetorical question? smile

finti
in other words it all gets boring

HairyPooper
A person is saved who

Turns from their sins

Calls on the Name of the Lord Jesus with all their hearts

Confess Jesus as Lord

Lives for Jesus in obedience.

Trusts Jesus for their salvation.

Is washed in Jesus Blood.

Its all about Jesus

fini
washed in Jesus blood?? ewwwwwww

debbiejo
Pagans also washed in the blood of lambs and bulls that is where the bible myths came form.

jlee17xoxo412
Originally posted by HairyPooper
A person is saved who

Turns from their sins

Calls on the Name of the Lord Jesus with all their hearts

Confess Jesus as Lord

Lives for Jesus in obedience.

Trusts Jesus for their salvation.

Is washed in Jesus Blood.

Its all about Jesus

i like how you put that because it's true

Makedde
What the hell do people need to be saved from?

I need to be saved from those annoying telemarketers.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.