If you were Galactus who would you pick to be a Herald Superman or Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Debate.

masterbruce
Superman, easily

I would give him power cosmic, which enhances his already amazing abilities exponentially, and elminating his weaknesses to kryptonite and magic...Superman would easily be my strongest herald, far beyond what Surfer ever attained

I would garb him in a sleek black uniform witha red S and no cape

he would be a freaking cool-looking badass that would strike fear in all who dare oppose Galactus

golem370
Yeah but Thor is just as powerful durable and with that belt lifts twice as much as he usally does also he got the God Force power and God of Thunder Powers.

Draco69
That's nice. It's just that Superman has far more versatility than Thor. Amplify that with the power cosmic, and you get Superman 1 Million times five.

golem370
What versatility?

Draco69
Superspeed. Heat vision. Superbreath. Soul Vision. X-Ray vision...need I go on?

In a crossover, Superman was called something akin to The Kryptonian as a herald of Galactus. And he was MAD powerful

pr1983
Not including the fact that supes would rather die than be a slave to anyone... stick out tongue

Superman...

golem370
Intelligence: Above Normal (5/10)
Strength: Superhuman Class 100 (11/12)
Speed: Superhuman (6/10)
Flight Speed: Unrevealed, probably Escape Velocity (9/12)
Stamina: Godlike (9/10)
Durability: Metahuman (9/14)
Agility: Superhuman (6/7)
Reflexes: Superhuman (6/7)
Fighting Skills: Trained in Asgardian arts of war, highly skilled hand-to-hand combatant, proficient with most Asgardian weaponry, highly skilled in the use of his hammer
Special Skills/Abilities: Due to his life as Don Blake, Thor possesses considerable knowledge and expertise in medicine.
Superhuman physical powers: Aside from the above listed attributes, an extremely long life span and immunity to all Earthly diseases
Superhuman Mental Powers: Control over his hammer, Mjolnir. Although Thor traditionally employed Mjolnir to command the powers of the storm, he could also generate such power himself. As the Lord of Asgard, Thor possessed the Odinpower, which enabled him to tap into near-infinite resources of cosmic and mystical power

golem370
The Hammer is more then a match for heat vision Superbreath. Soul Vision. X-Ray vision

golem370
Thor is to skilled in fighting and has the Hammer he is immortal

eleveninches
Superman. Easily

olympian
Thor.

He has versability kind of the same the same way. And the firepower he brings to the table its higher and so its the experience.

long pig
Superman is more versatile than Thor? I would argue the opposite.

Thor's hammer has shown to be able to:

Teleport
Travel at FTL speeds
Manipulate Matter on a pretty large scale
Manipulate Time on a large scale
Create forceblasts
Control Cosmic/Earth Weather to a massive degree
Create Force Fields
Odin Force

A lot of other shit that really doesn't get used a lot, and that's just his hammer.

I'd much rather have Thor, because Thor would help close the gap on the magic weakness that all the heralds and Galactus himself has.

Strange & Surfer have shown how powerful you can be when you mix cosmic/magic together.

ImmortalOne
What if Kryptonian Genes and Power Cosmik ............ combine !!!!
What if Odin Force and Power Cosmik .................. combine !!!!

Hell, if I were Galan, Id make the two fight each other to death, take the winner as a herald !!!

Laminator_X
Thor. Why? Thor could more easily come around to the idea that the destruction of these worlds was part of the order and destiny of the Universe. Each their own Ragnarok that could not be avoided. Thor would understand that Galactus is like a storm.

masterbruce
laminator, pretty good reason

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by long pig
Superman is more versatile than Thor? I would argue the opposite.

Thor's hammer has shown to be able to:

Teleport
Travel at FTL speeds
Manipulate Matter on a pretty large scale
Manipulate Time on a large scale
Create forceblasts
Control Cosmic/Earth Weather to a massive degree
Create Force Fields
Odin Force

A lot of other shit that really doesn't get used a lot, and that's just his hammer.

I'd much rather have Thor, because Thor would help close the gap on the magic weakness that all the heralds and Galactus himself has.

Strange & Surfer have shown how powerful you can be when you mix cosmic/magic together.

Agreed. Id rather give Thor the power cosmic. Having experience with wielding and manipulating cosmic energies already and with his own mystical abilities i just feel he would be a more powerful, more versatile herald. We've already seen Supes with the power cosmic (The Kryptonian) a cosmically enhanced Thor would no doubt be more impressive.

Bardock42
Originally posted by pr1983
Not including the fact that supes would rather die than be a slave to anyone... stick out tongue

Superman...

Yeah...except for Brainiac, Poison Ivy, and whoever else tells him that he now is their slave.....still Superman...maybe he'd get cooler...who knows.

Ultimate Ion
Thor definitely. This guy suffers from PIS more than The Flash and Green Lantern put together. If you actually look at his actual powerlist, half the people that give him trouble should be about 20 levels below him.

golem370
Did he not one time open a Time portal when Korvac tried to blow him away?

DigiMark007
Longshot...he's become my answer for almost every other thread I post on.

Boost the luck powers around 1000x and Galactus will find an energy planet to feed him forever while uber-hot space babes give him cosmic massages.

Creshosk
I'm going to have to agree with Digimark here, win win all around.

the other two?

Do you seriously want to give either of these two over to Galactus?

Scoobless
he'd have to pick Superman..... because if he took Thor, Odin and all his Sky Father buddies would beat the crap out of him

golem370
Not likely

ScarletSpider
Were I Galactus, I'd pick Thor. His storm powers, amped by the power cosmic, could allow him to completely wreck a planet's bio-system. That would leave the molten core alone, and ready for Galactus to devour, but it would keep most of the people busy and they wouldn't be able to mount any sort of offensive.

golem370
bump

LethalFemme
I'm gonna go with Supes Thor's kinda eh looking.erm

Validus
Originally posted by LethalFemme
I'm gonna go with Supes Thor's kinda eh looking.erm
laughing out loud

LethalFemme
Originally posted by Validus
laughing out loud

He is though.tongue12

aton_ra
If were talking pre-crisis superman (especially pre-crisis kal-el) the i say superman.

If were saying post-crisis then i say Thor.

marvelprince
Thor because his powers could in a sense bring Galactus' power full circle. Imagine the power cosmic and magic. They complement each other in a way and yet are so different that they would be perfect together

roughrider
I don't know what the big deal is, about Galactus choosing a super-powered charcter as a herald. His most powerful herald - Silver Surfer - was a completely normal being before. So was Firelord and Gabriel. Terrax had some power, but is considered the lower tier.

MJOILNIR
Given the wide range of power Thor has shown in the past (mostly with mjolnir, I know) he has more versatility than Supes, easily. Teleportation, Time travel, energy manipulation on a huge scale ect. the idea that supes is as versatile is just silly. Besides as stated already Thor already has more of a natural mindset for such a thing and his powers would be a better match for the power cosmic.

batdude123
Superman

outarddwarf
I as galactus would take Superman, not because he is more powerful than thor but because he is an alien and that is where galactus always pulls his heralds. They are aliens from a far away most likely now extinct planet. oh, and he has done it to superman already.

UltimateStryfe
thor. look what Beta Ray Bill did to the last herald. nuff said

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Draco69
Superspeed. Heat vision. Superbreath. Soul Vision . X-Ray vision...need I go on?

In a crossover, Superman was called something akin to The Kryptonian as a herald of Galactus. And he was MAD powerful
embarrasment Im sorry I dont follow Superman to closely, WHat is this "Soul Vision" u guys talking about?

batdude123
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
embarrasment Im sorry I dont follow Superman to closely, WHat is this "Soul Vision" u guys talking about?

http://img432.imageshack.us/img432/5134/supessoul4pi.jpg

olympian
Thor.

grey fox
Supes.

Reason - If Superman goes rouge he has at least a few weaknesses to throw at him , Thor on the other hand has actually made Galactus FEAR.

Soujaboy
Since when did Superman become more versatile than Thor?

Sea King
easy id pick superman because he would have to take orders from me cool

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by batdude123
http://img432.imageshack.us/img432/5134/supessoul4pi.jpg

Thanks BatDude, R they making new powers for Supes as they go?

Accel
Originally posted by Soujaboy
Since when did Superman become more versatile than Thor?
He's not rally. Thor used to pull out more powers out of his as than Pre-Crisis Supes did.

Skeets
Thor was his Herald in a What if? issue I have.

Rewmac
Can't think. But Superman became my childhood hero ages ago so I suppose him. He is classic to me. But on the other hand I like Thor too...Damn...

Inhuman
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
R they making new powers for Supes as they go?

it would seem so roll eyes (sarcastic)

Fanboy
Hey here is a good Idea lets pick both. I always hear how much of a bad ass team they would make.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Inhuman
it would seem so roll eyes (sarcastic)

Do you remember the good ole days when Supes could only lift cars, runs as fast as trains, and leap tall buildings in single bounds? meh now he's clearing galaxies in single bounds. What a shame roll eyes (sarcastic)

Validus
Do you remember the good ole days when Supes could only lift cars, runs as fast as trains, and leap tall buildings in single bounds? meh now he's clearing galaxies in single bounds. What a shame roll eyes (sarcastic)
I doubt either of you remembers 1938 and a Thor fan complaining about someone getting power ups reeks of irony and hypocrisy.

Soujaboy
I doubt either of you remembers 1938 and a Thor fan complaining about someone getting power ups reeks of irony and hypocrisy.

no expression Thor has received 2 power ups in the last 40+ years, and his were actually explained through well written story's, not just given because Marvel wanted him to be the "best character".

So please tell me what your talking about?

Validus
no expression Thor has had 2 power ups in the last 40+ years, and his were actually explained through a story, not just given because Marvel wanted him to be the "best character".

So please explain to me "all" the power ups Thor has received?
Two massive power ups in 2-3 years time.

"Soul vision" is useless and will probably never be seen again and hardly warrants any type of whiny comment such as yours above.

Soujaboy
Two massive power ups in 2-3 years time.

"Soul vision" is useless and will probably never be seen again and hardly warrants any type of whiny comment such as yours above.

Ok so 2 massive power ups in his 40+ year history, and they were well written and thought out. He didn't just get new power ups every other comic just because the writer could do so.

Skeets
no expression Thor has received 2 power ups in the last 40+ years, and his were actually explained through well written story's, not just given because Marvel wanted him to be the "best character".

So please tell me what your talking about?
Why do you think they got rid of Thor in the first place.The guy got to powerful now there gonna bring him back to his classic power level.Every character who gets to powerful gets killed,is hardly seen or is used for a plot device.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Skeets
Why do you think they got rid of Thor in the first place.The guy got to powerful now there gonna bring him back to his classic power level.Every character who gets to powerful gets killed,is hardly seen or is used for a plot device.

why are you telling me this? I know that he will be back to normal power lv's, it would just be nice to read more about RTK.

Skeets
why are you telling me this? I know that he will be back to normal power lv's, it would just be nice to read more about RTK.
Nah supes doesn't get power ups he just gets new powers which are just plot induced in the first place.Supes used soul vision once and he'll rarely use T-vo unless the plot calls for it.

Edit: you edited your post...laughing

xmarksthespot
Conner has just nearly killed the other Teen Titans. He's afraid he's a soul-less monster clone...
It was a one time thing.. I too don't see why there's a need to get all whiny about it. It's a ridiculous power.. but who cares?

How many one-time powers have a whole bunch of other characters incl. Thor displayed?

Validus
Ok so 2 massive power ups in his 40+ year history, and they were well written and thought out. He didn't just get new power ups every other comic just because the writer could do so.
Quit exaggerating. For all these wonderful power ups Superman has had, his powerset is still the same as it was since 1950 when Heat Vision was introduced. You know, the good old days? Only difference is he's actually less powerful today than he was in 1950.

Soujaboy
Nah supes doesn't get power ups he just gets new powers which are just plot induced in the first place.Supes used soul vision once and he'll rarely use T-vo unless the plot calls for it.

Edit: you edited your post...laughing

shifty yes i did.

This is the reason I don't like Supes, he just gets new powers when he needs them. He has the best adaptation power there is.

Validus
shifty yes i did.

This is the reason I don't like Supes, he just gets new powers when he needs them. He has the best adaptation power there is.
Mjolnir anyone? The Marvel.com bio for Thor describes the weapon as follows.

Yet over time, Mjolnir has displayed the following abilities

Transmutation
Shields
Reversing energy polarities
Transmigration of souls
Speeding up healing
Erasing memories
Causing one to sleep
Can track evil (WTF?)
Can increase vitality
Anti-Matter particles
Alpha Particles
Interdimensional Energy
Crowd manipulation
Invisibility/Intangibility
Magnetism
Anti Gravity
The "Essence of Light"
Supernatural abilities

Hell of alot better than Super Weaving, wouldn't you say?

Soujaboy
Mjolnir anyone? The Marvel.com bio for Thor describes the weapon as follows.

Yet over time, Mjolnir has displayed the following abilities

Transmutation
Shields
Reversing energy polarities
Transmigration of souls
Speeding up healing
Erasing memories
Causing one to sleep
Can track evil (WTF?)
Can increase vitality
Anti-Matter particles
Alpha Particles
Interdimensional Energy
Crowd manipulation
Invisibility/Intangibility
Magnetism
Anti Gravity
The "Essence of Light"
Supernatural abilities

Hell of alot better than Super Weaving, wouldn't you say?

Yet that list doesn't stop you from believing that Thor can defeat Superman. What a shame that with all those power Thor decided to throw his hammer instead of using it to kill Superman. I guess that's what happens when you face Superman, you forget all your powers.

Validus
Yet that list doesn't stop you from believing that Thor can defeat Superman. What a shame that with all those power Thor decided to throw his hammer instead of using it to kill Superman. I guess that's what happens when you face Superman, you forget all your powers.
And now the truth comes out! Two years after the fact and Thor fans are STILL pissed about JLA/Avengers. laughing out loud

Soujaboy
And now the truth comes out! Two years after the fact and Thor fans are STILL pissed about JLA/Avengers. laughing out loud

That comic shouldn't even be canon. Two years ago Thor was sleep, and or was at King Thor/RTK lv's, yet he appeared different in that comic.

Validus
That comic shouldn't even be canon. Two years ago Thor was sleep, and or was at King Thor/RTK lv's, yet he appeared different in that comic.
Two years ago, Aquaman was not a member of the JLA nor did he have a hook hand and Kyle Rayner was not in his rookie phase either.

Soujaboy
Two years ago, Aquaman was not a member of the JLA nor did he have a hook hand and Kyle Rayner was not in his rookie phase either.

Like I said, it shouldn't be cannon.

Validus
Like I said, it shouldn't be cannon.
Something tells me you wouldn't mind if Thor had won. It's kind of funny that after JLA/Avengers #1, I couldn't find a single comics forum that didn't have the image of Mjolnir colliding with Kal's head posted a million times though after #2 it was deemed a terrible crossover.

Soujaboy
Something tells me you wouldn't mind if Thor had won. It's kind of funny that after JLA/Avengers #1, I couldn't find a single comics forum that didn't have the image of Mjolnir colliding with Kal's head posted a million times though after #2 it was deemed a terrible crossover.

Something tells me that you wouldn't be so happy if the tables were turned and Superman was at the losing end of the fight.

Validus
Something tells me that you wouldn't be so happy if the tables were turned and Superman was at the losing end of the fight.
My favorite DC character (Kyle Rayner) was almost defeated by Wonder Man of all people so don't try that game with me. wink

Skeets
My favorite DC character (Kyle Rayner) was almost defeated by Wonder Man of all people so don't try that game with me. wink
I thought your favorite was john stewart.....herb

Validus
I thought your favorite was john stewart.....herb
Was John even in JLA/Avengers? Even more reason for me to be pissed off. laughing out loud

Soujaboy

What does that have to do with you not being so happy if Superman would have lost that fight?

Validus
What does that have to do with you not being so happy if Superman would have lost that fight?
When it comes down to it, I don't care about the outcome of any fight. I read comics because I enjoy them, not so I can gloat about my favorite characters latest victory on the Vs forum.

Besides, who said I was happy about it? I don't like JLA/Avengers.

Skeets
When it comes down to it, I don't care about the outcome of any fight. I read comics because I enjoy them, not so I can gloat about my favorite characters latest victory on the Vs forum.

Besides, who said I was happy about it? I don't like JLA/Avengers.
The only ones who really like it are the die hard supes fans *coughSnoopcough*you know how many times he's posted that supes dials 11 blah blah scan...laughing

Inhuman
god of thunder + power cosmic = Galactus's better choice
Supes +power cosmic = uber powerful but still with some of his weaknesses.

golem370
I want to add another character because even thou these guys are great the willingness to be a Herald of Galactus. How about Count Nefaria or Kurse

golem370
Well here another thing with Thor being a Herald he would not need a Hammer... or if he had one it could be like Firelords staff,Morg Axe,Silver Surfer board

NoFate007
Mxyzptlk. Lol.

jumpmann
dials...11....where's the picture

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.