41st Century Mon-El vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Parallex
Mon-El by the 41 century had already lived in the sun for years and had absorbed so much solar energy that he had become almost God like. He could retain his powers under a Red Sun( as always) and even a black Sun. I also believe that his weakness to lead was gone. How would Superman fare againist this Mon-El.Lemme know what you think. I also found a good read about 41st Century Mon here http://www.ironrodstudio.com/dch/issue.asp?titleid=MONEL

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Parallex
Mon-El by the 41 century had already lived in the sun for years and had absorbed so much solar energy that he had become almost God like. He could retain his powers under a Red Sun( as always) and even a black Sun. I also believe that his weakness to lead was gone. How would Superman fare againist this Mon-El.Lemme know what you think. I also found a good read about 41st Century Mon here http://www.ironrodstudio.com/dch/issue.asp?titleid=MONEL

Its fan fiction my friend smile Its quite good though smile

Parallex
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
Its fan fiction my friend smile Its quite good though smile

Absolutly it is fan fiction and it is good indeed which was why I posted the link for others to be able to make a fair judgement about my question.. My point in this was I see a lot of "What if " or "with a twist" type post, I thought that this Mon-El was an interesting guy and just wondered what chance Supes would have with him. Which kinda seems like a fair question.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Parallex
Absolutly it is fan fiction and it is good indeed which was why I posted the link for others to be able to make a fair judgement about my question.. My point in this was I see a lot of "What if " or "with a twist" type post, I thought that this Mon-El was an interesting guy and just wondered what chance Supes would have with him. Which kinda seems like a fair question.

ok Mon el pre crisi was stronger than superboy pre crisis smile if that helps

The Fake Macoy
How much stronger was Mon-el than superboy? It's one of those things that I've read but I've never seen any examples of it (largely because most of the pre-crisis LoSH comics I've read had Superboy, not Mon-el in them.)

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by The Fake Macoy
How much stronger was Mon-el than superboy? It's one of those things that I've read but I've never seen any examples of it (largely because most of the pre-crisis LoSH comics I've read had Superboy, not Mon-el in them.)

Not much they both moved worlds and appeared almost exactly the same except mon el had the lead serum preventing him having a weakness like Superboy! Both were "vulnerable" but not weak to magic.

The Fake Macoy
So the only real difference physically was that Mon-el had the serum? Other than their respective vulverabilities, currently are Kryptonians and Daxamites equal in power?

Validus
Daxamites are stated to be above Kryptonians. M'Onel is only around 19/20 years old and his powers are comparable to Superman who has been guzzling solar energy for 30 years and had multiple sundips/powerups etc.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Validus
Daxamites are stated to be above Kryptonians. M'Onel is only around 19/20 years old and his powers are comparable to Superman who has been guzzling solar energy for 30 years and had multiple sundips/powerups etc.

Ah but we are talking pre crisis and no feats were seen which really showed them to be above Kryptonians even though it was stated.

Validus
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
Ah but we are talking pre crisis and no feats were seen which really showed them to be above Kryptonians even though it was stated.
Obviously they don't have the feats (nobody does). I'm just going by stated canon which is Post Crisis. In any event, Daxamites are still plenty strong and fast. Ultra Boy, Daxamite level in everything, overpowered Wonder Woman and did so with a smile on his face.

Sir Whirlysplat
Obviously they don't have the feats (nobody does). I'm just going by stated canon which is Post Crisis. In any event, Daxamites are still plenty strong and fast. Ultra Boy, Daxamite level in everything, overpowered Wonder Woman and did so with a smile on his face.

Ultra boy always had that pesky one power at a time problem, he should have felt to much strain most of the time, pesky pis smile

spetznaz

It would be nice if DC could clearly state the level of differences when it comes to power between Kryptonians and Daxamites.

For example when it comes to Thoronites (from the planet Thoron, which also orbited the Krypton solar system ....and from where Hal Kar is from) it is clearly shown that even though they have similar powers to a Kryptonian (or Daxamite for that matter) they are considerably weaker.

However the dichotomy between Kryptonians and Daxamites is open to a whole lot of intepretation.
For one it has been suggested/insinuated by DC that Daxamites might be more powerful.
On the other hand an interuption of solar energy (for instance through lead shielding), or the presence of lead itself, can have fatal results for a Daxamite.

Anyways, it would be interesting to have DC go into deeper detail on this.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by spetznaz
It would be nice if DC could clearly state the level of differences when it comes to power between Kryptonians and Daxamites.

For example when it comes to Thoronites (from the planet Thoron, which also orbited the Krypton solar system ....and from where Hal Kar is from) it is clearly shown that even though they have similar powers to a Kryptonian (or Daxamite for that matter) they are considerably weaker.

However the dichotomy between Kryptonians and Daxamites is open to a whole lot of intepretation.
For one it has been suggested/insinuated by DC that Daxamites might be more powerful.
On the other hand an interuption of solar energy (for instance through lead shielding), or the presence of lead itself, can have fatal results for a Daxamite.

Anyways, it would be interesting to have DC go into deeper detail on this.

Lets be honest I've seen Kryptonians beat Daxamites and vice versa. They all pale before Charles Bronson!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.