starship troopers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

crazy_shadow
A new Starship Troopers game!!!!!!!! I saw some screenshots on the game it looks SO BADASS!!!! imma find a link and put it here!!

StinkFist462
maybe you should have done all that before making a thread?

this game better be good.

crazy_shadow
ITS GREAT LOOKIN big grin

http://www.starshiptroopers-game.com/default.asp

theres a demo too no expression

Smasandian
The demo is okay.

Its needs to be polished alot more to be a good FPS (considering the saturation of really good PC FPS).

The sound is all screwed up and I can see this game. Its looks like the same action all over the place.

Thoma5
Wow cool!!!

Hit_and_Miss
I found it a bit jerky....

I though the coders were proper Bast*rds for giving you that impossible fight when you get the cell...

crazy_shadow
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
I found it a bit jerky....

I though the coders were proper Bast*rds for giving you that impossible fight when you get the cell... if its jerky your computer probably needs a better video card or more mhz, the requirements needs 2ghz embarrasment

the game comes out november 8th, the game is probably still being fixed...erm we'll see

Thoma5
I gt error and i cant play the demo!!! =(

Thoma5
Can any1 see my graphic card suitable for this game

Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce4 MX 440
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0171&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_A3
Display Memory: 64.0 MB
Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (75Hz)
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.7184 (English)
DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 2/24/2005 07:32:00, 3973888 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
VDD: n/a
Mini VDD: nv4_mini.sys
Mini VDD Date: 2/24/2005 07:32:00, 3454144 bytes
Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4231-11CF-A07F-0A2002C2CB35}
Vendor ID: 0x10DE
Device ID: 0x0171
SubSys ID: 0x00000000
Revision ID: 0x00A3
Revision ID: 0x00A3
Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_B ModeMPEG2_C ModeMPEG2_D
Deinterlace Caps: {212DC723-3235-44A4-BD29-E1652BBCC71C}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_MedianFiltering
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{212DC723-3235-44A4-BD29-E1652BBCC71C}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_MedianFiltering
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
Registry: OK
DDraw Status: Enabled
D3D Status: Enabled
AGP Status: Enabled
DDraw Test Result: Not run
D3D7 Test Result: Not run
D3D8 Test Result: Not run
D3D9 Test Result: Not run

Hit_and_Miss
Originally posted by crazy_shadow
if its jerky your computer probably needs a better video card or more mhz, the requirements needs 2ghz embarrasment

the game comes out november 8th, the game is probably still being fixed...erm we'll see

I ran it on my laptop
3 ghz pent 4
nivarda 64mb (i think thats why)
512 mb ram

Hit_and_Miss
Originally posted by Thoma5
I gt error and i cant play the demo!!! =(

whats ur pc spec....

I ran it ok with a nivarda 64mb

Thoma5
whats ur pc spec....

I ran it ok with a nivarda 64mb

dxdiag file here:
http://s33.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3BHMBJDXXOMDK2A3W2NLYHA4QJ

Smasandian
if its jerky your computer probably needs a better video card or more mhz, the requirements needs 2ghz embarrasment

Oh I surpass that.
They're still very jerky.
I hope its not going to be repetitive, because it look like it might be.

Hit_and_Miss
I don't mind... I loved the idea of starship troopers... The 1st film where you needed about 5 guys to kill one bug, I though that was an enemy! smart enemies can be tactical all they like! but theres nothing like being in the thick of it with too many enemies!

too they guy whos having problems....

When was the last time you updated your graphics drivers... what version of Direct X have you got? Have you updated ur windoes?? does your spec meet the min requirements....

I'm sorry but that txt told me nothing... just too much to wade though...

crazy_shadow
hmm i can play games without ever jerking....unless im online and it lags because of my internet connection (56k) no expression

i haev a 256mb video card so i shouldnt have any jerky problems...and a 2.6 ghz....plenty of pc room too....im good O.O i cant download the demo cuz its too big for my dialup...itll take like 3-4 days embarrasment

Hit_and_Miss
unlucky, Its not much of a demo anyhows... U get to kill about 10 bugs with 2 weapons... 1 is soo crappy its insulting (they call it your Primary weapon aswell!!!lLOL) after killing 10 bugs and actually getting to the battery you were suppose to get... they send 1000 bugs after you... not a chance of killing them, and it starts to jerk even more!

Why are you still on dial up??? (sorry if theres an actual reason u can't get BB) but it doesn't cost that much to get BB now anyhow!

crazy_shadow
unlucky, Its not much of a demo anyhows... U get to kill about 10 bugs with 2 weapons... 1 is soo crappy its insulting (they call it your Primary weapon aswell!!!lLOL) after killing 10 bugs and actually getting to the battery you were suppose to get... they send 1000 bugs after you... not a chance of killing them, and it starts to jerk even more!

Why are you still on dial up??? (sorry if theres an actual reason u can't get BB) but it doesn't cost that much to get BB now anyhow! because you cant get anything else out here...... and the movie is just like that too, theres tons of bugs man, that made it better....the older starship troopers was like a 3rd person action game, u ordered bout 12 people and there were only about 15 bugs total per a freakin mission....thats why the game was closed from the stores after half a year...because it made no money, but i read the reviews on the game on the website, they say the games pretty good if you have a good pc.

i just downloaded a new download manager so i can pause it every now and then, so im downloading it now...its only on 2.35% finished but itll be done evenetually.... only 30 hours left big grin laughing out loud

Thoma5
I don't mind... I loved the idea of starship troopers... The 1st film where you needed about 5 guys to kill one bug, I though that was an enemy! smart enemies can be tactical all they like! but theres nothing like being in the thick of it with too many enemies!

too they guy whos having problems....

When was the last time you updated your graphics drivers... what version of Direct X have you got? Have you updated ur windoes?? does your spec meet the min requirements....

I'm sorry but that txt told me nothing... just too much to wade though...

I dun update window and my direct x is 9.0C...My com is Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz, ~2.4GHz,256MB RAM,graphic card NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 64MB and I update my window n graphic card end of last yr aroudn tat...

Hit_and_Miss
the movie is just like that too, theres tons of bugs man, that made it better....the older starship troopers was like a 3rd person action game, u ordered bout 12 people and there were only about 15 bugs total per a freakin mission....thats why the game was closed from the stores after half a year...because it made no money, but i read the reviews on the game on the website, they say the games pretty good if you have a good pc.

you miss understand me.... Theres not suppose to be that many bugs... they put u in a base with 20 other guys then they can send 100 bugs at you....

they then send you on a mission on your own.... then send 200 bugs a you when you get there... its there way of ending the demo... instead of letting you complete the lvl

I own the original starship troopers game... i think i was one of the few people to actualy enjoy it. there was more then 15 bugs per lvl....

DarkC
you miss understand me.... Theres not suppose to be that many bugs... they put u in a base with 20 other guys then they can send 100 bugs at you....

they then send you on a mission on your own.... then send 200 bugs a you when you get there... its there way of ending the demo... instead of letting you complete the lvl
You haven't seen the movie, have you? They're handing it to us easy.

crazy_shadow
70.43% finished with the download...hehe....

I own the original starship troopers game... i think i was one of the few people to actualy enjoy it. there was more then 15 bugs per lvl....

i played the older one of the game, it wasnt anything like the movie...there werent enough bugs with the ammount of troopers you controlled...in the movie there were tons with so little ammount of toopers. there were about 20 troopers in the movie in a little base and about 2k bugs right outside the walls, they killed a lot but not even most of them and had to call for backup before getting slaughtered.

besides the end of the demo...so? every game has a screwed up ending to a demo lol. it's more and likely gonna be a lot better in the full version because you get more things in the real game then the demo

Hit_and_Miss
I would the game to be like the movie and have 2k of bugs running at you....

on 2 conditions....
1) The system can actually handle showing 2k of bugs....
2) The lvls are actually completeble.... I mean image HL where u went into a room and then all of a sudden 200 head crabs jumped in... theres no way you would win.... I wouldn't mind if the aim of the lvl was to run away from the 2k of bugs....

crazy_shadow
well the demo is only one mission, and the fullversion will have many more you know O.O

Hit_and_Miss
really???? I didn't know that......wow....

Smasandian

besides the end of the demo...so? every game has a screwed up ending to a demo lol. it's more and likely gonna be a lot better in the full version because you get more things in the real game then the demo

Yeah, sure.
Even a kick ass gun wouldnt be able to beat that thing. The only thing I can think of is if a dropship picked you up, just when you get attacked.
If that happened, it would be some kick ass gameplay.
But it looks like it wont be like that.
Really, there isnt anything special about this game at all. Nothing. The only thing it has going for it is that its from a cult film.
It doesnt look like it will be great, probably be in the same category as Area 51 game.

crazy_shadow
well the downloads complete, time to put my opinion after i play...gtg school in 30 min soo ill have to tell ya guys when i get back from school

crazy_shadow
hmm i can play games without ever jerking....unless im online and it lags because of my internet connection (56k) no expression

i haev a 256mb video card so i shouldnt have any jerky problems...and a 2.6 ghz....plenty of pc room too....im good O.O i cant download the demo cuz its too big for my dialup...itll take like 3-4 days embarrasment by the way....ment to say 1.6 lol

well heres wat it came out...i cant play because of the requirements, as we all know the minimum requirements never work!! if you guys read the read - me...

Recommended: 3.0ghz CPU, 1Gb RAM, GeForce 6800 or Radeon X800 , DirectX 9.0c, 600mb free hard drive space, Windows XP ONLY, DirectX compatible PCI soundcard.

Minimum: 2.0ghz CPU, 512mb RAM, GeForce FX5900 or Radeon 9800 , DirectX 9.0c, 600mb free hard drive space, Windows XP ONLY.

3 ghz and 1mb ram!! only thing i got in here is the radeon 9800 which is 256mb....dude i only got 512mb ram and 1.6 ghz, imma have to update a bit here!!

crazy_shadow
ok if u think the game is bad...and its jerky ur computer isnt good enough, cuz go to this folder on ur computer...

C: \Program Files\Strangelite\Starship Troopers Demo\ArtAssets\Globals\UserInterface

if it's the same area of where u installed the game, click on the video thats called demo_exit

thats how smooth the game is supposed to run if your computer is good....i just watched that and i decided imma buy the game and keep it untill i get my computer up to date on the game lol!

StinkFist462
spose i could download the demo.

StinkFist462
HORRIBLE HORRIBLE DEMO.

crazy_shadow
Originally posted by StinkFist462
HORRIBLE HORRIBLE DEMO. y wat happen

StinkFist462
it was utter crap. slow loading times. delayed responses. dumb AI. horrible sound. it was shite in its purest form.

crazy_shadow
it was utter crap. slow loading times. delayed responses. dumb AI. horrible sound. it was shite in its purest form. i had perfect sounds, im just guessin u dont have the supported needs, go to that folder that i said up there ^^ itll show u how the real gameplay is when your computer is on the up to date thing.

StinkFist462
my game ran perfectly. i have a very good computer. the sound in general was just lame. there was no problems. it was just lame.

crazy_shadow
my game ran perfectly. i have a very good computer. the sound in general was just lame. there was no problems. it was just lame. only problem i had was the graphics cuz i dont have enough ghz or mb ram, but the sound ran good on mine, i heard everythin good. and its just a demo, all demos suck really. ive never seen a good game demo -.-

Hit_and_Miss
the video looks good... but the games are never as good.

The demo was lame... mainly cause it doesn't show anything good about the game...

Smasandian
the video looks good... but the games are never as good.

The demo was lame... mainly cause it doesn't show anything good about the game...

So true. Video's dont meant shit when it comes down too it.
Stinkfest is right. The game sucks.
It has all the typical generic FPS settings.
a) crappy scripted events - check
b) crappy guns with second feature - check
c) same repetitive gameplay - check
d) if taken from a movie, show footage of the movie to pass of as actually plot - check
e) weak sounding gun sounds, horrible voiceacting, and pretty crappy programming (for a game that is) - check

I cant see this being any good. It has bland environments, and the bugs are nearly varied enough to actually change the type of gameplay. ( I know that they'res more but really, they just charge at you, nothing else, and some fly, but still its the same thing)

Like I said before, it probably be as good as Area 51. It probalby fun to play for a bit, but not nearly enough to come close to some like FEAR.

crazy_shadow
Originally posted by Smasandian
So true. Video's dont meant shit when it comes down too it.
Stinkfest is right. The game sucks.
It has all the typical generic FPS settings.
a) crappy scripted events - check
b) crappy guns with second feature - check
c) same repetitive gameplay - check
d) if taken from a movie, show footage of the movie to pass of as actually plot - check
e) weak sounding gun sounds, horrible voiceacting, and pretty crappy programming (for a game that is) - check

I cant see this being any good. It has bland environments, and the bugs are nearly varied enough to actually change the type of gameplay. ( I know that they'res more but really, they just charge at you, nothing else, and some fly, but still its the same thing)

Like I said before, it probably be as good as Area 51. It probalby fun to play for a bit, but not nearly enough to come close to some like FEAR.

whoever said it was supposed to be a scary game... and yeah of course they just charge at you, do you think their gonna go "hey bud" and shoot somethin at you? lol

the demo for doom 3 sucked ass too, but when i got the real game, i was addicted for about 4 months straight, and i still play every now and then. same with diablo 2, demo sux, then the game i played for 3 YEARS straight. demo's suck, just face it

Hit_and_Miss
I loved everything about starship troopers since the first movie.. I even kinda liked the second... I loved the video game that everyone hated.. I liked the look of the game... But it just feels wrong.. I wana be a ruff neck, Not a maruder.. I want bugs filling up the screen with the real fear I might die in a sec, not laughting at them being stuck at a metal wall. The game just felt wrong.. They really need to step it up if there going to bring the experience that I expect from a game baised on a cult movie...

Maybe thats the problem.... Don't do cult movie games....

crazy_shadow
I loved everything about starship troopers since the first movie.. I even kinda liked the second... I loved the video game that everyone hated.. I liked the look of the game... But it just feels wrong.. I wana be a ruff neck, Not a maruder.. I want bugs filling up the screen with the real fear I might die in a sec, not laughting at them being stuck at a metal wall. The game just felt wrong.. They really need to step it up if there going to bring the experience that I expect from a game baised on a cult movie...

Maybe thats the problem.... Don't do cult movie games.... i didnt like the 2nd movie too well, not enough action like the first. the first movie i fell in love with LOL laughing out loud

Smasandian
whoever said it was supposed to be a scary game... and yeah of course they just charge at you, do you think their gonna go "hey bud" and shoot somethin at you? lol

the demo for doom 3 sucked ass too, but when i got the real game, i was addicted for about 4 months straight, and i still play every now and then. same with diablo 2, demo sux, then the game i played for 3 YEARS straight. demo's suck, just face it

Who said anything about it being scary?

They're nothing wrong with charging enemies. For example, the ant lions in HL2 (complete rip offs from starship troopers), were awesome because they charged. But the difference is that that was only 2-3 hours of an 20 hour game.
The problem of this game, is that this will be the entire game. I dont know about you, but having the same bug but with different colours charge at you for hours, will get boring.
Also, if this is from the movie, the areas of the game will get boring also. Seeing the same rock formation, colour and cliffs for the entire game will get boring. (Due to the fact that its based on a movie that has the majority of battles on land and in caves, I cant really see that it wont be like this)

Yeah, demo's usually dont show all the game, but it shows whats its capable of. But the problems with this demo isnt that they showed a bad level or something, the problems are more than that. Hit or Miss is correct, the same fear people have from watching the movie is completly different from the game.
The part on where you get attacked by the bugs at the outpost was ridiculous. They're was nothign hard about it. You sat there and shoot at them while the bump into each other.

crazy_shadow
Originally posted by Smasandian
Who said anything about it being scary?

They're nothing wrong with charging enemies. For example, the ant lions in HL2 (complete rip offs from starship troopers), were awesome because they charged. But the difference is that that was only 2-3 hours of an 20 hour game.
The problem of this game, is that this will be the entire game. I dont know about you, but having the same bug but with different colours charge at you for hours, will get boring.
Also, if this is from the movie, the areas of the game will get boring also. Seeing the same rock formation, colour and cliffs for the entire game will get boring. (Due to the fact that its based on a movie that has the majority of battles on land and in caves, I cant really see that it wont be like this)

Yeah, demo's usually dont show all the game, but it shows whats its capable of. But the problems with this demo isnt that they showed a bad level or something, the problems are more than that. Hit or Miss is correct, the same fear people have from watching the movie is completly different from the game.
The part on where you get attacked by the bugs at the outpost was ridiculous. They're was nothign hard about it. You sat there and shoot at them while the bump into each other. yeah but think of it this way the full version if it is just like the movie, you'll be going threw bug tunnels, defendin that base, running on the field, and the game cant be THAT short so their probably gonna end up taking more. i was reading the review it said that part of the game takes 10 years ahead of the 2nd movie

Hit_and_Miss
Would you like to know more???

Smasandian
All those things you mention have already been done.
Bug tunnels = office corridors

All those levels sound boring. From the demo, running of the field will look the same, like both of the movies.

Hit_and_Miss
I hope its better then whats coming across...

what would improve it??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.