Doctor Manhattan versus Solar, Man of the Atom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hoorayforpeepee
here you go, Whirly.

ImmortalOne
Doc Man is like Mollecule Man but with a cooler suit!!!!

50/50 !!!

long pig
Solar is like...um, god.

I don't see anyone short of abstracts even bothering him.

hoorayforpeepee
that's what they say about manhattan as well. the doc might as well be LT, he was never shown to have any limits in the issues.

ImmortalOne
Yep, any info on this Solar, hes new to ME !!

long pig
Originally posted by ImmortalOne
Yep, any info on this Solar, hes new to ME !!

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/s/solar2.jpg

hoorayforpeepee
you remember the end of the watchmen, long pig.

doc manhattan says (in response to his growing interest in humanity): yes...i think i'll create some.

and this is after blue baldie was caught walking on water...jesus de christo!

long pig
Yeah, actually, I was re-reading the watchmen TBP earlier today. It doesn't seem to get old.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by long pig
Yeah, actually, I was re-reading the watchmen TBP earlier today. It doesn't seem to get old.

None of Moores work but V gets old can't believe its becoming a film (bad call by the Warchowski brothers),

But -

Solar, Man of the Atom What would you desire, if nothing was beyond your grasp? If atoms and energy, the building blocks of reality, were yours to command, what more could you want? Such a man exists. A man of absolute power who wants what he cannot have: love, peace of mind, a simple life. In a world of men who covet power, he is god who wants to live as a man...

Doc M has done nothing on the Solar scale, he might be able to, I think he probably could after all they got their powers the same way and the powers are similair.

smile I go with Solar though

Juntai
Manhattan, I think.
He was rediculous.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Juntai
Manhattan, I think.
He was rediculous.

So is Solar Juntai, trust me on this

Juntai
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
So is Solar Juntai, trust me on this
So they are both nutzo power?
Is Solar omnicient as well? Manhattan knew all that was to happen or did happen.

Whirlysplatt
So they are both nutzo power?
Is Solar omnicient as well? Manhattan knew all that was to happen or did happen.

Solar created Universes, rewound time, brought people back to life, was one with the universe etc. It was his universe after all smile

Juntai
Solar created Universes, rewound time, brought people back to life, was one with the universe etc. It was his universe after all smile That's still just feats of power and seems nothing outside of Manhattan's abilities. I'm saying, Manhattan was omnicient before the end of Watchmen. He pretty much knew the past and the future and everything in between. At least as far as I remember anyways, I gotta rebuy that comic, I lost it in a fire, haven't read it in years. Is Solar the same?

GalacticStorm
Solar created Universes, rewound time, brought people back to life, was one with the universe etc. It was his universe after all smile

Shaping matter into a universe does not make you one with it Whirly. I could sculpt something out clay or my 5 year old sis could make a house out of lego but does that make either of us one with our work? Nope.

Whirlysplatt
That's still just feats of power and seems nothing outside of Manhattan's abilities. I'm saying, Manhattan was omnicient before the end of Watchmen. He pretty much knew the past and the future and everything in between. At least as far as I remember anyways, I gotta rebuy that comic, I lost it in a fire, haven't read it in years. Is Solar the same?

He could see timlines and predict probabilities accurately based on uncertainty principles, the only way precog could work, so yes, I guess he was.

Cameron Scott
It is really hard to decide since these guys can literally do anything.

One thing that sets them apart is one thing, Solar cannot create life. There was a story written by Jurgens where Solar needed to evolve a planet to create a duplicate society from Earth, saying something on the lines "I cannot create something from nothing." Dr Manhattan at the end of the Watchmen, while walking in the sun, was thinking of creating life himself, like he never had doubt of doing so.

Solar by far has better energy manipulation powers but Dr Manhattan matter manipulating powers put the Silver Surfer into shame. So I am going to lean towards Dr Manhattan here.

Juntai
Originally posted by Cameron Scott

One thing that sets them apart is one thing, Solar cannot create life. There was a story written by Jurgens where Solar needed to evolve a planet to create a duplicate society from Earth, saying something on the lines "I cannot create something from nothing." Dr Manhattan at the end of the Watchmen, while walking in the sun, was thinking of creating life himself, like he never had doubt of doing so.

Solar by far has better energy manipulation powers but Dr Manhattan matter manipulating powers put the Silver Surfer into shame. So I am going to lean towards Dr Manhattan here. great post

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Cameron Scott

Solar by far has better energy manipulation powers but Dr Manhattan matter manipulating powers put the Silver Surfer into shame. So I am going to lean towards Dr Manhattan here.

Manhatten never produced something from nothing either, howerver Cameron, Solar did create the Valiant Universe sooooooo.................

smile and everything in it - so Jurgens unusually for him = PIS

guy222
solar

Old Man Whirly!
Manhatten never produced something from nothing either, howerver Cameron, Solar did create the Valiant Universe sooooooo.................

smile and everything in it - so Jurgens unusually for him = PIS

Even now in hindsight?

You Sir, might be living in the past or is it the present or the future. And now long ago, I was posting that in 2021, I am putting my laptop aside and going to kiss my daughter. In the furture I will be getting up in the morning whilst my wife sleeps beside me. Dr Man.. I mean Whirly smile

Diesldude
That's still just feats of power and seems nothing outside of Manhattan's abilities. I'm saying, Manhattan was omnicient before the end of Watchmen. He pretty much knew the past and the future and everything in between. At least as far as I remember anyways, I gotta rebuy that comic, I lost it in a fire, haven't read it in years. Is Solar the same?

Juntai knows his shit.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Diesldude
Juntai knows his shit. it was an interesting thread from the past, given how explicitly powerful Manhattan has become, and yeah Junta does.

MrMind
it's funny cause both manhattan and solar have become explicitly much more powerful

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by MrMind
it's funny cause both manhattan and solar have become explicitly much more powerful Yes they have, now and again it's fun to go back to the days when we only really had physical comics, before demonoid, scans and people had actually been buy them to read and enjoy not get feats really for message boards and see what we all thought. I browesed some old Usenet posts from University way back in 87 a few years back... things have changed.

Juntai
Oh wow, 15 years ago!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.