New Buddy List System

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Raz
I've updated the buddy list system so it can now hold many more users than before. It also means that I will be able to add a new messenger-like buddy list feature that will continuously be updated with your online buddies. More on this later.

For now, please begin entering your buddy usernames here: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/member2.php?action=viewbuddylist

Update:

Well the 'Buddy Assistant' is now live. Just click on the 'Buddy List' link at the top.

Please remember that it is currently in beta stage, so there may be some bugs needing squashed. If you do encounter problems, please post them here for me to investigate.

Enjoy!

T.M
OK thanks smile

snehin
thanks

Maverick2364
Very nicecool

Clovie
blink

i had there just three ppl stick out tongue added to new thing happy

but i don't follow dunce

Lana
Does that mean messenger is coming soon? eek!

*starts readding people*

Raz
Originally posted by Lana
Does that mean messenger is coming soon? eek!

*starts readding people* I'm not going to commit to anything, but the messenger window will be here at least.

X-Menfan87
Originally posted by Raz
I've updated the buddy list system so it can now hold many more users than before. It also means that I will be able to add a new messenger-like buddy list feature that will continuously be updated with your online buddies. More on this later.

For now, please begin entering your buddy usernames here: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/member2.php?action=viewbuddylist
Oh,so thats whats going. doh

JKozzy
So what was there is lost forever now?

lemonsquirtz
Originally posted by Raz

ohhhhhh

Raz
Well the 'Buddy Assistant' is now live. Just click on the 'Buddy List' link at the top.

Please remember that it is currently in beta stage, so there may be some bugs needing squashed. If you do encounter problems, please post them here for me to investigate.

Enjoy!

JKozzy
Raz> after about five minutes, it refreshed and I got an error like Oops! There was an error processing your request. I hit okay, and it said it logged me out and that I was offline. Might be an isolated incident, not sure. It refreshed a few times successfully before doing that.

BakaXero
With the new feature. i keep getting "Please first log-in to use this feature." or it says you logged out
it worked once and then logged me out a minute later...

fantasygirl
I don't really need any help, except I still don't get this new system of the buddy list. embarrasment

Captain REX
Yikes, now I have to re-ad everyone. messed

Clovie
I don't understnad the assistant thingie confused

and i accidentally opened it like 4 times for a start..coz i wanted to open cp bag

Jury
sad More hands on

Lana
Originally posted by Captain REX

Same, and I can't remember exactly who I had on my list....messed

Does it still have that limit that it did before?

T.M
Originally posted by Raz
I've updated the buddy list system so it can now hold many more users than before.

smile

Raz
Originally posted by JKozzy
Raz> after about five minutes, it refreshed and I got an error like Oops! There was an error processing your request. I hit okay, and it said it logged me out and that I was offline. Might be an isolated incident, not sure. It refreshed a few times successfully before doing that. Originally posted by BakaXero
With the new feature. i keep getting "Please first log-in to use this feature." or it says you logged out
it worked once and then logged me out a minute later... Make sure you don't log out while you have the assistant open. You should be able to remain inactive on the forums and still keep the assistant going, including notifications about new PMs.Originally posted by Lana
Same, and I can't remember exactly who I had on my list....messed

Does it still have that limit that it did before? Nope, although it does have a hard limit of 50, which is more than before.

Also for people who haven't tried it yet, please load the new assistant and let me know of any problems.

Clovie
confused i don't get this thing..
i mean what is the purpouse of it? that you know if you have new PMs without reloading page? or what?
when i click on a name it wants to send a PM confused cry

Raz
Its meant for use while not specifically using the forums. A way to keep track of friends and PMs while not browsing the boards.

Clovie
so it will still working when i don't have it open? blink

Paola
very cool Raz!! big grin

I love it! happy

will it show your status 'online' when you have this buddy thing opened?

Raz
Originally posted by Paola
will it show your status 'online' when you have this buddy thing opened? Yup. It's so that other people with the buddy thing know you're online and able to read messages.

Also keep in mind that if you've set yourself to invisible, other people won't be able to know you're online or not.

BENITO
So I can hide like a ninja

fantasygirl
Originally posted by Clovie
confused i don't get this thing..
i mean what is the purpouse of it? that you know if you have new PMs without reloading page? or what?
when i click on a name it wants to send a PM confused cry Same here. I still don't understand the reason for this whole new buddy list system. embarrasment

Raz
It's for convenience and a base for future features.

silver_tears
Originally posted by Captain REX

I don't even remember who was on mine cry

BakaXero
im already used to this feature.
although im having trouble remembering my buddy list

Clovie
Originally posted by Raz
It's for convenience and a base for future features. what future features? confused

and really can't you do something with showing of unread PMs? weep

Syren
Excellent Raz, but I have to recall all my buddies now... I'll get my ass beaten if I forget anyone laughing out loud

Syren
Question, are we supposed to be able to use the Buddy Assistant when we're not actually on KMC? And how? big grin

Raz
Originally posted by Syren
Question, are we supposed to be able to use the Buddy Assistant when we're not actually on KMC? And how? big grin Yup, just keep it open (without logging out) and it'll do its stuff.

Clovie
ok...I gotta agree..that this thingie is kinda comfortable.

but there are some things that are not the way i'd like them to be
1. can't there be some authorisation with buddy list? like you can choose who is seeing if you're online or not?
2. PMs. there is that secong window inside it..and when it;s turned on it's not refreshing itself confused so it maybe showing something as a unread, even though it was read already
3. still PMs. can't it be showing the unread ones, without limit.. no matter if it is 10 or 11..all unread ones would be showed there?

confused

Raz
Originally posted by Clovie
1. can't there be some authorisation with buddy list? like you can choose who is seeing if you're online or not?

Actually, that is quite a good idea. I'll try to come up with something.

Clovie
First time my idea was approved blink

Syren
Originally posted by Raz
Yup, just keep it open (without logging out) and it'll do its stuff.

Ooh, that simple big grin

So in order to use the Buddy Assistant we will have to log into KMC first... we can't just open it like a messenger window?

Raz
Originally posted by Syren
So in order to use the Buddy Assistant we will have to log into KMC first... we can't just open it like a messenger window? You have to be authenticated on the forums in order for it to work, otherwise how would it know who you are? wink

Raz
For all those missing their old lists, you can view it here, and optionally add them to your new list.

T.M
thats cool yes

Syren
Originally posted by Raz
You have to be authenticated on the forums in order for it to work, otherwise how would it know who you are? wink

embarrasment

Silly me tongue12

Lana
Originally posted by Raz
For all those missing their old lists, you can view it here, and optionally add them to your new list.

Yes big grin

Syren
clapping

Syren
Hey, quick point, the Buddy Assistant won't open for me when I have my options set to NOT automatically log me in on returning to the site.

It simply flashes up, and then says;

You are now offline

Do I need to set my options to automatically log me in?

Raz
Yup, thats right. I've added a check before the assistant begins now.

Syren
But Raz, I don't want to be automatically logged in erm But I would like to use the buddy assistant rather than having to go to my usercp every time I want to check who's online...

Raz
Could you not just log out on every session? Its what I do.

Syren
Yeah, but then when I come back my name is always in the box and my password comes up on its own.. or is that something different? I chose to not be automatically logged into KMC yesterday, and I also changed the 'remember password' settings on my browser so that it doesn't remember them...

I'm so confused... what do I need to do in order to have my buddy assistant available, but also to keep my privacy by not being logged in automatically?

Raz
The password is automatically filled in by your browser, never by KMC.

So, if you don't want your browser to remember your password, then switch the option "Tools->Options->Privacy->Saved Passwords->Remember Passwords" to off. (assuming you're using Firefox)

And in your KMC options, select the "Automatically remember me" option to yes. And when you are done here, just log off.

Syren
eek! And KMC won't log me in upon my return?

Clovie
okay...in the buddy assistant window the main page oppened blink i don't know what did i do.

Mr Parker
I got a question,how does it work now? Before you could just click on the buddy list link and it would display all the posters you had on your list and you could send a pm message to them,now all it does is show the members but from what i can tell there is no way to send them a pm message just by clicking there name like you used to be able to.Now I have to type out there name to send a pm.Am I doing something wrong,surely I must? I also dont understand what that buddy assistant link is for? confused

Raz
Nothing has changed with the assistant, so you should still be able to send them a PM via a click.

Mr Parker
Okay I just checked it again.I see what the problem was.I needed to hit the buddy assistant link to be able to click on their user name to send a pm instead of just buddy list link.I now see what the problem was.thanks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.