Cannibal Holocaust ( 1980).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Johnlindsey289
This is the controversial and notoroius Italian documentary-esque horror adventure shocker from Ruggero Deoato about these New York documentary filmmakers who are searching in the South American jungles to find lost footage from a filmmaker but finds cannibals.

It's a very morbid, realistic, immoral and fascinating film that assuaults your senses with dark images like cannibalism, impalments, gore, and of course real actual animals getting slaughtered like a large turtle getting it's shell ripped open to be cooked.

Sure it's hard to watch but i highly recommend it to anyone who likes foreign horror and the genre but not for the faint of heart! it's coming on DVD October 25th.

papabeard
wink3

tabby999
saw it on DVD when i was in melbounre for $20 but didn't get it.

romper_stomper
great ****in movie,a personal fave of mine...............tabby are you insane i paid double that for a copy on ebay,which is a dvd-r

Impediment
A timeless movie that I proudly sport in my DVD library. I hear that a special ed. DVD will be released soon this year. Any info?

Johnlindsey289
For those who seen the movie, since the animals in the movie were actually killed in the movie, do you think it's just plain wrong to kill real animals on film that are not make-up or puppet effects?

romper_stomper
sure its wrong,and i would never condone cruelty or murder of animals,but nobody can deny the amount of impact that those scenes added to holocaust,,i mean who here didnt squirm in their seat the first time they saw the poor turtle being eviscerated for bbq

WindDancer
The animals are long dead and eaten. End of story. Last thing we need is some PETA looney come crashing on the film. btw in another thread I posted some info on the dvd. The original DVD cover for this edition has been banned. They're working on a different cover. Here is what it would had looked like:

BackFire
Keep in mind the animals were primarily killed for food, they decided that they would film killing the animals just for an added bonus type thing, the animals would have died regaurdless of whether or not it was filmed.

romper_stomper
i dont see anything worth banning on that cover,wind dancer ive seen movies with a lot worse covers anyway

BackFire
Same here. I think a lot of people just are against this movie in general, and are finding any reason they can to try and keep it from getting a wide DVD release.

tabby999
bloody hippies!

redheadeddeath
Saw it, loathed the bastard students for being the vile pieces of human filth that they are, and I still cant get the images out of my mind.

If you like people being beaten to death with blunt axe like stones, then this is a treat for you.

I was not dissappointed that the students got what they had coming.

I am a member of PETA and although I chose to fast forward through the animal deaths, I recognize that they were executed as means for survival and I can understand that. They did not prolong the death of the animals in any way. They had to eat to survive.

Not everyone is the idealized tree licking liberal prostitute some of you are calling PETA members out to be.

I think it is important for me to watch moves like this to prevent myself from ignoring what happens all over the world. You have to expose yourself to things of all sorts, otherwise you end up being a sheltered little snot. I am glad I watched this movie, so that I know exactly how NOT to treat people I dont understand. That is clearly the moral and the purpose of the story.

Cheers,

redheadeddeath

Nevermind
Funny enough, I've recently found out about this title because I was getting into those Gore Horror type movies and found out it was banned! But I've seen that other ex-banned horror gore movies were recently release. Hopefully this on comes out here soon. I'd love to check these Italian horror movies that were released too.

Johnlindsey289
The movie did inspired "The Blair Witch Project" did you know that? and i think this was inspired by "Faces of Death" same kind of subject matter.

BackFire
Just want to remind everyone that the new 2 disc dvd of holocaust is available TODAY.

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by Johnlindsey289
The movie did inspired "The Blair Witch Project" did you know that? and i think this was inspired by "Faces of Death" same kind of subject matter.

I highly doubt that "Cannibal Holocaust" inspired TBWP. I mean, all the influence that movie had was from "The Last Broadcast". As for "Faces of Death", if you mean extremely fake deaths, sure.

BackFire
Well, Blair Witch has almost exactly the same style as CH, I wouldn't write off the possibility of it being inspired by holocaust.

I Love Animals
Selling Animal Rape Kit - $9.99

I love animals sooo much I have 5 dogs and 3,848 cats 384 fish 398,479 elephants and 193 monkeys. All of them are illegally aquired and I should be jailed. I tell my dad not to fish because fishing is terrible, I mean look at all of the poor innocent fish that die during the process of fishing. Also I beat the (poop) out of my mom because she made me eat YUMMY DELICIOUS TASTY ANIMALS . I almost cried...it was terrible the whole time I was eating the YUMMY DELICIOUS TASTY ANIMALS all I could think about was the evil people that do these kind of horrific actions. I live on a farm and eat cow daily. YUM. Happy Dance

Nevermind
Originally posted by I Love Animals
Selling Animal Rape Kit - $9.99

I love animals sooo much I have 5 dogs and 3,848 cats 384 fish 398,479 elephants and 193 monkeys. All of them are illegally aquired and I should be jailed. I tell my dad not to fish because fishing is terrible, I mean look at all of the poor innocent fish that die during the process of fishing. Also I beat the (poop) out of my mom because she made me eat YUMMY DELICIOUS TASTY ANIMALS . I almost cried...it was terrible the whole time I was eating the YUMMY DELICIOUS TASTY ANIMALS all I could think about was the evil people that do these kind of horrific actions. I live on a farm and eat cow daily. YUM. Happy Dance

erm. So what's your point?

papabeard
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
I highly doubt that "Cannibal Holocaust" inspired TBWP. I mean, all the influence that movie had was from "The Last Broadcast". As for "Faces of Death", if you mean extremely fake deaths, sure.

I think Cannibal Holocaust was a massive influence on The Blair Witch as well as The Last Broadcast.

b-dan
i really want to see this movie they actually kill animales thats killer. I cant find it anywere obviously becausee its soo sick and twisted is it worth me buying it ??

Cinemaddiction
I finally got around to watching my purchased copy of "Cannibal Holocaust". I'll start with the whole CH/TLB/TBWP comparisons. The only element that ties CH and TBWP together would be the whole "lost footage now found", and I'd like to think that that is where the similarities end. Mild inspiration, yes, but honestly not much more.

As for the movie itself, I just wasn't impressed. It was beautifully scored, there were some intense segments that were intended to compare ways of human civilization, but beyond that, it didn't live up to the years of hype I've been hearing. It just seemed hokey a lot of the time, played off more like a drama, given all the compassion and lack of savage nature from these tribes. Yes, lack. It's kind of like how Romero's "Dawn of the Dead" played out, just that Dawn was a little more entertaining to watch then going back and forth from a cannibalistic island to a meeting room.

Sorry, gang. Just didn't do it for me, personally.

BackFire
Yeah, much of it is hokey and cheesy, but that didn't bother me, really. It had other things going for it so that it's cheesiness didn't delude the good segments.

I agree, the music is beautiful, I couldn't believe how amazing the music in this low budget horror film was, it blew my mind.

I kinda liked the dramatic elements in the movie, it made it a lot better and made me care more about what was happening. The comparison with Dawn of the Dead is pretty accurate too, seeing as they both pretty much have the same message about humanity (civilized man is just as bad, if not worse, then savage cannibals/zombies).

But, you may want to give it another look at some point, I know this movie was hyped up quite a bit recently, and this may be one of those movies that you may enjoy the second time with correct expectations.

cropsy_is_god

cropsy_is_god
Is there an uncut Hannibal Holocaust out in the uk yet ?

devilsreject304
I have never seen this yet, but still need to pick it up.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.