AlienWare: Star Wars Edition CPU

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CobbleR
I was thinking of getting one of these after I saw it in Game Informer and I was wondering if any one here had gotten one of these if you have I would like know how it performs, if it's worth getting.......etc.

Here's a link if you're intrested http://alienware.com/starwars_pages/awswaurora.aspx

Lord-Nihilus
dude, a cpu means central processing unit, how can u get an Star wars based alienware cpu???

The designs are pretty nice, saw them months ago, especially the darth vadar one, and here is some good news, when u buy say like, the darth vadar pc, it comes with a desktop theme all about vadar with customised icons and skins for programs like media player.

Since i cant afford one, and none of my friends can, were working on how to "steal" the desktop theme for the DS and LS alienware pc, so if u cant afford one, i'll be posting the desktop theme on here later...

Tangible God
LMAO, if you got one of those, I would HAVE to find out where you live, come over every day and call you a dork.

BornToRule
that was the most beutiful thing i have ever seen!cry

CobbleR
Originally posted by Lord-Nihilus
dude, a cpu means central processing unit, how can u get an Star wars based alienware cpu???

The designs are pretty nice, saw them months ago, especially the darth vadar one, and here is some good news, when u buy say like, the darth vadar pc, it comes with a desktop theme all about vadar with customised icons and skins for programs like media player.

Since i cant afford one, and none of my friends can, were working on how to "steal" the desktop theme for the DS and LS alienware pc, so if u cant afford one, i'll be posting the desktop theme on here later...
I apologize I was unaware of what CPU stood for, I always thought it was short for computer. Also that would be pretty cool if or when you get the desktop theme.

Lord Janus
Alienware looks nice, and it's always geared towards gaming, but really, my computer can hold its own against any alienware PC and my processor would **** those machines up.

Veneficus
Originally posted by Lord Janus
Alienware looks nice, and it's always geared towards gaming, but really, my computer can hold its own against any alienware PC and my processor would **** those machines up.

I HATE MY LAPTOP!

Lord Janus
I would never buy a laptop. They are always slow as hell and not worth the money, unless you live in a bus or something.

Veneficus
I would never buy a laptop. They are always slow as hell and not worth the money, unless you live in a bus or something.

My laptop is top of the line with over 3gig prossing power it simply was not designed to handle games.

Lord Janus

You're kidding me? You have over 3 GB of processing speed and you can't play a game?

Veneficus

You're kidding me? You have over 3 GB of processing speed and you can't play a game?

Well like I have told you before my graphics card is what slows me down. I can play stuff like Balder's Gate 2 but anything higher than that causes problems. I had to restart KOTOR 1 and 2 like 20 times each time I played through it and I saved my game every minuet or so.

Lord Janus
How puny is your graphics card?

Veneficus
How puny is your graphics card?

Its a new radical chipset made for laptops and is a Radeon 64meg, but it lacks a Open GL lighting system(this a biggy)so all the meg is worthless when I come to areas full of many lights or smoke.

Lord Janus
Wow, that does suck.

Sorgo
Originally posted by Dark Nemesis
Wow, that does suck.

laughing

Fishy
Thats why you should never buy a laptop for gaming, even the best gaming laptop is weaker then an normal gaming PC. It lacks the power...

And WTF is alienware? Csae modders? I hate case moddingmad

Seriously I do, a PC that gives light, it should be dark when I play games, I shouldn't have a bolt of neon lightning up everything under my desk.

CobbleR
I think neon lights on anything kicks ass except body parts.

Fishy
I don't... I buy a computer so that I can game... Now all I have to is get some good games stick out tongue Thing is, when its dark gaming is more fun at least with a lot of games. A computer that lights up the room sucks IMO.

CobbleR
Every one is different. You dislike neon, I like it. Oh well.

Fishy
Shit happens.

Lord-Nihilus
Ahhh, i canny tell the difference between fishy and cobbler?!?!

My pc is what i call.. a BEAST, it can handle anything, but back onto the topic at hand, yes, were still waiting for some idiot to actually buy an alienware PC, and then we can "borrow" the desktop themes, nothing about it is illegal, 100%, its just that we need someone to actually own and alienware star wars Pc.

Lord-Nihilus
Here is a screenshot of my current desktop theme, this is what comes out with most alienware Pc's.

Lord-Nihilus
Here is a picture of my desktop now, completely transformed into the alienware Darkstar theme, this one only comes out on the alienware darkstar desktops, so its pretty nice to look at, heres a pic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.