Help((again))

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fianna
Well I had a similar problem before but I couldn't find my thread. I have Panda Titanium Anti virus on my laptop, and no I'm not allowed to get a different one. Anyway, for some reason it now won't scan my computer for viruses, I uninstalled and then re-installed it, but no luck..there seems to be something stopping it...does anyone have any idea of something I could do?

Clovie
telling your dad to let you have soemthing better is not an option? confused

Fianna
Nope..he is a firm believer in the Panda stick out tongue

Clovie
but it's crap confused

yerssot
right... well, lets see what the problem is:
You have Panda Titanium Anti virus.
What can you do? uninstall it.
problem solved wink

seriously, Panda is one of the WORSE anti virus programs that are out there, I would grade them even worse than McAfee.

To answer your real question:
it probably blocked itself as a potentional virus

Fianna
Bugger....I guess I could try backing up all my files, wiping the whole thing and then starting again...

Which one is better..just in case I can change it..?

Clovie
AVG happy

Lana
Uh, I've found AVG to be pretty crap, too....it's what I had when I got virus-ed and had to reformat.

I have Avast now and it works much better.

Clovie
what's avast?

Lana
http://www.download.com/Avast-Home-Edition/3000-2239_4-10375520.html?tag=lst-0-1

I haven't had any problems with it.

eggmayo
Originally posted by yerssot
To answer your real question:
it probably blocked itself as a potentional virus
Lol, Norton's did that.

The Ones
ive got microsoft antivirus. its great. it blocks any viruses coming before they reach my pc

eggmayo
Nortons does, generally. Reports Portscan's too. Just once or twice it randomly blocked itself, and blocked IE once.

BondJamesBond
same

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.