The Fog (2005)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SaTsuJiN
http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/thefog/site/

I guess its a remake.. and I believe I read carpentor's name as one of the people involved.. just hope they dont go overboard with the CG..

I liked the original quite a bit.. heres hopin..

MetalHeart
yet another remake...never as good as the original, sometimes owrth the $8 for the ticket

romper_stomper
the original isnt really a fave of mine,but it was okay had some good scares,i doubt this will come close to it,i think john carpenter just like most old directors has lost his way,i say bring back the days of halloween and assault on precinct 13

gls
arg..its rated pg-13
mad

MildPossession
It didn't need to be made.

Impediment
Another unnecessary remake. Need I mention Texas Chainsaw Massacre? What about The Amityville Horror? I didn't think so. I shant be seeing it...........sorry.

MildPossession
Oh I will be seeing it even though I complain, always see what I can in films.

Sisters is a remake I am looking forwards to though, especially with Asia Argento taking the part as the sisters! can't wait.

Wolfie
I don't think Carpenter has anything to do with it. Though I remember it was talked about in KMC that he was directing the remake.

MildPossession
Carpenter is one of the producers.

I am looking forwards to hear the score for The Fog though, by Graeme Revell, adore his music for films.

Cinemaddiction
The original "The Fog", in all honesty, wasn't that great. Adrienne Barbeau was annoying, Jamie Lee Curtis was mediocre, and it just wasn't that scary to me. Tom Welling is someone whom I'd like to see cast in more movies PERIOD. This is a good start.

Cringe
meeting between hollywood executives,

Executive-Lets make another horror movie

Executive 2-Yeah those seem to be popular

Executive 3-But what will we base the story on?Every ideas already been taken.

Executive 3-We could also rely on one of those twist endings in order to attract audiences!

Executive 1-Yeah the ones that make the previous hour and a half seem like a big waist of time!

Executive 1,2,&3-LETS DO IT!

*they stare into the sky pondering ideas

executive 2-Hey lets make it about killer fog.Because that doesnt sound stupid at all!

executive 1&3-YEAH!This could be the biggest waist of money yet!

Mandorallen
meeting between hollywood executives,

Executive 3-We could also rely on one of those twist endings in order to attract audiences!

Executive 1-Yeah the ones that make the previous hour and a half seem like a big waist of time!

executive 2-Hey lets make it about killer fog.Because that doesnt sound stupid at all!

executive 2- maybe, but It will take in more money than it will take to make

executive 1- but wait, isn't that a remake??

executive 2- ya, but trust me I KNOW what the world wants, and It's remakes.

executive 3- but i dont like this, Remakes are like wives, after veiwing them for a while, they tend to get boring.

executive 3- I agree, remakes aren't a very good idea......

executive 1- *whips out .45 and shoots other executives*

Cringe
laughing out loud

anybody feel free to add on

Wolfie
Seeing Tom Welling star in this just turned me off from seeing it.

Mandorallen

executive 2- maybe, but It will take in more money than it will take to make

executive 1- but wait, isn't that a remake??

executive 2- ya, but trust me I KNOW what the world wants, and It's remakes.

executive 3- but i dont like this, Remakes are like wives, after veiwing them for a while, they tend to get boring.

executive 3- I agree, remakes aren't a very good idea......

executive 1- *whips out .45 and shoots other executives*

executive 1- well, thank god i toom care of that, maybe now I can make more re-makes like........Full metal jacket, 12 angry men, one flew over the cuckoos nest, the shining, three amigos, pulp fiction...... Reservoir Do-

Mando- *Pulls out 9mm sub and pumps executive 1 full of lead*

b-dan
ya i saw a trailer to this flick two nits ago frankely i dont wanna seeit i hate it when they remake classics i hav to see the orignal first probly tho

MildPossession
I'm not a fan of the actor either, but I wouldn't be turned off a film by an actor or actress, I'd just cringe.

Cringe
Originally posted by MildPossession
I'd just cringe.

Was that a pun?

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by b-dan
ya i saw a trailer to this flick two nits ago frankely i dont wanna seeit i hate it when they remake classics i hav to see the orignal first probly tho

..if "The Fog" were a classic, I'd understand, but in all actuality, it's rather mediocre across the board.

BackFire
I agree.

Wolfie
Originally posted by MildPossession
I'm not a fan of the actor either, but I wouldn't be turned off a film by an actor or actress, I'd just cringe.
Some actors, I feel the same way. I saw Secret Window despite Johnny Depp.

For every horror fan in the theater, there will be ten Smallville fangirls. That's more the reason that I'm turned off.

Mandorallen
Originally posted by Wolfie
Some actors, I feel the same way. I saw Secret Window despite Johnny Depp.

i have only enjoyed depp in 2 movies.

1. BLOW, he was very good in it for some reason, I couldn't think of anyone else to fill in the hole.

2. POTC, only because he brought the character to life, and still had the "pirate" vibe.

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by Mandorallen
i have only enjoyed depp in 2 movies.

1. BLOW, he was very good in it for some reason, I couldn't think of anyone else to fill in the hole.

2. POTC, only because he brought the character to life, and still had the "pirate" vibe.

Man. How many Johnny Depp movies have you seen? 3? laughing out loud

Mandorallen
actually.......ya.

wait.......

ya....

no wait.........

1. Ed scissorhands
2. POTC
3. Blow
4. Sleepy hollow
5. a nightmare on elmstreet.

6. platoon, but he's not really a main character.

Cine, I'm gonna write a letter to the pentegon, you'r the only reason pawshops make money. big grin

Cinemaddiction
Christ. NOES? Platoon? He had a combined 5 minutes of screen time in those two. You need to see:

Donnie Brasco
Finding Neverland
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Once Upon a Time in Mexico
Ed Wood
What's Eating Gilbert Grape

Mandorallen
I got WEGG on Order.... I will see it eventually.

Depp is alright I guess, i watched Once upon a time in mexico, But, I was making out during most of it big grin.

Cringe
I actually had an idea about the fog being a supernatural horror creature a long time ago and even attempted to write an amatuer book on the subject.lol.it was crap.

But the bottomline is no matter how you try to spin it.Any movie that has fog for the terrorist is gonna suck.I mean who came up with fog for a horror villain?

papabeard
Its not the just the fog, the fog brings with it a crew of pirate ghosts seeking retribution

jayy
The original was good. I think the remake will be better. cool

Solo
Depp was great in Ed Wood.

This will probably suck, being PG-13 and all, but I'm just hoping that it'll be good.

Cringe
Well in my lame version of the concept I had an idea of opening the film/book with a little girl wondering outside to see why her dog is barking in the middle of the street.And suddenly when she gets on there she sees him be engulfed in the fog and suddenly dissapear.Then you see blood fall from about 2 feet of the ground on nothings there so you cant see where the bloods coming from.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.