Yoda Versus Darth Maul And Vader!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

overlord
Okay, now I've had it with you guy's, I hear all these stories that Yoda is stronger than Vader and I am starting to believe it.. mad

So, can Yoda take on Maul and old robot Vader?

birthoftheforce
yoda is a lot stronger than maul and only slightly stronger than vader(though that is not definitely true as people asume vader is terrible because he was nothin special in the original trilogy and the technology and funding was not good enough to make vader amazing, but through literature and games such as episode 3 we can assume that the battle suit permanently made vader slow.) But from evidence that is most likely to be correct lets say vader is just a bit stronger than maul. i think yoda will lose as he isn't exactly that great against multiple oponents. sure he can defend well against them but not attack. i think it will be close but vader's power plus maul's technique would triumph over yoda

overlord
Yeah, but isn't Yoda pretty fast? Maybe he can fight against multiple opponents!

birthoftheforce
i think that he is fast enough to defend against multiple opponents but attacking them no. i think he leaves himself quite exposed even against one opponent let alone against two

overlord
It will be hard for Maul to fight side by side with Vader though because of the dual lightsaber, Maul needs a lot of room.

birthoftheforce
thats true but they could even fight a bit apart from eachother and so by the time the first one is killed yoda will be weak and tired and will not be able to beat the other

darth-yoda
maul gets killed off pretty quick then its vader figting yoda after a long battle yoda wins but not by much yoda could fight multiple oppents qith his hight and agilerty he is very hard to defeat of even hit vader is slow and maul has a disadvantage with his hight

birthoftheforce
i know but i dont think his speed would help him attack multiple opponents but i am actually completely sketchy on what i said and your way can go easily, its just that i think vader is better than others do for quite a lot of reasons mentioned above.

kamikz
Yoda would kill them both, not with to with to much effort either. Yoda is very good at multiple opponents. Three jedi council masters fought him at the same time an no one was close to hit him. He could take Maul out simply by using the force and he could kill Vader in a sword fight. There was a thread like this but these two against Mace and Mace had a clear victory, and he was second to Yoda.

jollyjim311
maul could only use one side against one opponent
vader and maul would win beacuse vader is stronger than yoda and maul is speedy

Darth_Glentract
Are you talking about physically stronger than Yoda? If you are, I would like to inform you that I am too. Yoda is all about using the force to augment his strength. He could lock sabers with Vader and win. Maul also isn't near as fast as Yoda. Yoda has this.

Darth Somebody
Yoda wins this.

Must I designate this thread with reasons, or is common sense into play?

Se7in
No, common sense is present here. Yoda wins.

Veneficus
No hay sentido comun presente aqui.

General Makashi
Originally posted by kamikz
Yoda would kill them both, not with to with to much effort either. Yoda is very good at multiple opponents. Three jedi council masters fought him at the same time an no one was close to hit him. He could take Maul out simply by using the force and he could kill Vader in a sword fight. There was a thread like this but these two against Mace and Mace had a clear victory, and he was second to Yoda.

Actually Ataru isn't very good against multiple opponentes reason why; Atartu employs acrobatics. While flipping, jumping, or running an Ataru practitioner could get side-swiped or blind-sided. . .but Yoda has been training for 900 years I'm sure he's mastered forms of lightsaber combat other than Ataru. . .but anyways Yoda owns these chumps. . .

Darth L. Dipsit

Veneficus

Darth L. Dipsit
Ooooh, okay! I was looking to find more Latin American members! Haha! You had me fooled!

Veneficus
Originally posted by Darth L. Dipsit
Ooooh, okay! I was looking to find more Latin American members! Haha! You had me fooled!

Lol.

Se7in
lol Are you guys of a Spanish or Latin race?

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by overlord
Yeah, but isn't Yoda pretty fast? Maybe he can fight against multiple opponents!

sadly no, thats why you never see yodaq fight the droids, ataru is not good against more than one person, including droids.

darthsith19

Darth Avis
Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
sadly no, thats why you never see yodaq fight the droids, ataru is not good against more than one person, including droids. Yoda perfers ataru he knows all the forms other then vappad yet he knows jayo

Darth_Glentract
That is from wikipedia and I haven't seen it stated anywhere else that Yoda learned every form.

Darth Avis
yea but he has 850 years with the weapon..... anyone

General Makashi
sadly no, thats why you never see yodaq fight the droids, ataru is not good against more than one person, including droids.

Explain the temple scene. Qui-Gonn Jinn was an Ataru practitioner and he fought droids. . .I know Ataru is poor against multiple opponents but he is 900 years old he's mastered other forms I'm sure. . .

Darth_Glentract
Makashi is weak against mutiple opponents and Dooku was able to defeat Obi-wan and Anakin.

General Makashi
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Makashi is weak against mutiple opponents and Dooku was able to defeat Obi-wan and Anakin.

Makashi isn't weak against multiple opponents blink no expression What the f**k? wher did you get that from?

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract

Multi means 3. So three or more. PLus what are obi wan and anakin compared to dooku?

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by General Makashi
Makashi isn't weak against multiple opponents blink no expression What the f**k? wher did you get that from?

yeh? Makashi is not weaker against more opponents.

Oh and btw yoda rarely uses it against troops, i never said it cant be done, im just saying that he wouldent be able to take as many droids then lets say obi wan or mace.

Nai Fohl

LOL. Sorry...but you can see Yoda deflecting blasterfire from 6 clonetroopers at once before he kills them all before he and Obi-Wan enter the temple in ROTS. That's a fact. So Yoda can deal with multiple opponents and he can do that easily.

And it doesn't matter if he's using Ataru there or something else. He can easily defeat Maul and Vader at once with all his speed, force knowledge and lightsaber training. And that was the topic of the thread...

Kam Solusar
trakata, that is one of yodas forms, only a few masters ever managed to do it. Yoda would own them with it

birthoftheforce
i think it is really close and as i said before people dont actually rate vader at all when i think tha people just think of the vader in the original trilogy and get put off. What i think of Vader once he is put into his suit is that he gains a lot more strength. He gains a lot more strength in the force and he becomes way more disciplined in lightsaber combat and more precise. The onlt skill of his that i think got worse was his speed. The fact that he was the chosen one also shows that Lucas wanted people to know he was extremely strong (as the chosen onein any film is usually the strongest such as neo in matrix)

Veneficus
Originally posted by Kam Solusar
trakata, that is one of yodas forms, only a few masters ever managed to do it. Yoda would own them with it

Trakata? confused

overlord
Of course not, Yoda would do Kamehameha, that is a very secret technique that would pawn them.

birthoftheforce
no i think yoda would stick to ataru> i cant see him just using the force here

kamikz
Originally posted by General Makashi
Actually Ataru isn't very good against multiple opponentes reason why; Atartu employs acrobatics. While flipping, jumping, or running an Ataru practitioner could get side-swiped or blind-sided. . .but Yoda has been training for 900 years I'm sure he's mastered forms of lightsaber combat other than Ataru. . .but anyways Yoda owns these chumps. . .

Yes I know, I never said that Aturu was good against multiple opponents, I said Yoda was.

Nai Fohl

birthoftheforce
yoda uses ataru really well but i dont think he would be able to attack multiple opponents well as he seems to always be at stalemate with others. I also think that 2 opponents would be too much for him and that he would use up his force energy on either maul or vader and have none left. Once his energy is gone he is useless.

Nai Fohl
Originally posted by birthoftheforce
yoda uses ataru really well but i dont think he would be able to attack multiple opponents well as he seems to always be at stalemate with others.

LOL ? Yoda was about to defeat Dooku after 30 seconds of fighting and Dooku is far superior to both Vader and Maul. Yoda would school them badly.

Yoda using up his force energy ? Vader and Maul would both be dead in less than a minute...

birthoftheforce
Thats not true yoda fights in a way that outclasses and tires his opponent like hell but never aims to kill quick. He would tke longer than need onone and might run out by he second oponent. Maul is also underestimated and if he had survived would have been close to dooku(he was able to easily defeat qui gonn). Vader is also underestimated as people just think of the vader in the original trilogy and get put off. What i think of Vader once he is put into his suit is that he gains a lot more strength. He gains a lot more strength in the force and he becomes way more disciplined in lightsaber combat and more precise. The only skill of his that i think got worse was his speed. The fact that he was the chosen one also shows that Lucas wanted people to know he was extremely strong (as the chosen one in any film is usually one of the strongest such as neo in matrix)

Nai Fohl
Thats not true yoda fights in a way that outclasses and tires his opponent like hell but never aims to kill quick.

If he has to he will kill people quick. Watch ROTS again...

He does quite "extreme" acts of force use during the duel with Sidious at the end of ROTS and never is close to "run out of force powers" so most likely we will never see that happen.

Maul was stupid enough to get killed by Padawan Obi-Wan.
Dooku was able to throw Jedi Master Obi-Wan around like a puppet, he was able to use force lightning and he pretty much could "toy" with people (Anakin, Obi-Wan). The only people that would have been able to take Dooku would be Yoda, Mace and maybe Sidious. And Maul was FAR inferior to Sidious. Think about it and then come back to tell me again that Maul is close to Dooku.

And this is just a big pile of BS.

a)
Lucas himself clearly said that Anakin lost 60 % of his force potential when Obi-Wan cut his legs and arm of on Mustafar - how would he become stronger with the force than he was in ROTS ? Evidence states that he is weaker - 80 % (again comment from Lucas) of Sidious and Yoda would outclass Sidious pretty much in a "fair" fight.

b)
He had already an mechanical arm in ROTS - how would he become stronger only because having another mechanical arm ?

c)
More precise in combat ? Maybe...

d)
"Chosen one" theory has nothing to do with this since Vader in suit is not longer Anakin and pre suit Vader wasn't able to kill Obi-Wan who would lose to Yoda every day...

overlord
So? Does Yoda win?

Nai Fohl
Originally posted by overlord
So? Does Yoda win?

Yap. He does...

Admiral Akbar
yes, yoda wins.

overlord
Damn.. I wish the Maul fans were more persistent....

Fishy
Why? Yoda is so much better then those two...

birthoftheforce
firstly nai, yoda has one duel in ROTS with a lightsaber opponent and there is no evidense there to show that he kills people quick. Droids sure but force potentials are a different ball game. And he does do impressive things but achieves nothing just like against tyranus. He does too little in the time that he has and we have never seen him in a long duel so we dont actually know but he pretty much uses the force in everything he does (think about how many force guided jumps he does in a minute) so i think in a long duel like this he wuld lose lots of energy. Maul was extremely unlucky with obi won and that was one mistake he made and now everyone thinks hes crap and that obi won was better than him.

And this is just a big pile of BS.

a)
Lucas himself clearly said that Anakin lost 60 % of his force potential when Obi-Wan cut his legs and arm of on Mustafar - how would he become stronger with the force than he was in ROTS ? Evidence states that he is weaker - 80 % (again comment from Lucas) of Sidious and Yoda would outclass Sidious pretty much in a "fair" fight.

b)
He had already an mechanical arm in ROTS - how would he become stronger only because having another mechanical arm ?

c)
More precise in combat ? Maybe...

d)
"Chosen one" theory has nothing to do with this since Vader in suit is not longer Anakin and pre suit Vader wasn't able to kill Obi-Wan who would lose to Yoda every day...

and this is what u said.

birthoftheforce
a) i have acually heard lucas say that vader becomes more powerful than yoda. You probably heard that on some site like supershadow.

b) Full battle suit vader is widely known for being powerfull. It wasn't just a mechanical arm that was added to him. There was thick powerful metal plating added plus a ton of other things. Face it, vader become like 10 times more stronger than even windu with his suit.

d) Are you high or something. When jedi anakin becomes darth vader he is still the chosen one and the prophecy does refer to him. And you have to stop thinking that someone is better than someone else just because they defeat them once because padawan obi was not stronger than maul and rots obi was not stronger than rots vader

kamikz
a) i have acually heard lucas say that vader becomes more powerful than yoda. You probably heard that on some site like supershadow.

b) Full battle suit vader is widely known for being powerfull. It wasn't just a mechanical arm that was added to him. There was thick powerful metal plating added plus a ton of other things. Face it, vader become like 10 times more stronger than even windu with his suit.

d) Are you high or something. When jedi anakin becomes darth vader he is still the chosen one and the prophecy does refer to him. And you have to stop thinking that someone is better than someone else just because they defeat them once because padawan obi was not stronger than maul and rots obi was not stronger than rots vader

LOL I actually think you have been the one to visit the supershadow site. Lucas have never said that Vader was stronger than Yoda. The thing about Vader having -80% force potential as Nai said is true. Vader was no warrior anymore, he could hardly win a battle. He was killed by ROTJ Luke and he couldent move fast enough to be a good lightsaber user. His force powers was kinda impressive but nothing to the likes of Yoda. If you watch ROTS Yoda and Sidious is almost equal in power and Lucas has stated that Vader is 80% force powers. And yes he is still the chosen one in the suit but that doesent mean a shit here.

Admiral Akbar
Everything you just wrote is a pile of horseshit.
Thats all your bias views, and idiocity. Mace windu would school Vader, based of FACTS! Vader does not become more powerful than yoda, jesus thats ridiculous. The prophecy is a lame installment into the star wars world. And all you ever type is IF this Then that. No its not always like that. Padawan Obi was kicking ass Maul just force pushed him into a hole. Watch TPM again. And ROTS obi might not have been stronger, but ANH obi wan was untouchable. He completly mastered Soresu. Why did he die? Well you should already know that. But just because vader beat him does not make Vader this insane sith.

not you kamikz

Darth Faunus
Yoda wastes them. . .

A small green figure robed in brown entered the meditation chamber of arth Vader, Dark Lord of the Sith. As the pod opened, a dark helmet lowered from the chambers top, grasped in a vice of durasteel. A figure clad in armor black as the void of space emerged.

"My? Grown, you have, young Skywalker, mmm?"

A deep, rumbling laugh poured from the vocabulators in Vader's mouthpiece.

"I have become more powerful than any Jedi. Even you."

And with that, a blade of crimson light fired from the black hilt clutched in Vader's right hand. Yoda heard another saber ignite as a horned and tattooed figure fell from the ceiling, snarling.

"My apprentice. Lord Maul, rebirthed. Now, old fool, prepare to die."

As the two Sith charged towards him, Yoda muttered a last phrase.

"Much to learn, you still have."

And with that, he spun clockwise, evading both plasma beams with a single, deft movement. Yet he hadn't even shifted his position. Throwing his left hand out, he ejected a blast of invisible energy right into Darth Maul's devilish face, hurling the apprentice Sith headlong into the steel wall. As Vader's second swing approached, Yoda leapt up, soaring over it, and landed with the poise and grace of a Nexu. Gone was the aged form of Yoda, and in its place was the paragon of light, the ultimate Jedi Master. Igniting his lightsaber, he twitched his wrist, slicing through the mechanical nerve servos in Vader's neck. The Dark Lord, deprived of his electronic assistance and stimulation, fell to the ground in a pre-death spasm.

Sighing, Yoda walked out of the room.

Just stressing a point. smile

Deus Ex
PWN3D!

Darth Faunus
By the Not-so-Teenage Mutant Ninja Jawa UNROBED!11!11!!ONE!!1!E11L1!EVEn11!!11!

Deus Ex
zOMG! u campr !!!@@!!!! sys[ph lol zomg u n00b h4x00r lam3r f00 !!!!!!@!#!# !oen one one elvlevne hgadinmf

*Deep breath*

oierwfnlksdnuijv'dsvkivm!!@!

Fishy
Faunus your like so wrong, cause anakin is like the chosen one and he is kinda like Darth Vader, which is kinda cool cause he's like the ultimate bad guy ever in a movies. Except for maybe Shredder from Teenage mutant Ninja turtles cause he's like so cool too... So you see Vader wins acuse he's just cool.. But not as cool as shredder..

Deus Ex
Word. And all you people with your "logic", you're all fanboys and you speak nonsense. Fishy's post above is the ultimate truth, cuz I agree with it. lol zomg sysph lsd tha lmnop!

Kam Solusar
Originally posted by Deus Ex
zOMG! u campr !!!@@!!!! sys

LMAO laughing

Nai Fohl

Beeeeep - wrong.
Anakin once had the potential to become more powerful than Yoda and Sidious (that's what Sidious said before starting to fight Yoda in ROTS) but Lucas said that he lost a great part of that potential when getting his arm and legs cut off by Obi-Wan and after this he has only 80 % of Sidious power. Just to prove that this is the case:

1)
He's planning to kill Sidious in ROTS (that's what he tells Padme) and in fact he didn't do that after ROTS simply because of the fact he is weaker than Sidious (and thereby weaker than Yoda)

2)
He is telling Luke that they could kill the Emperor together in ESB so he needs his son to do that.

That is complete nonsens. He has one mechanical arm (left side), two mechanical legs and that breathing system added - nothing more. Parts of his suit might be able to withstand a lightsaber hit (the helmet and the breastplate) but Yoda would cut him down in no time, so would Mace. In suit Vader is less powerful than ROTS Anakin.

LOL.

1)
Yes. Anakin is still the chosen one but he's doesn't have his full potential anymore which would have made him the greatest force user ever. Got it now ?

2)
ROTS Obi-Wan did beat ROTS Anakin. Past ROTS Vader is weaker than ROTS Anakin. So Obi-Wan would defeat him again and Yoda would own him silly.

3)
Maul would also get owned silly by Yoda. He got killed by a Padawan. You can argue that point like you want. Obi-Wan destroyed Maul's lightsaber, kicked him to the floor and at the end killed him. And sorry...somebody that let himself getting owned by a Padawan will be obliterated by Yoda.

Darth Faunus
Keep up the good work. And lovin' that sig. Where'd you get the two badass dudes at the sides?

Nai Fohl
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
Keep up the good work. And lovin' that sig. Where'd you get the two badass dudes at the sides?

That badass dudes are basically the same person equipped with other armour / weapons - It's the main character of a game called "Rune". I'm on a northern mythology trip at the moment (having read the "Edda" again at the weekend)...

Darth Faunus
Ah. . .

General Makashi

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud Pendejo!!!!!!

Captain REX

Did you forget to log into the jcboy2 account? Because you were just talking to and contradicting yourself, genius. Good job.

DarthVasallo
A better fight would be Vader pre-suit and an uncocky Maul vs. Yoda ROTS

Darth Faunus
Maul IS cocky. That's part of who he is. What you're saying is that I can take away, say, Yoda's wisdom, or Grievous' cunning, and put them into a fight. You can't just take away from a character and still leave them as that same being.

Vaapad_Master

WHAT is this pile of BULLSH*T?!

a) Sidious and Yoda were clearly about equal (that's even stretching it to Sidious's favour), and Mechanical Vader is 80% of Sidious power (fact from George Lucas). So how the bloody hell do you get Vader being more powerful than Yoda? It apparently seems you've been visiting Supershadow recently, especially since that site is pretty much like a bible for all Vader and Sidious fanboys.

b) What complete and utter nonsense. A life support system and artificial limbs do NOT make you powerful. If anything, it made Vader weaker, otherwise why would George Lucas have said that Vader in the suit is much weaker than ROTS Anakin? Mace would rip Vader to shreds and rip those shreds to tiny shreds...and so would Yoda.

c) Apparently YOU are the one who is high. Nai Fohl talks of great logic, all you talk of is unsupported BS. Vader being the chosen one does NOT make Vader immortal at all, especially since he is even weaker than hot-headed, foolhardy ROTS Anakin. As for Maul even standing a remote chance against Yoda, pfft...If Maul could really stand a chance against Yoda like the way you put it, both Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan would have been total non-factors.

Yoda takes this one home.

jollyjim311

sorry guys, but i agree with this /\
l

plus, i do actually think maul is underrated.

another thing i'd like to add:when the jedi saw how powerful yoda was, they thought he was the chosen one. anakin was the actual chosen one and i think more powerful then yoda. suit vader (i think) is just as if not more powerful than non suit vader. also the only reason people think vader is weaker then yoda is because we only saw yoda fight in the new trilogy where they could show him moving super fast.

Fishy
Dude you agree with things that contradict Goerge Lucas when he's basing his argument on George Lucas and what he said. He's saying other things without giving any reasons just assumptions. And for the rest its prophecy bullshit which means absolutely nothing, not even that Anakin would be the most powerful just that he had more potential then Yoda which again means nothing.

jollyjim311
like i said, sorry, that just goes along with what i thought when i first read the thread name.

by no means am i saying yoda would be a pushover, maul would probably end up in pieces on the floor and vader would have to run back into his little chamber by the end, but not before yoda had passed into the force.

Fishy
Then give your own arguments with a real basis for them. Because his arguments do not make sense.

TFVercetti
Fishy "thrust thrust do you like my sex"

Fishy
I hope you get banned within the hour... You are already wasting precious space.

Deus Ex
Agreed.

TFVercetti
well that was you wasn't it. kronos. don't worry kronos your secret is safe with me.

jollyjim311
wait, TFV, not me? right?

DarthVasallo
Maul IS cocky. That's part of who he is. What you're saying is that I can take away, say, Yoda's wisdom, or Grievous' cunning, and put them into a fight. You can't just take away from a character and still leave them as that same being.

okay ass

overlord
Originally posted by DarthVasallo
okay ass

Hey, he met Maul in person okay? Don't get offensive.

Darth Faunus
Vasallo, reported, simply because that was unprovoked and unreasonable.

And overlord, cut the sarcasm. It's just annoying, especially seeing as how you don't contribute positive or at least sensible input in the least.

overlord
Vasallo, reported, simply because that was unprovoked and unreasonable.

And overlord, cut the sarcasm. It's just annoying, especially seeing as how you don't contribute positive or at least sensible input in the least.

Muahaha!! Nothing is what it seems in the versus forum, it's all opinion and speculation anyway! hahaha!! Everytime I suggest something people already discard it immidiately because they already think low of me (basic presumption). Now you will all probably get so angry that one of you is going to get a heart seizure.

Sure Maul is so cocky.. hahaha! He was looking forward to battling the jedi so much, why should he have dropped to the ground and try to cut Obi's hand, that's just weak! Stupidity, I'll give Maul that, he sees someone jump over him and all and still manages to be the one cut in half.

Captain REX
Originally posted by DarthVasallo
okay ass

No need for that, Vasallo, please shut your trap unless you have something worthwhile to say.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.