Outbound Flight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
Will you be buying this book? why or why not. what do you expect from it?

It comes out Jan 2006 I think...I'd have to look to confirm that.

Fishy
Didn't even hear about it yet, I might buy it as long as it isn't Post ROTJ and a bookstore here has it.

Lord Darkstar
sorry Fishy, it is post RotJ, it is Jorus C'Boaths (sp) mission to go outside the galaxy

overlord
Originally posted by Lord Darkstar
sorry Fishy, it is post RotJ, it is Jorus C'Boaths (sp) mission to go outside the galaxy

WTH?? They actually made a book about that???!!!

Darth_Glentract

It is before the movies. This is before Clone Wars to, I believe.

overlord
definately. Maybe even before TPM.

overlord
Originally posted by overlord
definately. Maybe even before TPM.

Mistake.. Sidious was already in control when Jorus dissapeared..

Captain REX

Post-TPM, maybe, but not Post-ROTJ. Jorus C'boath's mission to the outskirts of the Galaxy was a few years prior to the Clone Wars. Palpatine had Thrawn, whatever his rank was then, intercept the flight and kill all aboard with troops.

Lord Darkstar
oh sorry about that, and I must have been having a bad day, obviously the jedi knight mission would not be done after the jedi are destroyed oops

Darth Somebody
Actually...

Thrawn destroyed Outbound Flight on his own - before he joined Sidious. Sidious's advisor managed to convince Thrawn to sabatoge Outbound Flight. Thrawn did, was exiled, and joined Sidious.

I cannot WAIT for Zahn's depiction of Sidious. He does characters very accurate...VERY.

Veneficus
Originally posted by Captain REX
Post-TPM, maybe, but not Post-ROTJ. Jorus C'boath's mission to the outskirts of the Galaxy was a few years prior to the Clone Wars. Palpatine had Thrawn, whatever his rank was then, intercept the flight and kill all aboard with troops.

Why would Sids do that?

Darth_Glentract
Sidious didn't do that. Thrawn destroyed the Outbound flight which was what got his exiled from the Chiss I believe.

Captain REX
No, Sidious was behind it, or so I've read. Something to do with the Vong... *shrug*

Darth Somebody
Rex, to be honest, Sidious was behind a vast majority of the problems with modern day Star Wars - the Empire being his biggest scheme. Lol.

Anyways.

The Jedi sent a spacecraft out into beyond the Outer Rim, looking to explore and map the outer galaxy. Sidious - for some reason - wanted to stop it. Perhaps he knew of the Vong then, but I don't know. He sent some men (from his "private army"wink to sabatoge the exploration.

Thrawn shot down Palpatine's men, save for one - his advisor heading the operation. The advisor convinced Thrawn to kill the Jedi, but he was then exiled by the Chiss for doing it. Thrawn then went to Palpatine for his service.

§pearhead
Well, to answer the topic's question...if I remember to, yes, I'll get it...C'Baoth always pissed me off, but now maybe I can learn some insight...

not to mention, t'was Thrawn who crushed it, and I like Thrawn...

Julie
I agree, I too was annoyed by C'baoth.....too many r's and u's or something like that.

I've ordered the book....eh who knows. I'm trusting Zahn can handle it

Morridini
Well remember that the C'baoth we know withe the r's and u's was just a malfunctioning clone. This will be the real one.

Julie
thank goodness....no more clones...they killed the concept

starwarsfreak34
actually, OBF is set between TPM and AotC. and i'm gutted coz at first it was due out this month, but now some sites are saying january. as for what am i expecting... madarse tactical genius on thrawn's part and an epic space battle to coincide. i've read an excerpt from the unseen queen of it and it sounds good. (although i got pissed off coz the cover of the unseen queen says 'includes exclusive chapter from forthcoming book-outboundflight- by troy denning!) huge mistake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.