at. the. drive. in.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

el_barto
Has any one heard of this band? They were great, to bad they broke up, would have been awesome to see them in concert.

Leo.M
never no

el_barto
Look them up, when they broke up the lead singer and the guitarist formed The Mars Volta (but both bands are like completely different)

Alpha Centauri
This gives absolutely new meaning to the term old news.

-AC

StinkFist462
laughing out loud

Wolf Dog
I am a.t.d.i

MildPossession
I adore At The Drive In, and Mars Volta are wonderful also. I also enjoy listening to Sparta too.

el_barto
Might as well let some of the n00bs know about a good band.

Alpha Centauri
You're in no position to call anyone noobs.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Alan Partauri

-AP

el_barto
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

-AC

I've been here longer than you.

Dr. Octagon
Originally posted by el_barto
I've been here longer than you.

so just cuz you've been here longer, that makes you know more about music? huh

el_barto
I never said I knew more, I thought he meant I was a n00b to the forum. Oh well I dont feel like getting into an arguement with him, I know when some one is smarter than me.

StinkFist462
what gives you the idea that he called you a noob?

Morgoths_Wrath
umm...yeah

at the drive in?

el_barto

-AC

I just thought it implied that he thinks that I'm a noob

Morgoths_Wrath
may I imply that no one gives a sh*t?

Morgoths_Wrath
At the Drive In is good stuff

Relationship of Command is the only album of theirs that I own, but it's great

el_barto
Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath
may I imply that no one gives a sh*t?

Aren't we a bundle of sunshine today.

el_barto
Whatever. Relationship of Command is probably my favorite of theirs, great album.

Morgoths_Wrath
I'm bitter

great band, too bad they broke up....i don't think sparta of mars volta are better than the original....but spartas better than mars volta imo.

Alpha Centauri
I used to vastly prefer AtD-I over The Mars Volta but it's changed slightly now.

-AC

Wolf Dog
I ****in love them both. Anyone pick up the System is Non-Operational. Really good compilation of tracks. Very different sound than Relationship of Command. 198d and Picket Fence Cartel are my faves but all the songs are awesome on it.

Alpha Centauri
I got it.

It seems a bit random though, more random than a compilation should be. They didn't pick the best songs at all and it seems like a vehicle just to get some unreleased stuff out there. Not bad though, I quite like it.

-AC

Wolf Dog
They should've added Catacombs to it. I don't think that that song was released on an album or LP of theirs. Should be considered an unreleased track unless I'm mistaken. Awesome song. Extracarricular is also one of thier best songs in my opinion that they should've added.

Alpha Centauri
Catacombs is on the UK Relationship of Command. Extracurricular is on the Japan Relationship of Command.

-AC

Wolf Dog
Catacombs is on the UK Relationship of Command. Extracurricular is on the Japan Relationship of Command.

-AC

Wow, I had no freakin idea they released it that way. Thanks for the info. Extracurricular is on the Sunshins Split CD for me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.