If you could stop the death of Bruce's parents...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

systemshock2
Let's pretend that you're somehow in the alley the moment that Joe Chill is about to kill Bruce Wayne's parents, and you had an opportunity to prevent their deaths. Knowing what you know about Bruce becoming Batman later on due to their deaths, if you had the chance, would you still stop their deaths to prevent a child from having to experience such a horrible thing?

freezedoom
No way, because as you know
if we change the past we change the future.
So, if I stop his parents' death, he won't
be the superhero/millionaire we all know
and love.

NoFate007
Yes. Its my belief that people are born with certain instincts, and situations bring them out. Bruce always was this stern, cold individual, but he needed something as drastic as that to ignite it inside of him. Bruce would fight crime in a different way, perhaps becoming a district attorney or something, but I think he would still accomplish a lot. Perhaps he would've been able to think of a solution to better oversee Gotham's worst, and that way, the criminals he fights now wouldn't have existed in the first place.

willRules
Humans have a duty to look out for each other and help each other NO MATTER WHAT THE COST, so yes I would save Bruces parents. However I still believe that Bruce would have probably become Batman anyway............

eleveninches
Superman faced this dillemma recently in superman/batman, where he went back in time and bruce's parents were saved, but then he returned to find batman, but only found a spoiled rich daddies-boy living the good life without the abilities of batman

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by eleveninches
Superman faced this dillemma recently in superman/batman, where he went back in time and bruce's parents were saved, but then he returned to find batman, but only found a spoiled rich daddies-boy living the good life without the abilities of batman

Scary...

ash007
Originally posted by eleveninches

Indeed thats what defines Batman. His parents death changed him made him want to see justice. If they had not died he would had been another rich boy living the highlife.

Or can you imagine if only his dad was killed how would life be like?
i think he would have been a doctor

Batman Returns
joe chill sucked in BB. the parents death scene sucked. B89 death scene was much more gripping and effective. i'd rather protect them then the stupid boring parnts in BB.

Next Venom_girl
This could have been averted...
http://www.superdickery.com/dick/6.html
http://www.superdickery.com/dick/37.html

sevenman
yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.