next gen consoles

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sully_2u
what console are you going to get..Xbox 360 or PS3?

gls
360 and revolution :P

crazy_shadow
this should be a pole lol.....xbox 360, i got $222.60 already reserved, cant stop now big grin...too bad i need 200 more cuz it with tax is $432.50 sad

Morridini
I'll get Revolution. Downloading good old Nintendo hits says it all.

Ast
360 and Revolution.

crazy_shadow
you guys like kiddy games no expression

Silverstein
im f*ckin getting a PS3...a sony excecutive on tv said it was 35 times more powerful than the ps2 and 7 times more powerful than x360...and nintendo has not even bothered to compete in terms of hardware

Ast
Originally posted by crazy_shadow

No, we like good games. big grin

I am sick of this Nintendo kiddie bullshit.

OB1-adobe
PS3.

Its backwards compatable so I'll be playing Metal gears, and grand theft autos for years to come.

hotsauce6548

Hell no; the kiddy stuff Nintendo is pumping out now is bull, but I am getting a Revolution. That doesn't mean I like kiddy games.

It means I like good games... classics. cool

Oh yeah, and I'll get the 360, too, hopefully. PS3 will have to wait for me, because it's probably going to cost an arm and a leg more than 360, which, if my calculations are correct, turns out to a total of two arms and two legs.

I need my arms and legs right now. wink

Victor Von Doom
Why do people accuse Nintendo of kiddy games?

Lest we forget that real man's game, Dancemat.(Sony)

Singstar. (Sony)

What is a 'kiddy' game? Cartoonish graphics? Not about raping hookers?

To be honest it's about the same across all the platforms. People just like to lick Sony's hype hole.

'The new Sony will be 35x more powerful...'

Haha yeah. I remember when Gamecube was meant to be a kid's toy (RE4), while the PS2 was meant to be able to launch nukes.

Initiate launch nuke sequence...shit, it's on a purple disc! It won't run!

Alpha Centauri
People also seem to be confusing "kiddy" with "fun".

Nintendo are the only company left that has gamers making games. Not people making games with "will this sell" in mind.

Lest we forget, Nintendo have been going for many many years, they still continue putting out Mario games. They still sell. They still f*cking rule and they still beat out most other multiplayer games than Sony or Microsoft combined could ever bring to the table in terms of fun and enjoyment.

Microsoft suffered HEAVY losses in money just so they could shift units. Wanna tell me when Nintendo have had to do that, despite being "kiddy" and "repetitive"? The fact that people still love Mario and such is because it's still great.

Mario isn't a kids game. It's just not about, as Victor said, raping hookers. My nephew loves Mariokart, so does his dad, so do I.

Nintendo rule shit because they think of what would be enjoyable to sit down in your room and play, not "What will sell well". Sony do that, and coincidentally I normally finished PS2 games and never played them again, aside from Metal Gears.

As for all this hardware bs, Sony and Microsoft can churn out all the power they want. If they pump out shit like Halo (yes, because it IS actually quite shit) and samey mediocre platformers with all the realism in the world but no fun, Nintendo could come out with something less powerful, crack out a game like RE4 and still beat the competition.

As it stands, Nintendo have more of the best games ever to their name than any other company.

-AC

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Why do people accuse Nintendo of kiddy games?

New release gates for Gamecube games:

http://cube.ign.com/release/

New releases for playstation 2 games

http://ps2.ign.com/release/

Need I say more.....

Or better yet.

Psp games release dates:

http://psp.ign.com/release/

Nintendo DS games release dates:

http://ds.ign.com/release/

Wolf Dog
Originally posted by Ast
No, we like good games. big grin

I am sick of this Nintendo kiddie bullshit.

I swear. Plus most kids now can't stop talking about GTA and Halo. THOSE are kiddy games if you ask me.

Alpha Centauri
Nintendo DS is actually much more fun than the PSP. At least it's something new and not just a pocket PS2.

As for the release dates, half those PS2 titles are randoms. I'd much rather play a bulk of the ones on Cube. Everyone gets sucked in by Sony.

Sony pump out so many games that you automatically assume they're better, despite not looking into whether they are or not. I'd take Metroid or any Resident Evil over any of those PS2 ones.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
New release gates for Gamecube games:

http://cube.ign.com/release/

New releases for playstation 2 games

http://ps2.ign.com/release/

Need I say more.....

You haven't said much yet so now would be a decent time to start.

darth-yoda
well word on the tsrret is ps3s pused back to 2007 summer and so is the revolution so ill get the 360 then the ps3 then revolution

Shazman
Ill be getting all three evnetually

TwisterGameX
PS3 Metal Gear Solid 4
Nintendo Revolution Super Smash bros Revolution
Xbox 360 Halo 3

Nuff Said

Alpha Centauri
Halo 3? More of the same from Halo 2, which was more of the same from Halo.

All the realism in the world and it still takes a whole machine gun clip and an hour of strafing to kill someone. Give me RE4.

-AC

crazy_shadow
lets just say...everyone says nintendo games are kiddy because.... tehy have jumping dinosaurs, instrumental apes, plumbers racing each other, and a plumber exploring a haunted house to get to the other plumber. if any good games the nintendo system has made, id say its metroid prime.

Silverstein
nintedo games are kiddy because 99% of it's successful games are kiddy, and the only game from nintendo that isnt kiddy is resident evil 4 (also coming on ps2) and metroid. Im sick of nintendo fans using resident evil 4 and metroid as the only example of a successful non kiddy game from nintendo

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Silverstein
nintedo games are kiddy because 99% of it's successful games are kiddy, and the only game from nintendo that isnt kiddy is resident evil 4 (also coming on ps2) and metroid. Im sick of nintendo fans using resident evil 4 and metroid as the only example of a successful non kiddy game from nintendo

It's annoying when Sony fans ignore the fact that there are countless child based games on the PS2.

Zelda isn't 'kiddy'. Nor is Eternal Darkness. Nor the many games which are on all three consoles.

I guess real men like to Dancemat.

Consoles are 'kiddy'. They're toys. Let's not pretend because we are pretend raping a pretend prostitute, in lame, jerky graphics, with an abysmal fighting system, we are grown men indulging in adult activities.

GreenFist
What will the PS3 have to offer?

Victor Von Doom
lets just say...everyone says nintendo games are kiddy because.... tehy have jumping dinosaurs, instrumental apes, plumbers racing each other, and a plumber exploring a haunted house to get to the other plumber.

Sony has...Karaoke...Dancemats...Crash...Jak and Daxter...Ratchet and Clank...Gitaroo Man.

Need we go on?

They both have games children can play.

Nintendo have good games. Sony have hyped games.

You can't play hype.

Alpha Centauri
And dats de enda dat chapterrr.

To quote Homer Simpson, the other one.

Also, when mentioning RE4 you said (also coming to PS2). Exactly, taking what Nintendo made. Taking from Nintendo.

-AC

GreenFist
Sony has...Karaoke...Dancemats...Crash...Jak and Daxter...Ratchet and Clank...Gitaroo Man.

Need we go on?

They both have games children can play.

Nintendo have good games. Sony have hyped games.

You can't play hype.

So you say GTA a child game?

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by GreenFist
So you say GTA a child game?

Possibly the most ridiculous reply I've ever encountered. Where in what you quoted does it say that?

Lana
I like Dance Dance Revolution stick out tongue

I dunno which of the new consoles I'm going to get. I HIGHLY doubt I'll get the Xbox360 as I don't even own a regular Xbox and have no plans to get one....no real good games for it. Halo? Waaaaaaay overrated. It's fun in multiplayer deathmatches but that's about it.

I'll probably get the Revolution (yay for being able to get all the old-school games!) and then whenever a Final Fantasy game gets released for PS3, I'll get that...though since FFXII is going to be for PS2, that'll be a while off.

BTW, on the kiddy game thing....some of the most fun games I've ever played were kiddy ones. Mario Kart 64 and Yoshi's Story are still two of my favorites, and I'm 19, going on 20. Katamari Damacy for PS2 is one of the simplest, yet utterly addicting and hysterical games that I've ever played. They're just plain fun.

Alpha Centauri
He said they both have games children can play. He never said they don't both have serious games.

My young nephew clocked Vice City in about 3 weeks. The same nephew who loves Mario Kart.

All you Sony felchers keep referring to GTA which is the biggest case of emperor's new clothes ever. GTA 3 was revolutionary and very good, but very overhyped. Vice City was a step down, but everyone was scared to say so incase they looked dumb. Same with San Andreas. People started going mad that you could ride BMX's. Why is that a credible UPgrade? You're going mad because now you can drive a slower vehicle around an equally sketchy city?

Nintendo took Sony's best franchise in RE, made it's original game better by light years, then went on to make the best game of the series (or best game ever) in RE4. Which Sony are now taking because they couldn't get the series any better than RE3. It took DREAMCAST to produce RE: Code Veronica, which PS2 stole. It took Cube to make RE4, which PS2 stole. PS2 is shit.

Give me a break, come on. Don't starT.

-AC

Silverstein
dancemats, n karaoke arent kiddy...have u ever been to a bar or dance club?
(crash is not sony exclusive...he went to multiplatform)

jak n Ratchet deadlocked arent kiddy

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Lana
I like Dance Dance Revolution stick out tongue

I dunno which of the new consoles I'm going to get. I HIGHLY doubt I'll get the Xbox360 as I don't even own a regular Xbox and have no plans to get one....no real good games for it. Halo? Waaaaaaay overrated.

Halo is pathetically overrated.

Alpha Centauri
(crash is not sony exclusive...he went to multiplatform)

jak n Ratchet deadlocked arent kiddy

You are sanely trying to propose that grown men going to clubs to play SONY'S Dance Dance Revolution, isn't kiddy? Just because it's widely accepted amongst adults doesn't mean it's not a childish concept. Because it is.

So is Jak and Daxter.

-AC

GreenFist
DDR is a game for people who likes to dance

Alpha Centauri
Mario is a game for people who don't like to play games about raping hookers.

Kids like to dance. See where I'm going?

-AC

GreenFist
One Quick Question when you mean kids are you including Teens

Victor Von Doom

What?

Dancemat is a game in which you jump around in your living room like a girl (if you are a girl), or like an immense fruit if you aren't.

What does that have to do with dance clubs?

Mario- have you ever had a leaky sink? No laughing matter mate. Big boys stuff.

Yoshi- ever seen Jurassic Park?

Silly doing that isn't it.

You're hardly the most credible source since you said:

'im f*ckin getting a PS3...a sony excecutive on tv said it was 35 times more powerful than the ps2 and 7 times more powerful than x360'

which is another way of saying you and Sony are wedged into an eternal infinity-symbol of felchation.

Lana
Halo is pathetically overrated.

I know. I've played it in single-player, co-op, and multiplayer deathmatch. Multiplayer deathmatch is fun because you can blow the shit out of your friends, and I'll say, my friends and I came up with some creative ways to kill each other (and ourselves) while playing....but it's not even as close to being a fraction as great as people make it out to be.

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

-AC

I love DDR, and I'm not a kid stick out tongue it's just a fun way to kill time. I do get what you're saying though.

And I've loved Mario since we got an NES when I was 3 years old.

Silverstein

-AC

-u cant even rape hookers in gta

-kids dont dance...they think girls have koodies

Alpha Centauri
Exactly.

Especially considering Sony and Microsoft like to claim their shit is 35 times more powerful than, conveniently, what the Sony/Microsoft guy said.

Sony fans are corporate fellators, Nintendo fans are game...ors.

I suggest school.

-AC

Lana

You can screw them and then kill them to steal the money back.

And DDR has no relation to real dancing roll eyes (sarcastic) as anyone who's ever even SEEN the game would know.

Alpha Centauri
If you're stupid enough to buy into all that "Our console is 35 times more powerful" corporate marketing horsecrap, you're an idiot.

If Sony said the PS3 was 34 times more powerful, Microsoft would say 35. When infact, it's probably neither.

-AC

TwisterGameX
Nintendo is fun as hell. I get laughed at for owning a DS but hey, I love Jump Super Stars and now people mad.

Alpha Centauri
DS is actually way more original.

What is the PSP doing, with relevance to gaming, that the Sega Game Gear or to boost my arguement, that the Nintendo Game Boy didn't do?

You can do lots of stuff that has f*ck all to do with games, yeah. That's not why I'd buy a portable gaming system though. I'd never pull a PSP out of my pocket and be thankful I could have a wallpaper on it, or send email. There are actual palm pilots you can buy for that.

-AC

GreenFist
I just love my Virtua fighters series

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by TwisterGameX
I get laughed at for owning a DS

I usually buy things because I want them, not to satisfy the insecurities of others.

Lana
DS is actually way more original.

What is the PSP doing, with relevance to gaming, that the Sega Game Gear or to boost my arguement, that the Nintendo Game Boy didn't do?

You can do lots of stuff that has f*ck all to do with games, yeah. That's not why I'd buy a portable gaming system though. I'd never pull a PSP out of my pocket and be thankful I could have a wallpaper on it, or send email. There are actual palm pilots you can buy for that.

-AC

I still have a Game Gear laughing out loud

GreenFist
To me the DS looks like it's kind of a rip of, That's what X-Play say

Lana

Why don't you form your own opinion instead of just believing what a TV show tells you?

Victor Von Doom

See, this sums up the contrasting attitudes.

It's not 'to you' is it? It's what you have been told.

Alpha Centauri
You are all such blind followers in here, it's sickening. Nothing any of you come up with, is your own.

-AC

GreenFist
Well is it?

Alpha Centauri
Why don't you decide for YOURSELF?

Sony aren't gonna send the boys 'rahnd if you don't buy their products.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Well is it?

I think you kind of missed the point there.

GreenFist
hmm

Alpha Centauri
GreenFist, did you know that Sony steal approximately 92.8% of their ideas from old Sega employees? What do you think of that?

-AC

GreenFist
WOW, but i would have to find that out for myself

Alpha Centauri
Funny, because I made it up just then.

Proven point.

-AC

GreenFist
i edited it

GreenFist
Sega would have sued big time

Alpha Centauri
So? Doesn't change the fact that you believed me.

Think for yourself.

-AC

Lana
*snickers*

See? Don't believe everything you're told. Find out for yourself.

Alpha Centauri
USA! USA! USA! USA!

-AC

GreenFist
i did believe for a second or two

Alpha Centauri
Why though? Your stupidity astounds me.

-AC

GreenFist
Sega Sega Sega

GreenFist
That's nice

Alpha Centauri
Sega are from USA.

-AC

GreenFist
but if you were smart{ Not saying you are not} i said thats what X-Play said not me

Lana
but if you were smart{ Not saying you are not} i said thats what X-Play said not me

Yeah, we saw that. And we said that you should form your opinion instead of just following what someone else said.

GreenFist
embarrasment

GreenFist
Can we talk about something else i feel so dumb now

Victor Von Doom
Could get back on topic I guess.

Slightly outlandish idea admittedly.

GreenFist
Nintendo is okay

crazy_shadow
they use RE4 as their excuse, but the resident evil series started on ps1 lol

Alpha Centauri
they use RE4 as their excuse, but the resident evil series started on ps1 lol

Yeah, and then after Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, they couldn't take it any further so they gave the licence to Sega. Sega made Code Veronica then Sony stole it back on PS2 years later. Again, they couldn't push it any further beyond that or the shitty gun survivor series, so they sold the licence to Nintendo who boosted the series to unseen levels before creating possibly the best game ever in Resident Evil 4, and also Resident Evil Zero which of course was first planned to be on Nintendo 64.

Nintendo are just better.

-AC

hotsauce6548
Yeah, and then after Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, they couldn't take it any further so they gave the licence to Sega. Sega made Code Veronica then Sony stole it back on PS2 years later. Again, they couldn't push it any further beyond that or the shitty gun survivor series, so they sold the licence to Nintendo who boosted the series to unseen levels before creating possibly the best game ever in Resident Evil 4, and also Resident Evil Zero which of course was first planned to be on Nintendo 64.

Nintendo are just better.

-AC

yes

Tha C-Master
I love nintendo, I love kirby, I love resident evil...

You can download old nintendo games on psp emulator.

I'm going for the PS3, because it hasn't disappointed me in my other years having it, but I love Nintendo too and I feel that SNES is the best nintendo system to date.

I definitely am NOT an xbox fan myself.

But yea, ps3 is the road for me, backwards compatibility just seals the deal IMO.

Nintendo is the gaming business, microsoft xbox is more hardware, and playstation is a blend of both, with versatility and selections that I like.

Alpha Centauri
Sony just release a thousand games and by hit or miss, get a couple of good ones.

It's like The Punisher's fighting style. Fire off an M16 and eventually you'll hit something.

-AC

Tha C-Master
Well the thing with nintendo was, its great, but its not giving the audience what "it wants", like you said they make great games, but are a little behind on the concept that a growing audience of gamers are more mature than the past decade.

I myself don't follow the crowd, like GTA, I thought it was VERY overrated, like halo.

Overral the Nintendo fell short of its expectations for 2 generations, but the thing with nintendo fans, is they love it, or hate it.

N64 was a failure on some levels, they were still on a cartridge medium which were horridly expensive, and after mario 64, the quality of the games went down and down slowly.

Quality, quantity, and VARIETY matter in games, so its all of what you're looking for.

If I like sports games, and shooters, xbox is my destination.

If I want innovation, I would go for nintendo.

If I want variety and versatility, I'd go for sony.

These are all things that come to mind with consoles. I myself like the sony/pc combination.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Well the thing with nintendo was, its great, but its not giving the audience what "it wants", like you said they make great games, but are a little behind on the concept that a growing audience of gamers are more mature than the past decade.

They give their crowd what they want. They cater to those who are loyal fans and are easily accessible with that. They're not behind on anything.

You can't get more mature than Resident Evil's. As for people saying "Gamecube fans use RE's as an excuse" why not? It's their franchise now.

Overral the Nintendo fell short of its expectations for 2 generations, but the thing with nintendo fans, is they love it, or hate it.

N64 was a failure on some levels, they were still on a cartridge medium which were horridly expensive, and after mario 64, the quality of the games went down and down slowly.

It doesn't change the fact that Sony still charged people for the multitap well into their PS2 years. They haven't released a four port console. That's more expensive than having cartridges.

The games Nintendo put out that WERE excellent were better than most PS1 games. Or PS2 for that matter.

If I like sports games, and shooters, xbox is my destination.

If I want innovation, I would go for nintendo.

If I want variety and versatility, I'd go for sony.

These are all things that come to mind with consoles. I myself like the sony/pc combination.

Sony aren't versatile because they try to be, they're versatile because they're so hit and miss. They pump out so many games that it's hard not to be versatile. Most of those games are shit so being able to put out many different kinds of shit doesn't count for much with me.

-AC

Red Superfly
Topics like this make me want to kill myself. On one hand you've got all the reasons as to why people are wrong, laid out on a silver platter by courteous fellows. They don't even have the manners to read a word of it, prefferring to dwell in petty fanboyism.

As for the next gen consoles, I've explained in a thread all too similar to this one that the 360 gets my vote. I own and have played to death Nintendos back catalog, so the only reason I will be buying a Revolution will be for the next Zelda, whenever that is.

The PS3 has so far been a pack of promises and little else. I remember the promises of the PS1 and PS2. We never saw half of the realisation of the promises Sony made. Their tech demos have been based on multi-million, best-case scenario estimates, so only two or three companies will be able to pull off the likes of the Killzone footage in games. Only the Blu-Ray technology and an inevitable Pro Evolution Soccer update has me interested. XBox 360 has so far proven itself the most with actual gameplay running off finished hardware, tested and presented realistically. Project Gotham is also the best racing game series next to burnout in my opinion and was sold as soon as I was promised, and shown an update.

They're all pretty strong, but the 360 wins with it's honesty and hasn't patronised gamers with tech specs, terraflops and actually takes into account smaller developers, who don't have the budget or resources that Sony, EA and the big hitters have.

One kink in your armour AC - Resident Evil isn't Gamecube exclusive. It'll be heading to PS2 soon it's pretty much done. Shockingly, Capcom have done an absolutely amazing job in converting it. The troubles with frametrate and texture resolution are very minor, if there are any at all. Absolutely amazing coders down at Capcom. It's one thing to make the best game in a long time, it's something else to completely re-write it for another consoles architecture. If only all porters could do such bang up jobs on their conversions. Was playing it yesterday again too. Best game ever next to Zelda: Ocarina in my opinion.

eleveninches
I was wanting to get an xbox360 for christmas, but was put off by the cost. I am going to wait until the xbox360 has been out for at least a year, as by that time the cost will have gone down and the best 360 games will just be starting to be released

Tha C-Master
They give their crowd what they want.

As what all systems do and will always do, whether we agree with their decisions or not.

Money makes these systems go around, speculation, magazine ads, all add up to making money for ALL consoles.

Why can't the same be said for playstation, the people who own it say they have been given what they wanted.

I will however agree with the console itself being unreliable at times, though I've been blessed with one with no faults, others have had problems.

They cater to those who are loyal fans and are easily accessible with that.

Well then like I said, the fans of nintendo play nintendo, the ones who have "stuck with" the system for years.

My friends who have owned the current nintendo consoles also have had the prior ones to that, and many have gone over to the playstation.

Fanboyism does drive nintendo more than ANY OTHER console, why shouldn't it? Its been out for so long, why is zelda ALWAYS a hit? It could be the same old game, but people still buy it because of zelda.

Which is the same deal with GTA and Halo, fanboys.

I buy what suits me, and many, ,many EXTRAORDINARY games have been overlooked particularly on the playstation.

They're not behind on anything.

You by your own admission said that they aren't going by "what sells", that is what I'm talking about.

Nintendo is slowly reaching there, but xbox and playstation have left it in the dust.

Resident evil is a good example of such a game, but good ones like that are few and far between.

You can't get more mature than Resident Evil's.
Which seems to be the premise for most nintendo fans.

Nintendo hasn't had too much problems with violence now, I can say myself.

But it has had quite a history of censoring, back in the Days of MK1, blood was so controversial, so what did nintendo do? They made sweat.

Guess which one sold more?

Duke nukem was toned down, as well as many games that simply weren't released for the nintendo, because they wanted to aim at a younger audience...

As for people saying "Gamecube fans use RE's as an excuse" why not? It's their franchise now.

I agree, but this did come from the playstation, in fact MANY of the games gamecube and xbox players own, came RIGHT from the playstation, after it was a success.

It doesn't change the fact that Sony still charged people for the multitap well into their PS2 years.

Yes, I'm not saying playstation is perfect by any means.

Why did xbox not come with a dvd player?

Why did nintendo make an sp very shortly after?

Why do heroes stay alive in comics?

money.

No different than the shitty US cars, companies need money, I wish I could buy a new comp, and not watch it go outdated within the same month.

So much for wishing.

They haven't released a four port console. That's more expensive than having cartridges.

Cartridges on the N64 were ABSURD.

We're talking 60 bucks a pop, there were great games, but sony was selling there's at thirty a pop.

Thats 2x the money.

You could get a mulitap adaptor for 30$, or get a used one for 10$ and save.

Like I said, xbox didn't come with a dvd player, and nintendo made an SP shortly after, people flocked to it.

Add to the fact that the best N64 games weren't even multi player.

Zelda and Mario didn't have a true multiplayer.

Marioparty was the best way to utilize it, that and sports.

Gauntlet and Banjo, sucked, as well as Donkey Kong.

The games Nintendo put out that WERE excellent were better than most PS1 games. Or PS2 for that matter.

Meh, IMO, playstation had great games on both consoles.

Nintendo had some on 64, but were few and far between, and far too expensive.

My playstation 2 games I'm proud of.

Half life, Red Faction, Timesplitters 2 and 3, MKDA and MKD, capcom vs snk 2. Twisted Metal, etc.

I had a unique taste, and I like all genres and variety.
Sony aren't versatile because they try to be, they're versatile because they're so hit and miss.

No, I'm not just talking about game versatility, sony has versatility hands down.

CD's, Dvd's, Games, Backwards compatibility for Memory card, controllers and every game, decent online.

Nintendo was just games, and xbox had better hardware, but no versatility.

Quality, quantity, and variety.

I enjoyed many hours utilizing my playstation to its fullest, and still do.

They pump out so many games that it's hard not to be versatile.

This is a common diss on the playstation thats no different than the "nintendo is/are kiddy games".

More games, I like my favorite game, but if I had to play it all day, every day...

See what I mean?

Problem with N64.

Most of those games are shit so being able to put out many different kinds of shit doesn't count for much with me.

I agree that all systems have their "shit", but I select and choose what best suits me...

I recommend that for everyone...

Red Superfly
Originally posted by eleveninches
I was wanting to get an xbox360 for christmas, but was put off by the cost. I am going to wait until the xbox360 has been out for at least a year, as by that time the cost will have gone down and the best 360 games will just be starting to be released

I shall be doing the same.

I think I'll get a couple of PSP games for christmas and leave it at that.

I'll have Pro Evolution Soccer 5 to play with for a year at least anyways.

Tha C-Master
I really like the PSP, shame its so expensive or it wouldn't be so underrated...

Victor Von Doom

Half life, Red Faction, Timesplitters 2 and 3, MKDA and MKD, capcom vs snk 2. Twisted Metal, etc.

Craziness man. Banjo was awesome.

Timesplitters 2 is multi console (and has suffered, like many games, by having to be developed on the PS2 first, because the other way round wouldn't be as feasible).

Goldeneye and Perfect Dark are still my favourite FPS's to this day- Red Faction was quite a letdown I thought. The same scenery throughout, no variety or imagination.

Half Life is a PC port.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Was playing it yesterday again too. Best game ever next to Zelda: Ocarina in my opinion.

I think RE4 is the best game ever, it's unbelievable.

It's a pity that money came into it so flagrantly and lost Nintendo the RE licence, because they are my favourite games.

They won't suffer too much though. They let Microsoft have Rare (as Microsoft are the Chelsea of consoles), and now they've lost this.

They'll have other plans.

For me, the Cube hasn't had lots of games I've loved- maybe 8-10.

This is compared, though, to Xbox- no games; and Sony- one game, Pro Evolution Soccer.

Alpha Centauri
Why can't the same be said for playstation, the people who own it say they have been given what they wanted.

I will however agree with the console itself being unreliable at times, though I've been blessed with one with no faults, others have had problems.

You said Gamecube are behind on it, they're not. Case closed there then.

Well then like I said, the fans of nintendo play nintendo, the ones who have "stuck with" the system for years.

My friends who have owned the current nintendo consoles also have had the prior ones to that, and many have gone over to the playstation.

Many Nintendo fans "stick with" the systems because they're the most reliable technically and in terms of games. Sony fans undeniably stick with Sony because they're Sony.

Fanboyism does drive nintendo more than ANY OTHER console, why shouldn't it? Its been out for so long, why is zelda ALWAYS a hit? It could be the same old game, but people still buy it because of zelda.

Because it's always good. Mario is always good. Resident Evil is always excellent. Metroid is always excellent.

I'm not saying if the games were shit that some Nintendo fans would stop buying em. You always get some pointless die-hards. The point is, as far as fanboys go. Sony has the pick of the litter. Sony steals a bit from everyone so it's always viewed as the more versatile choice, despite hardly coming up with anything revolutionary.

I buy what suits me, and many, ,many EXTRAORDINARY games have been overlooked particularly on the playstation.

Why might that be? Because for every decent game there's 50 shit ones? Yes.

You by your own admission said that they aren't going by "what sells", that is what I'm talking about.

Nintendo is slowly reaching there, but xbox and playstation have left it in the dust.

So? Gamecube has better games than both. Bill Gates was only concerned with becoming the biggest selling. Sony and Microsoft can boast about sales all they want. Nintendo will always come out with a better game and show that it doesn't matter. They've got ENOUGH sales.

Resident evil is a good example of such a game, but good ones like that are few and far between.

Xbox and PS2 have never had such a game.

But it has had quite a history of censoring, back in the Days of MK1, blood was so controversial, so what did nintendo do? They made sweat.

Why are you referring to sales? Avril Lavigne sells multi-platinum. She's still shit.

I had MK1 on SNES, it had blood in it. The blood was optional. So you obviously got some Sunday market version.

Duke nukem was toned down, as well as many games that simply weren't released for the nintendo, because they wanted to aim at a younger audience...

I had an uncensored, 18 rated version of Duke Nukem on mine. Don't know where you're getting this from.

I agree, but this did come from the playstation, in fact MANY of the games gamecube and xbox players own, came RIGHT from the playstation, after it was a success.

Sony got as far as Resident Evil 3 (which was incredibly mediocre). They couldn't push the boundaries, so they sold it to DREAMCAST who made Code Veronica. Then Sony stole it back years later and took the credit. They couldn't do it on their own. Of course, in 2002 Nintendo get a phone call hmmm.

Sony: Nintendo? It's Sony.
Nintendo: What do you want?
Sony: We can't make games better and we're losing money. Buy our Resi's off us, they're not gonna get any better.
Nintendo: Alright.

Couple years later Sony want Resi 4 back so they LOOK (in the eyes of Sony fanboys) like they're as good. When the game is shitter.

money.

No different than the shitty US cars, companies need money, I wish I could buy a new comp, and not watch it go outdated within the same month.

So much for wishing.

Exactly, because Nintendo very very rarely pull those stunts. Gamecube is purely for games because that's what Nintendo do. They're not a multi-software company. They want to give gamers the best and they do. They don't see the point in putting two ports in, why? More money? They want gamers to have money to spend on games, not accessories.

We're talking 60 bucks a pop, there were great games, but sony was selling there's at thirty a pop.

Sony games were as expensive here and unlike the cartridges, the discs used to fail. Lest we forget Sony hyped up the PS2 discs as being cool and purple. Years down the road there's malfunctions and the purple discs won't run. Nintendo's returns factory has the highest unemployment rate in the games industry.

Thats 2x the money.

Like I said, xbox didn't come with a dvd player, and nintendo made an SP shortly after, people flocked to it.

Banjo didn't suck, but that's subjective. Nor did Donkey Kong.

Stop emphasising money, it's irrelevant.

Half Life is a PC game, Red Faction one borrowed heavily from it but was a great game. Timesplitters series stole most of what's great about it from N64's Goldeneye, MKDA and MKD wouldn't be around were it not for Nintendo. Lest we forget Metal Gear, the saga that started on the original Nintendo.

No, I'm not just talking about game versatility, sony has versatility hands down.

CD's, Dvd's, Games, Backwards compatibility for Memory card, controllers and every game, decent online.

Exactly! You just named 6 things. One of them is "games", which is what we're discussing. Sony fan boys are impressed that their GAMES console plays CDs and DVDs. I'm not, because that's not what I bought it for. Why are you claiming Sony are great because of stuff that has no relevance to gaming? Bit pointless. They don't have gaming versatility. They chuck out a hundred games and have the odd good one.

Nintendo was just games? Exactly, haha. Of course it's just games. We're discussing games and games consoles. You Sony guys are just impressed by Sony cramming everything on the machine that you don't need.

Great. I didn't ever put a DVD into my Playstation and think "Wow, what awesome games."

Because that's not relevant.

-AC

hotsauce6548
As what all systems do and will always do, whether we agree with their decisions or not.

Money makes these systems go around, speculation, magazine ads, all add up to making money for ALL consoles.

Which is the same deal with GTA and Halo, fanboys.

money.

So much for wishing.

Thats 2x the money.

Meh, IMO, playstation had great games on both consoles.

Nintendo had some on 64, but were few and far between, and far too expensive.

I had a unique taste, and I like all genres and variety.

This is a common diss on the playstation thats no different than the "nintendo is/are kiddy games".

More games, I like my favorite game, but if I had to play it all day, every day...

See what I mean?

Problem with N64.

I agree that all systems have their "shit", but I select and choose what best suits me...

I recommend that for everyone...

yes I agree with most everything you said.

Red Superfly
Timesplitters 2 bugged me actually. Something about the aiming system. I couldn't aim for shit, I was awful at it.

I hated the way you'd have to hold the stick as you aimed, instead of looking, moving your view, and having the stick centre again. It was just awkward. Shooting games should just be a cross in the middle of the screen, and ytou move the screen. Timesplitters made you move the aiming reticle and keep the screen static until it got near the edge. It was so awkward.

FPS's have been crap on consoles anyway. Black looks pretty good though.

My top favourite PS2 games of all time would have to be:

1) Pro Evolution Soccer (the best sports game I've ever played - easily the best multiplayer game of the current generation)

2) Grand Theft Auto - call me mainstream, I don't care. Dunno whether or not this should be classed as PS2 only. So what.

3) Ico - Anyone who likes Zelda and something different track this down now. Anyone whos played it says they love it. If you don't know what it is, put down your shitty Need For Bling Underground and sort yourself out.

4) God Of War - Loads of fun, awesome characters and spot on difficulty. Just superb.

5) Resident Evil 4 - This is actually my fave game of the lot, but it's on Gamecube, but seeing as it's coming on PS2 anyway, I'll throw it in anyway because it's the best game ever.

Tha C-Master
Craziness man. Banjo was awesome.

Timesplitters 2 is multi console (and has suffered, like many games, by having to be developed on the PS2 first, because the other way round wouldn't be as feasible).

Goldeneye and Perfect Dark are still my favourite FPS's to this day- Red Faction was quite a letdown I thought. The same scenery throughout, no variety or imagination.

Half Life is a PC port. Timesplitters 2 and 3, I also liked Half Life and Red Faction, Killzone too.

Alpha Centauri
See what I mean?

It's already being called a PS2 game and it will go on Sony-Fans list as to why the PS2 is great.

It's looked upon as the most versatile because it steals everything. Resident Evil 4 is a Gamecube game. Lets never forget this.

-AC

hotsauce6548
Timesplitters 2 bugged me actually. Something about the aiming system. I couldn't aim for shit, I was awful at it.

I hated the way you'd have to hold the stick as you aimed, instead of looking, moving your view, and having the stick centre again. It was just awkward. Shooting games should just be a cross in the middle of the screen, and ytou move the screen. Timesplitters made you move the aiming reticle and keep the screen static until it got near the edge. It was so awkward.

FPS's have been crap on consoles anyway. Black looks pretty good though.

I totally agree with the Timesplitters 2 complaint. I couldn't get use to that.

But about the FPS on consoles--not all of them are bad. Halo series? Sure, you may not like them, but you can't argue with the millions of us who do. wink

Alpha Centauri
I can.

Halo is shit. All the realism in the world just to have to stand there holding the trigger down and strafe a whole lot to kill your opponent.

-AC

hotsauce6548
See what I mean?

It's already being called a PS2 game and it will go on Sony-Fans list as to why the PS2 is great.

It's looked upon as the most versatile because it steals everything. Resident Evil 4 is a Gamecube game. Lets never forget this.

-AC

However it gets versatile, whether it be by stealing everything, or by pumping out so many games, it is versatile, and you can't really deny it.

Although I enjoy playing on all the current gen systems, I have to admit that.

hotsauce6548
I can.

Halo is shit. All the realism in the world just to have to stand there holding the trigger down and strafe a whole lot to kill your opponent.

-AC

Well, that's what I mean. You may not like it, but there are millions who do, so the game must have done something right.

Red Superfly
Resident Evil 4 is a PS2 game though, it is no longer a Gamecube exclusive. I own a Cube with Resi 4, and I'm a bit annoyed about the bonus content the PS2-only dossers are gonna get (The Ada mission) but that's the way the cookie crumbles. It still looks better on the cube despite the amazing job Capcom have done on making a bin-lorry of a PS2 console pur like a Testarossa for Resi 4. And I love the big A button. Perfect controls for Resi.

PS2 hasn't stolen anything, really. If anything, it's giving huge success to a game that deserves it, on a console that can deliver it, rather than a console that "nobody wants." If you get my drift.

Halo isn't THAT simplistic either, not between two good opponents or more.

The single player in Halo is abysmal, always has been, and likely always will be. Multiplayer is fantastic though. Reminds me a little of Goldeneye it gets so good sometimes. Halo 2 is less successful.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by hotsauce6548
However it gets versatile, whether it be by stealing everything, or by pumping out so many games, it is versatile, and you can't really deny it.

Although I enjoy playing on all the current gen systems, I have to admit that.

That's not being versatile though, that's waiting for everyone to bring out great games (aka Nintendo) then scrounging off them.

Resident Evil 4 is a PS2 game though, it is no longer a Gamecube exclusive. I own a Cube with Resi 4, and I'm a bit annoyed about the bonus content the PS2-only dossers are gonna get (The Ada mission) but that's the way the cookie crumbles. It still looks better on the cube despite the amazing job Capcom have done on making a bin-lorry of a PS2 console pur like a Testarossa for Resi 4. And I love the big A button. Perfect controls for Resi.

It was created on the Cube, therefore it's a Cube game. I could perform a spot on cover of Paranoid Android, it's not my song.

PS2 hasn't stolen anything, really. If anything, it's giving huge success to a game that deserves it, on a console that can deliver it, rather than a console that "nobody wants." If you get my drift.

Victor just sent me the video of Resi 4 on PS2, it's shit. Nothing compared to the Cube. PS2 fans will say it is though, despite it clearly not being.

Halo isn't THAT simplistic either, not between two good opponents or more.

The single player in Halo is abysmal, always has been, and likely always will be. Multiplayer is fantastic though. Reminds me a little of Goldeneye it gets so good sometimes. Halo 2 is less successful.

Every shot counts in Goldeneye. You could pelt someone in the head with a machine gun in Halo and it does f*ck all.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Well, that's what I mean. You may not like it, but there are millions who do, so the game must have done something right.

Yes, appeal to the lowest common denominator.

Like Robbie Williams.

Red Superfly
That's not being versatile though, that's waiting for everyone to bring out great games (aka Nintendo) then scrounging off them.
It was created on the Cube, therefore it's a Cube game. I could perform a spot on cover of Paranoid Android, it's not my song.
Victor just sent me the video of Resi 4 on PS2, it's shit. Nothing compared to the Cube. PS2 fans will say it is though, despite it clearly not being.
Every shot counts in Goldeneye. You could pelt someone in the head with a machine gun in Halo and it does f*ck all.

Fair enough, it ain't a PS2 game in the tradional sense. But I don't think comparring it to song covers is fair. Capcom wrote the Cube version. They also wrote the PS2 version. It's Capcoms game, and it, unlike so many developers doing multi-platform releases, has one tailorred for the Cube, and one tailorred for the PS2. I don't think Capcoms efforts to get the series on PS2 and make more cash as a result should be frowned upon, it's simply good practice. They are after all, a third party company, they can do whatever they like for all I care. I have my Resi 4 on the cube and I'm happy.

And, like I said, even though Capcom have done a great job on Resi 4 for PS2, the Cube version still stands as definitive. I'm agreeing with you dammit!

I'll have to disagree about Halo though. Sniper rifles are deadly, rocket launchers are devastating, and at close range, the likes of two sub machine guns mow you down in a second. The sword is like the Golden Gun, but its short range means anyone skilled enough can take a sword wielder down. It's rather balanced on that front. I just find the story mode in Halo to be utter crud, and I honestly hate the alien weapons they always litter around. Halo needs to focus on the human side and quit having such crap alien weapons and backtracking endless corridor of enemies crap.

Victor Von Doom

I prefer that system, when you move the screen, you kind of forget that you're a person aiming a gun around a terrain.

Seems more like you're aiming the screen at the target, than the gun.

Alpha Centauri
I've had experiences that completely contradict that view of Halo. I hate it, unresponsive crap in my opinion.

RE4 was Cube first. Conceived and made. So to me it's a Cube game. Half Life is a PC game. They're not PS2 games, PS2 is borrowing them to make itself look better.

What are PS2's Capcom exclusives? Devil May Cry, hahaha.

-AC

Red Superfly
I prefer that system, when you move the screen, you kind of forget that you're a person aiming a gun around a terrain.

Seems more like you're aiming the screen at the target, than the gun.

I don't. Everytime I played it, and aimed, I kept thinking "who aims like this?". When you are aiming a gun, you keep your head in line with the gun, so in terms of realism, games where you simply move the screen are better.

I mean, nobody aims a gun by looking in one direction, and moving their eyes, and turning their wrist on the spot. Their whole body moves. TS2 just felt unnatural for me, and a bit disorientating.

Red Superfly
I've had experiences that completely contradict that view of Halo. I hate it, unresponsive crap in my opinion.

RE4 was Cube first. Conceived and made. So to me it's a Cube game. Half Life is a PC game. They're not PS2 games, PS2 is borrowing them to make itself look better.

What are PS2's Capcom exclusives? Devil May Cry, hahaha.

-AC

Devil May Cry
Devil May Cry 2
Devil May Cry 3
Clock Tower 3
Onimusha 3
Monster Hunter
Maximo

That's quite a few actually. Whether you believe PS2 is borrowing games from other to make itself look better is entirely opinion. When it comes to third party games, anything goes really.

Look at GTA. Would you begrudge XBox owners the GTA series because it was on PS2 first? The arrangement between Rockstar and Sony was pretty much identical to that of Nintendo and Capcom over Resi 4.

I personally don't care about PS2 getting to publish Resi 4. All is fair. The thing that DOES bug me is the bonus content. It's like a slap in the face for cube Resi fans.

It's a shame that PS2 fanboys will forget that without the Cube owners making Resi 4 a success, they would probably never get their inferioir port with bonus missions. But common PS2 fans are like that. Dolts.

Victor Von Doom
I don't. Everytime I played it, and aimed, I kept thinking "who aims like this?". When you are aiming a gun, you keep your head in line with the gun, so in terms of realism, games where you simply move the screen are better.

I mean, nobody aims a gun by looking in one direction, and moving their eyes, and turning their wrist on the spot. Their whole body moves. TS2 just felt unnatural for me, and a bit disorientating.

That's because you can look around the screen though, the character doesn't need to.

Like in Resident Evil 4. Leon moves with the dot, but the screen stays static more or less.

Alpha Centauri
Devil May Cry
Devil May Cry 2
Devil May Cry 3
Clock Tower 3
Onimusha 3
Monster Hunter
Maximo

That's quite a few actually. Whether you believe PS2 is borrowing games from other to make itself look better is entirely opinion. When it comes to third party games, anything goes really.

Hahaha, look at those titles.

First three are shit, Clock Tower is missable, Onimusha is very very good, Monster Hunter and Maximo are nothing new. Same ol' Same ol'.

-AC

Tha C-Master
Wait, what are we arguing here, I'm talking about the strengths and vices of several consoles, your premise seems to revolve around why nintendo rocks and playstation sucks.

Keep in mind 99% of this is subjective anyways, and no matter how many times we repeat ourselves it won't become fact...

You said Gamecube are behind on it, they're not. Case closed there then.
No, they are not behind on the concept, but they are behind the total race.

The gamer audience are becoming older and older, granted many grew up on nintendo, which are the main population anyways.

Many Nintendo fans "stick with" the systems because they're the most reliable technically and in terms of games.

There's more to look at when you buy a console than games.

Granted games do make the system, but there are other things gamers like me and others look for.

1.) Size
a. Is it easy to carry around

b. Does it pack power within its size?

c. Will it fit comfortably.

2.) Reliability
a. Are/is the machine reliable?

b. Does the machine have a history of customer satisfaction?

c. Will it last long in the gaming war?

3.) Controller

a. Is it the right size?

b. Is it comfortable, with the buttons in suitable places?

c. Are there many kinds of controllers, with many types of features.

4.) Games

a. What games are this console suited for?

b. What is the price range on these games?

c. How many games will I get?

etc.

Sony fans undeniably stick with Sony because they're Sony.

I stick with sony because of better controllers, a wider variety of games, more features, easy to carry around and set up, decent online play. etc.

I stick with nintendo because of its simplicity and innovation, and the best of the innovation/simplicity were in the SNES days.

I had an N64 and was dissapointed, gamecube was a good alternate system.

Because it's always good. Mario is always good. Resident Evil is always excellent. Metroid is always excellent.

Mario is great, had its peak at mario 3, had its revolution at mario 64, now he/luigi are slowly getting less interesting, and are just rehashing the same old games over and over again.

Mario Party 12 anyone?

Resident Evil is a good,solid game. Made most of its money and recognition on playstation, it was an awesome game on gamecube, but you had many years to tweak/work it.

Games are about improvement, and gamers should make games...

I'm not saying if the games were shit that some Nintendo fans would stop buying em.

No, they wouldn't.

People have been buying mario party for god knows how many years, despite #2 being the best one.

Nintendo is pretty repetitive, and makes its money off of its core characters, with their fame.

Mario, donkey kong, kirby, yoshi etc.

If something isn't broken, why fix it?

But if you aren't going to change anything, why keep making it?

You always get some pointless die-hards. The point is, as far as fanboys go. Sony has the pick of the litter.

Nintendo, hands down. The main population love their pokemon and Mario party too much to let it go...

Sony steals a bit from everyone so it's always viewed as the more versatile choice, despite hardly coming up with anything revolutionary.

But many of the games released on xbox and gamecube came from sony first.

REvolutionary? Try the backwards compatibility.

The problem is, games are less and less revolutionary, there is that "hit game", but things have been done over and over and over again.

Nintendo has been revolutionary, being the "father" of gaming, but like sega, they have to keep up with the changing in appeals and gaming convienience.

Why might that be? Because for every decent game there's 50 shit ones? Yes.

Very subjective.

Lets go by sales, because you and I can argue what is good or not.

GTA was popular, Halo was popular, gamecube had....

Resident evil, right, but that game just appeals to a smaller genre FOR that console.

Beyond good and evil was EXTRAORDINARY, you have many titles that have been overrlooked in "GTA/halo" season, dissapointing but true.

So? Gamecube has better games than both. Bill Gates was only concerned with becoming the biggest selling.

Thats what its about in the end.

People buy what they like, or what looks appealing, which is why it deems subjective for a small percentage of the game populace, you and I, to say what is "shit" and what isn't.

Everything gamecube had that I found interesting, was on PS2 mostly anyways.

Halo kept xbox alive, noone should deny that.

Sony and Microsoft can boast about sales all they want.

They have the third party support and influence to back it up.

Nintendo will always come out with a better game and show that it doesn't matter. They've got ENOUGH sales.

Then why the price drop?

Why did gamecube drop their price?

Maybe it was because many saw something they (excuse me and you), liked more and moved on.

Third party support is at an all time low, there is no online play for the most part.

Thats what also matters, its what the people want.

Games make the system, but its not what you play in the game, its also what you can do.

A decent game can become great in massive multiplayer.

Xbox and PS2 have never had such a game.

Very subjective, I'm not going to go into this.

Me and you like what we like, but I think TMB was VERY underrated.

Why are you referring to sales? Avril Lavigne sells multi-platinum. She's still shit. It was to support my thesis/premise about companies giving people what they want.

Its an oligopoly.

which is why I find your later post odd...

Nintendo's returns factory has the highest unemployment rate in the games industry.

I had MK1 on SNES, it had blood in it. The blood was optional. So you obviously got some Sunday market version.

I don't want to tangent too far here, but there was no blood released in the states, so maybe that was why you had blood.

A,B,A,C,A,B,B released blood and fatalities for the sega, nintendo had sweat.

I had an uncensored, 18 rated version of Duke Nukem on mine. Don't know where you're getting this from.

N64 duke didn't have strippers, it had a warehouse, and removed some levels.

Anyway, maybe it was just in the states, who knows.

Tha C-Master
not done yet...

Tha C-Master
Sony got as far as Resident Evil 3 (which was incredibly mediocre). It was playable, the first and second one was better.

They couldn't push the boundaries, so they sold it to DREAMCAST who made Code Veronica.

Marketing tool, company had no more innovation, so they sold it and moved on.

Sega stopped pushing the envelope long ago, when it and nintendo were running things, before PLAYSTATION, and xbox showed up.

Then Sony stole it back years later and took the credit. They couldn't do it on their own. Of course, in 2002 Nintendo get a phone call hmmm.

Bait and switch, the company wasn't pushing the envelope in other areas, one game wasn't going to save it.

Power is influence.

Sony: Nintendo? It's Sony.
Nintendo: What do you want?
Sony: We can't make games better and we're losing money. Buy our Resi's off us, they're not gonna get any better.
Nintendo: Alright.

k.. look above

Couple years later Sony want Resi 4 back so they LOOK (in the eyes of Sony fanboys) like they're as good. When the game is shitter.

Nintendo has had its dissapointments as well..

Like them going to E3 and boasting about GBA to GC connectivity, and showcasing all these games, making it all hyped up.

Next year around, only had a handfull, zelda was one of them that did ok in the market.

Exactly, because Nintendo very very rarely pull those stunts.

Look above...

Gamecube is purely for games because that's what Nintendo do.

thats nice for nintendo, unfortunately, people want the extra options, online play, and a different gaming genre.

They're not a multi-software company.

Which is working against them, no need to defend it, I'm sure nintendo will try to catch on.

Lets see backwards compatiblity, where did that come from?

They want to give gamers the best and they do. They don't see the point in putting two ports in, why?

The same reason that nintendo made a DS, xbox made you buy a dvd player, and the same reason that Nintendo has pokemon orange, and Mario party 13...

More money? They want gamers to have money to spend on games, not accessories.

The consoles are around the same price, before nintendo did its drop, so you had the accessories included.

Accessories are very much wanted, thats like saying people who drive cars don't want an air conditioner/cd player.

We do.

Sony games were as expensive here and unlike the cartridges, the discs used to fail.

Sorry about that, but I know that sony games were cheaper here, AND the new generation had the Greatest hits at 20 dollars.

The other systems copied that too.

Its war, enemies STEAL from the other enemy, you have no idea what is original really, once you think about it.

I do agree on the reliability on the console, I said that needed to be worked on.

Lest we forget Sony hyped up the PS2 discs as being cool and purple.

Those stupid CD's?

I made a killing fixing people's consoles after they got a disc read error.

Those ended in 2001, and they stuck to the Dvd format, with better graphics and sound.

Years down the road there's malfunctions and the purple discs won't run.

REad above...

Nintendo's returns factory has the highest unemployment rate in the games industry.

I thought this wasn't relevant.

Banjo didn't suck, but that's subjective. Nor did Donkey Kong. 50 games to 1, or "kiddy" games is no more/less subjective.

Stop emphasising money, it's irrelevant.

Half Life is a PC game,

But was on the playstation, which is why I emphasize having a pc with your console.

Red Faction one borrowed heavily from it but was a great game.
Yes, but games take ideas from another, no differently than music.

Timesplitters series stole most of what's great about it from N64's Goldeneye, MKDA and MKD wouldn't be around were it not for Nintendo.

No, it improved

It felt like goldeneye, but the customization, missions, and humor, put Goldeneye in the dust in terms of multiplayer.

Of course fanboys won't accept that.

Lest we forget Metal Gear, the saga that started on the original Nintendo.

But that was also improved on the playstation. No different than resident evil, right?

I also recommend Kingdom hearts, a great title.

Exactly! You just named 6 things. One of them is "games", which is what we're discussing.

We were discussing consoles last I checked.

Many, many, things go to console, games in the end make the console, but options, variety, and versatility KEEP the buyers.

Sony fan boys are impressed that their GAMES console plays CDs and DVDs. I'm not, because that's not what I bought it for.
I bought mine for games, but that was a cherry on the top.

People buy cars to drive, but Cd players and Air conditioners come in there, wierd.

Its called improvement.

Why are you claiming Sony are great because of stuff that has no relevance to gaming? Bit pointless.

I think they are great because they offered alot of options, backwards compatiblity etc. Versatility.

I told you the gaming population isn't what it was in the past decade, thats nintendo's fault.

They don't have gaming versatility. They chuck out a hundred games and have the odd good one.
Subjective again, look at the title choices.

xbox was great for shooters, and sports.

playstation had shooters, sports, racing, fighting, adventure, etc.

Good for all ages, xbox is deemed mature, nintendo is deemed for a younger audience.

The cash cow for nintendo is the GBA anyways.

Nintendo was just games? Exactly, haha. Of course it's just games. We're discussing games and games consoles.

Consoles that had many features...

You Sony guys are just impressed by Sony cramming everything on the machine that you don't need.

Um, to be honest, I think the best games are the older ones and spend more of my time playing my genesis and nintendo sorry.

We can have a fanboy war too:

"Nintendo likes to have repeats of pokemon, and mario party, and donkey kong, and the same old zelda, and..."

Great. I didn't ever put a DVD into my Playstation and think "Wow, what awesome games."

I said you should play what you want to play, and get the system that suits you, such bias isn't necessary.

Because that's not relevant.

To you...

Tha C-Master

Although I enjoy playing on all the current gen systems, I have to admit that. Me too, I really spend more of my time on the old stuff though...

Red Superfly
Hahaha, look at those titles.

First three are shit, Clock Tower is missable, Onimusha is very very good, Monster Hunter and Maximo are nothing new. Same ol' Same ol'.

-AC

Same thing could be said about the likes of Mario Kart: Double Dash, Mario Tennis and Mario Golf. These were crap in my opinion.

Devil May Cry 2 was shit, but 1 & 3 aren't to be sniffed at.

In my opinion every console has something to offer to everyone, at any given time. If one didn't, it would be taken off the shelves. All 3 have done something right at different levels.

These days, however, I shall only be looking for one. XBox 360 for me, for reasons stated previously, but not until after christmas I think.

Creshosk
I like all the systems. Who cares which system is better? I can't play kingdom hearts on my cube, I can't play SSBM on my Ps2, and I can only play fable on my X-Box.

So if I want to be able to play all of these games I haev to have all of the systems. The only time it matters is when its a game that is on each console. In which case you should just go with the one you are most comfortable with. I got Sc2 for the Cube because I like Link. I got Sonic Heros for the cube because it was a gift from my grandmother, who probably didn't even know it was for the other systems.

Tha C-Master
Agrees 100%, for the third time here..

GreenFist
I really like the PSP, shame its so expensive or it wouldn't be so underrated...

They are going to lower the prices for the Holidays

Alpha Centauri
If you think I'm replying to all of it, laughable. To get a big bulk of your post out of the way, anything regarding sales I won't be replying to since they have no relevance nor do they matter.

No, they are not behind on the concept, but they are behind the total race.

The gamer audience are becoming older and older, granted many grew up on nintendo, which are the main population anyways.

What race? For sales? As said, it doesn't matter.

More people find Nintendo to be the more reliable source.

You say "Games do make the system but there are more things gamers look for". What? Like how well it plays DVDs? How powerful it is? Gamecube's graphics are much better than both systems, it's smaller, cheaper and has the better games and the more original games. You're no more of a gamer than I am just because you love to hype up the irrelevant specs of a machine. If we're being technical, Gamecube has the better processor.

Gamecube's controller is incredible, Sony's is just bog-standard. Nothing wrong with it, but nothing new or revolutionary about it.

Size and reliability? Sony? Reliable? Worst machine their is. Literally bails out all the time. Doesn't run properly when standing because the laser can't hack it. So anyone's plans to fit it standing up go out the window.

Price? Cube was cheapest, had a lot of awesome launch games.

I stick with sony because of better controllers, a wider variety of games, more features, easy to carry around and set up, decent online play. etc.

Better controller, subjective. Wider variety? Yeah, but also more shit. More features? So what? Why is it a better GAMES console because it plays DVDs? Makes no sense at all. You're chatting crap. Easy to carry around and set up? Cube fits in a handbag.

Mario is great, had its peak at mario 3, had its revolution at mario 64, now he/luigi are slowly getting less interesting, and are just rehashing the same old games over and over again.

Mario Party 12 anyone?

Hahahaha. And Sony aren't? They're the kings of rehashing the hack and slash walk-along. Sony fans suck it up.

Resident Evil is a good,solid game. Made most of its money and recognition on playstation, it was an awesome game on gamecube, but you had many years to tweak/work it.

You? I don't work for Nintendo.

Second, where it made money doesn't matter. Where it's better matters. Answer? Cube. Who made it better? Cube.

Nintendo is pretty repetitive, and makes its money off of its core characters, with their fame.

Mario, donkey kong, kirby, yoshi etc.

If something isn't broken, why fix it?

But if you aren't going to change anything, why keep making it?

Talk about contradiction. If it's not broken, why fix it? Exactly. People still want Mario games. I don't want 5 more God of War-alikes to go with the other 10 thousand.

Nintendo, hands down. The main population love their pokemon and Mario party too much to let it go...

False generalisation. This thread proves otherwise.

But many of the games released on xbox and gamecube came from sony first.

REvolutionary? Try the backwards compatibility.

The problem is, games are less and less revolutionary, there is that "hit game", but things have been done over and over and over again.

Nintendo has been revolutionary, being the "father" of gaming, but like sega, they have to keep up with the changing in appeals and gaming convienience.

They do keep up, hence why they're continually revered as the greatest games makers.

Very subjective.

There has never been a game as good as RE4 on any other console.

Lets go by sales, because you and I can argue what is good or not.

Exactly, so why not accept that you like something provably inferior? Sales mean nothing. I'm not going to sit here and indulge your irrelevancy just because you can't hack debating about something on topic.

Thats what its about in the end.

It's not. End of story. It's about quality. That's why you Sony fanboys are idiots. You love the company, not what it makes.

Then why the price drop?

Why did gamecube drop their price?

Maybe it was because many saw something they (excuse me and you), liked more and moved on.

A) Don't speak for me.

B) What did Sony fans see that they liked though? Sony fans got sucked into being impressed by the non-relevant features. I don't care if my cellphone can make my dinner. If it can't call anyone properly, I don't want it.

nintendo had sweat.

Apparantly not everywhere.

N64 duke didn't have strippers, it had a warehouse, and removed some levels.

Anyway, maybe it was just in the states, who knows.

It was.

Marketing tool, company had no more innovation, so they sold it and moved on.

Sega stopped pushing the envelope long ago, when it and nintendo were running things, before PLAYSTATION, and xbox showed up.

Exactly. They couldn't innovate so they sold it to someone who could, took it back and claimed the credit.

Playstation and Xbox can run the sales all day, it doesn't change the fact that Gamecube's best Vs the best from the other two will always win.

With regards to your second essay, because this is all about sales to you and I have no interest in discussing sales and marketing techniques:

-My unemployment comment was a joke highlighting Sony's unreliability.

-Nintendo DS is a new and innovative item. PSP is pocket playstation. Sit in your room playing something that you have infront of you.

-I think Goldeneye shits on Timesplitters in every way shape or form. Then you have Perfect Dark, greatest shooter of all time.

People buy cars to drive, but Cd players and Air conditioners come in there, wierd.

Its called improvement.

But they won't sit there and say "My car is better because it blows cold air."

Sales aren't relevant, because in any major industry, sales just reflects what has been marketed more effectively. Justin Timberlake sells better than Opeth. The "people" want Justin more than they want Opeth. But people are idiots who will buy anything if there's enough thrown in, regardless of how irrelevant.

DVDs, CDs and shit ARE irrelevant because we are discussing which is the better GAMES console. Not which is better at playing music.

So if you choose to reply, please focus on what I've said about the consoles. Not the sales.

As for Devil May Cry, it's shit. Run along, kill, done. I got over that at Streets of Rage.

-AC

The Highlord

GreenFist

Tha C-Master
I've see this has turned into your vendetta against playstation, this went from an "whats the best things to look for when you are selecting a console", to "Nintendo rules, Playstation sucks, because I say so."

tsk tsk tsk, and the fact that most of this is ad hominem, makes me think about the premise of your argument.

If you think I'm replying to all of it, laughable. To get a big bulk of your post out of the way, anything regarding sales I won't be replying to since they have no relevance nor do they matter.

To reply for the sake of it doesn't help an argument, if you were to actually listen to what I said, its not what the majority wants, it is whats best for you.

Sales again, were in correlation of what people want now, in relation to what they wanted in the past decade.

What race? For sales? As said, it doesn't matter.

The race of what people want now, that is reflected by sales, the other systems have an appeal for the massive buyers that one doesn't, come to terms with it.

More people find Nintendo to be the more reliable source.

How can you sit here and tell me not to use ad populem arguments, while you keep doing the same?

Amazing from now own if you are going to tell me that what the majority thinks doesn't matter, at least stick to it in the same damend post.

More people, like who, nintendo fanboys?

Well if more people like the playstation...

You say "Games do make the system but there are more things gamers look for". What? Like how well it plays DVDs?

Yes, apparently or people wouldn't be enjoying them, its not like I'm making it up, and just because you don't like it, doesn't make it less true.

How powerful it is? Gamecube's graphics are much better than both systems, it's smaller, cheaper and has the better games and the more original games.

Craziness, if you are going to attack a persons post, at least use fact.

Xbox was the most powerful and had the best graphics engine, I thought this was common knowledge.

I'm not going into "better games" because it relies off of your opinion, which is not only subjective, but turning out to be highly biased.

Proceeding from or taking place in a person's mind rather than the external world: a subjective decision.
Particular to a given person; personal: subjective experience.
Moodily introspective.
Existing only in the mind; illusory.
Psychology. Existing only within the experiencer's mind.
Medicine. Of, relating to, or designating a symptom or condition perceived by the patient and not by the examiner.
Expressing or bringing into prominence the individuality of the artist or author.
Grammar. Relating to or being the nominative case.
Relating to the real nature of something; essential..

This was about exclaiming what is the best in the idea for a new item, and turned into your "Nintendo rocks, playstation sucks!!" argument, which has basically gone off of your own opinion rather than any fact I'm aware of...

You're no more of a gamer than I am just because you love to hype up the irrelevant specs of a machine.

Who said I was "more" of a gamer? I myself don't care about all this "hype" and such

Irrelevant to YOU, they are there, you don't like it too bad.

Its just part of what was used to influence people into buying systems.

We should go off of fact, or a biased, subjective opinion?

If we're being technical, Gamecube has the better processor.

Xbox again, this should be common knowledge people.

Who said I was "more" of a gamer? I myself don't care about all this "hype" and such

Gamecube's controller is incredible, Sony's is just bog-standard. Nothing wrong with it, but nothing new or revolutionary about it.

Again going by your subjective mind.

Gamecube had a good controller for many games, but playstation had a parallel design that was simialar to the snes.

For most, that design was more applicable to more games, AND had MUCH better control, and ease to maneuver.

The cstick and everything, made shooting and fighting games more difficult, because of the lack of symmetry.

I recommend the logitech, more expensive, but has quality over the wavebird, is heavier, and fits to the hand, can play rooms away.

Sorry for the subjectiveness.

Gamecube is better than the xbox though...

Size and reliability?

Size goes to the new playstation (smaller version)

Reliability/durability goes to nintendo.

Sony? Reliable? Worst machine their is

In terms of reliability,yes. Did I say it was the best, I mentioned several times its tendencies to falter.

I was blessed with one that didn't.

. Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Literally bails out all the time. Doesn't run properly when standing because the laser can't hack it.

Which should be one reason to choose the system you like.

Mine stands up fine.

So anyone's plans to fit it standing up go out the window.

My stands up fine.
Price? Cube was cheapest, had a lot of awesome launch games. Gamecube was cheapest because it was losing the game war, sales affect price and quality, see where this is shaping up.

Awesome launch games, always does. But the quality tends to go down, which turns people off.

Better controller, subjective. You sure know alot about being subjective I may add.

Wider variety? Yeah, but also more shit.

I'm tired of coolness arguments, this is not what a debate it about, treating your opinion as fact.

More features? So what? Why is it a better GAMES console because it plays DVDs? Makes no sense at all. You're chatting crap.

I'm chatting crap, NO, you are wrong on your facts.

Its called the SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM!!!

Gamecube is a gamecube, xbox is an xbox, get with the program, I already said gamecube was about games, why do the other systems have to be about gamecube, do they need a handicap or something for you?

Easy to carry around and set up? Cube fits in a handbag.
Try the small playstation, cube is easy too.

Hahahaha. And Sony aren't? They're the kings of rehashing the hack and slash walk-along. Sony fans suck it up.

Not as much as nintendo.

Not the point, you are acting like I'm saying sony is perfect or something to aid your argument, which is totally off the topic I started out with.

I play what I like...

You? I don't work for Nintendo. I'm actually surprised at that comment

Second, where it made money doesn't matter. Where it's better matters. Answer? Cube. Who made it better? Cube.
Then why are YOU talking about systems stealing systems ideas and such?

Stop being a fanboy, you are going to contradict yourself...

Talk about contradiction. If it's not broken, why fix it? Exactly.
There may be hope for you yet, I just said that.

People still want Mario games. I don't want 5 more God of War-alikes to go with the other 10 thousand.

Why make another games/system then?
If you aren't going to fix anything, then why keep making new ones.

Surely money and sales don't matter, right?

False generalisation. This thread proves otherwise.

This thread has proven that nintendo fanboys ALWAYS come on these threads, and ruin it with their "nintendo is underrated" mess.

Fanboys ALWAYS think what they love is underrated.

Tha C-Master
They do keep up, hence why they're continually revered as the greatest games makers.

Coolness argument.

Proceeding from or taking place in a person's mind rather than the external world: a subjective decision.
Moodily introspective.
Medicine. Of, relating to, or designating a symptom or condition perceived by the patient and not by the examiner.
Expressing or bringing into prominence the individuality of the artist or author.
There has never been a game as good as RE4 on any other console.

Exactly, so why not accept that you like something provably inferior?

How arrogant, first you don't listen, then you say I'm liking something inferior, who says so, you.

Doesn't make it fact right.

Which is also why I have all three consoles, and your opinion seems that more biased to me.

Sales mean nothing. I'm not going to sit here and indulge your irrelevancy just because you can't hack debating about something on topic.

I'm done indulging your coolness arguments, your "nintendo rules xxoroxxs!!!"

I've put this on topic and I said what I choose and what is the system to get dependent on what you are looking for.

Who blew this out of proportion, and hasn't used any real fact? -AC

t's not. End of story. It's about quality. That's why you Sony fanboys are idiots. You love the company, not what it makes.

Now resorting to attacking me because you've succeded in nothing else?

Quality of the system comes from many, many, factors.

So quality is a generalization.

You attacking everyone so vehemently who disagrees with you and calling them wrong, and stupid, because they don't like your biased opinion, makes you a fanboy of the highest degree.

A) Don't speak for me.

I wasn't again you aren't paying attention while you sit on your roost.

I said taking me and you out of the other numbers who chose to buy, and generalizing that, to keep it from sounding like an accusation on the party here.

B) What did Sony fans see that they liked though? Sony fans got sucked into being impressed by the non-relevant features.
Coolness argument, subjective opinion, I'm not here to make you change your opinions that you treat as fact.

Moodily introspective.

I don't care if my cellphone can make my dinner. If it can't call anyone properly, I don't want it.

Here I agree, but if I have a car that works as good as another, with more features...

Exactly. They couldn't innovate so they sold it to someone who could, took it back and claimed the credit.
Like mGs?

Playstation and Xbox can run the sales all day, it doesn't change the fact that Gamecube's best Vs the best from the other two will always win.

Can we look up subjective?

Moodily introspective.
With regards to your second essay, because this is all about sales to you and I have no interest in discussing sales and marketing techniques:

-My unemployment comment was a joke highlighting Sony's unreliability.
w/e

-Nintendo DS is a new and innovative item. PSP is pocket playstation. Sit in your room playing something that you have infront of you.
time to be subjective.

I swear its like this is coming from a magazine or something.

Gameboy advance was THE money maker for nintendo, SP was just the same thing, and a way to make money.

PSP is the better MACHINE, not necessarily portable.

Put them side by side at the same release date and price them for free, guess what?

-I think Goldeneye shits on Timesplitters in every way shape or form. Then you have Perfect Dark, greatest shooter of all time.

You sound like such a fanboy lol.

Moodily introspective.

But they won't sit there and say "My car is better because it blows cold air."

If it runs fine and blows cool air, then which would you get?

Sony is a computer entertainment system.

Its no longer a simple "gaming console", jesus, I play my SNES more than all my other systems, because I like the games more.

Sales aren't relevant, because in any major industry, sales just reflects what has been marketed more effectively. Justin Timberlake sells better than Opeth.

Nintendo has had weaker marketing, but also power of word gets around.

This is an oligopoly, like coke and pepsi.

One or the other.

The "people" want Justin more than they want Opeth. But people are idiots who will buy anything if there's enough thrown in, regardless of how irrelevant.
True...

DVDs, CDs and shit ARE irrelevant because we are discussing which is the better GAMES console. Not which is better at playing music.
I'm discussing which CONSOLE is better.

You feel bad that a COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM has other features, not my problem.

So if you choose to reply, please focus on what I've said about the consoles. Not the sales.

I've read your subjective opinion, and this is my last time entertaining your notion about "my opinion is fact".

All I was trying to do was say what I liked, and what to get, and like superfly said, it ALWAYS delves into petty fanboyism

ALWAYS.

When you can't get your point across you insult the console, when you can't get that across, you insult the people who play them, you turn an argument into an argument for ARGUMENTS sake, and you don't listen to the premise.

We were all correct at first, but now, its absurd.

Continue to reply to this post, but its falling on blind eyes, because YOU who insulted all the other Playstation players as FANBOYS, have turned out to be a fanboy of the highest degree, and fanboys are usually jealous of the most popular thing, the trend.

Or they feel what they love and value is overrated, I can't change how you feel, but if you are going to attack posts, use facts and NOT your opinion, especially when its so biased and insulting.

As for Devil May Cry, it's shit. Run along, kill, done. I got over that at Streets of Rage.

Streets of Rage rocked.

Tha C-Master

TwisterGameX
Metal Gear Solid......Soul calibur 3......FF...Kingdom hearts.....GOD OF WAR......PS2.....where would you be without them....

Nintendo, I love Nintendo and defend it to death, but mario party 5000 is coming out, and Zelda 100000.

I Love all 3 systems.

GreenFist
Nintendo will always be a classic

Creshosk
What the?

DVD and CD are two different formats. the DVD format allows you to store more information than the standard CD format.

And as long as you're using the DVD compression format you might as well give it the ability to read DVD movies, more features has a greater appeal, one of the things I like about Nintendo's next system is how backward compatability of downloading the older games, and a controller that is easily modifiable to allow different formats to play the older ones.

The Gamecube also had expansion ports to allow users to hook up a DVD player.

EvilCap America
Mario is mob connected and barely even works anymore.I mean since like 1991 how many actual MARIO games have there been?Mario 64 and Mario Sunshine?Thats 2 in nearly 15 years and what has Mario been doing since then?

Hes been Golfing playing Tennis racing Go-Karts and throwing wild lavish parties with his friends Selling "Anti-virus medication" as a MD despite no previous mention of spending years in college and now hes playing baseball with his buddies.I swear give the guy 5 more years and we will have Mario "Do coke and shrooms off a hookers stomach while sleeping on a pile of money" 4 before we get a new Mario game

Creshosk
Now about the whole computer thing. . .

If you don't know about the the fact that consoles are computers, you probably don't know much about consoles as is.

The gamecube uses the same video card as my computer.

They are after all computers themselves. They have operating systems and run programs.

Heck the Dreamcasts OS was even a Windows OS. . .I think it was corporate edition.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by EvilCap America
Mario is mob connected and barely even works anymore.I mean since like 1991 how many actual MARIO games have there been?Mario 64 and Mario Sunshine?Thats 2 in nearly 15 years and what has Mario been doing since then?

Hes been Golfing playing Tennis racing Go-Karts and throwing wild lavish parties with his friends Selling "Anti-virus medication" as a MD despite no previous mention of spending years in college and now hes playing baseball with his buddies.I swear give the guy 5 more years and we will have Mario "Do coke and shrooms off a hookers stomach while sleeping on a pile of money" 4 before we get a new Mario game

What I hate about fanboys the most is the fact that "weakest" is when it suits them.

Playstation has been the weakest and still sales, Gamecube has more power and sales less.

Guess it ain't all about shiny graphics then?

Saleswise
PS2>GC>XB
Powerwise
XB>GC>PS2

TwisterGameX
I heard that Xbox is doing better than Nintendo gamecube as of late. Not the Nintendo GBA though only the cube.

They said it on this show called X play.

GreenFist
Don't believe X-Play they are crap

Tha C-Master
I heard that Xbox is doing better than Nintendo gamecube as of late. Not the Nintendo GBA though only the cube.

They said it on this show called X play. They are, the core money maker for nintendo is the GBA, plain and simple.

Don't believe X-Play they are crap believing what everyone tells you earlier?

Screw that, xplay rocks, but you just have to realize that new consoles are synonymous with rumors and speculation.

And Morgan Webb.

Alpha Centauri
Yes, apparently or people wouldn't be enjoying them, its not like I'm making it up, and just because you don't like it, doesn't make it less true.

Look, stop dodging my questions and posts with essay long posts.

Why do DVDs (unrelated) and CDs (unrelated) make PS2 a better games console? (related). I have no vendetta against Playstation, I just don't see why Sony fans suck it off due to features that have nothing to do with games in a VIDEO GAMES FORUM.

Craziness, if you are going to attack a persons post, at least use fact.

Xbox was the most powerful and had the best graphics engine, I thought this was common knowledge.

No Xbox game I've ever played has ever had graphical capability of the Cube. It still has the jagged edges, still lacks the smoothness. I've never seen that in a Cube game.

This was about exclaiming what is the best in the idea for a new item, and turned into your "Nintendo rocks, playstation sucks!!" argument, which has basically gone off of your own opinion rather than any fact I'm aware of...

If you stopped trying to shove my posts out the way by writing war and peace vol 3, and actually read what I'm saying, we wouldn't be having this misunderstanding.

Irrelevant to YOU, they are there, you don't like it too bad.

Its just part of what was used to influence people into buying systems.

We should go off of fact, or a biased, subjective opinion?

Fact. So fact is, DVDs aren't games, we're discussing games. CDs aren't games, we're discussing games. Games are games, so lets discuss games.

You are continually claiming to not be involved in the hype but you cite other irrelevant (not about games, nothing to do with the games) features as reasons why it's a better GAMES console. Is it a better multi purpose console? Yes. But we're not discussing multi-purpose. We're discussing who make and produce the better games.

Gamecube had a good controller for many games, but playstation had a parallel design that was simialar to the snes.

Hahaha, exactly. Sony's "great" design came from a 16 (or so) bit Nintendo console. Nintendo have evolved about 4 times since then.

For most, that design was more applicable to more games, AND had MUCH better control, and ease to maneuver.

The cstick and everything, made shooting and fighting games more difficult, because of the lack of symmetry.

You rarely have to use the C-stick. Point being that the Sony controller is fine, sure. I can use it. Comfortable, easy, functional. Nothing new, nothing I had to enjoy getting used to. Cube was.

I recommend the logitech, more expensive, but has quality over the wavebird, is heavier, and fits to the hand, can play rooms away.

Why does it matter that you can play rooms away? See what I mean. You're impressed by features. Me? I like to sit in the same room as my console and play, or sit with my friends and play.

Size goes to the new playstation (smaller version)

Reliability/durability goes to nintendo.

..............So you're debating what? Isn't your above comment making things a bit obvious?

Gamecube was cheapest because it was losing the game war, sales affect price and quality, see where this is shaping up.

Xbox was a flop. Plain and simple. That console, like or hate, was a failure. PS2 was extremely successful because it had billions of games and was the "first" next gen console.

Gamecube ended up being better than Xbox. PS2 doesn't take as much effort as the Cube because it's got it's finger in the multi console pie. It's easier to like. Like it's easier to go in McDonalds and buy a crappy burger and eat it than it is to pay to go into a restaurant and eat an excellent meal, and acquire it as a taste.

Awesome launch games, always does. But the quality tends to go down, which turns people off.

I don't think the quality went down at all. But that's me.

I'm tired of coolness arguments, this is not what a debate it about, treating your opinion as fact.

And I'm tired of "My PS2 can do this". If you had bothered to read my post you'd know I was discussing solely what was the better games console. In a games forum.

I'm chatting crap, NO, you are wrong on your facts.

Its called the SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM!!!

Gamecube is a gamecube, xbox is an xbox, get with the program, I already said gamecube was about games, why do the other systems have to be about gamecube, do they need a handicap or something for you?

Exactly. So why are you continuing? I get that you love Sony's food processor, but I'm not discussing that. I'm discussing what is the better GAMES console. Is PS2 the more all-purpose system? Yes. But that's for the DVD player/CD player forum. Not the Games forum.

I'm not fanboy, I couldn't care less what company made the Cube. The point I'm making (that you keep missing) is that I'm discussing games. You are intent on discussing the other non-game features in a thread about what's better for games. I'm not a fanboy because I actually had all 3 consoles from their release days and I did love the PS2 at first. Then it decided to be a junk heap, start knocking out shit games and gathering dust. Yours works and you love the games, so obviously that part is subjective. However, mine gathered dust because I bought it to PLAY GAMES and the GAMES weren't good enough. I don't care what DVDs it can play. I have a DVD player. I don't care what CDs it plays. I have a stereo.

I'm discussing which CONSOLE is better.

You feel bad that a COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM has other features, not my problem.

Don't ever accuse me of ignoring. I don't feel bad, it has more features. So what? SO actual what? I'm discussing games. How many times must I actually say this. You are the one bringing in EVERYTHING other than games to bolster your arguement.

Gameboy advance was THE money maker for nintendo, SP was just the same thing, and a way to make money.

PSP is the better MACHINE, not necessarily portable.

Put them side by side at the same release date and price them for free, guess what?

Dodged my point nice, so don't ever call me a fanboy.

DS has things you can't do on any other console, it's innovative and compatible. What is PSP? Playstation, exact the same. In your pocket. The amount of people who actually take these things out and play them on the train, or at work, is minimal. There is NO point in buying a pocket Playstation just to sit on your bed, infront of your TV and your regular Playstation, to play the same thing and pay more for games you already have.

Continue to reply to this post, but its falling on blind eyes, because YOU who insulted all the other Playstation players as FANBOYS, have turned out to be a fanboy of the highest degree, and fanboys are usually jealous of the most popular thing, the trend.

Jealous of the trend? I was one of the first in the UK to own a PS2. If you mean I'm jealous of the features, I'm not because I don't want or need them. I'm trying to discuss games, quality of games and enjoyment of games. You're trying to discuss sales, power and other things.

Lets look at this:

Saleswise
PS2>GC>XB
Powerwise
XB>GC>PS2

Hmm. So, Xbox sold shit, and has failed completely. Terribly planned and despite having all the marketing in the world, is the worst of the 3. Power or not.

PS2 has been around much longer, so it's understandable sales are more, it doesn't mean a thing.

Power: Xbox "wins". So? Hasn't done anything for it. PS2? Worst of the 3. Gamecube has more impressive and smoother (not neccessarily more powerful) graphics than them all.

Lets add the relevant one. Quality wise.

PS2 has many many more games but you could probably count the amount of stellar games on PS2 on two hands. Cube has had less games but they have been more impactful.

Let's look:

PS2 had Metal Gears, Code Veronica (Dreamcast port), Pro Evolution (on Xbox now), Tekkens. Those were it's major games.

Cube has Starfox, Mario Sunshine, Mariokart DD, Resident Evil series, Metroid 1 and 2, Eternal Darkness.

If we compare the multi platform games like Spider-Man 2 etc, it is graphically better on the Cube. Less glitching.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Metal Gear Solid......Soul calibur 3......FF...Kingdom hearts.....GOD OF WAR......PS2.....where would you be without them....

Here. Don't have any of them bar MGS2, don't think much of it.

Nintendo, I love Nintendo and defend it to death, but mario party 5000 is coming out, and Zelda 100000.

Slightly ridiculous, because Sony has games series that rival the sequel count. You named FF- how many does that have now? More than double Mario Party I believe.

Tha C-Master
Wait there is a lost in train of thought here.

I am discussing what console is best for the new season for what people want it.

You are discussing what makes gamecube great and playstation mediocre, thats fine in your opinion.

I'm not bringing ANYTHING in irrelevant, Sony isn't a simple gaming console, its a COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM!!

Thats right, games are computers, if you don't like the "needless" features, let that help you in your decision on what to buy and not to buy.

My point was that people who liked the massive library of games tend to stick with ps, to get an extra kick out of their games.

Nintendo stuck with innovation.

Xbox stuck with halo.

Those are what you look for when you get a game.

As for the, "dodging" I'm ignoring your outright distaste of playstation, because it wasn't what I was arguing, of why YOU hate the system, feel free too.

The specs show that all game players aren't graphics whores yet, and they still like to play there games, graphics alone don't make a great game when your controller outright sucks.

No for the insults, lets just end those, because its silly and childish, no more flame wars please.

Alpha Centauri
Wait there is a lost in train of thought here.

I am discussing what console is best for the new season for what people want it.

You are discussing what makes gamecube great and playstation mediocre, thats fine in your opinion.

I'm trying to discuss why we all believe the respective consoles are better for games, which is what their main function is. You're not.

I'm not bringing ANYTHING in irrelevant, Sony isn't a simple gaming console, its a COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM!!

The older Nintendo's were entertainment systems. They're all entertainment systems. Let's not get into swings and roundabouts here. My point is, I'm trying to discuss what has better games. You're not. Why?

Thats right, games are computers, if you don't like the "needless" features, let that help you in your decision on what to buy and not to buy.

I refuse to believe you are this dense, stop making this into something it isn't and discuss the games.

My point was that people who liked the massive library of games tend to stick with ps, to get an extra kick out of their games.

No it wasn't, it was that people want the PS2 because of the non-gaming (irrelevant as we are discussing games) features.

Either way, that's what we need to be discussing. What is better at producing and making games.

The specs show that all game players aren't graphics whores yet, and they still like to play there games, graphics alone don't make a great game when your controller outright sucks.

Right, what's your point?

All I'm interested in, is why you believe Sony to be the superior games makers and producers.

-AC

Tha C-Master
I'm trying to discuss why we all believe the respective consoles are better for games, which is what their main function is. You're not.
I was actually discussing what would be best for what person.

I hear about how shitty playstation is, and how good nintendo is, though I agree with you on many accounts (games making systems and what not), its still very subjective to say that one system is followed by idiots and fanboys see.

I believe that all of them HAD their strongpoints.

Yes games DO make the system, but if someone likes a system, and the extra features, why not buy it?

The older Nintendo's were entertainment systems. They're all entertainment systems. Let's not get into swings and roundabouts here. My point is, I'm trying to discuss what has better games. You're not. Why?
So upon knowing that they are ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEMS, and seeing that their goal is to entertain, some people saw that using the format to play cd's and dvd's (which isn't a stretch, seeing as that is the format anyways for the playstatoin), equaled more entertainment.

"Which has better games", is very subjective, and leads to nothing but pointless console wars.

I would be more than happy to discuss which has GOOD, great, or legendary games though.

I agree that nintendo has focused its staple on games (which is great), but they also will have to step it up.

Online play alone, can make a decent game a great game, so I'm sure nintendo will keep this in mind.

I refuse to believe you are this dense, stop making this into something it isn't and discuss the games.

Contemptious remarks, even in a passive sense, doesn't make it any less true.

No it wasn't, it was that people want the PS2 because of the non-gaming (irrelevant as we are discussing games) features.

No actually I entirely disagree.

The extra feautures were a cherry on top, and most people use other periphrials anyways, some used the ps.

Most people who played sony liked the massive library of games

I myself buy what I like for all of my systems, and don't buy games for the sake of buying them, so I see where you are getting at here.

Either way, that's what we need to be discussing. What is better at producing and making games.

What is better at making their console most appealing and enjoyable to the people who play them is the point.

The question was "what console will you be getting, and why"

There are many reasons why, the main reasons are games, but factors like release dates, price, options, online play, etc. all factor into this.

Right, what's your point?

All I'm interested in, is why you believe Sony to be the superior games makers and producers.

-AC

I never said that one bit, so you missed my premise.

I like all of them roughly the same, and since I spend time playing my SNES over all of my systems, contradicts what you said anyways.

I said I was getting a ps3, because it had what i was looking for.

Victor Von Doom

Contemptious remarks, even in a passive sense, doesn't make it any less true.

Hahaha. Have you been watching This Morning with Richard but not Judy?

I think you (two) are arguing at cross purposes now. One is debating thread title, one is debating this particular argument.

Red Superfly
Arguing for the sake or arguing if you ask me.

Subjective to the end. All the consoles have something to offer, it totally depends on what you want. We all know Nintendos quality is impecable.

I don't think I've ever played a Nintendo game with a single bug in it, thats for sure. Their QA departmnet is second to none. That doesn't mean I like all of their games though.

I'd rather put up with a slightly bug riddled GTA than play a perfectly working Mario Kart: Double Dash, for instance.

QA and good design isn't the same thing.

Tha C-Master
Hahaha. Have you been watching This Morning with Richard but not Judy?

I think you (two) are arguing at cross purposes now. One is debating thread title, one is debating this particular argument. Yea, hit that right on the head...

So what console are you getting and why?

Alpha Centauri
I was actually discussing what would be best for what person.

I hear about how shitty playstation is, and how good nintendo is, though I agree with you on many accounts (games making systems and what not), its still very subjective to say that one system is followed by idiots and fanboys see.

I believe that all of them HAD their strongpoints.

So you agree with me on the relevant point? That when it comes to games, Nintendo are better? Good. Then we're done aren't we?

Yes games DO make the system, but if someone likes a system, and the extra features, why not buy it?

I don't know, why not? I'm not saying don't buy it. You're going off to a whole other topic. My issue was who makes the better games, no more or less. You brought features into it, proving that Sony have obviously influenced you into making note of them.

So upon knowing that they are ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEMS, and seeing that their goal is to entertain, some people saw that using the format to play cd's and dvd's (which isn't a stretch, seeing as that is the format anyways for the playstatoin), equaled more entertainment.

Well then that's not relevant is it? Jesus. I'm talking about games. So what they do besides that, doesn't matter. You are the one who realises that Sony don't make better games, so you're trying to back it by saying how great the features are. I don't care what Playstation does, I'm talking about games.

"Which has better games", is very subjective, and leads to nothing but pointless console wars.

So, instead, you'd rather go off topic? It's subjective but it can be discussed. As I've been trying to.

I would be more than happy to discuss which has GOOD, great, or legendary games though.

Yes. And then who has more of those would obviously be the console better at making games. Follow the crumbs.

I agree that nintendo has focused its staple on games (which is great), but they also will have to step it up.

They don't HAVE to. They might choose to, but they don't have to.

Online play alone, can make a decent game a great game, so I'm sure nintendo will keep this in mind.

That's still gaming though. That's not movies or music.

There are many reasons why, the main reasons are games, but factors like release dates, price, options, online play, etc. all factor into this.

I never said that one bit, so you missed my premise.

I like all of them roughly the same, and since I spend time playing my SNES over all of my systems, contradicts what you said anyways.

I said I was getting a ps3, because it had what i was looking for.

I realise all this.

My point was, why come here and defend Sony and Microsoft (everyone who is doing so) in the area of games quality when you're only gonna bring up everything BUT the games?

People have come in here saying Sony and Microsoft are better because they can do this, this and that. None of which involved gaming and none of which were the consoles primary purposes.

Red, can I genuinely ask what it is you find so captivating about a jerky, rather unresponsive, GTA? Or what you believe so many people love about it? And don't say "freedom" because it doesn't give you freedom.

-AC

Tha C-Master
Arguing for the sake or arguing if you ask me.

Subjective to the end. All the consoles have something to offer, it totally depends on what you want. We all know Nintendos quality is impecable.

I don't think I've ever played a Nintendo game with a single bug in it, thats for sure. Their QA departmnet is second to none. That doesn't mean I like all of their games though.

I'd rather put up with a slightly bug riddled GTA than play a perfectly working Mario Kart: Double Dash, for instance.

QA and good design isn't the same thing. Yea, I agree.

When it comes to QA, nintendo has that in spades especially compared to the amount of games churned out.

Choose what you like, and I'll leave it at that.

Tha C-Master
So you agree with me on the relevant point? That when it comes to games, Nintendo are better? Good. Then we're done aren't we?

I don't know, why not? I'm not saying don't buy it. You're going off to a whole other topic. My issue was who makes the better games, no more or less. You brought features into it, proving that Sony have obviously influenced you into making note of them.

Well then that's not relevant is it? Jesus. I'm talking about games. So what they do besides that, doesn't matter. You are the one who realises that Sony don't make better games, so you're trying to back it by saying how great the features are. I don't care what Playstation does, I'm talking about games.

So, instead, you'd rather go off topic? It's subjective but it can be discussed. As I've been trying to.

Yes. And then who has more of those would obviously be the console better at making games. Follow the crumbs.

They don't HAVE to. They might choose to, but they don't have to.

That's still gaming though. That's not movies or music.

I realise all this.

My point was, why come here and defend Sony and Microsoft (everyone who is doing so) in the area of games quality when you're only gonna bring up everything BUT the games?

People have come in here saying Sony and Microsoft are better because they can do this, this and that. None of which involved gaming and none of which were the consoles primary purposes.

Red, can I genuinely ask what it is you find so captivating about a jerky, rather unresponsive, GTA? Or what you believe so many people love about it? And don't say "freedom" because it doesn't give you freedom.

-AC
I already said all of this long ago, Nintendo has quality in comparison to what it dishes out in spades. Just needs to have more features, like online play to make it more appealing, though its fine as is.

My point was people buy consoles for many factors, and its still truly subjective to what one wants.

I said everything about the games and other features, but no matter what points we are saying, it still comes down to what you want.

Let it end at that.

Victor Von Doom
Yea, hit that right on the head...

So what console are you getting and why?

Revolution for backwards compatibility, and proven track record (not to mention all the games I like tend to be on there).

Except for PD0, and Pro Evolution Soccer- so I might additionally get the 360, as Rare is my fav company.

Been disappointed with the screens of PD though: I always prefer the graphical smoothness of Nintendo consoles- PD seems to have that PC kind of flatness.

Hopefully will be excellent, been waiting on it for 5 years.

Tha C-Master
Revolution for backwards compatibility, and proven track record (not to mention all the games I like tend to be on there).

Except for PD0, and Pro Evolution Soccer- so I might additionally get the 360, as Rare is my fav company.

Been disappointed with the screens of PD though: I always prefer the graphical smoothness of Nintendo consoles- PD seems to have that PC kind of flatness.

Hopefully will be excellent, been waiting on it for 5 years.
Jesus 5 years?

I am sticking with sony, for now. I too like the backwards compatiblity.

Did you ever have an snes?

Red Superfly
I don't play GTA that much to be honest. But I'd honestly prefer to play it than Mario Kart: Double Dash. That was my point. I was comparring a supposed AAA game to another supposed AAA game that Nintendo made.

GTA was probably a shitty example actually. Have any of you played Ico? You know, the mainstream shitty PS2 games aren't the only thing the console offers. Ico reminded me of Zelda, it was like a Nintendo game but exclusively for the PS2. Wanda and Colossus (the Ico sequel due out soon on PS2 only, again). Ico stayed under the radar, nobody knew what it was, there was very little coverage of it, but it received high marks. I absolutely adored it. Wanda and Colossus has made it onto the front cover of Edge magazine. Now, when the likes of Edge Magazine take notice of a genuine PS2 exclusive enough to stick it on the front cover and dedicate a massive chunk of the mag to it, you know its probably worth checking out AT LEAST.

God Of War, another shining example. Superb, tight and fun game. Jak and Daxter AND Ratchet and Clank are probably the best platformers of the current generation (Nintendo's Mario Sunshine was shockingly average) The lack of knowledge about the PS2 game library astounds me sometimes, both by PS2 owners and Nintendo fanboys. They only look from afar, seeing the chaff that Sony markets effortlessly, the licenced shite, or looking at the games Sony has "stolen", or the cross-platformers, without delving a bit deeper and finding some true gems that are exclusive to each console. They are there, they do exist, I own most of them.

I think I might have to check out Fahrenheight and Pro Evolution Soccer 5 next on the PS2. I think in America they had to change the name of Fahrenheight (for reasons that don't require 3 guesses) to something else, I'm unsure what its called over there.

Victor Von Doom
Jesus 5 years?

I am sticking with sony, for now. I too like the backwards compatiblity.

Did you ever have an snes?

Yeah, had Master System (not sure of US name), not NES- wasn't a fan of that.

Then Snes- didn't like the Mega Drive (think US name was Genesis).

Wasn't a PS1 fan- had the N64.

Have all three of the current consoles.

Alpha Centauri
I thought God of War was gonna be promising but it was just another Rygar.

Just another walk-slash to go with the other thousand. Ico was decent but heavily based on Zelda.

-AC

Red Superfly
I thought God of War was gonna be promising but it was just another Rygar.

Just another walk-slash to go with the other thousand. Ico was decent but heavily based on Zelda.

-AC

Oh come on AC. Ico was different to Zelda. It did things differently. It broke everything down into simple forms, so all that was left was exploration and puzzles. It was an experience, LIKE Zelda.

It doesn't change the fact it's a fantastic game.

I could say Resident Evil 4 is just like many other shooters mixed with Resident Evil of old. It doesn't really do anything new either, it just does what it does extremely well, better than most, in a larger quantity. Innovation is just as important as invention in many respects.

That's the important thing. I couldn't care less if the idea was original, just as long as it offers something different and is well executed. God Of War stands above the other beatemups, and Ico stands above most other adventure games (and the menu-less system coupled with the tranquil style of graphics, and the escort-puzzles helped distinguish itself greatly from everything else), and for the whole experienece value, was rivalled only by Zelda in my opinion. It was certainly better than Wind Waker too, despite the fact I loved that game given its criticisms. Everything adventurey gets comparred to Zelda. It was there first and usually does it best. What I'm saying it shouldn't ever take away any of the quality (especially when that quality is rather different, like Ico's) of other games trying to make a name for themselves.

I wish you'd give these games a chance instead of shrugging them off as if they were concieved and created overnight.

Alpha Centauri
Oh come on AC. Ico was different to Zelda. It did things differently. It broke everything down into simple forms, so all that was left was exploration and puzzles. It was an experience, LIKE Zelda.

It doesn't change the fact it's a fantastic game.

I could say Resident Evil 4 is just like many other shooters mixed with Resident Evil of old. It doesn't really do anything new either, it just does what it does extremely well.

Resident Evil doesn't do anything new? You've played the game?

That's the important thing. I couldn't care less if the idea was original, just as long as it offers something different and is well executed. God Of War stands above the other beatemups, and Ico stands above most other adventure games (and the menu-less system coupled with the tranquil style of graphics, and the escort-puzzles helped distinguish itself greatly from everything else), and for the whole experienece value, was rivalled only by Zelda in my opinion. It was certainly better than Wind Waker too, despite the fact I loved that game given its criticisms.

I wish you'd give these games a chance instead of shrugging them off as if they were concieved and created overnight.

God of War stands above the rest?

Why? I'm intrigued. What am I missing?

-AC

Tha C-Master
Yeah, had Master System (not sure of US name), not NES- wasn't a fan of that.

Then Snes- didn't like the Mega Drive (think US name was Genesis).

Wasn't a PS1 fan- had the N64.

Have all three of the current consoles.

I loved the genesis myself, games like streets of rage, and the less popular cyborg justice was fun.

Also a big fan of sonic, and mario 3

Tha C-Master
Resident Evil doesn't do anything new? You've played the game?

God of War stands above the rest?

Why? I'm intrigued. What am I missing?

-AC I personally think GOW was overrated, like GTA and Halo.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>