what characters have beaten magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rox
i know someone has beaten him

Creshosk
Originally posted by rox
i know someone has beaten him Professor Xavier. . .

rox
Originally posted by Creshosk
Professor Xavier. . .

besides him. professor x can beat almost anyone

wolvie'sgirl
All of the X-men combined have beet him without Prof's help. *read a book*

havok801125
Rogue probably "beat" him....in AOA.....but probably not in the way you mean

Marvelgeek
Originally posted by havok801125
Rogue probably "beat" him....in AOA.....but probably not in the way you mean Seems like the first time she gets to touch someone BOM pregnant. roll eyes (sarcastic)

rox
Originally posted by wolvie'sgirl
All of the X-men combined have beet him without Prof's help. *read a book*

i am talking about individually

willRules
Well wolverine has stabbed him but it was poor writing cos realistically speaking he would have got nowhere near him...........

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by willRules
Well wolverine has stabbed him but it was poor writing cos realistically speaking he would have got nowhere near him...........

I believe he was knocked unconscious then. wink

stormfront13
storm came very, very, very, very, very close to beating him twice.

Creshosk
Originally posted by willRules
Well wolverine has stabbed him but it was poor writing cos realistically speaking he would have got nowhere near him........... Unless it was a sucker punch. . . *shrugs*

In a mutually hostile fight, Wolverine stands no chance against Magneto without circumstance.

GreenFist
Originally posted by stormfront13
storm came very, very, very, very, very close to beating him twice.

I thought Storm did beat him

life is cruell
Come to think of it im not sure any X-man alone has ever beaten him.

rox
someone just told me storm beat him

willRules
Originally posted by Creshosk
Unless it was a sucker punch. . . *shrugs*

In a mutually hostile fight, Wolverine stands no chance against Magneto without circumstance.

i agree

willRules
By the way shouldn't this be in the q & a thread?

stormfront13
i"ve never seen storm beat magneto alone, you have the issue number?

radioboy121
She got close in I believe Uncanny X-Men 150 when she almost suffocated him, but Magneto threw Colossus at her to get out of that. I can't think of one of the X-Men that have truly succeeded, but in the X-Men line, the Stranger took him as nothing (but that doesn't count).

stormfront13
yeah, she came close twice. well........kinda 3 times.

1)he was sleeping and she had a knife. she told herself she wouldn't kill, and he woke up when she put the knife down. yeah, I know they didn't fight in this one, but still......she could have killed him.

2)she almost knocked him unconsious by causing a blizzard. she didn't know cold made him stronger though. she thought he was dying so she stopped the attack. he was close to unconsiouness

3)she suffocated him by switching the air pressure. he threw colossus at her though and her attantion was divided. she evaded colossus(i think, he may have hit her) and she continued the attack. he then took control of the lightning, tripled it's power, and sent it through her whole body. she was fighting the ligthning, while still suffocating magneto, and she finally gave up.

GreenFist
Does anyone know if they did the comic book to X-men 2

Disappear
she only thought she was killing him. the blizzard didn't hurt magneto except in a psychosomatic sense. that doesn't really count. that's like me saying "i almost toasted my pop tart by putting it in the freezer."

anyway, magneto tore up the entire team in that issue, and mesmero, and flew everyone transcontinental in an abandoned railroad car. at least i think it was a railroad car, i don't quite remember. that one don't count...

magneto could kill storm in an instant if he wanted to. an instant. there's really no way around it.

stormfront13
according to claremont and the cheif editor at marvel, storm had almost killed him. they both said it. yeah, now magneto can kill basically all of the x-men in an instant, but the thread title doesn't say who could beat magneto now, it says who has ever beaten magneto, and storm has come close 2 times, maybe 3 depending on how you look at it.

pr1983
Originally posted by GreenFist
Does anyone know if they did the comic book to X-men 2

they did, i have it... it was ok, nothing special...

Disappear
of course claremont said she almost killed him, because claremont likes to play make believe with his favorite characters. he did even back when he was considered a decent writer. regardless of what they say, turning magneto into a living superconductor and effectively letting him destroy the x-men (in terms of the fight) isn't what anyone would consider "beating" him. except, perhaps, extra-devout fans of the losing character.

stormfront13
claremont wasn't the only one who said it, you are also forgetting the cheif-editor at marvel. turning him into a superconductor apparently hurt him. he was in pain until the attack stopped and he had a moments rest.

Disappear
and yet he still whomped the life out of the x-men, including storm. sure sounds like a near-miss to me...

stormfront13
after he had been powered up, and I never said she fully beat him, I said she has come close twice, closer than a lot of the other x-men have

Disappear
not closer than wolverine, not closer than cyclops, if we're crediting single characters for a final blow struck after a team fought magneto. that's pretty much what you're giving storm credit for, after all.

stormfront13
not really, it was sorms blizzard that almost killed him, and it was storms pressure affecting that almost suffocated magneto

Creshosk
Originally posted by Disappear
"i almost toasted my pop tart by putting it in the freezer." Freezer burn? shifty

Disappear
it was storm's blizzard that almost killed him? if by "almost killed" you mean empowered him enough to knock her out, then take out nightcrawler, banshee, cyclops, phoenix and wolverine, you're correct. if not, you're lying to yourself.

and her blizzard came AFTER magneto flew a circus cart at mach ten to antarctica, guided mesmero to the ground several hundred miles away, tore a hole through an active volcano, deactivated and activated his under-volcano lair's defense system, exploded the wagon, and took a shot from cyclops. single-handedly, storm could do NOTHING to magneto. she's hardly done a thing to him as part of a team.

and cresh, that made me chuckle.

stormfront13
would you stop lying to yourself. hardly done anything to him even with a team? since you clearly won't believe the blizzard thing, then what about the time she almost syffocated him. stoirm was the only one affecting him out of the whole team.

Disappear
near-suffocation. near-death due to asphyxiation. two entirely different things. your words imply mags could still breathe and operate. and please dont use my own words, grammatically altered, on me.

fact is, storm hasn't done anything to magneto that magneto couldn't get out of. few mutants or other super-beings have. thus, she hasn't beaten him. in my opinion, she hasn't come close. as to the topic at hand, who has beaten magneto, storm has not. thus, there's no point in including her in the thread to begin with.

and lastly, of course i don't agree with your blizzard thing. i could come close to beating a diseased, one-armed war vet, but that doesn't make me a strong person. storm's blizzard was one of a dozen trials magneto overcame in one issue, in one fight. hell, in that issue, phoenix came closer to beating magneto than storm did. you can't argue against that logic.

stormfront13
basically none of the x-men have beaten magneto one-on-one so the logical thing is to talk about who came close, and the comics prove storm has. you can twict the words all you want, but the fact is still that storm has come closer than others at beating him with no outside help or influences.

King KAM
Legion, Collosus, Xavier, Wolverine didnt beat him because of bad writing, it was out of a beatiful teamwork, go read the issue again, that shit was a masterpiece.

Disappear
have you even read the issue you're invoking? no outside help or influences? magneto went through a veritable gauntlet, of which storm was in the MIDDLE, and came out on top at the end. she didn't come as close to stopping him as phoenix (by magneto's own admission,) and she really only wound up making him stronger. there's no twisting of words there. it's straight out of the comic. if you can reread it and point out exactly where i'm making my mistake, i will concede. otherwise, storm hasn't done jack.

who's come closer to beating magneto than storm? phoenix, wolverine, cortez, cyclops (though it was xorneto.) four off the top of my head.

stormfront13
phoenix wasn't even in the issue that I'm talking about. and by stan-lee, the cheif editor at marvel, and claremoint, they all listed storm as one of the x-men who is capable of beating magneto.

Disappear
the blizzard issue? uncanny x-men 112? $47.50 at my local comic shop? yeah, phoenix is in there. you point out which issue you're talking about with this 'near-suffocation' thing, and we'll talk.

the fact still remains that storm has never beaten magneto, and has never done anything to him that he hasn't bounced back from. and i'll stake my 13,000 dollars saved up for my first year of college that she will never, ever defeat magneto. not once, ever. first, because stan lee has ZERO say in what happens in marvel comics anymore, and second, because claremont couldn't possibly explain any way of storm beating magneto, particularly how he himself has written him recently.

Disappear
nevermind, i looked it up myself. 150, right? where, as soon as she moves the knife to kill him, he senses the local electromagnetic field changing, even while asleep, and wakes up to toss her out the window? wow, he was close to being a goner.

and then the tornado, when he started to lose air. the human body can't possibly go any length of time without air... he threw frickin' colossus at her! moving a mass of metal that large is nothing for magneto, but if he was dying, he'd likely have had some trouble doing it.

NONE OF YOUR EXAMPLES PROVE ANYTHING! she hasn't hurt him. he could've just held his breath and taken as much of a beating. i mean, i understand you like storm, considering the username and the signature, but that alone doesn't make her magneto's equal. stan lee and effin' claremont boasting about all their characters doesn't make storm his equal. if she was his equal, he'd be beaten by now. all logic, and all canon examples, say she's not. she hasn't hurt him. that's just how it is.

stormfront13
yeah, he threw colossus at her, but it didn't take storm down. magneto took control of the lightning in the sky out of desperation.

Disappear
you mean after simply absorbing the lightning she threw at him? he sure seemed scared...

he blew her away with a magnetic burst, and she didnt fall because, of all reasons, her cape caught outside the window. not because she caught herself in time to fly, but because her cape caught outside the window. storm was outclassed from the start of that match.

stormfront13
she didn't expect him to wake up, anyone would have been suprised like that. anyway, it's worthless to debate with you. the cheif editor at marvel still cites storm as one of the x0men ever able to give magneto a run for his money.

pr1983
Originally posted by Disappear
you mean after simply absorbing the lightning she threw at him? he sure seemed scared...

he blew her away with a magnetic burst, and she didnt fall because, of all reasons, her cape caught outside the window. not because she caught herself in time to fly, but because her cape caught outside the window. storm was outclassed from the start of that match.

you're still on this storm shit?

jeez... there isnt an x-man that can go toe to toe with magneto... bar some phoenix influenced member of course...

Disappear
but he still woke up because magneto can sense any flux in the electromagnetic spectrum near or far, with concentration. there was no way for her to get the knife into him.

stan lee, more a figure head these days than anything else, can say all he wants. his words alone dont change the fact that she still hasn't made him "run for his money" for over a few seconds. and, by definition, that's not really running for your money at all.

and, besides joseph and perhaps bishop (depending on the writer,) there're no non-phoenix x-men who could handle mags on their own.

King KAM
The way that Wolverione stabs magneto IS

The were all fighting magneto, magneto thought that he had xavier on a cross somehwere, but secretly while he was busy jean and someother xmen, snuck him off and replaced him witht he dazzler so that no-one would notice he was gone,,(you couldnt tell it wasnt himshe was in disguise) THEN, cyclops and wolverine are the last hope to stop magneto, cyclops shoots a blast at magneto, but misses, and magneto laughs telling him that optic blasts are futile against him, but reall cyclops meant to hit his helmet, which he knocked of magnetos head, because of this before magneto gives him the speech he slings the helmet at cyc hitting him in the gut,and cyclopstopples over on the helmet acting like he is passed out, then it is just wolverine and magneto, magneto tells wolverine that he will do the adamantium extraction to him again only this time he will killim with it, but wolverine denies it saying that hes not afraid, he then lunges at magnus but magnus stops him in the air, and then he begins to extract the adamantium out of wolverine but he realizes he isnt able to, and then he realaizes that he cant even hold wolverine in the air,someone must be controling his powers, when he turns to see that Xavier has been resuced and since he has no helmet on xavier can control his mind, and is shutting off his powers, then he realizes that cyclops never meant to hit him with the blast only to get his helmet off, but magneto laughs at them saying that it doesnt matter because no-one has the heart to kill him and that his goons will come, and that he will prevail no matter what, and then this happens.....

Disappear
often times, parts of magneto's powers will be "forgotten" in order to make a story flow. in this instance, it was more like his powers were changed, giving him an increased control over the visual light in the electromagnetic spectrum while limiting his second sight. so, while it was cool that he turned dazzler's attack back on her, it became somewhat unbelievable when it turned out that her "death" was merely a visual illusion.

anyway, in this fight, it took the combined efforts of cyclops, xavier, dazzler and wolverine to take magneto out, after previous "distractions" from sunpyre, paulie provenzano, hector rendoza, northstar and jean grey. it wasn't a one-on-one fight, and wolverine, essentially, only beat a powerless magneto, who's little more than an average citizen in that pretense. still, he's come closer than most x-men ever have, even in a team situation.

also, dazzler wasn't actually switched with xavier on the cross, but she created a hard-light hologram around herself that mimicked xavier on the cross, while xavier himself was removed by jean. this was the last issue of the Eve of Destruction arc. great story, in my opinion. very reminiscent of the recruitments in giant-sized x-men #1.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.