Upcoming Marvel Movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Paola
MARVEL ANNOUNCES 10 PROPERTIES IN PARAMOUNT DEAL

Changing its name from Marvel Enterprises to Marvel Entertainment, Marvel announced on Monday the completion of a $525 million non-recourse debt facility that will finance Marvel's production of up to 10 films based on such characters as Captain America, Nick Fury and The Avengers.

Paramount will distribute the film slate, with the first theatrical release expected for summer 2008.

Marvel's distribution agreement with Paramount guarantees distribution for 10 films and encompasses two prime release periods each year -- the spring/summer and fall/holiday seasons. Paramount has guaranteed Marvel wide distribution with commensurate advertising and marketing efforts. This is a worldwide arrangement with the exception of Japan, Germany, Australia/New Zealand, Spain and France, which Marvel will sell directly.

The 10 Marvel properties in the arrangement are Captain America, The Avengers, Nick Fury, Black Panther, Ant-Man, Cloak & Dagger, Doctor Strange, Hawkeye, Power Pack and Shang-Chi. Each film is expected to have a budget of up to $165 million dollars and a rating no more restrictive than PG-13.

"The film slate financing enables us to evolve our entertainment operations into film production, an area where we have experienced past success with our partners and which offers significant profit potential for our company," said Avi Arad, chairman and CEO of Marvel Studios.

"The characters involved are some of the most valuable in the Marvel Universe, and we are excited to launch them as consumer brands via feature film releases under our direction. We look forward to working with Brad Grey and the exceptional team he has put together at Paramount and are confident that this will be a successful venture for us both."

Although the financing allows for the production of animated films, Marvel currently intends to use the financing to make only live-action films.

In its release, Marvel also noted that Punisher 2 is expected to join Ghost Rider and X3 as a 2006 release.

from comics continuum

chucktaylor
Alright! Thanks for the info Paola!

pr1983
Ahem... theres a marvel movie update thread... whistle

colossus17
Originally posted by pr1983
Ahem... theres a marvel movie update thread... whistle

you got alot of balls.....talking to TOAA like that....but then again paola has a special spot in her heart just for you...

golem370
Does Juggernaut actually appear in X-Men 3?

Mainstream
Originally posted by golem370
Does Juggernaut actually appear in X-Men 3?

yeah no Gambit...so look more forward to X4

pr1983
Originally posted by colossus17
you got alot of balls.....talking to TOAA like that....but then again paola has a special spot in her heart just for you...

pfft... i wish...

joesha28
Ahem....... how old/young is Paola?

colossus17
Originally posted by joesha28
Ahem....... how old/young is Paola?

ask pr.....i bet he knows alot more then that about paola..... wink he is a digital pimp

Lord-of-Dreams
yea... I'vekinda dissapearedoff this site... lol Juggy's in X3?? YES!! And we reallyneedmore collosus, and QS. And... actually they are theonly importantcharacters tome... oh, and blob, toady(orishe actually dead?) and the rest ofthe brotherhood.
Why the hell dothey have powerpack and not Avengersr is the big A too big...?

pr1983
Originally posted by colossus17
ask pr.....i bet he knows alot more then that about paola..... wink he is a digital pimp

laughing i dunno whether thats good or bad... stick out tongue

Lord-of-Dreams
being apimpis alwaysgood,dogg.
(What!! Haven'tyou been madea modyet, PR??!! lol you should be madeone... for somereason...)

pr1983
laughing

they don't want me... stick out tongue

and all i meant was...

a digital pimp, as opposed to a real pimp? stick out tongue

Lord-of-Dreams
of coursetheywant you,PR you're a difitalpimp!!! lol
well... it means that you're a big fat nerd whopimps out nastyass couch potatoe chicks. lol (thator internetladies,whoaresometimeshot... lol)
so...back ot: go up and read my firstpost!!

pr1983
i think i will... messed

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Lord-of-Dreams
being apimpis alwaysgood,dogg.
(What!! Haven'tyou been madea modyet, PR??!! lol you should be madeone... for somereason...)

To emotional I suspect smile

Sentry
Namor is supposed to out next year also... Then again it could be pushed back to May of 2007.

Dwayne Johnson as Namor...

He could certainly talk smack but do you guys think he could pull it off?

pr1983
Its some character... i dunno if he's talented enough to pull it off...

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Sentry
Namor is supposed to out next year also... Then again it could be pushed back to May of 2007.

Dwayne Johnson as Namor...

He could certainly talk smack but do you guys think he could pull it off?

yes the rock is a good peice of casting

Sentry
Its some character... i dunno if he's talented enough to pull it off...

My bad, I forgot to emphasize the dudes nick name:

Dwayne The Rock Johnson.

He's already used to wearing the tights due to his wrestling background.

His upper facial features match Namor's eyebrows... Kind off...

pr1983
I know who he is silly... stick out tongue

im just saying... namor's personality is rather unique among heroes... i liked welcome to the jungle but i don't know if he's able for it...

Sentry
I know who he is silly... stick out tongue

Oh... I though you didn't.

pr1983
Originally posted by Sentry
Oh... I though you didn't.

np wink

Ultimate Ion
I can't believe friggin Ant-Man is getting a movie.

Snoopbert
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
To emotional I suspect smile Don't even start, you make so many obvious and blatant mistakes that putting you in your place would be easier than driving a nail through a wall. Stop baiting people, and stop using ignore as a way to bash undetected. Grow up.

Lord-of-Dreams
No, I think it's you shoulndn't start. You even know the context of that remark? Cuz if do I salute you for hacking my Pms. Soyou shouldstop Whirly-hating and start looking for a way to get your foot out your mouth

pr1983
Guys, guys... calm down... embarrasment

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Ultimate Ion

I cant either.there are much better characters out there like moonknight who should get a film of his made.I thought there was going to be a Iron Man movie made as well with tom cruise in it? Great to see they are redoing Captain America and making a new movie out of him.

DarkCrawler
Ant-Man film would be fun - they could think up very interesting uses for his powers...

But Dwayne Johnson as Namor? Erm...his physique doesn't match him. Maybe he could act him if he wasn't THAT buff. Namor is more like athlete, not wrestler.

grey fox
The rock .......as in 'layeth the smackdown' rock . Because if it is then i would burn the namor film (you shouldn't let that kind of evil see the light of day)

Inspectah Deck
An Avengers movie? What the ****?

Ethereal
wheres the silver surfer movie?

roughrider
Can they erase the tattoos off Dwayne Johnson? He can't play Namor with those. He's also been rumoured for Shazam - don't see that either.
Punisher 2?
Where's my THOR movie??

steverules
Well I don't think that there will be a silver surfer movie but if they have galactus as a villain in the second or third FF movie then we might see SS. I heard on yahoo that marvel is gonna make an iron man movie. And I don't think there will be an avengers movie but there is an ultimate's (the avengers are the ultimates in the ultimate universe for those who don't know) cartoon on DVD that is coming to england, but I'm not sure when.

Bushwacker
Power Pack? This is a joke, right?

redcaped
First movie of Captain America set in 1940? Test subject to defend his country and ends up frozen. Then our Namor discovers him in part 2 to join the avengers. Well, good luck with that.

MuffinmanMike
Originally posted by The Ion

Is Iron Man still getting a movie? Or are they gonna cut their losses and shove him in with The Avengers rather than make sure Iron Man, Captain America, Ant Man AND Avengers are all done by the same studio?

redcaped
Marvel has a high percentage of misleading its way to the big screen due to characters interaction and form of story. I fear that they will screw big time either with the avengers or other type of compilation. I had very interesting comments, I only need others to think of the same way.

Knightfall93
I\T'S OBVIOUS WHO SHOULD PLAY NAMOR...

Dr Spock!

DigiMark007
Originally posted by The Ion

He might not be. It only said they had the rights to those characters, not that each would have their own movie. The Ultimates movie (live action, not the animated one) should have a bunch of those mentioned (Cap, Hawkeye, etc.) so Ant-Man might just show up in an ensemble film.

Regardless, many movies lose steam in pre-production or because of various other reasons. Those names listed is by no means a guarantee.

But I'm all for any of these. Comic movies being made is a great thing, and even if some flop, enough will do well that they'll keep being made.

Knightfall93
Ant man!? and its Avengers, not Ultimates, m'boy...

redcaped
The Avengers involve the best Marvel heroes, this is chaos!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.