Mace Windu vs Lord Hoth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kamikz
Used the search engine and checked all the pages, so as far as I know it hasent been done.

Kam Solusar
Mace Windu was a very very good duelist whereas Hoth was a great Jedi, i think, so mace wins

kamikz
Ok but note that Hoth was one of the greatest jedi ever. He was a great leader and strategist and he was a good swordsman and probably as good force user as Mace, probably better. He is also bigger and stronger than Mace which will give him some advantage. I think it will be an even match. You have to give me more reasons to belive Mace will prevail.

Kam Solusar
Well i dont know enough about Hoth so i cant really argue at the mo.

General Makashi
Hoth was a powerful Jedi. . .even if Windu defeats Hoth it's going to be a long battle.

Darth_Glentract
Hoth has this. I'd put Hoth nehind Luke then Yoda, then tied with Vodo. So pretty much, fourth most powerful Jedi ever, unless I am missing someone.

Captain REX
If you're thinking NJO Luke, then I'd put Hoth behind him, yes. If we're thinking the reasonably powered Luke, then Hoth is definitely ahead of him.

Lord Hoth was the leader of the Army of Light during the final battles of the New Sith War, which ultimately led to the destruction of the Sith Order (with the exception of Darth Bane and Darth Zannah). He was a powerful swordsman.

It'd call a draw between Hoth and Windu, though I'd toss a few credits in Hoth's direction. After all, Windu doesn't have a planet named after him for the mighty battles he performed on it. wink

Deus Ex
Ah, but it's not specified whether he was named for the planet, or whether ir was named for him (Which is doubtful, it's a shithole off in nowhere) or if it's a coincidence.

Illustrious
I seriously doubt they named the planet for him.

Darth Faunus
I'd hand it to Mace. While without a doubt a force to be reckoned with in single combat, Lord Hoth was mainly a general, with many, many Jedi at his back. Given, he was a frontline general, but when you're leading thousands of Jedi into combat, you don't need to fight everyone yourself. I know, he was fighting Dark Jedi. However, Mace Windu has single-handedly obliterated several hundered droids during the Clone Wars. Namely, the Battle of Dantooine. He broke into a Separatist seismic tank with nearly all of his forces demolished by its shockwaves. He strikes me as a better duelist, probably second only to Yoda, and maybe, just maybe, Vodo-Siosk Bass.

Veneficus
We hardly know anything about Hoth as is...

Darth_Glentract

Veneficus

Admiral Akbar
Umm tough to decide. IMO Mace would win because he uses shatterpoint and vaapad, those right there are two upperhand advantages for mace. Which Hoth does not know about. they both had war experience, but mace for years practiced his lightsaber fighting, Mace was a warrior, while Lord Hoth was a general in war and a tactician. Il take my chances with windu.

Darth_Glentract
Hoth has spent his entire life fighting though. He has FAR more combat experince than Windu.

Darth Avis
i give this to the guy that looks like a hun (i dont believe nobody noticed before stick out tongue) people please explain shatterpoint to me i never read the book because my friend wont let me boro his copy but now im going with Hoth

Lord Simus
It finds the weakest point on your opponent.

Darth Avis
be clearer. does it find where the cant take a force push or were they cant block a lightsaber or what.

Lord Simus
If your opponent's form shows a weakness that will cost him his life you would quicker then a normal saberfighter.

Darth Avis
ohhh i still dont think mace will win though. i think Hoth will show few flaws since 20+ years of fighting strong dark jedi/sith will get you good with saber to saber combat. GO HUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or taz is there a diffrence?

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Hoth has spent his entire life fighting though. He has FAR more combat experince than Windu.

fighting what? lightsaber to lightsaber. Hoth does not have any unique abilities that give him a real advantage here.

Darth_Glentract
He was said to be a warrior without pier, even in his old age, in addition to being a superb tactician.

Darth Avis
May I bump this sinse no one really won yet and it is a good fight.

Darth_Glentract
Hoth wins.

wolverine8888
u most remeber that mace is known has the best light saber fighter of all time. he quite possably might even bee the best jedi of all time.

Deus Ex
Wow. With typing like that, who would disagree?

Tru_Slice
Mace's fighting style doesn't really have room to be aggressive with Hoth.

If Mace kept trying to sweep in on Hoth with his Vapaad style, he would get his ass handed to him. Mace would have to out-flank Hoth, THEN try to get past Hoth's defense...you know what, Mace looses. That's what I'm trying to say.

Lord Darkstar
I agree, Hoth wins

jollyjim311
im going with hoth after a long fight.

ps. they might have named the planet after him, i mean the jedi belived he finished off the sith.

Se7in
Hoth. Mace is good, but Hoth is a legendary, and idealistic, Jedi.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.