Just became an official wolverine hater

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
went to the comics section of a bookstore and lo and behold there's like a ton of wolverine solo books...big deal, you say, he is one of Marvel's top characters, well you got a point there

what crossed the line was that almost every friggin x-men book cover had wolverine prominently on it, as if marvel dont trust that people would read any of their x books if it didn't have wolverine in it

Im just sick of his over-exposure, they should make him disappear for a while, you know what they say "distance makes the heart grow fonder"

willRules
I dont hate Wolverine I think he is an ok character, but I would prefer many other characters to be shown off more such as Nightcrawler, Deadpool or Professor Xavier ...............

Pointinel
Originally posted by masterbruce
Im just sick of his over-exposure, they should make him disappear for a while, you know what they say "distance makes the heart grow fonder"

cosign that.

i too feel he should take some away time.smile then come back early 2006 with a fukkin bang

Pointinel
Originally posted by masterbruce
went to the comics section of a bookstore and lo and behold there's like a ton of wolverine solo books...big deal, you say, he is one of Marvel's top characters, well you got a point there

what crossed the line was that almost every friggin x-men book cover had wolverine prominently on it, as if marvel dont trust that people would read any of their x books if it didn't have wolverine in it

but that's not reason enough to be a hater. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Creshosk
You hate someone because they're popular?

Yeah, that's real mature. . . of course since this is a comic book section of a forum on the internet. . so I guess maturity isn't exactly to be expected. . .

Carry on I guess. . .

Tha C-Master
Creshosk needs to practice reading skills and stop taking things out of context, maybe people will respect debating with wolverine supporters. He explicitlly said over exposure.

I looooove tacos, but If i eat it everyday, 3 times a day, then...

Even if he hated wolverine, so what?

People hate the elecktra movie, and noones complaining, people can hate wolverine, get over it...

Disregarding a persons opinon, because it doesn't suit yours, isn't mature either.

True though wolverine is their cash cow, so he will be on everything, overexposed, and overrated, like 50cent. smokin'

Creshosk
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Creshosk needs to practice reading skills and stop taking things out of context, maybe people will respect debating with wolverine supporters. He explicitlly said over exposure.

I looooove tacos, but If i eat it everyday, 3 times a day, then...

Even if he hated wolverine, so what?

People hate the elecktra movie, and noones complaining, people can hate wolverine, get over it...

Disregarding a persons opinon, because it doesn't suit yours, isn't mature either.

True though wolverine is their cash cow, so he will be on everything, overexposed, and overrated, like 50cent. smokin' Welcome back C, this place is addicting ain't it?

SnakeEyes
I respect his opinion and all, but jeez, it seems as though there have been way too many Wolverine "hater" threads, (overexposure on KMC right there). There are plenty of comic characters I dislike that other people here do like; but I don't go around doing what everyone else here seems to do and start a thread about my "hatred" towards a fictional character... I guess it really just seems pointless in my opinion.

masterbruce
you guys are misinterpreting what I mean by hatred

I don't mean that I actually hate wolverine

just that I'm sick of his extreme overexposure (ie, wolverine's got so many singles: in one he's a samurai, in another hes a redneck, in another hes a soldier, its like they try to put wolverine in as many different roles as possible to come up with new singles..and the fact that he's the main character on almost every xmen book)

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Creshosk
Welcome back C, this place is addicting ain't it? Not really, I had to get rid of this stupid fanboy on the snake thread, now I'm tired all over again.

I'm going to talk to my gf again...

masterbruce
gf trumps comics anytime, sadly I dont have one

Tha C-Master
that sucks

masterbruce
hence I am the Master Bator

Tha C-Master
You'll get over your slump, just believe in yourself...

long pig
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I respect his opinion and all, but jeez, it seems as though there have been way too many Wolverine "hater" threads, (overexposure on KMC right there). There are plenty of comic characters I dislike that other people here do like; but I don't go around doing what everyone else here seems to do and start a thread about my "hatred" towards a fictional character... I guess it really just seems pointless in my opinion.
How the **** do you have a sig that big?

SnakeEyes
laughing ^ Everyone always asks me that, and I think I joined right before they restricted the size more. I didn't even make it, my bud Linkalicious did. If I try to use another sig, I can't use this one again because it will be too big, so I've always kept it.

Tha C-Master
Nice sig too...

willRules
I like the background as well , it blends well..........

Tha C-Master
Get rid of your lion, and put bp on your avatar dude...

roughrider
Back in 1988, Chris Claremont thought it was unneccessary for Wolvie to have his own book (even though he was writing it), that they were taking away some mystery and risking overexposure of him - he was and is guest-starring all over the place. He doesn't HAVE to be in the Avengers now, can't the line be drawn anywhere? Overglutting your audience, eventually they get ho-hum.

ScarletSpider
I wouldn't mind him being in the Avengers if he a) could be written competently by Bendis and b) quit the X-Men.

Master-Borg

Battlehammer
hahahaha we all already you this about you masterbruce there not need for a thread.

Master-Borg
Originally posted by Battlehammer
hahahaha we all already you this about you masterbruce there not need for a thread. actually if you read the thread...you'll know that I don't hate Wolverine at all...I just felt he was overexposed

Battlehammer
I read the thread. And it was unneeded.

and we all already know you hate him. You make that evident. We know you think he over exspodes. Niether one needed a thread to tell us this.

also this was beyond pointless to bump.

Master-Borg

and we all already know you hate him. You make that evident. you like to believe that don't you...despite my claims to the contrary

Battlehammer
Not it not that I believe it, its that I know for a fact.

nor does you bumping this thread help your "I really do like wolverine" arguement.

Phantom Zone
Masterbruce probably feels the same way I feel about Wolverine. I like the character but some fans make me hate him, which is why sometimes you see me saying spiteful things about Wolverine.

Soljer
It's incredibly immature to let another person (especially a nameless, faceless poster on a message board) ruin your enjoyment a character.

I like the Hulk. I've always liked the Hulk. Even through all his fanboys, and spite thread, and everything else; I STILL like the Hulk. *shrug*

I very much doubt anyone is ever gonna change that.

starlock
This just makes me like wolverine even more smile

Bad Ash231
Originally posted by Master-Borg
hence I am the Master Bator

crylaugh

Etrigan
Strangely what pisses me off is when I go to comic stores (actually mainly bookstores that sell a lot of comics, but hey) and there's a ridiculous amount of Wolverine books around... and practically no other Marvel/DC books, just miscellaneous stuff like Sin City and Hellboy.

>______<

Endrict Nuul

Hate is too strong of a word for something like this. However should may really dislike all of this.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Hate is too strong of a word for something like this. However should may really dislike all of this.

" actually if you read the thread...you'll know that I don't hate Wolverine at all...I just felt he was overexposed"

Cool....stick out tongue

Battlehammer
lol find this amussing.

Notices how there never any spiderman threads like this. even though he has more ong goings and comics per year then any one elses in marvel.

Master-Borg
lol find this amussing.

Notices how there never any spiderman threads like this. even though he has more ong goings and comics per year then any one elses in marvel. I actually see more Wolverine comics than Spiderman comics...I wouldn't be surprised if Logan was #1 in sales these days

Battlehammer
I actually see more Wolverine comics than Spiderman comics...I wouldn't be surprised if Logan was #1 in sales these days
well you see wrong. Spiderman has more comics, apearances each year then wolverine or any one in marvel for that matter. This year is the only year were Logan might come closes to matching spidermans exspossor.

spiderman has 3 on goings, spiderman classics, spiderman tales (or advanture or some such).

Thats just his solo comics lol not even adding the team he on or his many exttra apparences.

starlock
lol find this amussing.

Notices how there never any spiderman threads like this. even though he has more ong goings and comics per year then any one elses in marvel.

Lets not forget....batman....superman, its DC but nobody complains stick out tongue

Master-Borg
well you see wrong.

It's funny thing that I'm not aware of the existence of any Spiderman fanboys but I do know a few Wolverine fanboys. wink

Phantom Zone
well you see wrong. Spiderman has more comics, apearances each year then wolverine or any one in marvel for that matter. This year is the only year were Logan might come closes to matching spidermans exspossor.

spiderman has 3 on goings, spiderman classics, spiderman tales (or advanture or some such).

Thats just his solo comics lol not even adding the team he on or his many exttra apparences.

He doesnt have rabid fanboys. Anyway like I said I dont actually hate Wolverine its just you guys make me make snide remarks every once in a while because you think hes perfect. Thats why in some debates you will actually see me sticking up for him. I throughly enjoyed Astonshing Xmen for example.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Yeah....wonder why that is.
he the most popular. No one wishes to hate on him.

Soljer
Yeah....wonder why that is.

No idea. Considering the two most popular characters in Marvel and DC (Spiderman, Wolverine, Superman and Batman); we only ever see these overexposure threads for Wolverine and Superman. Never Spiderman or Batman.

Weird.

Soljer
he the most popular. No one wishes to hate on him.

That logic doesn't make sense.

Why would no one want to hate the MOST popular, but everyone want to hate the SECOND most?

Battlehammer
It's funny thing that I'm not aware of the existence of any Spiderman fanboys but I do know a few Wolverine fanboys. wink
not sure what this has to do with anything and is as unneed as this thread or your existances on the board.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Soljer
That logic doesn't make sense.

Why would no one want to hate the MOST popular, but everyone want to hate the SECOND most?

I have theories on it, but what I do know is the msot popular character from dc and marvel are not hated on, but there second most popular characters are. wierd is it not?

Phantom Zone
...edits.

Master-Borg
not sure what this has to do with anything and is as unneed as this thread or your existances on the board. laughing

Master-Borg
I have theories on it, but what I do know is the msot popular character from dc and marvel are not hated on, but there second most popular characters are. wierd is it not? Superman is DC's most popular character

Master-Borg
I have theories on it, but what I do know is the msot popular character from dc and marvel are not hated on, but there second most popular characters are. wierd is it not? actually I see a correlation between characters who have the most fanboys being the most controversial ones.

ie. storm, hulk, wolverine, thanos, etc

Soljer
Superman is DC's most popular character

Superman's a bigger icon, but Batman's the bigger seller.

Raoul
Superman's a bigger icon, but Batman's the bigger seller.

aye... batman doesnt get nearly as much hate as superman...

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Raoul
aye... batman doesnt get nearly as much hate as superman...

Thats probably because Batman is darker and meaner. Hell I have LOADS of Batman comics and hardly anything else of DC. It seems alot of people that are partial to Marvel like Batman but cant stomache anything else of DC.

Soljer
Thats probably because Batman is darker and meaner. Hell I have LOADS of Batman comics and hardly anything else of DC. It seems alot of people that are partial to Marvel like Batman but cant stomache anything else of DC.

That can't be the reason. If that were the case, people'd also like Wolverine over Spiderman - Logan's much 'darker and meaner' than pretty boy Parker.

Phantom Zone
That can't be the reason. If that were the case, people'd also like Wolverine over Spiderman - Logan's much 'darker and meaner' than pretty boy Parker.

They may still like Batman for his darkness over Supeman because of how its portrayed, both Wolverine and Batman are dark but they are dark in different ways. Maybe Batmans darkness is more appealling than Wolverines.

Anyway since ive heard people on this forum maoning about how they think Superman is a softee and how somebody ive spoken to in real life was more interested in Batman as opposed to Captain America it may still be the reason. So maybe its not enough to be dark but dark in a certain way.

Endless Mike

Completely agree

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.