Street Tourney: Fight #2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DigiMark007

Sentry
Here are my stats...

Originally posted by Sentry
Thunderstar

Height: 6 ft. 2 in.
Weight: 220 lbs.
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Red

Strength Level: Thunderstar possesses superhuman strength and can lift (press) 15 tons.

Known Superhuman Powers: The Unicorn is superhumanly strong and his body's soft tissues are dozens of times tougher than normal. His body can repel .50 caliber machine gun fire, withstand open flame to 900 degrees Fahrenheit. Thunderstar also possessed the superhuman ability to move and run at speeds greater than those a normal human being could achieve. Although he was not as fast as the mutant Quicksilver, Thunderstar could still attain speeds of up to 85 miles per hour.

Abilities: His mutant abilities add to his already tough and super fast body by adding speed, agility, endurance, reflexes, and senses, personal regeneration, he also has the mutant ability to convert sonic frequencies into a vibratory shock wave that he channels through his weapons. Thunderstar has been trained in hand-to-hand combat, is proficient with numerous types of weaponry, and is skilled in the arts of espionage. Thunderstar has also had extensive training in many forms of the martial arts of Mojoworld; in particular, he is a master swordsman, and an excellent marksman and is proficient in throwing daggers, shurikens and throwing blades

Weapons: In addition to his body armor composed of alien materials from Mojoworld and principal weapons are two 2 1/2-foot single-edged swords with spiked hand guards, throwing daggers, shurikens and throwing blades. Thunderstar wears headgear equipped with an energy projector that tunes to various frequency and power levels including infrared and ultraviolet lasers, microwaves, laser-path guided electron and neutron beams. The e-beam and n-beam have tremendous concussive power (on the order of 50 pounds of TNT at effective ranges of 75 feet). The power supply is a flat array of nuclear powered thermoelectric cells in Unicorn's belt which turn out about 1.2 kilowatts.

Scoobless
no actual fighting?

Sentry
Okay, first off, I'm looking at one ugly motherf#$ker(that would be Dizzle's amaglam) and I start off running to the edge of the platform, to the Emperor's left, and I stop 10 feet away from him.

Simultaneously, I blast the ground underneath him, causing the concussive force of the blast to knock him up in the air. Using my powerful legs, I leap up into the air and use my sonic/slightly magical blades draw an X type of slash through his body...

Dizzle's probably only winded from that attack. If he tries to counter with this crap:

To recover from the ass kicking's he's already taken, I will use energy guided laser beams to find him in that mess. I may not be able to see him though normal means and Infravision or whatever he calls it, but his body probably gives off a slight energy signature and frequencies which my headgear can detect, and the lasers will find you. You may be protected by heat and fire due to this enchantment :

but the concussive force of my those laser blasts are more than likely powerful enough to kill you.

Do you understand? Do I need to spell it out in crayon for you?

Fo Shizzle Dizzle!!! thumb down

Dizzle
Battle starts, on my end, with a volley of optic blasts. My greater speed allows me to keep the distance between us on the plateau, all but neutralizing your own energy blasts. And yes, I mean greater speed... Leto runs fast enough on sand that his feet begin to burn. His skin also withstood a flamethrower for a second or two. Plus I have the bracers of speed, which just amp it up farther. (oh ya, and precog lets me know that you HAVE those little blasts...)

If it gets into the mountain passes, NO ONE does stealth like Drizzt Do'Urden. You'll just end up suddenly inside a globe of impenetrable darkness, then hacked up by magic scimitars or blown to bits by optic blasts from close range.

Oh, and the only qualm I have about any of the equipment is Unicorn's rocket pack... Cuz it lets him fly. I was just assuming it was banned, but no one's mentioned it yet, so I will before Sentry tries to.

Sentry
If he tries to counter with speed, Thunderstar will also counter with speed, and seeing both of us are fast, it's only logical to attack Dizzle's legs so he can't run any anymore.

As he tries to blast me with his optic blasts, I simply dodge them using my superior agility and malleable but tough body, and I counter with 6 well placed Shurikens all with the exception of one or two hit it's target.

One to his left thigh, two to his knees, and one seems to have hit that shiny bracer thing on his foot. My Amaglam seems to have noticed his speed to have severely diminished. Thunderstar thinks to himself, did I really hurt him? He then looks at the Emperor fiddling around with that shiny bracer thing that was broken due to a well placed Shuriken.

Thunderstar attacks again at near blinding speed effortlessly dodging the Emperor's optic blasts, and as the Emperor tries to run, Thunderstar notices his speed has gone down quite a bit, and capitalizes on the situation, impaling the Emperor not through the Mithril armor, but through the crevices of the armor, impaling him under the armpit with both of his blades lifting the Emperor's body into the air...

As the Emperor screams in pain, Thunderstar targets the Emperor's head with an electron beam, thus blowing the Emperor's head to kingdom come...

trumpet

Emperor loser... rip

I'm going to church now, I'll be back in a few hours... Take advantage of this now Dizzle, because when I comeback, it'll be post after post after post.

Dizzle
Okay, first off, I'm looking at one ugly motherf#$ker(that would be Dizzle's amaglam) and I start off running to the edge of the platform, to the Emperor's left, and I stop 10 feet away from him.

Simultaneously, I blast the ground underneath him, causing the concussive force of the blast to knock him up in the air. Using my powerful legs, I leap up into the air and use my sonic/slightly magical blades draw an X type of slash through his body...

To recover from the ass kicking's he's already taken, I will use energy guided laser beams to find him in that mess. I may not be able to see him though normal means and Infravision or whatever he calls it, but his body probably gives off a slight energy signature and frequencies which my headgear can detect, and the lasers will find you. You may be protected by heat and fire due to this enchantment :

but the concussive force of my those laser blasts are more than likely powerful enough to kill you.

That whole strategy hinges on the fact that I am both much slower than you, and much more inanimate than you. Run within 10 feet, blast, jump, and slash before the guy with precog even moves. Right. Shaiclops is plenty faster than a measly 85 mph. You're getting blown off the side of a cliff or hacked to pieces somewhere in the Alps.

I won't be using globes of darkness unless we get close combat style... At which point I'd beat the crap out of you anyway, but anything to make it just a bit easier, eh?

As to your lasers... "effective ranges of 75 feet". That's a quarter of the distance we start from each other. A distance that I can easily keep if you decide to stay out in the open.

Scoobless
question: when using these "globes of darkness".... i take it both characters are blinded, not just Sentry's...... is that right?

Dizzle
If he tries to counter with speed, Thunderstar will also counter with speed, and seeing both of us are fast, it's only logical to attack Dizzle's legs so he can't run any anymore.

As he tries to blast me with his optic blasts, I simply dodge them using my superior agility and malleable but tough body, and I counter with 6 well placed Shurikens all with the exception of one or two hit it's target.

One to his left thigh, two to his knees, and one seems to have hit that shiny bracer thing on his foot. My Amaglam seems to have noticed his speed to have severely diminished. Thunderstar thinks to himself, did I really hurt him? He then looks at the Emperor fiddling around with that shiny bracer thing that was broken due to a well placed Shuriken.

Thunderstar attacks again at near blinding speed effortlessly dodging the Emperor's optic blasts, and as the Emperor tries to run, Thunderstar notices his speed has gone down quite a bit, and capitalizes on the situation, impaling the Emperor not through the Mithril armor, but through the crevices of the armor, impaling him under the armpit with both of his blades lifting the Emperor's body into the air...

As the Emperor screams in pain, Thunderstar targets the Emperor's head with an electron beam, thus blowing the Emperor's head to kingdom come...

trumpet

Emperor loser... rip

I'm going to church now, I'll be back in a few hours... Take advantage of this now Dizzle, because when I comeback, it'll be post after post after post.

You have speed, I have better speed. Do you know how much heat friction Leto created when he tried a full blown sprint? The normal human sprint was a faint flexing of muscles to him. When he tries, he burns skin that withstood direct flames. Thunderstar is nowhere near as fast as Shaiclops.

Shurikens? Now, even if my speed is comparable to yours (which it isn't... Mine's much greater) and you can dodge wide angle optic blasts from someone as skilled as Shaiclops, how hard is it to dodge a few shurikens? Shaiclops isn't just standing there, he's running circles around you. You seem to forget the swords as well. They're good for blocking stuff. Like shurikens. Or other little metal projectiles you decide to break out here.

Or are you seriously suggesting that Thunderstar has enough skill to hit a small band of metal on legs moving a hundred+ mph, from, at the least, 50 yards, and still not have them blocked by a blademaster in a city of blademasters? If you had Longshot, maybe you would. MAYBE. It's a one in a billion chance you're going for Sentry. I already know about all of your powers beforehand, I'm not gonna try to close the gap when I have such a big range and speed advantage, your lasers don't do much unless you're within 75 feet.

My strategy still stands as the MUCH more probable... Shaiclops, using greater speed, stays away out of your blast radius. (the plateau is big enough for me to do this pretty easily) In the meantime, I use wide angled optic blasts to push you towards the cliff. Once you hit the edge, I crank the blast up as high as this tournament will allow and blow you down a couple thousand feet to your death. Cyke by himself has extremely good aim. You'll get tagged plenty of times to either get blown off the edge or just die from repeated blasting.

And yes, posting random and nearly impossible ways for you to win seems to be your best (and only) strategy here... I'd stick to that if I were you. Maybe you'll get pity votes. big grin Be careful though, too many essays just gets to be a pain eventually.

Thundersomething velho The God Emperor
(This is saying "You can try to beat me, but you'll just end up messily devoured." Just in case you were wondering.)

stormfront13
Originally posted by Scoobless
question: when using these "globes of darkness".... i take it both characters are blinded, not just Sentry's...... is that right?

I am wondering this also

Dizzle

If both of them are inside it, they are. They're not massively huge though, it's got maybe a 10 foot radius. Drizzt fights in the dark a LOT though. It's one of his favorite tactics, he fights almost as well without vision as he does with it. And once again, he can see heat as well as light. (infravision) neither type of vision gets through the darkness.

Scoobless
can they move? or are they set in place? (the globe thingies i mean)

Dizzle
can they move? or are they set in place? (the globe thingies i mean)

Each one is set, but Shaiclops conjures them with a thought. So Sentry's little kid could jump out of the first, and find himself already in another. (this is where precog comes in handy, btw)

Sentry
Originally posted by Dizzle
Each one is set, but Shaiclops conjures them with a thought. So Sentry's little kid could jump out of the first, and find himself already in another. (this is where precog comes in handy, btw)

If both of them are inside it, they are. They're not massively huge though, it's got maybe a 10 foot radius. Drizzt fights in the dark a LOT though. It's one of his favorite tactics, he fights almost as well without vision as he does with it. And once again, he can see heat as well as light. (infravision) neither type of vision gets through the darkness.

Like I said, my headgear detects energy frequencies, and magic seems to give of a certain kind of frequency even if it's the slightest amount of energy, my E-beams will target you thus wiping your amaglam off the face of the earth.

The whole assumption on who's faster is up in the air. But I have a documented speed of 85 MPH, which is pretty decent, add to the fact Shatterstar is nimble and agile, I'm pretty sure I'm more than match for Emperor Loser.

How can you conjure them if your to much in pain from the senseless beatings, slashings, and concussive force blasts I've already laid onto you in the beginning?

By the way, does your amaglam have a healing factor of some kind?

Sentry
Like I said, who's faster is up in the air. Don't forget, my character is no ordinary human/weakling like yours, and my speed mixed in with super strength, and nimble and agile quickness equals a dead Emperor...

Oh, my speed is definitely comparable to yours, if yours was much faster, then you'd be over the limit and thus breaking tournament rules, and I win via that way. big grin

Now seriously, Shiaclops might have good aim and all, but like I said before Speed + Quickenss + Agility = Dodging nearly everything you throw at me. Even if you nip me, my suit is made out of Mojoworld materials, add that to my tough 50 caliber resistant bullet proof skin and personal regeneration, it ain't hurting me that much.

Optic blasts seem to be your only long range weapon in this fight. I could very well stay as far away as possible, toss hundreds of shurikiens at you, and continually track your body movements which give out the slightest amounts of energy frequency, and blast you back through time before Snoop Dogg even thought of the word Dizzle.

Do you understand?

Your done son...

Nataku8188
It's like having two amalgams with only slight differences fighting.

I find both to be in the same speed zone.
Sentry has a slight strength and fighting skill advantage
Dizzle has a versatility and agility advantage

Really a tough call here.

Scoobless
i'm leaning towards one over the other.... but can still be swayed

let's see some pics though big grin

Sentry
Yes I seem to have enough skill. All of the characters in my amaglam have some sort of military/hand to hand combat training/martial arts training. Thunderbolt is an ex-Marine, Unicorn was an ex-Intelliegence agent, and Shatterstar was trained in various types of Mojo world type martial arts and is also a master swordsman...

Shatterstar carried various throwing blades and Shurikens which usually hit their target, and moving at that speed will not effect my aim, since my amaglam does have quite a bit of reaction time, so hitting my targets won't be a problem.

Ahhhh yes.... The Emperor is a blade-master... You may block the Shurikens, but you won't block my E-beams. They have a pretty powerful concussive force blast, and if it does hit your sword, you with all your 5 ton strength won't be able to hold onto it. Even if one of your swords drop I'll capitalize on that by using my blinding speed to get up close and personal with you and chop me up some Emperor... Or once I'm up close and personal with you, my headgear will target your ruby visor which gives off a slight energy signature even when not in use, and blast your head off with an E-beam. Either way, it's game over for the Emperor.

Dancing on your grave!!!

band

dance

Emperor Loser rip

Sentry
How do you know you have greater speed than I do? Like I said it's debatable. Your word against my word... Although mine has a documented speed of 85MPH...

My E-Beams could probably counter your optic blasts, and if they do collide(our optic and E-beam blast), that could very well cause a concussive force blasts so powerful it could very well knock us both off to our dooms. Actually just your doom, because I have my suit of Mojo World Materials, Bullet Proof skin, and a healing factor that will probably save my life. While you turn into a pancake on the rocks down below...

Sentry
I don't need my eyes while I'm in there. Your ruby visor and Cyclops's powers are all that I need. Your visor, even when not in use, is still giving off slight energy frequencies, just enough for my laser to find you and blast you back to the Forgotten Realms dream land which you so desire to be in.

DigiMark007
Just a point of clarification...

I would assume that the (running) speed is rather neglgible, because one has 85Mph for sure, and another has a guy who is 5-10 Ton Strength (Leto) and has also been known to go fast. Agility and reflex time (as well as any other tactics) might be very different, but both have relatively strong and fast guys, so that if they squared off in a foot race it would be rather close...that's my estimation of the situation at least.

But good fight, both of you...I knew this would be one of the better ones.

Khellendros
I'm having the same dilemna as Nataku here, though I don't see the speeds being as close as everyone else seems to. That might be the only thing that makes a difference, since they are basically stalemated in all the other areas. I think I'll wait a while longer to vote though, I'm diggin the arguments.

Sentry
Was this guy bare footed when he was running through the sand? If he was, then that would explain the burning sensation.

Stealth? How can you stealth yourself from me when your ruby visor oozes out trace amounts of energy that my headgear can track? Your ruby visor and optic energy only serves as a bullseye for me.

Your gonna engage me in close quarter combat? Let's see you try! My Amaglam is also a Master Swordsman, has nigh hard skin, and tough Mojo World body armor. Add my speed and agility to that, along with the fighting experiences from all 3 of my amaglams, and you've got yourself one sorry dead dune elf.

Laminator_X
Question for the competators: Which is the primary mind in each of your amalgams? I'm trying to evaluate to whom I should give the edge in tactical execution. I'm impressed by your ideas, but am unsure as to wich of these cats could better pull off what you're attempting.

Sentry
Shatterstar is the main mind in control of my amaglam, but don't we have all the relative knowledge and experiences of all our characters?

Sentry
Shatterstar has tons of combat experience due to the tons of arena battles he had on Mojo World. Add that to the fact he served under Cable during his time with X-force who lead the team with a militaristic type of authority, and Milos Masaryk and Thunderbolt also served with military forces, it's safe to say, my character will have a militaristic type of execution and tactical advantage.

Khellendros
Shatterstar is the main mind in control of my amaglam, but don't we have all the relative knowledge and experiences of all our characters?
Yes, but the mind in charge is the one that chooses tactics, decided whether to go for the kill or just disablement, etc.

Sentry
Originally posted by Khellendros
Yes, but the mind in charge is the one that chooses tactics, decided whether to go for the kill or just disablement, etc.

Shatterstar will most likely go for the kill.

Nataku8188
Edit: Wrong thread XD

K Von Doom
I think Dizzle might be saying that while you're inside the black globe you can't "see out", no matter how much light is emitted from the visor, unless you jump out of the globe. From what I understand anyway, I don't know.

Sentry
So you've got your scimitars, and a globe of darkness spell, and optic blasts similar to mine. Hmmmm... Were kinda the same, only I have a bit of a strength advantage and fighting experience, and you may have slightly better agility(most likely the same), you have no other ways of beating me. I've got you tied in the close quarter combat, then again I have quite a bit of fighting experience on you, then our speed according to Digi is quite similar, but and you have that nifty ruby visor for your optic blast... Again a bullseye for me since it gives trace amounts of energy off no matter what which my headgear can track and you can't turn it off no matter what... I also have throwing blades and shurikens which I can also toss at you with little or no effort, and hit my target 7 maybe 8 times out of 10.

I'm sorry Dizzle... It's been real... But I think you know your outmatched here... Don't worry you did a good job. thumb up

Sentry
Originally posted by K Von Doom
I think Dizzle might be saying that while you're inside the black globe you can't "see out", no matter how much light is emitted from the visor, unless you jump out of the globe. From what I understand anyway, I don't know.

Doesn't matter. My laser guided E-beams will lock on to the energy signatures and frequencies on Emperor's visor, thus removing his head and pretty much his upper torso off his body.

K Von Doom
Doesn't matter. My laser guided E-beams will lock on to the energy signatures and frequencies on Emperor's visor, thus removing his head and pretty much his upper torso off his body.

Okay, I'm not debating for Dizzle, Sentry, I'm just asking questions k. :-)

Isn't "laser" based on light? While in the globe = no light = it won't work.

zachrivard
my vote goes to sentry
sentry has a better arguement and better fire power

Khellendros
My vote is for Dizzle. In all other categories combined they stalemate, but I really do see Dizzle as being the much faster one.

DigiMark007
There seems to be a lot of confusion about the globe of darkness. I know a thing or two about Drizzt so let me try to dispel the questions. (Please note: not taking sides here, just trying to clarify).

1. Yes, it's darkness. Drow elves can switch to the infrared spectrum to see in darkness (including the globes presumably), so at least certain energy signatures can be perceived through it.
2. Drizzt can place globes at will, and I actually thought he could 'attach' it to a person or object so the globe followed them around...but either way he could keep his enemy in darkness almost the whole time because there's not really a limit to how many he can create.
3. The laser, being light, might not give off light in the globe, but the globe wouldn't suck it into nothingness...it has never displayed such ability, and so we can't assume that a laser wouldn't work inside a globe.
4. The above comments would seem to slightly favor Sentry being able to pick up energy signatures, but his actual vision would be impeded severely, so both participants have certain valid points regarding the strategic purpose and worth of the globes.

Hope that helps.

-DM

Dizzle
SKILL: Drizzt is really a blademaster among blademasters. The drow in Menzoberranzan live somewhere between 500 and 600 years. It's a warrior city, the ones who specialize in blades use them every day for all 500 of those years. Drizzt has engaged several seasoned drow at a time before. He is pretty much accepted as the best swordsman of them, by far. Leto was brought up a soldier. Trained by Fremen, who in Dune, are the best soldiers there are. Cuz they beat the crap out of Sardukar. He is also very intelligent because A: He was consciously thinking before birth, due to the spice. and B: Herbert incorporated human evolution into Dune. Everyone is faster, smarter, stronger and overall better than pretty much anyone on our world today. Leto is smart, even for them. (hey, he is the God Emperor...) Cyclops beat Wovlerine h2h, and was an original member of the X Men. He has PLENTY of experience.

SPEED: The burning Leto felt on his feet is significant because his skin, a couple pages later, withstood a flamethrower. I dunno about you, but even running barfoot, I can't create a whole lot of heat just by running. (they'll hurt from stepping on stuff, but that's beside the point) Leto creates more heat than fire. That's a LOT of friction. Furthermore, Leto's first attempt at walking after taking the skin sent him sprawling 10 meters forward. Before mastering walking, he crawled. It says "With only a few swimming motions, he traversed 50 meters of sand". That's a couple of seconds, tops. Crawling. His normal (human) full out sprint took "the lightest flexing of muscles". When he puts effort into running, he burns his feet. Plus you can't just chase me, cuz you're constantly getting pushed towards the edge of a cliff by concussive blasts. (you have to be within 25 yards for yours to work)

Dizzle
Originally posted by DigiMark007
There seems to be a lot of confusion about the globe of darkness. I know a thing or two about Drizzt so let me try to dispel the questions. (Please note: not taking sides here, just trying to clarify).

1. Yes, it's darkness. Drow elves can switch to the infrared spectrum to see in darkness (including the globes presumably), so at least certain energy signatures can be perceived through it.
2. Drizzt can place globes at will, and I actually thought he could 'attach' it to a person or object so the globe followed them around...but either way he could keep his enemy in darkness almost the whole time because there's not really a limit to how many he can create.
3. The laser, being light, might not give off light in the globe, but the globe wouldn't suck it into nothingness...it has never displayed such ability, and so we can't assume that a laser wouldn't work inside a globe.
4. The above comments would seem to slightly favor Sentry being able to pick up energy signatures, but his actual vision would be impeded severely, so both participants have certain valid points regarding the strategic purpose and worth of the globes.

Hope that helps.

-DM

One minor thing, infravision is blocked by the globes. Sentry's sensors won't be seeing through them, but stuff like energy rays should work just fine.

Dizzle
Ok, back to my advantages.

STRENGTH: While you posess a slight advantage here, Leto's actually closer to the 10 mark. His vertical leap is just as good as Spiderman's. (15 meters) He has smashed through a stone water containment thing (quanat) and then proceeded to kill several Fremen who tried to stop him with his bare hands. A Fremen guide tried to kill Leto by summoning a worm. Leto jumps at the guy, grabs his neck, and snaps it with one hand, before the guy can really react. You may have a little advantage, but nothing that superior speed and skill won't compensate for.

DURABILITY: Shurikens and knives won't do anything to me. Drizzt's chainmail was made by a master dwarven smith. Highest quality, very little weight. Mithril rules. Leto has also taken several thrown knives from close range. And a flamethrower. You can hit me with 7, or 8, or 20. They'll bounce off. The only thing that's vulnerable is the visor and the bracers. You have not the skill or speed to hit either. If you did, you'd be majorly breaking rules.

Dizzle
Oops, quote instead of edit. I only added this to "SKILL"

"Also if it comes down to a swordfight, only one of your guys even has experience with swords. And he is no match for Drizzt Do'Urden. You may have a slight advantage in army tactics, but this isn't the army, now is it?"

To wrap up the essay session, my main mind is Leto. He kills anything and everyone who gets in the way of the Golden Path. He is simply above the likes of you puny "humans". (sarcasm, btw. Look it up, along with "subtlety" when trying to make fun of my name)

Oh, and if you're gonna go for the title thing, try not to name yourself after a schizo. Just some advice. (Sentry... These ARE the voices in your head. We want your soul! Ooooooooh ghost2)

Scoobless
not voting yet, but i want to put something in here

you're both making arguments over running speed, Sentry's guy runs about 85mph Dizzle's apparetnly causes so much heat when he runs he has to be going around 300mph... which is well beyond the limit... in fact Sentry's foot speed pretty much IS the limit... so that point is invalid

other than that i'm not sure what either of your reaction speeds are like (since you both keep talking about running)

Dizzle
not voting yet, but i want to put something in here

you're both making arguments over running speed, Sentry's guy runs about 85mph Dizzle's apparetnly causes so much heat when he runs he has to be going around 300mph... which is well beyond the limit... in fact Sentry's foot speed pretty much IS the limit... so that point is invalid

other than that i'm not sure what either of your reaction speeds are like (since you both keep talking about running)

What IS the exact limit on running speed? I didn't mean to suggest 300 mph, I was thinking more along the lines of 120 or so. But 85 isn't the limit... Sentry's OLD character boasted speeds of 100mph. Even that is a pretty significant difference, or at least a difference big enough that I can keep a good gap in between us, and neutralize his comparatively short ranged lasers.

Scoobless
well i meant pretty much the limit... it'll be around 100mph or so.... so any difference would only be slight

Sentry
well i meant pretty much the limit... it'll be around 100mph or so.... so any difference would only be slight

Exactly

Laminator_X
(I may regret this, as I think my amalgam would fare better against Thunderstar)

I'm leaning towards voting voting for Shaiclops.

I think Cyclops is better than Unicorn in the long game, even though Unicorn's got the more versatile attack. Cyclops has range and is far more skilled.

Shatterstar's crazy good, probably as good as Drzzt, but I think Leto's Fremen-Evolution-crossed-with-Bene-Gesserit-Eugenics reflexes put him over the top in the close game.

Thunderstar's hope might be power. He's a lot stongeer than Leto, and Shatterstar's swords once drew blood on the Juggernaut.

Of course they've got a week to play this out. We may yet see some surprises.

Laminator_X
Oh, and Dizzle, someone who picks Leto II shouldn't throw stones about voices in their heads wink

Sentry
One minor thing, infravision is blocked by the globes. Sentry's sensors won't be seeing through them, but stuff like energy rays should work just fine.

No, they'll work just fine I think. My headgear visor locks on to any type of energy frequency or signature and the E-beam is guided by a laser to it's target. Blocking it out? I think not. Your ruby visor and optic energy will always leave a trace amount of energy no matter what. It found Iron Man when his suit capacity was less than 2%, I'm willing to bet the energy stored within your amaglam is slightly greater than 2% of Iron Man's suit.

OK, back to my advantages.

DURABILITY: Shurikens and knives won't do anything to me. Drizzt's chainmail was made by a master dwarven smith. Highest quality, very little weight. Mithril rules. Leto has also taken several thrown knives from close range. And a flamethrower. You can hit me with 7, or 8, or 20. They'll bounce off. The only thing that's vulnerable is the visor and the bracers. You have not the skill or speed to hit either. If you did, you'd be majorly breaking rules.

OK, does this Mithril cover your whole body? Does it cover every nook and cranny of your legs? Probably not. All armor have their weak spots and crevices, and incoming blades and shurikens can and will find those marks at least 7 times out of 10.

You also mentioned durability...Something without your armor, you do not possess. My durability is greater than yours. You may have Mithtril, but I have a specifically designed suit of tough flexible Mojo World materials, and my skin toughness is quite a bit tougher than yours.

You also mentioned skill. Well skill does come into play, but your character Drizzt is only 70 years old according to the wikipedia bio, so if you have no where near the experience of other of Drizzt's kind. Shatterstar was forced to battle day in and day out by Mojo in arena type death matches. Unicorn and Thunderbolt both have military backgrounds, and have trained several forms of armed and unarmed combatitives. Skill and speed are my forte. I have enough skill to nail you with all types of different weapons.

Originally posted by Laminator_X
(I may regret this, as I think my amalgam would fare better against Thunderstar)

I'm leaning towards voting voting for Shaiclops.

I think Cyclops is better than Unicorn in the long game, even though Unicorn's got the more versatile attack. Cyclops has range and is far more skilled.

Shatterstar's crazy good, probably as good as Drzzt, but I think Leto's Fremen-Evolution-crossed-with-Bene-Gesserit-Eugenics reflexes put him over the top in the close game.

Thunderstar's hope might be power. He's a lot stongeer than Leto, and Shatterstar's swords once drew blood on the Juggernaut.

Of course they've got a week to play this out. We may yet see some surprises.

Cyclops might be more powerful in the long game, but you hit it right on the nail when you said mine was much more versatile. Like I said, if both blasts collide, that will result in an explosion that will knock us both off the platforms, and while the Emperor falls to his death, I will fall, and be gravely injured, but I will survive due to my healing factor. Due to my suit and already tough hide, the fall won't hurt me that bad.

Ahhhh... you also mentioned power... Oh so right you are. In a close game, I'm willing to be impaled to impale the Emperor. While I'll block and parry all of his slicing techniques to my vital spots, I'll probably step into one of his blades getting impaled through the stomach, thus giving me my window of chance to impale him. Emperor has no healing factor, and will thus die from the resulted wound, and I will not. If it were a light-saber on the other hand, I'd probably not step into such a blow.

Oh, another thing, If you think my blades won't be able to impale through Mithril, your character will be dead wrong. I have that issue of when Shatterstar draws blood on the Juggernaut. My blades are enchanted as well. It sliced through the locks on Juggy's helmet. In other words, it sliced through Juggs mystical armor. Something I believe Mithril is no where near as tough.

So if you add strength, mystical and sonic blades, and master swordsman skill... That'll be more than enough to plow through Mithril. If not through the Mithril, through the crevices under the armpit or the neck. Either way, Emperor dies.

jinzin
just something to take note of... the magic that enchants shatterstar's blades are what allowed it to nullify that magic that gives juggs his durability...I'm not saying the blades aren't sharp but it's something to be pointed out that he really wasn't slicing through anything with super durability as far as the blades were concerned jugg's skin was just like anyone elses..and he stabbed him in the eyes..did he actually cut skin? i don't remember...

anywho.. it should be noted that the mythril is also enchanted...this should come into play upon contact, and in a collision i think it's pretty safe to a assume a stalemate would be the result.

Sentry
Oops, quote instead of edit. I only added this to "SKILL"

"Also if it comes down to a swordfight, only one of your guys even has experience with swords. And he is no match for Drizzt Do'Urden. You may have a slight advantage in army tactics, but this isn't the army, now is it?"

To wrap up the essay session, my main mind is Leto. He kills anything and everyone who gets in the way of the Golden Path. He is simply above the likes of you puny "humans". (sarcasm, btw. Look it up, along with "subtlety" when trying to make fun of my name)

Oh, and if you're gonna go for the title thing, try not to name yourself after a schizo. Just some advice. (Sentry... These ARE the voices in your head. We want your soul! Ooooooooh ghost2)

It'll be a closer fight than you think. Sword fighting is Shatterstar's main forte... Shatterstar has just about crossed swords with damn near everyone. I know one thing your character won't be expecting... Military type KAMAKAZE ATTACKS!!! If you also think I'll be just using my swords, you'll be in for a surprise. I'm willing to blast you point blank with my E- beams causing the concussive blast force to momentarily double KO the both of us. Then again you'd be dead, and I'd get up after a few minutes after my healing factor kicks in, which I remind you again, something you do not have.

Unfortunately for you Leto body, I'm not a puny human. I will crush you physical body with all my might.

Sentry
Originally posted by jinzin
just something to take note of... the magic that enchants shatterstar's blades are what allowed it to nullify that magic that gives juggs his durability...I'm not saying the blades aren't sharp but it's something to be pointed out that he really wasn't slicing through anything with super durability as far as the blades were concerned jugg's skin was just like anyone elses..and he stabbed him in the eyes..did he actually cut skin? i don't remember...

anywho.. it should be noted that the mythril is also enchanted...this should come into play upon contact, and in a collision i think it's pretty safe to a assume a stalemate would be the result.

He pretty much impaled him through the eyes. And if Mthril is enchanted, then the enchantment on my blades should negate the Mithrils enchantment, thus making it easier to plow through Mithril.

jinzin
well that would work if it was just any old metal without the enchantment.. but I'm pretty sure it's made of some of the hardest substance in it's own relative U. it would be hard to punch through..especially if you have to worry about getting blasted or gutted yourself... it may not be the wisest desicion of attack, you'd have to put too much strength and focus into it...

Dizzle

The chainmail is lightly enchanted, but mostly for it's weight and flexibility, not godly protection.

Leto by himself is quite durable. 7/10 shurikens, from 50 yards, hitting me in the bracers or visor? I think not. Leto's skin repelled Fremen daggers thrown from a couple feet. The mithril just helps out a bit. Your shurikens aren't magic, they're just metal. Leto's skin isn't being pierced by them, and the visor and bracers are much too small to be hit.

Drizzt doesn't have the centuries of experience, but he has more skill than those who have centuries of experience. He's a prodigy. And 70 years is PLENTY of time to learn the ins and outs of single combat (I think he started at 5 or so). It's more than any one of your guys has, I'm fairly sure. Combine that with Fremen training, Bene Gesserit training, and the command of the X Men. You have NOTHING on my experience and skill. Seriously, name me one guy Shatterstar has beaten sword to sword that's better than Obould.

Sadly enough for you, Drizzt has survived the "I stab you, you stab me" thing before. He has almost a Bruce Leeish style of swordplay. Improvisation is key. Play offense and defense simultaneously. He can be stabbing you and block your little chop at the same time. (advantage of two swords wink) Oh, and you STILL forget precognition. Nothing surprises Shaiclops.

Precog also provides the answer for an eye beam explosion. (assuming that's what would happen... They could also just pretty much counter each other) Shaiclops fires a blast and dives into one of the mountain passes. The explosion knocks you off, the mountain protects me. I win by your death or ring out. (at the least)

Darkness globes, as far as I can tell, let no types of vision through, magical or otherwise. Seeing as there isn't a whole lot of technology in Forgottem Realms, I can't say how a futuristic tracking device would fare. I doubt it would do very well. It doesn't block light or heat or energy. It blocks sight in general.

Leto is far from human... Why would you say he is? How many humans do you know that can bench 10 tons? How many live for 3500 years and become giant sandworms? That's what I thought. Leto's as far from human as anyone. You won't touch me enough to "crush" my body.

You assume 3 things with your point blank e-beams. A: You'll survive it. If it's blowing off my torso, you're dying too. B: I don't see em coming. See how precog comes in handy now? I'm never going to be surprised. By you or anyone. C: You assume I don't blast you away with my eyes first. Even Unicorn can't take that much force to the face from point blank. Cuz see, I'd do it even before you try the crappy "stab and be stabbed" thing.

For clarification, I'm not saying you couldn't pierce mithril chainmail with a good sword strike... Not a katana through butter. More like a broadsword through plate mail... It's just that you won't be getting any good hits in anyway, so I don't really have to worry.

K Von Doom
anywho.. it should be noted that the mythril is also enchanted...this should come into play upon contact

I believe it's...

Mithril Chain Mail +5
Icing Death (Frostbrand) +3
Twinkle (Defender) +5

big grin

jinzin
What the f**k?

laughing out loud

Sentry
Your Mithril armor does not cover every single part of your body. It will have nooks and crannies, and with my skill, I'm sure to find them. Oh, hitting your visor from 50 yards might be hard, but not impossible. My laser guided E-beams could lock onto your visor from 10 to 20 yards, and target that. That will nicely shave the part of your head with the visor clean off.

So Leto's has been hit with daggers...All my bladed weapons and shurikens are charged with a specific sonic charge, similar to the blades on The Guyver, which will certainly pierce you skin. Oh, your not a sandworm you know, and your not totally invincible like you think you are. Digi kinda banned that. But, I could simply melt the snow around our battlefield, and since your body is that of Leto who has a weakness against water... Well you see the point. Your dead...

Laminator_X
Young Leto wasn't water averse. He was more Sandtrout than Worm then.

Sentry
Ahhhhh.... Wondrous pre-cog... Your pre-cog will predict and see predictable patterns and outcomes. My I stab you and I stab me thing as well... But, the point blank E-beam blast that would take me and you out, at the same time is probably something you won't be predicting. It's reminiscent of old Japanese Kamikaze war pilots, taking the enemy down with you. But in this case, only you will be going down since your pre-cog probably won't predict such a radical and dangerous move. Yeah it could kill me as well, but I can heal from my wounds, quite quickly... Possibly regenerate a limb or two... But you having no distinct or documented healing ability is your downfall will be. Sure if you were a sandworm you'd probably survive, but since your a young Leto, that is probably not the case. Oh, an the explosion will surely cause some snow to melt, thus the water will weaken you even further. What a lame character... Weak against water... It's ok Dizzle... I applaud your effort. clap

It's too bad your going down... thumb down

Sentry
Young Leto wasn't water averse. He was more Sandtrout than Worm then.

Doesn't matter, my kamikaze attacks will stop him.

Sentry
That's exactly what I was thinking Dizzle. You still think the concept is about sight. No. Your body, your ruby visor is giving off slight energy patterns no matter what... Even if you try to hide in the Darkness Globe, your Globe hasn't been put up against modern technology, so it's my word against yours isn't it?
It's kinda like cosmic awareness, but on a much smaller scale.

Ummmm... I have two swords too... And I have about a couple dozen shurikens and throwing blades, and my E and N-beams... If you count them all up, it looks like your outgunned. I have two swords plus... You only have two swords and a visor...

Solidus Snake
this is tough. i feel dizzle may be outclassed though. one or two solid hits may do him in. a lack of a healing factor will limit his soak

although i believe dizzle has the more original character, he will unfortunately go down

sentry wins

newjak86
I'm gonna go Sentry. From both sides it looks like this is getting down and dirty close range combat. Drizzle's lack of a healing factor really hurts him here plus I think they are close enough everywhere else except strength to go ahead and give it to Sentry.

Tha C-Master
What the f**k?

laughing out loud

What he's saying is the armor has a plus 5 enchantment for the defender, and the twinkle has a plus three advantage, which goes into saving throws, damage calculation etc.

The armor is plus 4, and goes into saving throws also, its very lightweight 7lbs, and it allows ALOT of maneuverability.

Twinkle also has devastating abilities, and can kill much stronger foes in a swipe, while defender adds and AC bonus of 2, making him harder to hit.

Sentry
Your right, I won't touch you enough. My blades and my lasers will be hitting you. Quite a bit. If Leto's around class 10, then I'm like 33% percent stronger than you. Not much of a difference, but it does come into factor when all of our attributes are nearly the same. The odds of your character knocking me out is slim to none, for where my character has the ability not only to knock you out, but kill you several different ways.

1. Physical close quarter combat: I stab you, you stab me, you die from your wounds, I'm gravely injured, but heal within minutes after receiving the wound, thus giving me the win.

2. Distance Battle: You have only one weapon to attack from at long distance, and that is your optic visor. Using Thunderstar's speed and agility, I'll be maneuvering quite a bit and simultaneously chucking my shurikens and sonic blades towards you, as well as locking onto your energy signature and using my laser guided E-Beams to blow your Amaglam to bits.

3. Stealth Battles... : Your Darkness globe would probably work against me, but since my headgear detects even the smallest trace amounts of energy signatures and frequencies, that leaves a nice bullseye on your body. My laser guided E-Beams will find you if your behind a rock, hiding in the the Globe Of Darkness, or cowering in the corner like a little girl. baby Even if my beams don't hit you dead on, the concussive force will send you flying into the air, thus allowing me to find you.

4. E-Beam And Optic Blast Collision!!!: If these two were two collide, the resulted concussive force blasts will probably destroy the platform were on, sending both of us plummeting to our deaths to the valley below.

Oh wait a minute... I'm wearing specifically designed suit made out of Mojo World materials, plus I have nigh hard skin, which will probably reduce the amount of damage I receive from the fall, thus less work for my healing factor. Do you have a healing factor? No... Thus you die from the resulted fall.

Thunderstar Wins!!!

Emperor rip

Solidus Snake
well taht was exciting

Sentry
Dizzle'a Amaglam is tough, but when it comes down to it, mine is stronger, packing more weapons, and just more versatile than a hack and slash character with optic blasts. I have speed, agility, dozens of throwing weapons, my blades and shurikens are charged with sonic frequencies to amplify it's effectiveness, I have tough skin along with a combat suit made out of Mojo World materials, I have my headgear that detects any type of energy signature or frequency, and is allowed to home in on that target via laser guidance...

Thunderstar is just much more versatile than the Emperor.

stormfront13
I'm gonna vote for setry cause it seems like his amalgam is better than dizzles. also are force-fields allowed in the tourney?

Nataku8188
The really big problem with this fight is 95% of it is speculation on speeds and such.

But, I'm going to vote for Dizzle. Upon further review, I believe he is not only fast enough, but skilled enough, to get ontop of Sentry and take him out. Being a huge X-force fan, I know very well how skilled Shatterstar is, and I believe he is slightly outclassed here.

Tha C-Master
Yes, I forgot, I vote for Dizzle aswell, I like his combinations and lethality of his weapons/equipment...

jplatinum
Strength isn't everything.
You might be 33% stronger, but he might have more power in his hits.
Just a suggestion.

Sentry
Better equipment and weapons...

My weapons are pretty effective anf lethality seems to be on par with the Emperor's.

Good point, but who's to say he's a better martail artist than my Amaglam or a better fighter? Shatterstar has studied various forms of Mojo World martials arts, Unicorn and Thunderbolt have also trained in various types of armed and unarmed combatitves... It's all up in the air. So when skill, speed, agility, and fighting ability are nearly the same, strength can be a deciding factor. Durability as well. I will heal from wounds... He will not... If we both receive fatal wounds, he will die, and I possibly might not.

His optic blasts don't lock into to me, he has to aim. Mine locks into my opponents type of energy frequency, and which Dizzle's Amaglam has a powerful energy signature due to the mutant power of Cyclops that his Amaglam has. I just lock in, and fire. Even if it's a close hit, could Dizzle's amaglam possibly survive this:

Even if it were to miss him oh so slightly? Most likely not. Even if he did survive, he'd be severely impaired, thus leaving a chance for my Amaglam to capitalize on the situation.

VS.

The Twinkle blade...

Icingdeath...

Globe of Darkness...

Optic Blasts...

Sentry
So far the score is

tied with 4-4

Good match Dizzle. And damn good Amaglam.

DigiMark007
4-4 eh? Yeah, good match, both of you. Keep it coming though...still a while left to go.

Sentry
4-4 eh? Yeah, good match, both of you. Keep it coming though...still a while left to go.

Damn... A week is long... I'll just play counter poster from now on. I think I've written enough for now. It's Dizzle's move.

Askani'son
didnt drizzt get new armor in The Two Swords that was better than his mithril because it was able to not only deflect his swords but also not even scratch the armor?

Dizzle
Originally posted by newjak86
I'm gonna go Sentry. From both sides it looks like this is getting down and dirty close range combat. Drizzle's lack of a healing factor really hurts him here plus I think they are close enough everywhere else except strength to go ahead and give it to Sentry.

If you're basing this all on melee combat, I beg you to reconsider... My entire initial strategy involves staying out of his range with superior speed (his beams only reach a quarter of the way across the platform, precog warns me about them in general) and pushing him to the edge. The only time I would go close combat is if Sentry decides to retreat to the maze of mountain passes. He said himself that his sensors could pick up magic energy. Enough faerie fire should throw him off plenty good. Then it's just a matter of ambush and a quick kill. I don't plan on going straight up melee at all, which Sentry would have you believe.

Keep in mind he wouldn't really be able to hide from me in the mountains either. Drizzt's a master tracker and such, he can pick up Mr Thundersomething from a mile away. The range from the eye beams helps here too... He's chasing me, I cave in a mountain pass or two on his head.

More equipment doesn't equal better equipment... You assume that your shurikens are both more deadly and more accurate than my eye beams, because your only argument for range is that every shot I take somehow misses, and somehow you connect in lethal spots with 7 diving shuriken throws. It really doesn't seem likely, you don't have Bullseye, or anyone close to as good at aiming as he is. Your e-beams have a range of 25 yards. You have to catch me to use them, which simply isn't happening. And if your e-beams can ko you, my eye beams can as well. Why? Cyclops is the upper limit for beam weapons. Your argument against my speed is the same, though 85 is NOT the exact limit, which is why I still edge you out.

Once again, Leto isn't getting blown through by a normal metal shuriken, sonic charge or no. He's taken blades from much less distance than you will be at. They may leave marks, but one glancing hit won't be leaving me incapacitated as you seem to suggest. This also implies that you can hit me in good spots, which isn't likely to happen a whole lot.

Your e-beams aren't going to be utilized much, as you need to get much closer than you will be able to to properly use them. If you somehow get into range, I have quite the number of options. A: I could actually use this as a tactic... I sit at the entrance to the passes, let you try a beam, shoot it, blow up the platform, dive into the pass, and let you lose by ring out. (btw, if we both leave the battlefield, I'm pretty sure that's a stalemate, regardless of who's in better shape) B: Avoidance. Heat seeking things can be blocked by throwing stuff in their path, and it doesn't have to be an energy beam. A rock should work...

Regrowing heads now, Sentry? If your head blows up, you die. Check the maximum limit on healing factors. A point blank e-beam shot would kill us both, and get you nowhere. Course, you're never getting a point blank e-beam shot, as I'm gonna be avoiding you and blasting you with superior range for the whole fight. Or ambushing you in some random mountain pass.

I must stress this: In a close range fight, Shaiclops will not need to soak damage. I don't need a healing factor, I won't be taking enough hits in melee. While fighting his admitted equal, Artemis Entreri, Drizzt has gotten hit a total of... I think 3 times. All minorly. The biggest and best part about his fighting style is the unique way that he keeps up an almost impenetrable defense while still getting in plenty of slashes. He even comments on it in Legacy... You cannot sacrifice good defense for good offense or vice versa, you must do both simultaneously. If it comes down to pure swords, Shaiclops has a huge advantage. (He definitely would see a kamikaze coming, btw. He would know that even a stab to the gut wouldn't kill you. He might not see the attack directly, but he won't let down his guard if he knows it won't end the fight)

Oh ya... I forgot... Since you're chucking shurikens from 50 yards against a guy moving at 100+ mph and connecting with 7/10, It's plausible that someone with Cyclops's skill could hit you in the head once or twice. One time and all of your sensors, and a lot of your weapons, are pretty much disabled. I then proceed into the twisting passages, ambush you, and keep your head as a trophy to bolster the fear of me by my subjects. Shaiclops is GOD EMPEROR! How bout dem apples?

Dizzle
So far the score is

tied with 4-4

Good match Dizzle. And damn good Amaglam.

You too, to both. Dammit I wanted to face Iron Eagle... Dammit!

And a week... Hmm...

And no... Obould's armor deflected pretty much everything that wasn't Cutter, but as far as I know, Drizzt's armor is still the same as it has been.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Askani'son
didnt drizzt get new armor in The Two Swords that was better than his mithril because it was able to not only deflect his swords but also not even scratch the armor?

I just started Two Swords, but we'll go with "classic" Drizzt here. Just his regular mithril armor. And the only enchantment it has is to make it silent and light. It's still just a really light, tough metal.

Dizzle
I just started Two Swords, but we'll go with "classic" Drizzt here. Just his regular mithril armor. And the only enchantment it has is to make it silent and light. It's still just a really light, tough metal.

Whatever... Though Drizzt did get control of the Hunter in Two Swords... Which I have yet to bring up. It involves slipping into an instinctual killing state and boosts Drizzt's skills even higher and yadda yadda. Still, I don't think his armor changed at all during Two Swords anyway.

Khellendros
Whatever... Though Drizzt did get control of the Hunter in Two Swords... Which I have yet to bring up. It involves slipping into an instinctual killing state and boosts Drizzt's skills even higher and yadda yadda. Still, I don't think his armor changed at all during Two Swords anyway.
Yeah, I jsut reread that wiki article about Drizzt. That Hunter thing sounds... scary. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/eek.gif

Sentry
100+ mph??? Isn't over a 100 plus mph over the speed limit for our amaglams? Is Spidey that fast since we did limit the speed to that of Spiderman?

Last time I checked rocks don't give off energy frequencies. Your visor does. big grin

I'm not hiding from you. Have I ever stated in any of my postings that I will hide or use stealth? No. I will fight you on the platform. You can run and hide between the rocks like a little baby baby, but I will stay on the platform and chuck my blades and shurikens at you. Oh, I'll shoot E-Beams towards the rocks your cowering in and shatter those, so your supposed stealth techniques(hiding because he's too scared), will not work anymore. Then you'll have to fight on the platform. Coward.

No. My E-beams are more effective at 25 yards. Not limited to it. If it hits you from from 50 yards, the concussive force blast won't be as strong, but it will still hve a detrimental effect on your amaglam.

Oh, I don't hacve to catch you Dizzle. All I have to do is get close to you. And since our speed is similar according to tournament rules, it'll be easy enough to get close to you.

Khellendros
Oh, I don't hacve to catch you Dizzle. All I have to do is get close to you. And since our speed is similar according to tournament rules, it'll be easy enough to get close to you.
Okay, seriously, this is getting annoying. WHAT IS the actual running speed limit for this tourney? Has it ever been laid out how fast Spidey can run?

K Von Doom
It's tough to decide this one. Strange that the vote count is so low.

Khellendros
It's tough to decide this one. Strange that the vote count is so low.
I think it's because they are so close that most people aren't voting.

Sentry
No, I'm not regrowing heads, but personal regeneration does come close. An arm or a foot maybe. Not a head.

Who says I have to aim for your head? Blasting the very platform were standing on while battling at close range will do just fine. I might lose a foot or a leg, but in a little while I'll be up and ready to finish you off. Since your legs and parts of your lower anatomy will be missing. If you survive that initial blast, I'll finish you off quickly giving you a warrior's death by decapitation...

Sentry
Okay, seriously, this is getting annoying. WHAT IS the actual running speed limit for this tourney? Has it ever been laid out how fast Spidey can run?

I honestly though it was a 100mph... But honestly Digi, you need to clarify this please. Because the speed of the God Emperor by the way Dizzle's describing it, seems like he's at least 2 or 3 times faster than my Amaglam.

long pig
The bad part about picking a guy like you did Dizzle is that it's all speculation and no proof.

I know what Sentry's guy can do, I've seen it in action. Unless you can prove to me that you can compete, I'm voting Sentry.

It's a good dirty h2h fight it seems. I think this is the better of the two fights.

long pig
What's wrong with 200mph foot speed? As long as you can't do it forever or react that fast, doesn't seem to be a big deal.

Sentry
Ohhh crap!!! I almost forgot to post my new Amaglam pic courtesy of longpig. Thanks man! thumb up

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/Thunderstar.png

K Von Doom
That's a massive sword.

long pig
Real men carry big swords. evil face

K Von Doom
Compensating? laughing

Khellendros
Originally posted by long pig
What's wrong with 200mph foot speed? As long as you can't do it forever or react that fast, doesn't seem to be a big deal.
I wouldn't have a problem with it, I just want a concrete number.

Dr.SpiderHulk
Gosh..I want my characters a picture of him to post it up..

Can I vote...?????

Sentry
Originally posted by Dr.SpiderHulk
Gosh..I want my characters a picture of him to post it up..

Can I vote...?????

Yep. You registered in July, plus you are part of this tournament. Go ahead and vote.

Dr.SpiderHulk
I vote sentry...
Everything seems almost equal but Sentry has better fighting up face to face...

DigiMark007
Speed: Didn't realize it would be such a big deal. Since Spidey is the "speed limit" (more for reflexes than running speed, but we're having to adapt it for that too), I honestly think Parker might manage quite a bit over 100MPH (olympic sprinters can hit 25mph) but we'll cap it around 125. If I'm not mistaken, 600mph is the speed of sound, and I can't see Spider-Man running 1/3 mach speed.

There...125mph is the official limit. I honestly don't think it means as much as this fight is making it seem. Reflexes and "fight speed" are more important than who can run a mile the fastest.

Anyone with a 15 Ton guy can be assumed to be near that. Leto is fast and he has Drizzt's bracers of speed around his ankles, so he's an exception, but between Thuderguy's fast-ness and Unicorn strength, Sentry might push that limit as well.

Scoobless
Real men carry big swords. evil face

http://img303.imageshack.us/img303/3078/scarletcyborgmarkii4bh.jpg

evil face

K Von Doom
Some people might want the max running speed so their character can run away

Dizzle
The bad part about picking a guy like you did Dizzle is that it's all speculation and no proof.

I know what Sentry's guy can do, I've seen it in action. Unless you can prove to me that you can compete, I'm voting Sentry.

It's a good dirty h2h fight it seems. I think this is the better of the two fights.

It's not complete speculation, it's estimation. Big difference. Leto and Drizzt have their speed feats (the bracers), they just don't have exact numbers attatched to them.

Leto creates crazy friction when he runs. 10 ton strength by itself is at least enough to compete with a moderate speedster. The bracers put it just a notch above that. The Baenre blademaster who originally had the bracers (he used them on his hands) swung his swords to the point where they were a blur. Drizzt had a hard time keeping up. (he won because the other guy's combos were too fast for even him to control. Drizzt countered it before the guy could stop himself, killed him, and put the bracers on his ankles)

Why does no one read my initial strategy? If we have an up close fight. (see my ranged strategery first. This is not my primary mode of attack, it's just a counter to "I go up and hit you with a sword" If he isn't faster than me, at the very least, I'm fast enough to keep out of his effective range) Drizzt slips into a state of instinctual killing fury. His blades are guided by pure instinct now. Whatever his skill was before, double it. Reactions boosted, attack speed and precision, overall defense, everything. Melee combat is more about skill than strength, to a certain point. Sentry is far from physically dominating me, his strength's a bit better, but that's it. I have a big skill advantage. The Hunter is friggin deadly.

From all accounts, Shatterstar is pretty good, but I still have yet to have anyone name me someone who is as impressive as even Wulfgar in pure swordfighting skill.

You have beams, I have beams. Neither of us will be surviving a blast from yours from that close. Mine, on the other hand, work more like a punch. Not quite so much backlash. A good amount of juice from up close should send you 3 mountains over. You can't beat me with swords, you can't beat me with energy, cuz it kills you too. Cuz seriously, how are you gonna hit the ground while swordfighting a guy?

Even at equal speed, do you really think that Shatterstar throws more accurately than Cyclops shoots? The energy beams, if they can still even hit me, will be severely reduced in power. All I need is one head shot. It's not beyond what Scott has already proven himself easily capable of. (he hit the moon with a huge blast... I know they're not allowed, but that's some disgustingly good physics)

Once again... Don't look, see that Sentry is a bit stronger, and vote. It's a bit more complicated than that. Skill more than makes up for strength here.

Sentry

There...125mph is the official limit. I honestly don't think it means as much as this fight is making it seem. Reflexes and "fight speed" are more important than who can run a mile the fastest.

There... a speed limit. Now speed isn't an advantage for both of us. Then again that seems to take away some your speed assumptions Dizzle. Sorry Dizzle. Without your speed, almost all of your speed arguments go down the drain. It also bolsters my argument to where I can even get close enough to you to actually battle in a close quarters situation and I'd be able to get close enough to you to use my E-Beams to their maximum potential.

Really, this has been a good fight. I'm not gonna really post anymore from now on. I'll let Dizzle post a few in a row before I post again. If he brings up good arguments though, I'll be posting quite quickly.

Sentry
Some people might want the max running speed so their character can run away

Yup... Dizzle wanted great speed to run away from my character!!! laughing

Khellendros
There... a speed limit. Now speed isn't an advantage for both of us.
How is it not an advantage when he can run 50 mph faster than your all-out balls-to-the-wall top speed?

Dizzle
And since there is apparently those who know little of my characters...

Drizzt Feats: Renowned as the greatest blademaster Menzoberranzan has ever seen. He dominated the school of fighters, defeated the undead version of his teacher, Zaknafein.
Lived in the Underdark, by himself, for several years. Fighting everyday, living by killing everyone and everything that threatened his safety. (he's the first to do this by the way... no other drow ever could)
Helps kill the dragon, Icingdeath, along with his pupil, Wulfgar.
Survives against the demon Errtu 3 times.
Helps reclaim Mithril Hall and helps battle the spectral dragon, Shimmergloom.
Had the will to resist the sentient crystal shard, Crenshinibon.
Kills an ogre with enhanced speed and strength. (the dude pulverized a tree with a hit, drank a potion of haste)
Has stalemated and even bested Artemis Entreri, once with a sword technique of his own invention.
Fought several drow warriors, each with at least a century or 2 of experience, simultaneously.
Proved too fast and skilled to lose to Obould after he was given powers by the orc god Grummsh. This is the same ORC who orchestrated a full scale seige of Mithril Hall and physically overpowered a Frost Giant. He also had a giant flame covered sword. Drizzt couldn't pierce the armor, but took no hits.
Kills billions on billions of meat creatures. (goblins, orcs, etc)

I'd do better if I weren't tired.

Leto has fewer feats...
Jumped at and snapped a guy's neck before the guy could begin to run away.
Accurately predicted the exact course of action that needed to be taken for the Golden path to take place.
Ran fast enough to burn his own heat resistant skin.
Jumped 15 meters.
Used his foot to stamp the ground and call a worm. He then jumped onto the worm's back and pulled up a segment of the worm with his bare hands, so as to ride it.
Took several knives and a flamethrower from Fremen. He then killed like 7 of them with his bare hands.
Crawled 50 meters with only a few swimming motions.
Smashed through a big stone water storage tank with his fist.
Threw some big chunks of said water tank over 50 meters.
Woah... forgot about this one... One hit decapitated a Fremen. Sweet.

I hope enough people are familiar with Cyclops. It's late, I'm going to bed. I won't be back till pretty late. (8 or so, eastern) Don't let Sentry poison your minds with slanderous propaganda before then. stick out tongue

Sentry
How is it not an advantage when he can run 50 mph faster than your all-out balls-to-the-wall top speed?

I have Unicorn's speed which of course is a class 15 and characters like that could move moderately fast on their own. Theoretically, since Leto is a class 10, and mine is a class 15, my body's speed could possibly keep up with his. Adding Thunderbolt's and Shatterstar's enhanced speed, should put me right up to the 125MPH cap.

If their weren't no speed cap, he'd probably be a bit faster than me. You guys only assume I can move at 85MPH because of Thunderbolt's speed. Shatterstar has some quickness in him. As well as Unicorn. 50MPH faster than my balls to the wall top-speed... Pffttt... It's practically tied now.

Sentry
Unicorn has battled Iron Man on more than one occasion. I know Digi banned this but, he also withstood Iron man's Repulsor rays and laughed at him. Iron Man's Repulsor's seem to be able to slice through tanks, but it didn't faze me at all...

Thunderbolt single handedly thrashed armed hooligans in a matter of seconds, and disarming most of them before they even got a shot off.

Shatterstar has tangled with the best, getting the better of beings like Sauron attacking him in mid flight not caring that he was hundreds of feet up in the air.

Shatterstar also tangled with the Blob, and assumably found a weak spot when he slashed at him, forcing the Blob to jump off a cliff to get away. If I remember this correctly, Shatterstar called him a "Fat Fool"

Shatterstar has also sliced open Nimrod's armor.

In X-force #20 he basically whooped on a bunch of Shield agents.

Shatterstar nearly beheaded Crule who was an External similar to Canonball.

Shatterstar was able to cut Juggernaut's helmet loose because his sword was forged in a dimension of magic and science, thus making it sharp enough to pierce his skin as well, when things like Bullets, rpg's and Tank mortar's could not.

long pig
I think they need to see the man known as Thunder Star one more time to really grasp his power....

stormfront13
I'm gonna change my vote to dizzle

8bitChris
So everyone's speed adds up?

Sentry
Damnnn....

It's a tie again.

The votes are up to 5-5.

Good match Dizzle.

Sentry
Originally posted by 8bitChris
So everyone's speed adds up?

Apparently it does. It adds up to a 125MPH cap Digi set. So if our characters are wicked fast, they all practically have the same amount of speed for the tournament.

Whirlysplatt
Go Dizzle I vote Dizzle 6 - 5 smile

Sentry
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
Go Dizzle I vote Dizzle 6 - 5 smile

Typical.

Whirlysplatt
Typical.

No I'm undecided, I wouldn't do that to you, you may not like me but I retract my vote, I won't vote in your fight smile

You proved you read my posts laughing out loud

DigiMark007
Ok, so with whirlys vote retracted, it's 5-5?? I thought it was 5-4 Sentry, and if SF changed her vote wouldn't that make it 5-4 Dizzle? I'll go back and check.

{Edit} Damn, I'll check again, but I just counted 4-4...that can't be right.

{Edit}
Sentry: zachrivard, Solidus Snake, Newjak, Dr. SH

Dizzle: Khell, Nataku, C-Master, stormfront

So 4-4. Correct me if I'm wrong...still tied just like we thought, but just a vote less for each.

jplatinum
B-rad from malibu:"I knew my rhymes couldn't be that whack."

stormfront13
digi, once again......I'm a guy

Scoobless
lol

stormfront13
it's really not that funny...........everyone uses the same excuse that they just associate me with the characters storm

Dr.SpiderHulk
Your are a guy?? embarrasment

Scoobless
Originally posted by Dr.SpiderHulk
Your are a guy?? embarrasment

laughing out loud

stormfront13
oh hell.....i don't, even care anymore

long pig
I vote Sentry, I thought I already did.

Sentry
Ok, so with whirlys vote retracted, it's 5-5?? I thought it was 5-4 Sentry, and if SF changed her vote wouldn't that make it 5-4 Dizzle? I'll go back and check.

{Edit} Damn, I'll check again, but I just counted 4-4...that can't be right.

{Edit}
Sentry: zachrivard, Solidus Snake, Newjak, Dr. SH

Dizzle: Khell, Nataku, C-Master, stormfront

So 4-4. Correct me if I'm wrong...still tied just like we thought, but just a vote less for each.

I'm gonna kick myself for this later, but I thought Laminator X had voted for Dizzle. longpig voted for me, so I was counting it 5-5.

Dizzle
I'm gonna kick myself for this later, but I thought Laminator X had voted for Dizzle. longpig voted for me, so I was counting it 5-5.

Meh, it would've gotten out eventually. 5-5... This is quite a fight we have ourselves here. Well done Sentry.

Seeing as we've been going in circles for a bit now... Wanna call it quits to the actual argument posting and just let people read the thread to come to a conlusion? I don't think anything new and groundbreaking is really going to come out, and 6 pages is a lot easier to read than 20.

Scoobless
ok, i like the darkness globes as an effective strategy, but i also like the auto-power tracking that means Sentry's guy doesn't have to see his enemy to shoot at him

speed and skill seem fairly even

Sentry has an advantage in strength (which doesn't count for too much with all the weapons around) and healing (which is more important with so many blades)

the way i understand Leto's pre-cog (or whatever it is) to work is through conscious effort as Dizz has stated that he can choose to turn it on and off..... so in a close up fight, splitting his attention to turn it on could cost him some severe damage (if this is wrong, let me know)

these guys are so closely matched that the healing/auto tracking is all i have to seperate them at the moment

so i'm gonna vote for Sentry

Dizzle
the way i understand Leto's pre-cog (or whatever it is) to work is through conscious effort as Dizz has stated that he can choose to turn it on and off..... so in a close up fight, splitting his attention to turn it on could cost him some severe damage (if this is wrong, let me know)

He doesn't switch it on and off. It just gets much more powerful if Leto ingests the super-concentrated spice, and enters the spice trance (that also leaves him unconscious btw... I won't be attempting a spice trance anytime soon). It's then that he has true prescience. The lingering effect of the spice trance is his normal precog, but it's a constant thing. Not as powerful, but less handicapping.

Sentry
Meh, it would've gotten out eventually. 5-5... This is quite a fight we have ourselves here. Well done Sentry.

Seeing as we've been going in circles for a bit now... Wanna call it quits to the actual argument posting and just let people read the thread to come to a conlusion? I don't think anything new and groundbreaking is really going to come out, and 6 pages is a lot easier to read than 20.

Yup. I'll stop posting anymore battle strategies. May the best man win.

Good job Dizzle! thumbsup

Dizzle
Yup. I'll stop posting anymore battle strategies. May the best man win.

Good job Dizzle! thumbsup

You too Sentry. My goal was a win in the first round, but should I end up on top, I'll consider it to have been quite an accomplishment. Either way, I've had a marvelous time stepping on you. wink

thumbup batman thumbup

DigiMark007
Originally posted by stormfront13
digi, once again......I'm a guy

laughing

Oh crap, I'm sorry. I know, I know, I know...but you really can't get mad when you always have storm there, and everyone you pick in every tourney is a girl too (sorry for the slight give-away, but it still doesn't say much and your match goes up in less than a week anyway).

So I don't mean to laugh... laughing ...even though I do. big grin We still tight, right?? cool embarrasment confused

DigiMark007
Also, congrats to both of you either way this turns out (Sentry's up 6-5 at the moment).

Keep voting readers! Every vote counts.

And whoever loses this, in my opinion will be one of the strongest first round losers...no shame to either of you.

zachrivard
i have always thought sf was a girl

stormfront13
laughing

Oh crap, I'm sorry. I know, I know, I know...but you really can't get mad when you always have storm there, and everyone you pick in every tourney is a girl too (sorry for the slight give-away, but it still doesn't say much and your match goes up in less than a week anyway).

So I don't mean to laugh... laughing ...even though I do. big grin We still tight, right?? cool embarrasment confused

yeah, I'm not mad at you lol, everyone usually just associates me with storm, and since she is a female. I don't care if anyone knows who I have for my picks really. the reason they are all girls is because no one else has an all girl amalgam.

Laminator_X
Confirmed, I'm voting for Shaiclops. Verrry close though. I'll show you guys how to handle him after I my guy beats Jinzin's amalgam. wink

Khellendros
Confirmed, I'm voting for Shaiclops. Verrry close though. I'll show you guys how to handle him after I my guy beats Jinzin's amalgam. wink
Yeah, I really really wanna pit my guy against him too.

Laminator_X
Unless I read the brackets wrong, you could only do so in the final. I was rather thinking I'd meet you there.

Khellendros
Unless I read the brackets wrong, you could only do so in the final. I was rather thinking I'd meet you there.
Mmm, either way is fine by me. See one of you in the final match.

>_>

evil face

newjak86
Mmm, either way is fine by me. See one of you in the final match.

>_>

evil face Aren't you forgetting someone there Khell evil face

Scoobless
more than one someone i would think

K Von Doom
This is a difficult one but I'm buying into Dizzle's argument that Drizzt is a better fighter than Shatterstar.

I vote Dizzle.

jinzin
i'm beginning to lean towards dizzle as well..but I refrian my vote for the time being...

Sentry
i'm beginning to lean towards dizzle as well..but I refrian my vote for the time being...

You might as well vote now, me and Dizzle have kinda called it quits on the posting of Battle stragies.

Dizzlle you tough bastard!!! Good Job!!! thumb up

Their's a fairly good chance you will be moving on up... Sigh... That's okay... It was a good match. Jinzin's leaning towards you, so he'll probably vote for you.

After he votes 7-6 with you in the lead by 1...

The week's not over though people still might vote for me... Good luck!!!

K Von Doom
Props to Sentry for a great argument. Against another opponent or character, I'm certain you would have easily gotten my vote. thumb up

Scoobless
so no attempts at new and unique attack strategies?

sad

Dizzle
so no attempts at new and unique attack strategies?

sad

Unless I think of some uncounterable, uber exploitable flaw in Sentry's guy... Nope. We've said pretty much everything that needed saying in regards to an argument... Continuing would've just been repetetive.

Maestro
sentry gets my vote.

Sentry
It's tied again...

That's if Jinzin voted for Dizzle. I counting his vote in since he said he was leaning towards Dizzle.

7-7!!!

Damn good match...

jplatinum
So busy posting else where I didn't even vote in this fight.

I think that this is a close fight ,but I give it to sentry.
He came back strong with his last few arguments.

Sentry
I included Jinzin's vote even though he hasn't officially voted yet, but since he said he was leaning towards Dizzle, I counted his vote. Even with his vote the vote tally is:

8 -7 Sentry...

Damn good fight Dizzle!!!

This one will come down to the wire.

jplatinum
Sorry to do this guys, but since I've already voted on your battle.
I really need to get some points across for mine with scoob.

Vote over in fight one now:
Why si everyone failing to realize that my amalgam can kills scoob.
They act like I'm riddler and scoob is superman.
I have most of the tactical thinking,strategy, advantage of superior agility(batman beyond,liu kand, and kenshin), fighting skills(armed and unarmed), and I have the superior firepower(explosive batarangs and endless fireballs).

I have pre-cog too.
I have the will and the know how to win.
I have more manueverability.

Plua I can transform into a dragon and shoot fire at him(godzilla stlye/liu kang animality).

Who else but me me sees this?
Speak up now or the scoob-ites will win this fight.

Scoobless
i already replied to this.... so as he's posting it here i'll save you all the trip and show you why he's wrong right now

smile

Originally posted by jplatinum
I have most of the tactical thinking,strategy

better than the most feared General in the galaxy?... i think not
advantage of superior agility

not against Clone Wars Grievous and Scarlet Spider you don't
fighting skills(armed and unarmed)

unarmed maybe.... armed, no way, my guy was slaughtering multiple Jedi at once before these upgrades
I have the superior firepower(explosive batarangs and endless fireballs).

debatable... but to use your fireballs you have to use both hands .... whereas i can fire plasma and webbing while saber fighting

of course your fireballs are all but useless against my armour anyway
I have pre-cog too.

no you don't
I have the will and the know how to win.

not in this fight you don't
I have more manueverability.

not even remotely true
Plua I can transform into a dragon and shoot fire at him(godzilla stlye/liu kang animality).

fire is useless against my guy.... so you just dropped your sword for nothing... Dragon burgers anyone?
Who else but me me sees this?

no one.... it's all in your head!

big grin
Speak up now or the scoob-ites will win this fight.

confused

i have "-ites"..... sweet!.... big grin

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>