Gladiator (full confident) vs. The Asgardian Destroyer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Betageuze
who wins this one?

i think... Asgardian Destroyer .. is one of the most powerful force in Universe .. right ?

olympian
Asgardian Destroyer yes.

Betageuze
but.... a fully confident Gladiator..... would it be a easy one for the Asgardian one ??

Sentry
Originally posted by Betageuze
but.... a fully confident Gladiator..... would it be a easy one for the Asgardian one ??

Easy? Yep. One look is all it would take. Gladiator will be disintegrated.

olympian
Asgardian smacked Thor around for a living.

Gladiator for what i read its always confident. Its when he fights weaker beings who -somehow- survive his attacks( if they manage of course, its not something that happens automatic like " hes figthing Batman so hes done"wink that he loses confidence.

Guys at his level are below the Destroyer.

Betageuze
but its said , that Glady is in the same league .. as Thor, Juggernaut (Classic) or Hulk.... at least..

olympian
And he is.

Theyr below the Destroyer.

Sentry
Originally posted by olympian
And he is.

Theyr below the Destroyer.

Excatly. Destroyer was created to battle Celestials. He's at least Skyfather level when properly used.

Betageuze
but i know a comic... where Thing (yes... Ben Grimm) has beaten down the Asgardian Destroyer.... how this could be ???
.. remember .. Fantastic Four often fought Galactus

Sentry
Originally posted by Betageuze
but i know a comic... where Thing (yes... Ben Grimm) has beaten down the Asgardian Destroyer.... how this could be ???
.. remember .. Fantastic Four often fought Galactus

What comic? Probably PIS.

Betageuze
unfortunately i dont remember.. i only remember that Destroyer was laying down on the feet of Thing

yahman
Originally posted by Sentry
Excatly. Destroyer was created to battle Celestials. He's at least Skyfather level when properly used.

Except when he's fighting King Thor smile

Sentry
It also depends on the character who's spirit is controlling The Destroyer. King Thor is powerful. He is one of the most powerful Pantheon Gods there is.

yahman
Originally posted by Sentry
It also depends on the character who's spirit is controlling The Destroyer. King Thor is powerful. He is one of the most powerful Pantheon Gods there is.

Yesss think of all the other patheon leaders he fought. Like .... ummm I cant think of any.

No proof on this mate sorry. smile

manjaro
ther is a big mixconception about glads. he is always confident, his power his absolute. ppl think that he actually loses power when he is shaken but this is not the case, and by the same token its not "the more confident he gets the stronger he becomes" either. its just that he gets suprised every once in a while, but he doesnt crumble in these situations, just shaken for a sec.

KillAll
nothing will save gladiator in this confronation. the destroyer will do exactly what its name implies... destroy... gladiator.

leonidas
<<but i know a comic... where Thing (yes... Ben Grimm) has beaten down the Asgardian Destroyer....>>

no he didn't. and it wasn't PIS. destroyer was the herald of galactus and when ben was fighting him, g simply removed his power from the destroyer. ben never beat it, g just took away its life force so he could conduct some other business -- with the ff and the high evolutionary.

leonidas
oh -- the destroyer would beat gladiator badly.

leonheartmm
but destroyer was also imprisoned in an ice shield made by thor, {btw, i dont think destroyer's anywhere near celestial} and it also depends upon what spirit or power is inhibiting the destroyer, when it was odin, the destroyer was nearly impossible to be stopped.

leonidas
the spirit doesn't really matter -- the BODY of the destroyer was meant to withstand the celestials, and it took the combined blast of several celestials to actually destroy it. the destroyer did some damage (mostly superficial) to a couple of celestials, but you're right in that regard - it is not at celestial level. his disintegration beam DID breach their stronghold though. the spirit is there only to animate the body. in that regard, any spirit will do. (in an early thor a mortal doctor animated the destroyer and it worked over herc and thor TOGETHER -- it was only when a friend of the man trapped in the destroyer distracted the destroyer and caused the spirit to 'doubt' that thor was able to put the kibosh on it. incidentally, the destroyer was able to lift thor's hammer in that fight.)

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by yahman
Yesss think of all the other patheon leaders he fought. Like .... ummm I cant think of any.

No proof on this mate sorry. smile

Yahman dont be like that. Sentrys done nothing to you. Does this have anything to do with his past problems with Whirly? wink

Actually in marvel Odin and Zeus are always depicted as the most powerful skyfathers of the earths pantheons. Be it in comics or handbooks where they are used as a benchmark to show readers how other skyfathers compare power -wise.

The odin power is the combined power of Odin and his brothers, therefore Thor inheriting this power would make him automatically more powerful in terms of sheer power generatable. So yes Sentry was right.

yahman
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Yahman dont be like that. Sentrys done nothing to you. Does this have anything to do with his past problems with Whirly? wink

Actually in marvel Odin and Zeus are always depicted as the most powerful skyfathers of the earths pantheons. Be it in comics or handbooks where they are used as a benchmark to show readers how other skyfathers compare power -wise.

The Odin power is the combined power of Odin and his brothers, therefore Thor inheriting this power would make him automatically more powerful in terms of sheer power generatable. So yes Sentry was right.

No this has nothing to do with his past problems with Whirly.... I'm pointing out a relevant point. One cannot make presumptions such as 'He is one of the most powerful Pantheon Gods there is.' when there is no proof do suggest that he is. In fact there are various incidents that suggest otherwise.

De sack referred to Thor's blasts as being powerful .... yet he made it quite evident that he had gone up against more powerful opponents.

'The Odin power is the combined power of Odin and his brothers, therefore Thor inheriting this power would make him automatically more powerful in terms of sheer power generatable'

Also Thor has the power of Gaea, and on various occasions it has been stated that he has the potential to surpass both her and his father.

Yet it is a case of inexperience, in other words;

'just because you've got it.... doesn't mean you know how to use it'

This was demonstrated on various occasions, including the time he remade the moon. This should have been a feat well within his capabilities (seeing that his father has destroyed and remade entire planets on various occasions.) Yet this impressive feat taxed him to the limits.This clearly shows his inability to control his immense energy's.

I can assure you G.S. i TRY not to bring my personal feelings into debates, (and on this occasions it would have made no difference as i have no problem with Sentry.) smile I also suggest you consider the way you interact with other members.... b4 you offer up advice on how i should conduct myself.

We wouldn't want to shatter those glass windows, would we ?
smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.