MSG - harmful fattening chemicals in food

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deano
http://www.rense.com/general67/msg.htm

what do you make of this?

PVS
whats this? a thread with a point? congrats!!!!

but there are plenty of sources on the dangers of monosodium glutamate.

must everything come from rense.com?

debbiejo
Tis true...didn't read the article.....but is very true...read a book called "exciten Toxins"...stimulates you brain just as other chemicals do...I don't eat products with MSG.

debbiejo
Also goes by names as Hydrolyzed Protein, Sodium Casseinate, Calcium Caseinate, Autolyzed Yeast, Yeast Extract, Gelatin and also possible sources can be called Textured protein, Carrageenam or Vegetable gun, it's in seasonings and some spices, also called Flavorings and Natural Flavorings, Couillons Barley Malt, Malt extract, malt flavoring, whey protein, whey proten Isolate, soy protein and soy protein Isolate, and soy sauce.

Deano
Originally posted by PVS
whats this? a thread with a point? congrats!!!!

but there are plenty of sources on the dangers of monosodium glutamate.

must everything come from rense.com?

thats the only site i visit regulary, but i could find some more links.

Deano
Originally posted by debbiejo
Also goes by names as Hydrolyzed Protein, Sodium Casseinate, Calcium Caseinate, Autolyzed Yeast, Yeast Extract, Gelatin and also possible sources can be called Textured protein, Carrageenam or Vegetable gun, it's in seasonings and some spices, also called Flavorings and Natural Flavorings, Couillons Barley Malt, Malt extract, malt flavoring, whey protein, whey proten Isolate, soy protein and soy protein Isolate, and soy sauce.

many of the foods in our cupboard contain all that crap.

debbiejo
In the natural form MSG was used by the Japanese....their food tasted better....after the war the US started using in in an unnatural synthesized form...but It was found to over stimulate parts of the brain and burning those centers out...

Deano
what products do you eat debbie?

debbiejo
Originally posted by Deano
what products do you eat debbie?

I make things from scratch mostly...and I read labels......AND if you look at all flavored chips and things....the only ones that don't contain MSG are the natural chips...all flavored ones have MSG....

Capt_Fantastic
It's not just chips...practically everything offered to us, both here and in the UK(every "civilized" nation on the planet), are saturated with more unpronouncable chemicals and harmful additives than what comes out of your tail pipe.

Much like yourself Deb, I've started cooking everything from scratch...using whole, unprocessed foods. It amazes me that the government will tax cigarettes and alcohol out of existance, send people to jail for smoking a harmless weed...all on the basis of "protecting" us from ourselves....and then allows these chemicals to be dumped into our food.

jaden101
hardly the cause though is it?

how about the fact that we have taken the intensive labour out of just about every single household job over the last 50 years with the help of technology

people simply aren't doing as much as they used to do....hence if they eat the same amount....they get fat...

i'm not saying there aren't additives in food that need to be looked out for...most E numbers and things such as aspartame and any modified carbohydrates should be limited because they toxify the liver

but people need to take responsibility for there own diet and not just what they are eating but how much

its not difficult to lose weight...i've done it (over 70lbs now) and a friend of mine has lost 126lbs (thats 9 stones for my fellow brits)

debbiejo
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
It's not just chips...practically everything offered to us, both here and in the UK(every "civilized" nation on the planet), are saturated with more unpronouncable chemicals and harmful additives than what comes out of your tail pipe.

Much like yourself Deb, I've started cooking everything from scratch...using whole, unprocessed foods. It amazes me that the government will tax cigarettes and alcohol out of existance, send people to jail for smoking a harmless weed...all on the basis of "protecting" us from ourselves....and then allows these chemicals to be dumped into our food.

Also the government keeps changing the different names, so people think they're not using MSG...the list keeps growing with new names...And you're right...It's in most things in your cupboard...in mainly all canned products like soups... and prepackaged foods...Also it's in most restaurant foods...KFC over uses in in everything.....It's hard to get away from...you can only do your best... big grin

PVS
thats great.

so mix msg with excercise, and you can drop dead in perfect health

debbiejo
More like brain damage...possible Alzheimer's......Aspartame (Nutrasweet) is the same also....excite toxin.

jaden101
Originally posted by debbiejo
Also the government keeps changing the different names, so people think they're not using MSG...the list keeps growing with new names...And you're right...It's in most things in your cupboard...in mainly all canned products like soups... and prepackaged foods...Also it's in most restaurant foods...KFC over uses in in everything.....It's hard to get away from...you can only do your best... big grin

and save a wad of cash to boot...seeing as processed food is the biggest rip off ever...but fresh...cook yourself...tastes better...costs less...and is better for you

i really dont understand why people do anything else

Lana
MSG messes with my stomach....as does most processed foods. I try and avoid stuff like that.

Anyone here go to homestarrunner.com? Because when I saw this title I was reminded of the one Teen Girl Squad cartoon...."Ahh! MSG-ed!"

WindDancer
Some fast food places have a sign saying "NO-MSG". I wonder if they're telling us the truth. wink

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by jaden101
hardly the cause though is it?

how about the fact that we have taken the intensive labour out of just about every single household job over the last 50 years with the help of technology

people simply aren't doing as much as they used to do....hence if they eat the same amount....they get fat...

i'm not saying there aren't additives in food that need to be looked out for...most E numbers and things such as aspartame and any modified carbohydrates should be limited because they toxify the liver

but people need to take responsibility for there own diet and not just what they are eating but how much

its not difficult to lose weight...i've done it (over 70lbs now) and a friend of mine has lost 126lbs (thats 9 stones for my fellow brits)

I'm not sure you're speaking to my comments, but I wasn't really talking about getting fat. As PVS said, you can be fit and still drop dead from teh massive amounts of addatives and preservatives that are in our food supply.

ewomack
I'm eating some INCREDIBLE Chocolate Macaroons. Here are the ingredients:

organic brown rice syrup, organic dessicated coconut, semisweet chocolate (rapdadura, cocoa liquor, unrefined cocoa butter, vanilla extract) extracts.

Nothing too horrible there... and they taste amazing.

Also, a lot of Asian food (my favorite) uses MSG. I always ask for it without. They never say "no".

EAT BETTER!!

Happy Dance

jaden101
everyone should post something

here's whats sitting next to me right now

a strawberry healthy living tesco yougurt

strawberries 8% (hardly a great start)

sugar (not getting any better)

modified maize starch (there goes my liver)

stabilizers (pectin and agar[which i thought was for growing bacterial plates)

beetroot juice concentrate huh

aspartame

acesulfame k

trisodium citrate

HEEEELLLLPPPP....I'M GOING TO DIEEEEEEIIIEEIIEIEIEEEE

PVS
next to me:

5th of jack daniels
needle and cooking spoon
crackpipe
cheese doodles

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by PVS
next to me:

5th of jack daniels
needle and cooking spoon
crackpipe
cheese doodles

Well, at least three out of the four aren't bad for you.

Spelljammer
SpellJammer would care more if he ate alot of processed foods, which he doesn't. And he works out alot. Infact, he stopped being a vegetarian because those supposedly healthy soy products were full of wheat gluten, modified food starch, and high fructose corn syrup. The two formers are put in dogfood, DOGFOOD!

And SpellJammer comes from a long line of diabetics, as it is he'll probably half to take pills in 10 years cause he's pancrease produces insulin subpar at best. He truly believes the goverment seeks out to destroy our good health. Think about it, the more unhealthy we are, the more we have to work to pay for medicines to make us healthy again, it's a vicous circle to keep the human population well under control. It's both terrebly evil of capitalism, but also remarkable genious. It deffinitly would not allow a savage anarchy to become a priority again, however, people were not meant to feel this sterile and depressed, and they shouldn't have too.. It's a gross idea of our society today that when we think of obsesity, we think of foods that barely qualify as food and people depleting themselves of energy and mind, where as in the older days if you were obease. You just ate alot. Hell, half of the time you didn't even have TIME to be lazy..

And again, SpellJammer blames the goverment for criminalizing obesisity as well as being the cause of it. Do you ever consider how much money the diet industry gains every summer? All these fad diets, fat-free, carb-free, something free food products, diet pills, etc. IT'S ALL A PLOY BY THE CAPITALISTIC MARKET!

So you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. So stop caring what those other people think and try to avoid those carbs for good health. (Did you know that carbohydrate is the only calorie nutrient they are not completely sure WHAT it does? Protiens/Fats have a specific value, but carbohydrates are simply anything else that isn't a protien, fat, water, or ash.. meaning they don't even bother to know what the miscneliouss stuff does, and yet they tell you you need that the most. BULLSHIT!)

But SpellJammer is not your mother, take his family. They're big on alcahol, fried foods, rice&beans, but that's the wonderful thing about free will. And they manage. SpellJammer just wants to give you the facts so you can make choices on your grounds, not that of someone else.. And this is why he wants to be a healing shaman and not some securalist doctor who only compounds the problem..

jaden101
what are you talking about man?

the science of carbohydrates isn't even complex...i should know...i had to write a lab report on the stuff last year

in short...almost all carbohdrates taken into the body are broken down into glucose...for glycogen and glucagon

in fact the knowledge of carbohydrates is neccessary for the understanding of hypoglycemia, neutropenia, muscular dystrophy, hepatosplenomegaly, cirrhosis, hemolytic anemia and rickets as well as many others and how the carbohydrates and enzyme fucntions are affected

jaden101
Originally posted by PVS
next to me:

5th of jack daniels
needle and cooking spoon
crackpipe
cheese doodles

sounds like your having fun

PVS
i think the intended message is "avoid EXCESS carbs"
if you avoid carbs altogether you'll probably die

PVS
sounds like your having fun

and its only monday
you should see me on the weekend

jaden101
Originally posted by PVS
and its only monday
you should see me on the weekend

laughing ...i can imagine...i hope you had as much fun as me at the weekend...my very first threesome with 2 chicks...oh how jolly big grin big grin big grin

PVS
thank you for sharing that confused

jaden101
Originally posted by PVS
thank you for sharing that confused

i know you'll be thinking about it all night... laughing

still...back to those damn additives

debbiejo
modified maize starch (there goes my liver)

stabilizers (pectin and agar

I thin agar is a thickener and the beetroot juice is for color....ASPARTAME...OH...NO NO NO....

COMPLEX carbohydrates are good for you...It's what your body and brain really need to function well...not the bad carbs...People think protein is what your body lives on, but not true...It's the Complex carbs, fruit and veggies....I'm 80 percent veggie...had to be because I was consuming too much protein and having chest pains related to digestion...Had an upper GI....that was cool!....Got to see my stomach function on the TV next to be after having some Barian(sp?) drink...I was glowing from the inside.....WOW!!!!....I have a cool stomach..... eek!

But eating this way keeps my weight just were it should be....and if you work out than ...........awesome..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.