WTF moments in any of the SW movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi-Kaisa
I can't think of any moments at this...moment. I haven't seen the movies for a while so i'll give yous one when I do.

Enjoy smile

Antillies
LUKE i am your father!!!!! laughing

overlord
Vader being from Tatooine too. C3PO turning out to be made by the dark lord himself, R2D2 turning out to be savior of the universe in the past. Greedo being one of little darth vaders friends. All this nonsense making the SW universe seem so small.

Jedi-Kaisa
I got one: When Obi gets a call from Bail Organa and Obi says "Senator Organa!" That was the $#%^tiest peice of acting i've ever seen.

Otaku
When Schmi said Anakin doesnt have a father.

exanda kane
err - the prequel trilogy?

Veneficus
When Vader dumped in his pants.

ESB-1138
When Anakin killed Count Dooku: WTF?

Darth_Emodas
Originally posted by ESB-1138
When Anakin killed Count Dooku: WTF?

I don't see the problem. Anakin's strength in the Force had surpassed Dooku at this point. You think a Makashi practitioner can defend against a Djem So user of greater power? Never.

My WTF moment: When Mace got his hand chopped off. That is seeming more and more to be an occupational hazard of being a Jedi. It's a wonder they don't ALL have a robotic hand. big grin

ESB-1138
I take it you are joking about Anakin being stronger then Dooku

§pearhead
My only wtf moment...and I'm going to reword the lines to prove my point.

Palpy: Kill him!
Anakin: No, I really shouldn't...
Palpy: Kill him!
Anakin: OK!

Veneficus
My WTF moment...

Padme: Ani...I'm pregnant!

Anakin: *thinking in his head* Damnit!

CobbleR

overlord
(JarjarBinks)Some insane amphibian turning politician.. WTF?????????

General Makashi
Originally posted by Darth_Emodas
I don't see the problem. Anakin's strength in the Force had surpassed Dooku at this point. You think a Makashi practitioner can defend against a Djem So user of greater power? Never.

My WTF moment: When Mace got his hand chopped off. That is seeming more and more to be an occupational hazard of being a Jedi. It's a wonder they don't ALL have a robotic hand. big grin

Blasphemy!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a known fact that Makashi is the best form of lightsaber combat. Please don't come back saying "Oh Vaapad is better because you use the dark side"1111!!!!1111!!!!!11! Vapad is Shien on crack.

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by General Makashi
Blasphemy!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a known fact that Makashi is the best form of lightsaber combat. Please don't come back saying "Oh Vaapad is better because you use the dark side"1111!!!!1111!!!!!11! Vapad is Shien on crack.

I agree. Aint Djem So supposed to be an anti-blaster fighting style????

General Makashi
Djem-So is a type of Shien. . .more defensive I believe. . .

Lord Janus
Djem So/Shien is Form V of lightsaber combat. Emphasising the philosophy "Strength through superior firepower", it relies on wide, strong swings and some Soresu-based close manuevers to provide its practitioner with a powerful and aggressive-defensive based style. However, unlike Soresu, Djem So/Shien redirects enemy fire back at the opponent, as opposed to deflecting it. Also, both Luke Skywalker and Anakin Skywalker are major practitioners of this style.

There is NOTHING to say that this style made Anakin superior to Dooku or his style. I'm not sure where the bias came from (probably from Wikipedia) but Dooku's Makashi is NOT weak against pure aggression or raw physical strength. If it was, Dooku would not be able to contend with Anakin or Obi-Wan or both at once, as he has done many times.

SO yeah... whoever said that is misinformed.

DiamondBullets
^ Tru that. Makashi is designed for lightsaber-on-lightsaber combat, so if Dooku was putting his all into tha fight, he prolly woulda won. Or maybe not...he was in his 80's and Anakin pissed off.

btw: Has anyone played the ROTS video game?--Dooku talks some madd shit to Anakin. "How's that arm treating you boy?" and "Two young Jedi against one old man, this is really quite pathetic!" there's others too.

Darth_Glentract
That Makashi being weak against Djem So came from the ROTS book, and you have nothing to knock it down with, so you can get over it.

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
That Makashi being weak against Djem So came from the ROTS book, and you have nothing to knock it down with, so you can get over it.

You talkin to me nigga???, I'm for Makashi! It was the user, not the style that was weak.

Dark Nemesis
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract

Oh really? Is this way Nai Fohl, Faunus, and everyone else who has read the same book didn't come to the same conclusion?

Isn't this the same book where Kit Fisto's head ends up on the table top?

Please, stfu.

Darth Avis
i liked that book it kept me entertained

Darth Koroni
When Padme starts crying like a little baby in RoTS. Force, she degenerated into a wimp.

exanda kane
The only wtf moment is when you guys try and out do each other in your knowledge of fictional swordsman techniques! cough cough <geeks> cough cough!

xxxpoppunker182
in jedi after luke cut off vaders hand(again) and then deactivated his lightsaber and threw it away. WTF i mean i thought that "this weapon is your life"

Dark Nemesis
Originally posted by Dark Nemesis
Oh really? Is this way Nai Fohl, Faunus, and everyone else who has read the same book didn't come to the same conclusion?

Isn't this the same book where Kit Fisto's head ends up on the table top?

Please, stfu.

This was rather cruel of me. Please disregard that post, Glentract. I've been too combative lately. I apologize.

Tangible God
Originally posted by exanda kane
The only wtf moment is when you guys try and out do each other in your knowledge of fictional swordsman techniques! cough cough <geeks> cough cough! Ha ha!

Darth_Emodas
Originally posted by General Makashi

And yet Dooku still lost. The superiority of the form is irrelevant, Anakin was just more powerful.

Why is this so debateable? Dooku's midicholorian count was nothing compared to Palpatine's, and Anakin even had more potential than Palps. I don't find it difficult to believe at all that Anakin surpassed Dooku in fighting strength by the time of RoTS. Best evidence for this - Anakin won.

Btw - Dooku was told to lose, not die. That is not a valid argument.

Tangible God
He was told to lose, but Dookie didn't think Palps would order him killed. Way of the Sith, the Old kill off the even older.

General Makashi
And yet Dooku still lost. The superiority of the form is irrelevant, Anakin was just more powerful.

Why is this so debateable? Dooku's midicholorian count was nothing compared to Palpatine's, and Anakin even had more potential than Palps. I don't find it difficult to believe at all that Anakin surpassed Dooku in fighting strength by the time of RoTS. Best evidence for this - Anakin won.

Btw - Dooku was told to lose, not die. That is not a valid argument.

Dooku wasn't planning on losing his hands try watching his face in ROTS and you'll see an expression of what is called "surprise".

Nai Fohl

Dooku lost because Sidious told him too lose. End of debate. Dooku had the opportunity to kill both and Obi-Wan during that fight. He took Obi-Wan out of it but left Anakin alive because his master commanded him to do so.

Where is your proof that Dookus midichlorian count was nothing compared to Palpatine's ? In fact we only know that Anakins midichlorian count is superior to that of all other Jedi alive but where do you get the idea from that Sidious midichlorian count (mentioned nowhere) is higher than that of Dooku (also mentioned nowhere) ?

He thought that Anakin will capture him and not that his own master would command Anakin to kill Dooku. He lost on purpose. And yeah...it's hard to believe that somebody who trained with a weapon for 13 years surpassed somebody in combat skill that was praticing with the same weapon for 80 years, using a superior fighting form and - just to remind you - kicked the person that you think "surpassed him in fighting strength" through the room not a minute before getting killed by the same person. Urm...hard to believe that Anakin "surpassed" Dooku in fighting skill because Dooku was toying with Anakin and Obi-Wan even in ROTS.

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by Nai Fohl
And yeah...it's hard to believe that somebody who trained with a weapon for 13 years surpassed somebody in combat skill that was praticing with the same weapon for 80 years.

No it aint....shit happens. Every dawg has his day. 'naw mean?

Nactous
Palpatine to Anakin. "Good, good."

Zachara
Padme brushing her hair on the balcony and the so-called "conversation" during. WTF?

General Makashi
Originally posted by Nai Fohl
Dooku lost because Sidious told him too lose. End of debate. Dooku had the opportunity to kill both and Obi-Wan during that fight. He took Obi-Wan out of it but left Anakin alive because his master commanded him to do so.

Where is your proof that Dookus midichlorian count was nothing compared to Palpatine's ? In fact we only know that Anakins midichlorian count is superior to that of all other Jedi alive but where do you get the idea from that Sidious midichlorian count (mentioned nowhere) is higher than that of Dooku (also mentioned nowhere) ?

He thought that Anakin will capture him and not that his own master would command Anakin to kill Dooku. He lost on purpose. And yeah...it's hard to believe that somebody who trained with a weapon for 13 years surpassed somebody in combat skill that was praticing with the same weapon for 80 years, using a superior fighting form and - just to remind you - kicked the person that you think "surpassed him in fighting strength" through the room not a minute before getting killed by the same person. Urm...hard to believe that Anakin "surpassed" Dooku in fighting skill because Dooku was toying with Anakin and Obi-Wan even in ROTS.

Exactly. Every time we see Dooku fighting these guys he's toying with them. . .I'd like to see Dooku using his true power to fight (defeat) Anakin.

General Makashi
My WTF? moments are. . .

1. Sidious the "almighty dark lord" getting the shaft (literally)

2. Boba Fett the "best bounty hunter in the universe getting pushed to death by a blind man

3. qui-Gon Jinn dying. . .

Tangible God
Boba didn't die.............................sadly.

Darth L. Dipsit
Originally posted by DiamondBullets
You talkin to me nigga???, I'm for Makashi! It was the user, not the style that was weak.

Please, Mr. DiamondBullets, sir, with no offense meant, try to avert from saying that word. It makes me feel anger because I know what it does. It is one of my most hated words and phrases, up there with "spic," "wetback," and "porch monkey." I have been called these names - they have meaning to me. The words burn a little bit every time I hear them. I understand that maybe you like to say it, but please, with all due respect, sir, please don't consciously type words with such bad connotations. Please. There are other minorities out here, but not all are, and I personally would like for all non-whites to be able to make progress and get ahead, because that has been so hard to do in the past few centuries (I'm mixed Latin American, so I pass most of the time, fortunately for me). I still know what discrimination feels like, and I have come to hate anything associated with it, at least anything that relates to me. I know I am lucky to pass for white, but still, I can't help but recognize the anger that discriminatory words and phrases stir in my heart. Do not be upset, please, sir. I honestly just thought that I'd stick up for my thoughts there. If they seemed ridiculous, then I'm sorry. However people have, for example, stereotyped me as a person can't think too well or articulate his sentences, and I hate it (that's why I want to be so detailed in this approach), despite the fact that I graduated early and am in college at 16. My apologies for how languid that whole thing was.

Peace be with you, sir.

Jack of Clubs
my wtf moment has to be : Stormies vs. the Ewoks

i really dont think i need to explain why i hate that moment.

Jack of Clubs

Btw - Dooku was told to lose, not die. That is not a valid argument. well first dont take this as me bashing you or your opinion on the matter cuz most times when people try to "correct" others on knowledge things end up being said that really shouldnt be said.

First off Anakin is not more powerful then Dooku. No Jedi in 3 yrs of war can surpass a 80 yr old jedi master with a wonderfully elegant mastery of makashi, which is the most powerful lightsaber form.

secondly Dooku was told to lose, this is a very valid arguement because when somebody is not trying and somebody else is, anything can happen. i dont think Dooku was taking the fight seriously enough in my opinion. But everybody knows had Dooku been trying it would have been Geonosis all over again.

heres is an example of a non valid-arguement: Anakin had war experience.
war experiece does not help you in a 2 on 1 or 1 on1 lightsaber duel.

third as far as lightsaber combat goes i dont see any noticeably different lightsaber forms other than Dooku's makashi: the way he swings, his stance, etc. but this is jus my opinion and what I see in the movies.

and as far as midichlorian count. we know almost nothing about them
so midichlorians dont justify a reason for him being stronger. there is no list of midichlorian counts for the jedi. and dont even mention SuperShadow.

To sum this up, Dooku did lose, but when someone is trying to kill you and your just toying with them anything can happen. Dooku clearly was not taking this battle seriously enough.
Count Dooku is far more superior in lightsaber combat and force mastery then Anakin is, and he is straight up smarter then he is too. thus Dooku is just a better jedi.
Im not bashing Anakin i like him alot, but Anakin is not better then dooku in any way as a jedi, and there is no evidence strong enough to prove otherwise.

IMO this battle was the duel of fates all over again. Dooku underestimated Anakin and ended up getting killed, Maul underestimated Obi-Wan and got killed.
so lets drop this arguement and get back to the WTF moments.

Se7in
Stormies vs. Ewoks

Anakin beating Dooku

Vader having Force Scream

People considering Vader and Anakin two different people

The first five minutes of the Sidious vs. Masters duel

Obi-Wan vs. Grievous

Anakin, on the ground on his back with no saber, kicking Obi-Wan, who was above him with a saber

Obi-Wan and Anakin dueling while swinging from ropes

Discovering Boba didn't die

The introduction of midichlorians

Trained Stormtroopers not being able to hit Han Solo from 10 feet away, but a barbarian Tusken Raider with a bootleg rifle shooting a Pod Racer from 100 yards away

Only Kit Fisto had a water-resistant saber

Obi-Wan getting crushed by a platform taking no damage whatsoever

Maul turning on his double-bladed saber (Good WTF)

Obi-Wan using Force Speed to destroy Droidekas, but not to catch up with Qui-Gon and Maul

Fact that most great Jedi followed a single Master-Apprentice line (Yoda, Dooku, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Luke)

How Obi-Wan killed Maul

How Obi-Wan killed Grievous

How Dooku didn't kill Ani and Obi in AOTC

Yoda's first appearance in a duel

Obi-Wan being bigheaded enough to rush into a fight with Grievous, and a couple hundred droids

Clones killing their fellow Jedi without question, it seemed so ruthless, but it was their programming

Anakin killing Younglings

A Youngling knowing what happened to the Jedi Archives, but Obi-Wan not

Creatures being resistant to Mind Trick

R2D2 having even the most remote ability to fight

Windu dying such a horrible death

Dooku not killing Yoda while he was holding rubble and stuff up

And countless others....

Jack of Clubs
laughing laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing thats a good one

thats a good one too, I was like: OHHHHHHHHHHHH Shit, that thing has 2 sides on it!!!!!! Hes gonna fu.ck them up with that thing!!!

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by Darth L. Dipsit
Please, Mr. DiamondBullets, sir, with no offense meant, try to avert from saying that word. It makes me feel anger because I know what it does. It is one of my most hated words and phrases, up there with "spic," "wetback," and "porch monkey." I have been called these names - they have meaning to me. The words burn a little bit every time I hear them. I understand that maybe you like to say it, but please, with all due respect, sir, please don't consciously type words with such bad connotations. Please. There are other minorities out here, but not all are, and I personally would like for all non-whites to be able to make progress and get ahead, because that has been so hard to do in the past few centuries (I'm mixed Latin American, so I pass most of the time, fortunately for me). I still know what discrimination feels like, and I have come to hate anything associated with it, at least anything that relates to me. I know I am lucky to pass for white, but still, I can't help but recognize the anger that discriminatory words and phrases stir in my heart. Do not be upset, please, sir. I honestly just thought that I'd stick up for my thoughts there. If they seemed ridiculous, then I'm sorry. However people have, for example, stereotyped me as a person can't think too well or articulate his sentences, and I hate it (that's why I want to be so detailed in this approach), despite the fact that I graduated early and am in college at 16. My apologies for how languid that whole thing was.

Peace be with you, sir.

What the f**k? uh..........I'm half Hawaiian and Black and I can use the slang of either culture if I choose, a'ight? 16 huh? Well that's a good introducory paragraph for a paper about personal feelings toward "racial vocabulary", but it aint gonna change shit. Why don't you go to L.A. and tell those bruthas to stop referring to eachother as "nigga" as a form of "dude" or friendly/familiar address?? You'd get yer ass whooped! So back off.

Darth L. Dipsit
You are perhaps quite right, sir. However, this isn't L.A. It just makes me feel shame when people say words like that - it's a little shock to read it - not a big deal, but I just thought I'd voice that, sir. I understand that you are my superior, but, for example, being placed in the corner wearing a dunce cap, called names, sneered at, and beaten by elders are what come to mind when I see buzzwords in excess. I don't really mind if out of context to a certain degree, but I can't help feeling ignorant and stupid when people remind me of what I am (though at first glance one could never, EVER tell unless they knew other mixed people like me). I have also learned, over time, the difference between a beating and a whooping. A whooping is what someone does when they love me and know no better way to teach me better. A beating I have come to associate with harm done to me simply for the purpose of harming me - there is a distinction, which I learned.

I am extremely grateful that you didn't grow too upset with me, sir, again, as you are my superior and could probably have had it much much worse than I. My apologies if I overstepped my bounds. I sincerely hope that this acts as a blemish against me. I humbly ask you for your forgiveness and merely wish to express my hate for such words as discussed - they make me feel the fear and the anger. There is, of course, nothing I can do to stop you from typing it, and, as my better, you should not have to justify yourself.

overlord
When Jar Jar Binks slayed jedi masters Mace Windu, Plo Koon, Kit McFisto, Aki el Mundo, Shongo and Kermit the frog I was like What the Fuuuuuu*uuuuuuuuckkk??? I should take these kind of mushrooms more often!!

warpig_ben
Se7in you have quite a few wtf moments some of them true alot of them i have problems with so for the sake of discussion I'll list a few of them his arguments give me an opportunity to address some of the other messages in this forum.

1.Obi-Wan using Force Speed to destroy Droidekas, but not to catch up with Qui-Gon and Maul.
I don't think he'd use Force Speed in this case because it would be dangerous i don't think he woulda wanted to get caught in the middle of that sheild.

2.Anakin beating Dooku.
Straight up I think Anakin would have pretty easily whooped that old man especially since he had the help of Obi-Wan at first
4.Discovering Boba didn't die.
Although the EU would have us believe that Boba did in fact survive his in counter with sarlacc GL's updated version of ROTJ puts that theory to rest since the sarlacc's head is shown swallowing him immediatly before it belches that belch seeled his fate.
12.Fact that most great Jedi followed a single Master-Apprentice line (Yoda, Dooku, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Luke)
Couple a things wrong here, who's to say that Dooku, Qui-Gon, or Obi-Wan would have been considered among the "MOST GREAT Jedi" at all plus there is the idea of that coming full circle with Luke, the Last Jedi in the padwan master line, being taught the ways of the force by Yoda.
How Dooku didn't kill Ani and Obi in AOTC
One word "Yoda". I believe the idea of finishing them all off would have crossed his mind if he woulda had time to consider that before Yoda came, it was only the fact that Anikin and Obi-wan would certainly of died in the cross fire that i believe stopped yoda from beating dooku being that it was a much more fair dueling room than the floor of the imperial senate

Too be continued.

warpig_ben
14.R2D2 having even the most remote ability to fight
It seems partially likely that the droid R2-D2 woulda been updated by Anakin who is clearly the owner of Artoo in Ep III for crying out loud, R2-D2 was an astromech droid with his own built in Jet pack. Plus you better back R2 hes alright by my book.
15.Dooku not killing Yoda while he was holding rubble and stuff up. seems that Dooku wouldn't wanna go under the rubble that yoda is in control of

These are all just my opinions based on the many times I've seen all these movies

Captain REX
Oh goody, another whining thread for me to debunk because they all lack reasonable explanations other than "This scene sucks because I think it sucks." big grin

Captain REX
What the f**k? uh..........I'm half Hawaiian and Black and I can use the slang of either culture if I choose, a'ight? 16 huh? Well that's a good introducory paragraph for a paper about personal feelings toward "racial vocabulary", but it aint gonna change shit. Why don't you go to L.A. and tell those bruthas to stop referring to eachother as "nigga" as a form of "dude" or friendly/familiar address?? You'd get yer ass whooped! So back off.

To DiamondBullets...first off, whoa, I've never met a half-Hawaiian, half-black, that's awesome eek! and secondly, just give up, no need to even say the word.

To Dipsit, no need to get on his case about the word. That's the job for a moderator.

Just saying this so that nobody goes crazy and eats each other's brains...

On topic, there's too much whining for me to debunk. eek!

Darth L. Dipsit
No, of course - I have to respect him, as my superior. He has no need to justify himself. There's no real hostility in my argument. It's like when someone calls me "boy" or even innocently says I act like a monkey. It stirs an inexplicable intimdation, shame, and slight upset, because people sometimes have called me "boy" just to spite me and who I am (people who, again, never could have known I was a minority had they not known it, be it through my full Spanish name, my history, or my family). I honestly didn't mean to cause problems - sometimes it's hard to say what I feel in these situations in real life, though, so I thought I'd try to express it here. My apologies if I made a bad impression with my case or if I made things harder or uncomfortable for anyone. I should never have tangentialized the point and detracted from the on-topic discussion. So, to compensate:

When Owen Lars acted like he didn't know C-3PO in ANH while buying the droids from the Jawas, yet he OWNED him in AOTC (when Anakin goes to find his mother, he is greeted by C-3PO at the Lars farm) - that was a slight inconsistency.

Also, Wookies don't wear pants.

General Makashi
Originally posted by Darth L. Dipsit
No, of course - I have to respect him, as my superior. He has no need to justify himself. There's no real hostility in my argument. It's like when someone calls me "boy" or even innocently says I act like a monkey. It stirs an inexplicable intimdation, shame, and slight upset, because people sometimes have called me "boy" just to spite me and who I am (people who, again, never could have known I was a minority had they not known it, be it through my full Spanish name, my history, or my family). I honestly didn't mean to cause problems - sometimes it's hard to say what I feel in these situations in real life, though, so I thought I'd try to express it here. My apologies if I made a bad impression with my case or if I made things harder or uncomfortable for anyone. I should never have tangentialized the point and detracted from the on-topic discussion. So, to compensate:

When Owen Lars acted like he didn't know C-3PO in ANH while buying the droids from the Jawas, yet he OWNED him in AOTC (when Anakin goes to find his mother, he is greeted by C-3PO at the Lars farm) - that was a slight inconsistency.

Also, Wookies don't wear pants.

Lean on me ese. . .

Tangible God
What the f**k? uh..........I'm half Hawaiian and Black (stares for a moment) Heh heh heh heh heh heh.........................(snickers)

overlord
I'm half caucasian and half Dutch.
And half stupid and half smart.
What the FFFFFFFFFFFFFFCK???????

In SW when some green goblin thing went riding on Lukes back I was like WTF??? Wow! That's pretty scary!

Fishy

overlord
Actually my two random lines had nothing to do with each other.

OHOH!! When Padme gave birth, I saw Yoda looking through the window! WTF???? That little green gnome was just there because he's perverted!!! What kind of scene was it supposed to be anyway, sweet?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.