Lord Tyrannus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jayntree
How is Lord Tyrannus (Count Dooku) going to die in the next movie? Anyone have any theories?

I bring this up because he has to be eliminated in order for Anikan to become the second Sith Lord. Right now Tyrannus is the second Syth Lord, so he has to depart the scene somehow to make room for Vader to move in.

Any thoughts?

Ushgarak
Hot bet is Anakin kills him.

Jayntree
I hope it is Anakin too. Would be sweet revenge for a severed arm.

Dexx
naah..i don't think so......short time is covered between ep. 2 and 3......so there's liitle chances Anaking could've trained that hard during this time.
Perhaps Yoda will kill him.....or Mace.....hmmmm...still uncertain the future is.

Ushgarak
I rather think Anakin's power and skill will have dramatically increased by ep. iii or the Anakin falling thing is far less of a credible threat. Regardless of the time frame.

Captain REX
Anakin's Losses - Mother, Arm, Humanity
Dooku's Losses - Body, Life
laughing out loud

LaurenE147
It's a safe bet that Anakin kills him. But seeing as how this is Star Wars and George Lucas can always surprise you, I wouldn't bet your mortgage on it.

master harmax
Anakin kills him ... and it's highly likely that the scene will be reminiscent of the scene in ROTJ, where Luke stands over Darth Vader ... sword in hand, ready to deliver the death blow ... but ... he doesn't. The difference is, Anakin will not make the same choice ... he will deliver the death blow, and his journey to the dark side will be complete. I agree with Ush in that in Episode 3 we will see Anakin highly skilled and powerful ... dangerously, scarily skilled and powerful.
When he falls to the dark side, the effect will be complete ... behold ... the terrifying spectre of Vader returns !

BTW, I still feel that there is a strong possibility that Dooku does not know that Sidious is Palpatine. And when he finds out, he'll be devastated at being misled ( remember he left the order because he disagreed with an arrangement that compelled the jedi order to follow the wishes of a political figure ).

That would be really cool ... a once great and revered jedi, fallen to the dark side ... and at the end of his life he realizes his great error ... but it is too late, because death is upon him, in the form of the chosen one ... and that death is nothing to be rejoiced at, because that death brings upon the final conversion of Anakin Skywalker to Darth Vader.

Dexx
How could Dooku not know that Sidious is Palpy.......Dooku tells Obi that the republic is in the hands of a sith lord. And at the end he meets with Sidious

Ushgarak
Yes, that is not at all credible. He cannot know Sidious and not recognise who he is!

master harmax
Ok probably ... but the first part of what i said ( anakin killing dooku in a similar situation to Luke in ROTJ ) is one likely possibility.

LaurenE147
Dexx is right. Dooku had to know because he knew that the Republic was in the hands of a Sith.

Jedi Mercenary
Wait, Vader was Dark Lord of the sith in the OT, so what does that make palpatine??

Ushgarak
He's never actually named as such in the film. That title was attached to him, from the novels, I think, but this was all before the whole nature of what the Sith were and how they worked had actually been decided.

So the Lord is Palpatine, I would think.

finti
are we talking abut Vader here cause in ESB a crew on the a Star Destroyer Avanger says to Captain Needa "Lord Vader demands an update" And aint all siths Lords?

Corran
Yes, I thought all the Sith were Lords because the original sith Lords were Dark Jedi who left the order, went to Yavin IV and took over the Sith peoples there, they named themselves Lords of the Sith - But only 2 there are.

finti
that is clearly EU stuff and not canon so that doesnt count

Gundark
EU once again rears its ugly head.

I agree Anakin will kill Dooku. It will be his final step.

Corran
Just watched TPM again, in there Darth Sidious calls Maul, Lord Maul and Yoda states Always two there are, when talking to Mace about the Sith - so without the EU evidence I still beleive all Sith to be Lords and that there are only every 2.

Does this make you happier Finti?

LaurenE147
It probably will be Anakin but I thought that Obi-Wan was going to kill Jango Fett but I ended up being totally surprised.

Jedi Mercenary
EU does not have an ugly head!!! Oh, and Corran, you've got that whole Yavin 4 thing wrong.

Captain REX
I expect:

Anakin kills Dooku
Anakin (and possibly Boba Fett) kills Mace
Obi-Wan defeats Anakin

I wonder how many duels will be in Ep. III... confused

finti
Does this make you happier Finti?
You were babling about Yavin IV and Dark Jedis, that has never been in any films, only in EU books

yerssot
but indeedy, there are only two...
wich is quite stupid without any canon source about this, since they are with two, shouldn't the master be the lord?

Mujaffa
who knows but Yoda says that there is only two, a master and his aprentis.
the same as the jedi's have their, a master and his padawan

Ushgarak
Depends on your definition of 'Lord', really.

Mujaffa
the aprentis are a lord and the master is an master

Ushgarak
Not at all; Sidious is clearly referred to as a Lord in TPM as well. They are both Sith Lords. It's probably just a traditional title.

Corran
I was sure I'd read it all somewhere - please let me know where the sith thing comes from then. I'll try to find where I got my info from.

Corran
Okay, but are you happy to say that it is canon that there are only 2 Sith and both are Lords then - the stuff from TPM?

King Jedi
I think Yoda will finish what he started.

Bespin Bart
Itnif, stop bashing EU! GL has done some EU things in his movies.

"Only two there are, a Master and an apprentice." (Darth Bane's law)
Maul's double bladed lightsaber (Exar Kun's double bladed lightsaber)
Coruscant (It was originally his idea, but he scrapped it until it was used in a book)

Duh!!!

Ushgarak
Err... BB, GL came up with that only two thing long before the EU did. And he did not steal the double bladed sabre! Any more than he stole force push from Jedi Knight- they are simply obvious ideas! And, as you say, Coruscant was his idea first.

The point remains that EU is non-canon and it is only canonical stuff you can consider when talking about the films.

yerssot
*kicks door open*
*runs around, screaming*
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALYA SECUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURA!!!!
*smacks against door*
*falls down*
*stands up*
*opens door*
*runs away*

finti
Bespin Barf, Zahn was allowed by Lucas to use Coruscant in his trilogy, and read Ush reply as well for the other things you listed.
DUH

. Well the only two part came from a film and that they both are Lords, well at least the 4 siths we have encountered have been titled Lords. So since that is from the films it is cannon.

Jedi Mercenary
You're forgetting the jedi starfighter, came from a comic book.
Corran, Naga Sadow and the massassi were the original sith, they went to Yavin 4 after they lost a war.

Captain REX
Where's the cannon? I need to use it right now. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Don't dis my bro Itnif! mad

Aayla Secura is from EU. She's in the movie isn't she?

finti
then you all show some respect for those who has been on hte board longar than you

Captain REX
What ever Mr. President. roll eyes (sarcastic)

queeq
Finally he is learning some manners.

finti
The axe is polished and ready for some action

LaurenE147
What's this crap about people having been on the board longer than others. I think everyone should show equal respect to all people on the board. And I really think that if someone has absolutely no sense and is a complete imbecile then they should be shown the amount of respect that their character calls for.

Corran
I disagree, if this were the case then some of us would be shown no respect whatsoever....hold on....ahhh now I get it!! wink

finti
What's this crap about people having been on the board longer than others. QUOTE]
It was a joke roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mujaffa
laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

Bespin Bart
I'm crying from laughter. laughing out loud roll eyes (sarcastic)

LaurenE147
Then Norwegians have a weird sense of humor.

finti
Takes some IQ to understand it

queeq
About 20. big grin

master harmax
queeq, what if I told you, that this forum is now under the influence of a dark lord of the waffle siths. Dozens of board / bored members are now under the influence of a man who calls himself .... Darth Yerssot ...... eek! eek!

queeq
He's the dope that empties the dustbins out in the Kaminoan Rain. I don't know what influence you're under, but it's not waffle Sith. Have another one at the bar. big grin

master harmax
You dissapoint me master queeq ! evil face

queeq
Good!

But you are right that the board is under the infulence of a dark Lord though... You just picked the wrong one. evil face

master harmax
Now who else could that be ?? roll eyes (sarcastic) .....

queeq
It will all be revealed in EpIII.

yerssot
LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGION!

queeq
I hear the waffle burning again.

finti
I`m not talking about the average IQ of the Dutch

LaurenE147
I'll treat that as another Norwegian joke as I am in the top of my class.

finti
Top of your class eek! hope you`re not a girl then big grin and the topic was Tyrannus

queeq
Very good, fint, now tell us why.

master harmax
Yes she is a girl ! and yes ! the topic is tyrannus ... the thing is, i just saw the movie again a couple of nights back, and I have this wierd theory running through my head about Darth Tyrannus ... and his REAL intentions and character. Give me a few more hours to think about it, and once it's a little less vague in my head than what it is now, I'll post it one this thread tomorrow. Its going to invite a lot of flak for sure ... but ... its a tricky one ! evil face

Hi Lauren ! Welcome aboard ! smile

LaurenE147
Hi, Harmax! smile

And why shouldn't I be a girl?

LaurenE147
And Dooku probably does have a hidden agenda. He is a Sith after all. I wonder what he meant by asking Obi-Wan to help him destroy the Sith. Was it a ploy to get him to turn, or does her really want to get rid of Sidious?

Ushgarak
Why not both?

Captain REX
Both is a possibility. Vader wanted to rid himself of Palpatine. "Luke, join me, and we can rule the galaxy as father and son." The Emperor wouldnt' have allowed him to do that.

yes, Lauren is a girl. If she wasn't, then she'd be a boy with a weird name and I'd be gay.

LaurenE147
*blushes*

Both is the most likely.

finti
evil face
what that you are a boy with a weird name and Rex is gay?

Gundark
Then Dooku has some mighty big cantalopes even by thinking about going against Sidious. Not with the Dark Side powers that Sidious posesses. If Sidious can bamboozle the whole Jedi Council as to his true nature, he would pick up on anything that Dooku was planning.

LaurenE147
You are very antagonistic, finti. You should work on that.

Emperor Helmet
Sidious didn't sense Luke on Endor. Vader did though. So is Sidious really that powerful.

Gundark
Good point.

Lauren - finti works very hard on being that way every day. laughing out loud

finti
why, you got a problem with that?

yerssot
I have a lice-prob, you don't hear ME telling bout that!

queeq
Well, you SHOULD have. Now, get out of here. mad

yerssot
Mesa stay! Mesa wacko waffle!

Ushgarak
Vader and Luke always seemed to have a special knack for sensing each other, though.

finti
Vader kind of had a hunch on Obi wan in ANH too

Ushgarak
Indeed so; I always attributed it to recognising the presences of others as you would recognise their faces. The Emperor had never met Luke before.

queeq
That makes the most sense to me.

Darth Mulover
this is taken directly from the starwars databank, and is not EU it is from the movies section

Databank - The sith

Ushgarak
No-one debates that. More importantly (because the site HAS been known to be fallible), it comes direct from an interview with George Lucas.

I am afraid I can't quite get why you mention it, though. Could you explain?

Darth Mulover
was readin it earlier in the thread and so asked where they had read it, and i replied to it, not realisin that it was days old, and they had stopped talkin about it

Ushgarak
Fair enough!

Darth Mulover
whats ur email ushgarak, and ave u msn

Ushgarak
Should be in my profile... though I am not sure if they show addresses these days...

yerssot
btw, not sure if it's in the ENGLISH one, but in the Spanish official novelisation they're talking 'bout there being only two...

Notorious Thug
i hope anikan kills his ass dam that would be tite....

LaurenE147
finti is sure to get you for that avatar

Gundark
Damn ! I had to look at that twice Lauren. I thought that was finti, then I thought...well he doesn't go for EU...cool sig though.

Corran
maybe it is Finti in his alter ego as a closet EU Fan!!!!

LaurenE147
Maybe it's one of his multiple personalities.

master harmax
I like Maul !! He is a really COOL sith lord ! I still don't know why people hated TPM so much ... it had some really good stuff in it, and Maul was one.

I also wish, there had been a little more light thrown on why Dooku joined the darkside ... they didn't even mention anywhere in the movie
that Dooku left the jedi order, because he was disgruntled with losing his former padawan Qui Gon, due to a system where the jedi order had to follow the whims and wishes of politicians ....

LaurenE147
Yeah, I thought that they already knew he had joined th Dark Side.

Ushgarak
Actually, yeah, a bit more backstory to Dooku would be most welcome.

LaurenE147
Oh, my heavens. Ush and I agreed on something.

Ushgarak
Now, does that have to seem so improbable?

jedi fernando
i actually like how dooku is drawn mysteriously in to starwars. those mysteries make starwars with a little different taste. I for all fans who give a shit and want more backstory to dooku there will be a DVD.

u have to think for general audiences also, if u tell to much backstory you have another episode 1.

finti
Stay away from MY avatar or it is Viking battle axe smacking timeevil face

master harmax
Finti vs. Maul ..... Who'd win ?

finti
I would of course, to clever for Maul evil face big grin

master harmax
I would remind you that Darth Yerss got his but kicked by Darth Vader. What makes you think you'd fare any better against Maul ? evil face

yerssot
hey! I let him win!

so Ush, you want the Lost 20 back in the movie?

finti
Because I`m a Norwegian

master harmax
So ? Maul's a sith lord ! stick out tongue

queeq
Noooooooooooooooooo.... I'm pretty sure that MUST be EU.

LaurenE147
but finti is Norwgian. You know how vicious they are

finti
indeed.
and what is EU queeq me being Norwegian or Maul being a sith lord. If I am not mistaken Palpy introduces Maul as his apprentice Lord darth Maul

Ushgarak
Yeah, what are you questioning there, queeqy, old bean?

yerssot
you mean that Maul isn't a Sith Lord? confused

LaurenE147
You're killing me, finti!

jedi_blade
Yeah yeah would be nice if I could see Yoda go mideval (sp?) on Dooku, but I have a bad feeling about this...that GL will make Aniken kill him to complete his "journey to the Dark Side" sad

If not Aniken, Sidious will kill Dooku when (if) Dooku turns against Sidious in Ep III

Corran
Jeez, now the threads are being dug up.

LanceWindu
Don't critisize members Corran.

I think Anakin will duel with Dooku to complete his turn.

Mujaffa
want more of this .....................drewl

Dexx
have it

Mujaffa
who doesn't

Darth Ninja
How will Anakin kill Dooku in a duel, since Dooku is so much better? My answer to this is Dooku is overated and Anakin is underated.

Mujaffa
wel you saw how anakin messed up and lost his arm....go figure..

Ushgarak
Lucky shot? Anakin gets better? Tou know the sort of thing. Dooku is not overrated in any way, though.

Mujaffa
you the standard sith..ey

lordvader
I have to disagree with master harmax. I think that its going to come as a total suprise to Count Dooku and all the other JEDI when Palptine reveals Darth Vader To them its going to be a trap for all the JEDI and Dooku. After the fight with ANAKIN and OBI-WAN i belive OBI wan will think that ANAKIN has died and tells the rest of the JEDI and THATS when Palptine and VADER and Count Dooku will hunt down the JEDI all JEDI are killed except of cousrse Yoda and OBI-WAN then Palptine will betray Count Dookie and thats when Vader will kill him. I feel as evil as palptine is he will go to great length's to get what he wants even if that means he has to use Count Dooku before he has him killed. Palptine is using him as a puppet only Dooku doesnt know it yet.

master harmax
Ummm ... what did I say, that u disagree with ? Sorry I dont remember now ... that was a long time back. confused

queeq
Your sense for detecting sarcasm. big grin

Ushgarak
Egad, could you answer a little sooner than six months? I was a very different man then... I believe that I was not quite sure what you were mocking, was the thing.

master harmax
What's with this thread ? Some sort of phantasmogrophic time warping device thingy, that precludes any replies within a period of less than 3 months ?

Ushgarak
Let's wait another half a year and find out.

master harmax
In that case, we could start a countdown to the next reply on this thread ...

queeq
I'll be happy to comply... big grin

finti

master harmax
smokin'

finti
actualy in the battle between Dooku and Anankin it looks like that Anakin, when reduced to one saber, adapt to Dookus style of fighting. He certainly dont stand a chanse against Dooku that way, he should have kept to fast moves to try and tire out the elder opponent.

master harmax
I just checked out the DVD a couple of days back. I didnt quite pick up on that piece of detail. That particular encounter didnt impress me as a piece of moviemaking. I dont think Hayden adapted to the whole sword fighting thing very well. He looked rather slow, and his moves too rehearsed and choreographed. The essence of a good fight sequence, on film, is that it has to look natural - the fact that all the moves have been carefully choreographed and rehearsed should not become evident to the audience, and in the fight between Lee and Hayden, that aspect stuck out like a sore thumb. It didnt feel that way so much in the fight between Lee and Ewan Mcgregor. But Hayden and Lee seemed to move really slowly almost as if it was some sort of rehearsed dance or something. If u observe, there werent too many long shots in that duel ... there were quite a few close ups of the faces of the two actors, and quick edits, which is what they do in fight sequences, when the actors involved arent really good at the action moves ... its a common way of covering up that part. Now I know Lee has experience as a sword fighter ... but Hayden for me, didnt seem to cut the action scenes too well.

Ushgarak
Lee is the MAN when it comes to movie swordfighting...

GordonSkywalker
Christopher Lee is cool. I am of course anxious to see how Count Dooku dies.

umraan
he dies by anakin's hand

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.