Online Shooter RPG's

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hit_and_Miss
With Rainbow six Lockdown having an online RPG's element in it, I was wondering... What else could be done?

Could this be the start of a new bread of online RPG?

I know some games have experimented with this Idea, but not too many have brought it online.

What do you guys think?

snake_eyes616
Its an interesting concept. I hope they go in the right direction with the genre.

Hit_and_Miss
After getting the game I though about it....

I live in the uk. People in USA had the game about 1 day before me... In that time some people had reached lvl 23, out of 35 lvls.

Although there is a serious advantage to be gainned by being a higher lvl, low lvls can still kill higher lvls, (though head shots, or shooting them loads)

I'm not sure what to make of it yet... With games like halo 2 turnning people evil in the atemped to get higher ranks, (by evil I mean cheating/cheap play) what would having a lvl system do for a game?!

SaTsuJiN
check out planetside

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/planetside/index.html
http://planetside.station.sony.com/screenshots.jsp

its basically a FPS mmo

and no its not a new idea to have rpg elements in a first person..
Deus Ex was one of the first to bring that aspect into the genre

Hit_and_Miss
I know its not new to the genre... What I ment to say was It was new to the online genre of it...

Though I have seen games like counter strike have some RPG elements...

Zen2nd
ah yes there is a first person shooter coming out for Xbox 360 which is mmorpg, huxley or something like that. I only glazed over it

darth-yoda
yeah huxley looks good

Hit_and_Miss
how does it work?

Similar to deus ex???

Tha C-Master
I looooove rainbow six 3

Hit_and_Miss
have you got rainbow six lockdown?? if so Add me to your friends list! I'll give you a game!

Hit_and_Miss
bump

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.